Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Join me to give TOM(The Old Media) a run for their money
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distorted news or alternative truth
During the Aquino claim on the SCS islands, the media had been reporting that the Hague Tribunal was ‘UN backed’ almost daily to give the impression that it was indeed an authoritative organization with UN backing. Now no one dares to mumble this phrase ‘UN backed’ anymore. Why?
The latest media onslaught is at North Korea. Today’s headline is about North Korea being the aggressive and provocative country wanting to go to war. ‘Asia gets the chills as Pyongyang goes on warpath’, ‘Washington, allies stage drills as show of force against Pyongyang’, ‘Trump presses China on N Korea’, ‘North Korea threatens to hit back’, or North Korea planning another nuclear test. All intent and purpose is to point the finger at the North Korean as the bad guys, the people that want to start a war.
The question, what is wrong with a country building up and developing weapons for its own defence, protection and security? The Americans possessed thousands of nuclear warheads that could destroy the whole world and is acceptable in the name of defence. And the Americans are going to develop more nuclear weapons, deadlier than what they are having now while the North Koreans are branded as a threat for trying to develop prototype, low destructive power nuclear weapons, is not acceptable?
Did the North Koreans amass their troops and war craft and conduct war games to simulate attacking South Korea, to attack Japan or to attack the USA? Who is threatening who? The Americans are saying they would act alone, to invade North Korea.
What do you think were the Americans doing outside the gate of North Korea? Yes, conducting war games to simulate attacking and invading North Korea. Now they have two nuclear strike groups stationing outside the North Korean border, the 7th Fleet and the 3rd Fleet, both heavily armed and could destroy the whole of North Korea by pressing a few buttons. Is this not a threat of war, not provocative, not threatening to the North Koreans that they must be prepared, be on red alert in case they are invaded? The Americans could do that at any moment, just like in the SCS when the Japanese American Commander told his man war could be any time? This is how war like the Evil Empire has become. Many clowns still claimed that the Americans are peaceful and benign super power when they are starting wars everywhere.
Why would not the media write some headlines like ‘American forces amassing outside North Korea threatening war’, or ‘American practicing an invasion of North Korea’, or Americans provoking a war with North Korea?
Who is more dangerous? Who is more ready to start a war, the North Koreans or the Americans? The Americans, according to Tillerson, is about to start a war with N Korea, for what fucking reason? Is North Korea threatening the USA? Why can’t the N Koreans have their own nuclear weapons when the Americans have thousands of them?
Think? What is the truth? What is distorted truth? What is alternative truth?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Paul Craig's article and his frustration with trolls

Below are some paragraphs from Dr Craig's article posted in the 4th Dimension that exposed the realities and dirty works of trolls and despicable people in the social media.

The North Korean “crisis” is a Washington orchestration. North Korea was last at war 1950-53. N. Korea has not attacked or invaded anyone in 64 years. …. …. So what is the demonization of N. Korea by the presstitutes and Trump administration about?
It is about the same thing that the demonization of Iran was about. The “Iranian threat” was an orchestration that was used as cover to put US anti-ballistic missile bases on Russia’s borders. An anti-ballistic missile (ABM) is intended to intercept and destroy nuclear-armed ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles) and prevent them from reaching their targets.
Washington claimed that the anti-ABM bases were not directed at Russia, but were for the protection of Europe against Iran’s nuclear ICBMs. Insouciant Americans might have believed this, but the Russians surely did not as Iran has neither ICBMs nor nuclear weapons.
The Russian government has made it clear that Russia understands the US bases are directed at preventing a Russian retaliation against a Washington first strike.
The Chinese government also is not stupid. The Chinese leadership understands that the reason for the N. Korean “crisis” is to provide cover for Washington to put anti-ballistic missile sites near China’s border.
In other words, Washington is creating a shield against nuclear retaliation from both Russia and China from a US nuclear strike against both countries....

I then looked at the comment sections on other sites that repost my columns, and there were the trolls hired by the CIA, Mossad, National Endowment for Democracy, George Soros, NATO, US State Department, and others denouncing me for promoting nuclear war. Of course, it is Washington that is promoting nuclear war, and it is Washington that has convinced Russia and China that a preemptive nuclear strike is in their future....

I seldom see an intelligent comment on websites that have comment sections. Most comments come from people too ashamed to speak in their real names and who are unwilling to provide their real email addresses. Almost all comments come from narcistic ignorant fools hiding behind fake names and fake email addresses and from paid trolls.
I don’t write in order to be slandered by paid trolls and ignorant narcissistic fools. I regard it as highly irresponsible for websites to undercut their writers with anonymous accusations and slander from no one knows who....

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake news or real news?
We have often heard of Singaporeans being beaten by foreigners and with the foreigners often walking away with a light tap on the wrists. Singaporean cyclists and motorists and the infamous taxi drivers, used to be PMETs bore the brunt of physical attacks by these foreign beasts, aka foreign talents. Singaporeans seem to take such bollocking by foreigners as part and parcel of being Singaporeans.
Now this bashing of Singaporeans has gone one notch higher, the bashing of Singaporean police officers, or was it fake news? I read this posted in the statestimes review and dunno want to laugh or want to cry for the police officers that were beaten, that is, if the news is real.
‘Singapore Police is now under intense public criticisms for incompetence over letting off an Australian public menace 4 times with no detention, including multiple assaults and insults against enforcement officers.
At the Departure Hall in Changi Airport Terminal 2 on 12.15am of April 20, Jason Peter Darragh, 44, assaulted police officers – hitting one in the face and pushing another to the ground – and hurled abuses loudly at the enforcement officers. The ruckus was captured by a video and went viral on Facebook. Jason Darragh was later seen in the video being put down and arrested.
Interestingly, Jason Darragh was released from detention less than a day later – presumably to have posted bail and less than 24 hours later, at around 4.50am the next day (April 21), Jason Darragh caused a public annoyance in front of McGettigan’s CQ bar in Clarke Quay. The police let the public menace walked free again.
Five days later on the 12.20am of April 26, Jason Darragh was found drunk in the toilet at Orchard Towers shopping mall, a local mall known for sleazy bars. He was sent to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for unknown reasons and at the hospital, he hurled abuses at a police officer. The police, knowing his previous 3 records, let him walked free again.
Another five days later on May 1, Jason Darragh was again drunk and harassed a woman at a taxi stand at Tan Tye Place near Clark Quay. Jason Darragh is now walking free in the Singapore streets on a S$20,000 bail and will only face his first court trial next Friday (May 19).’
Assuming the above is real news, if fake I will take it down immediately and the statestimesreview is gonna get whacked for it, is it tolerable or acceptable for our law enforcing officers to be bashed by foreigners at will and taken so lightly? Do we need such foreigners here in the first place even if they are real talents? Anyone heard of pride and dignity and self respect?
What is going on?
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake news is a national issue in Singapore
The recent revelation of ‘reputable’ American media printing fake news or alternative truths in their papers came as a rude shock to the ordinary unsuspecting readers who have all the years been made to believe that these media only print the truth, nothing but the truth, with some claiming to double or triple check their facts before printing, to ensure that they print only the truth. And of course some of these media have been ranked at the bottom of the list for their fake news printing prowess.
What has happened in the USA may have rubbed off some people in Singapore to realize that there were lots of fake news printed in the media and that these are dangerous. Oops, I must make a clarification on this. Fake news only occurred in social media, not in the century tested, proven, trustworthy and reliable main media. They print only real news, factually correct and nothing else. The govt is starting to get uneasy and planning to introduce more laws to protect the citizens, normally very daft, not sure it is part of the DNA or nurtured, so that they would not read fake news. To do so, people who published fake news would face the wrath of the new laws and may end up behind bars. This is how serious the govt is today, to protect its people from being harm by fake news.
The most reputable paper in the island that only published truthful news (please ignore the fake reports that ranked the reputable paper at the bottom of the ladder) has come out to tell its reader not to worry as they would help the people to decide what is fake news from real news. And if the readers are not sure, they can ask the paper for their opinion. I am not sure how the local media are going to do this, probably a hotline to let readers call in to check on the news, is it fake or not fake. This is how caring the govt and local media have become, to make sure the daft citizens of this island would not be bluffed by fake news and taken advantage of.
In the past I used to tell myself that when I write a satirical post or a joke, I must add a PS at the bottom of the article to tell my readers that it is a satire or a joke as they are not supposed to know the difference and would take everything as real stuff. And for believing my satire or joke as real, I can be accused of propagating fake news because the readers cannot tell the difference and I did not tell them it is not real. I think from now onwards when I write something I must add a remark to tell my readers that it is real or fake news, not that my readers could not tell but one or two here may have such problems, but to protect myself in case the law comes after me for publishing fake news. I think it should be alright if I print something that is fake, a satire or a joke and state it as so, then I would not be accused of publishing fake news to mislead the innocent and unthinking readers that are supposed to have difficulties telling the difference. When you have a nation of daft, people with low thinking ability despite having tertiary education, it is necessary to take precaution not to mislead them and to protect them. Did someone say they never grow up?
So what if more than 50 percent of the population received tertiary education and cannot tell between fake and real news? If they could then the govt and the media would not have such a big headache trying to come up with laws and assistance to help them understand. Dunno to laugh or to cry.
Stupidity has no cure. Maybe next time they will teach the people how to have sex and pass law to protect them in case they can’t tell the difference between having real sex and fake sex. Oops, I am walking a fine thin line on posting another piece of fake news. Ok, ok, no such things ok, I am just using an example, not because of inhaling some drugs or hallucinating without the aid of drugs. Ok, ok, I am just another daft Singaporean that needs the protection of the laws on fake news. Thank you very much. Now I feel safer already.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbean wrote:
Fake news is a national issue in Singapore
The recent revelation of ‘reputable’ American media printing fake news or alternative truths in their papers came as a rude shock to the ordinary unsuspecting readers who have all the years been made to believe that these media only print the truth, nothing but the truth, with some claiming to double or triple check their facts before printing, to ensure that they print only the truth. And of course some of these media have been ranked at the bottom of the list for their fake news printing prowess.
What has happened in the USA may have rubbed off some people in Singapore to realize that there were lots of fake news printed in the media and that these are dangerous. Oops, I must make a clarification on this. Fake news only occurred in social media, not in the century tested, proven, trustworthy and reliable main media. They print only real news, factually correct and nothing else. The govt is starting to get uneasy and planning to introduce more laws to protect the citizens, normally very daft, not sure it is part of the DNA or nurtured, so that they would not read fake news. To do so, people who published fake news would face the wrath of the new laws and may end up behind bars. This is how serious the govt is today, to protect its people from being harm by fake news.
The most reputable paper in the island that only published truthful news (please ignore the fake reports that ranked the reputable paper at the bottom of the ladder) has come out to tell its reader not to worry as they would help the people to decide what is fake news from real news. And if the readers are not sure, they can ask the paper for their opinion. I am not sure how the local media are going to do this, probably a hot line to let readers call in to check on the news, is it fake or not fake. This is how caring the govt and local media have become, to make sure the daft citizens of this island would not be bluffed by fake news and taken advantage of.
In the past I used to tell myself that when I write a satirical post or a joke, I must add a PS at the bottom of the article to tell my readers that it is a satire or a joke as they are not supposed to know the difference and would take everything as real stuff. And for believing my satire or joke as real, I can be accused of propagating fake news because the readers cannot tell the difference and I did not tell them it is not real. I think from now onwards when I write something I must add a remark to tell my readers that it is real or fake news, not that my readers could not tell but one or two here may have such problems, but to protect myself in case the law comes after me for publishing fake news. I think it should be alright if I print something that is fake, a satire or a joke and state it as so, then I would not be accused of publishing fake news to mislead the innocent and unthinking readers that are supposed to have difficulties telling the difference. When you have a nation of daft, people with low thinking ability despite having tertiary education, it is necessary to take precaution not to mislead them and to protect them. Did someone say they never grow up?
So what if more than 50 percent of the population received tertiary education and cannot tell between fake and real news? If they could then the govt and the media would not have such a big headache trying to come up with laws and assistance to help them understand. Dunno to laugh or to cry.
Stupidity has no cure. Maybe next time they will teach the people how to have sex and pass law to protect them in case they can’t tell the difference between having real sex and fake sex. Oops, I am walking a fine thin line on posting another piece of fake news. Ok, ok, no such things ok, I am just using an example, not because of inhaling some drugs or hallucinating without the aid of drugs. Ok, ok, I am just another daft Singaporean that needs the protection of the laws on fake news. Thank you very much. Now I feel safer already.

redbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redbean on Youtube
While surfing the net I was pleasantly surprised by the few youtube clips of my postings in mysingaporenews. These were not done by me of course. The youtube clips were just my articles and read out by western newsreaders, a guy and a gal, in perfect English. It is a nice feeling to know that some of my articles are worthy of being read and converted to youtube to reach a bigger audience. I must thank the producers of the youtube clips on my articles.

Also, there was a book on the South China Sea ruling by the kangaroo court published by Oxford Press. Could not remember the title. And redbean's comment was quoted and even footnoted. Well, well, I must be making some sense in some posts.

Here are the links to the youtube clips.

Redbean on Youtube
Wisdom in a tricky situation by Chua Chin Leng aka …
www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9BDiDV5OFc
15/2/2014 · Video embedded · Unsubscribe from
hong lim park? * The writer blogs at mysingaporenews.blogspot.com

Stupidity has no cure by Chua Chin Leng aka redbean - Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y035lrBY6Jg

There is a typing error in this article in the part,
'to start start ' should be 'to start wars''.

Anger against foreigners mounting - Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yymoyHMgeo
Anger against foreigners mounting Chua Chin Leng aka redbean
The writer blogs at mysingaporenews.blogspot.com.

This is the footnote part:

Is International Law International? - Google Books Result

https://books.google.com.sg/books?isbn=0190696435

Anthea Roberts - 2017 - ‎Law
... Debates with American Expert on the Arbitration
Case, YOUTUBE (July 22, ... See, e.g., Chua Chin Leng,
The Hague's Theatrical Judgment on the South ...
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so sorry for our journalists/reporters
Many of you must have missed this fact and did not even think about it. Why is it that we don’t produce great journalists/reporters that could be nominated or won the Pulitzer Prize for journalism? Yes, we have many journalists, many very well qualified and I believe can write great stories and produce great journalistic works.
The answer, the environment. It is so stifling here for anyone or journalists/reporters to fully express themselves in their works, in their profession. If only the journalists and reporters could be given full reign to write what they want to write, the way the want to write, as journalists and reporters, I am sure many great names of journalists would be Singaporeans.
If SPH is thinking of writing about regional news, there is no need to recruit foreigners. Our very own journalists and reporters would be able to write much better than the foreigners. Maybe this going regional thing is a good thing for our journalists and reporters to write freely, without any restraints or constraints.
I remember an old story about a group of American tourists visiting Moscow Square. And they were bragging to their Russian guide about freedom of expression. This was in the 60s when Russia was the bigger USSR. The Americans claimed that they could say anything in America, even shouting ‘Fuck JF Kennedy, or Fuck Johnson’ in a public square.
The Russian guide looked at them and said, they could do the same in Moscow. The Americans laughed at him. What, we dared you repeat what we said right here. The Russian guide put his loud hailer to his mouth and blared out, ‘Fuck JF Kennedy, Fuck Johnson.’ Then he looked at the Americans and said, ‘See, freedom of expression.’
With freedom of expression, journalists and reporters can really be what they are and excel in their works. Now many mistook them as duds, unable to write or produce great literary works. But writing about the region would remove this constraint, I hope, to write freely. Let’s hear them write about the Mad Man or Rocket Man in North Korea. The only people allowed to write ‘quite freely’ in our media are some foreigners pushing their private agenda, like anti China or anti North Korea. These people are so privilege to write their rubbish as if they are authorities in what they are saying and feeding daft Singaporeans with their hostile views on China and North Korea. Some may be wondering if this is an official view or encouraged by the govt to publish such negative views on these two countries.
If our journalists were given such freedom, would they unthinkingly reproduced the same thing as the western media and addressed Kim Jong Un as the Mad Man or Rocket Man, regurgitating what the western media planted in their heads? If they do, then there would be no hope for them to rival AP, Reuters or whatever media from the West. They would not be producing anything new, original or refreshing.
This would be a test for them to be themselves, to think as individuals, not as unthinking robots, only parroting what is being programmed into their heads, consciously or unconsciously. Alas, this is unlikely to happen. Many would be writing about their pets and what they eat for breakfast.
I would recommend SPH to drop the stupid idea of hiring foreigners and let our own journalists/reporters loose and have a go at true journalism. Hey, provide jobs for Singaporeans man, not foreigners with Singaporean money or money made from Singaporeans. The govt has already been very generous in creating a couple of million jobs for foreigners here. There is no need to do more in this direction.
Maybe we will see a few Singaporean Pulitzer Prize winners in the making.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khaw Boon Wan acting PM
Khaw Boon Wan was appointed acting PM while Hsien Loong was on leave. He assumed the position for one week while Teo Chee Hean stood in for the other week. Tharman was not mentioned or appointed as the acting PM while being the second DPM like Chee Hean.
This move has caused an uproar in the social media speculating that Tharman was by passed. One even said in the TRE that this is a signal to Tharman that he was not going to be the next PM. I disagree. I think it was very likely that Tharman was also on leave during the same period as Hsien Loong. So it was a non issue at all.
Even if my reading is not right, it does not matter to Tharman as he has made it clear many times, that he is not interested in being the PM and not the right man for the job. He has vehemently denied that he wanted the job.
So what is all this noise about, except for nothing. It is not what the social media think who is best suited to be the PM. It is not what I think who is the best person to be the PM. It is not what Cheng Bock thinks who is the best man for the PM.
Though the situation is such that Tharman appears to be the best man for the PM job, he is not interested. Period. What if the inner circle of the PAP thinks that he is the right man and voted for him to be the PM? This would be tricky. Would Tharman then reluctantly accept his fate, as the chosen one, as the reluctant PM of Singapore?
For the time being, this so called message to Tharman is just pure hogwash. The most probable reason as I said, was that Tharman was on leave. There is no reason to read more to it than just a matter of coincidence. Nah, it is not a matter of a confluence of events. Hsien Loong would not do such a darn thing to Tharman. Singapore is a democracy and the people choose the PM. Oops, sorry, the people do not choose the PM. Only the inner circle of the PAP chooses and decides who should be the PM of Singapore.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best social political blog and blogger
This is the time of the year when people sit back to relax and to reflect on the happenings of the year. The main media and several industries and organizations have been holding events to honour their champions, like best journalists, best actor and actress, best author etc etc. It has been nearly two decades since social media burst into the scene of news reporting, reporting news of the people, news that the people think are relevant and interesting to them, soldiering tirelessly without any form of financial reward. Just think of the hundreds of thousands that are being paid to full time news makers and reporters and the pittance or zero being paid to part time social political writers in the social media, it is like what they said, a thankless task and with the risks of being on the wrong side of the political divide and ending up behind bars or bankrupt or run road.
Perhaps it is time that social media readers and bloggers do something to honour this group of tireless soldiers banging away at the keyboards to air what the main media would not want to print. I was hoping that the bigger and more popular sites like TRE, Statestimereview or TOC would do the honour to put up some awards to give recognition to the relentless efforts of the bloggers, to keep the social and political news flowing to satisfy readers hungry for alternative news.
While waiting for them to come up with something in this line of thought, I would like to suggest two awards, one for the Best Social Political Blog and one for the Best Social Political blogger. Readers here can submit the names of their favourite blogs and bloggers and we can hold a small survey to honour them. The rewards would not be any monetary kind, just a name, Best Social Political Blog and Best Social Political Blogger. For the latter I have a few suggestions, Phillip Ang, Cynical Investor, Leong Sze Hian to start the ball rolling.
As I am initiating this project, mysingaporenews and redbean should be excluded from the nomination as there is an issue of conflict of interest. There are many blogs and bloggers out there to be recognised and honoured for keeping the readers informed of the real and important stuff that one would not read in the main media. This is a highly essential role that must be filled if the people are to be kept well informed and not be misled by fake news or biased news from the main media. These bloggers keep a balance of what is real and what is unreal and maintain a sense of sanity in this world of fabricated truths.
This is an effort to honour the people that are really making the news out of a genuine interest to produce news that affect our country and people, unlike those that did it for financial rewards. Not that it is wrong to do so for monetary benefits or for a living. It is that much more meaningful doing it out of passion, justice and righteousness.
Many bloggers and blogs must have contributed to the readers knowledge of current affairs and helped them to form clearer and informed views of things and events. They deserved your support and recognition. Please get the ball rolling.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Singapore news are reported by foreigners
I am not sure you people have noticed this, Singapore’s local news have increasingly been reported by foreign sounding names, including deputy editors. The most sensitive thing about a nation state is news and information of the country that should be reported by its own citizens. A point to note is Channel News Asia where the news are reported by the citizens of the respective countries to give it the genuine local flavour. But there are signs that this is slipping away and soon it could become Channel News Angmoh when more and more angmohs will be assigned to report news from angmoh perspective like the good old colonial days. And celebrating the 200 years bicentennial of colonialism is a good and happy thing, something to be proud of.
As for a nation state, its local news must be reported by its citizens. Even foreign news should be written to reflect local perspective and not the interest and perspective of foreigners. If foreigners are employed to write and dominate local news, it cannot be avoided that the foreign biases and subjectivity and interests would creep in and if this is unrestrained, the local media would eventually become more like foreign media. By then the readers would not know if they are reading real news or fake news as the flavour could be foreign, the focus could be foreign and the interest could be foreign. Fake news could then become endemic and be part of the daily diet without anyone knowing the difference.
Many of the international news were sourced from the west with silly western thinking and biases that are noticeably anti China and if this is contrary to our national interest they should be carefully vetted or else they could be seen as a conscious national policy or editorial policy.
How many foreigners, even new citizens, are in the editorial board of our local main media? Or it does not matter as Singapore belongs to everyone here, citizen or not citizen, and it is ok for foreigners to dominate our local media sharing their biases and nuances on local issues and events and matters of national interests, shaping the thinking of Singaporeans?
Following the retrenchment of many local reporters, wondering how many foreigners were recruited to replace them to write for our national newspapers. Anyone being betrayed? Our national sovereignty is not just about territorial sovereignty but also news sovereignty and news in cyberspace. We should not allow foreigners to colonise our news media and colonise our thought processes. It is so silly if as a nation we allowed our people to be colonized by foreigners writing for our national media. Our nation building effort all these years would be totally destroyed and gone down the drain. Are we voluntarily employing and paying foreigners to colonise our minds and thought processes?
In the same vein as Channel News Asia, Singapore news must be written by Singaporeans. New Singaporeans are not suitable to write Singapore news and dictate the narrative of Singapore’s politics as their roots are still deep in their former home country. They need to be desensitized for a number of years to be allowed to write the Singapore story for Singaporeans.
Singapore cannot be anything goes regardless of nationality. Singapore is a nation state, a country, not a non country.
PS. The stupid would not know why it is important that Singapore news must be reported by Singaporeans. Singapore news reported by foreigners are fake news, coloured and spiced for the interest of foreigners, and can be anti Singaporeans.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chan Chun Seng just gave me a reason to support GST hike
Read the extract of an article posted by Augustine Low in the TRE.
‘Forgo the GST hike and Singaporeans could end up finding imported goods and holidays less affordable. This was the warning given by Chan Chun Sing at a Lunar New Year dinner.
The pain of having to contend with price hikes and tax hikes is bad enough. But politicians like Chan have the habit of making it worse by giving excuses and rationale which shows a disregard for Singaporeans’ common sense and intelligence.
Defending the GST hike, Chan Chun Sing somehow managed to turn it into something which simply had to be done, otherwise Singaporeans would lose their privilege to continue enjoying imported goods and cheaper holidays.
How he got from GST hike to imported goods and cheaper holidays is a classic case of taking the argument to the extreme in order to convince Singaporeans that a GST hike is the only way out because the alternative is far worse.
To sum up Chan’s argument: without the GST hike, the government would have to draw from reserves and the world would surmise that Singapore has a weak fiscal policy. Forces at large would therefore collude to weaken and destabilise the Sing dollar, and after the Sing dollar comes under attack, Singaporeans’ savings and spending would be negatively impacted. The result: less money for imported goods and holidays.
Wow! And just like that, Singaporeans are supposed to buy into his argument that a GST hike is preferable to none?’

I state categorically that the above is not written by me, but appeared in the TRE.
I am truly convinced by such clever argument. Our PM in the making, more good years coming with more GST hikes. Oh, there is another reason to support the GST hike, it will help the poor, for the good of the poor. Now, how not to support the GST hike, you tell me lah.

PS. Below are some not so complementary and hilarious comments on our future PM in Ausgustine Low’s article. Please don’t take them seriously and treat them as fake news or comments of the losers.

Samuel S:
March 5, 2018 at 9:38 pm (Quote)
For once if we have chance to choose our PM, we will 100% write CCS off the the list! Just dont understand why our current PM think he is suitable choice because PM Lee himself is not qualified to lead the country. The reason he is here is because of his father LKY.
oxygen:
March 5, 2018 at 10:18 pm (Quote)
4th GENERATION “GET SINGAPORE THINKING” aka GST have all run out of ideas of how to govern LEE-jiapore.
The art of governance is reduced to simplicity of CHICANERY including floating the trial balloon and accusing others of working up on suspicions AFTER they had tabled falsity statistic to advance their wicked plots of accusing WP of municipal accounting fraud that never existed.
We don’t want the PAPpys around anymore. They are all failed apprentices whereever they go.

NotMyProblem:
March 5, 2018 at 11:05 pm (Quote)
I am not sure if Chan Chun Seng actually takes Singaporeans as some kind of an idiot.
Idiot politician is not the problem, the problem is we have idiot voters keep voting for them. That’s the reason, Chan Chun Seng treats Singaporeans as idiot.
Singaporeans, we have been called daft by the PAP, are we going to prove that they are right!!!
doggie:
March 5, 2018 at 11:19 pm (Quote)
No worries, gong gong sinkies are very forgetful.
Once GE comes, dangle some goodies, add in some threat if miw gets voted out housing price will fall and our women have to work as maids
gong gong sinkies will vote against pee and poo.
add in the new citizens, it will be 80% next time
hahahaha
opposition dude:
March 6, 2018 at 1:10 am (Quote)
Keechiu was never very bright so the things he says are absurd at worst and good for a laugh at best.
This goes to show that ministers do not think before they talk. I’m sure we all remember Josephine’s forever unforgettable you don’t need a big space to orh ee orh or Zorro wanting to upturn the downturn or even once in 50 years.
Just wait for the next time kee chiu speaks, it will be another lightbulb going off moment.
kenny:
March 6, 2018 at 7:14 am (Quote)
CCS is an ABSOLUTE IDIOT of a politician ! ! !
Three words for him ” OHHH SHUT UP ! ! ! !”
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most successful fake news campaign – demonizing China and the Chinese Civilisation
Fake news as a weapon of war to confuse, mislead, attack and demoralise the enemies is nothing new. It is a consistent campaign conducted over time, years, decades, even centuries, to destroy the enemy without anyone knowing what was going on. In the words of Michael Raska, from S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies ...fake news is a weapon used for invasion by other countries. “A campaign of disinformation, where falsehoods are spread subtly and gradually, could be the first step in an attack on Singapore. This is especially so for foreign actors who want to attack Singapore, but cannot do so using military means.”
The most successful fake news campaign was conducted by the West and western media to demonise China and the Chinese Civilisation over the last few centuries. If you remove the word ‘Singapore’ in the above quote and insert ‘China’, it is exactly what was happening in the past till today and going on everyday even in articles from western mischievous writers in our local papers.
China was a victim of invasion, colonialism and imperialism until the country was bankrupted, the people humiliated and demoralised and their confidence as a civilisation totally destroyed. But the West and western media glorified their wars and invasion of China and the rest of the world as if Imperialism and Colonialism were the good things, the invaders and murderers and plunderers were the heroes, the good guys, knighted as Sir this and Sir that by their kings and queens. And the real victims, the Africans, the Asians, the Indians and the Chinese were the bad guys.
The success of this fake news campaign is so damaging till today that many Asian leaders are still fearing China as a war monger waiting to conquer and invade their countries when the real invaders were the Western countries and Japan. And to many people of Chinese origins in SE Asia, they even despised China and the Chinese Civilisation, ashamed to be Chinese, even hating the Chinese without knowing why but for the reasons planted into their unthinking mind by the western media.
And when the West ridiculed China, passed rude remarks about Chinese, they would giggle and agree, thinking that they were not Chinese and had nothing to do with being Chinese though they have yellow skin and Chinese parentage. Many would join in the attack and pass humiliating remarks about Chinese, not admitting that they were Chinese. Some may even want to change the colour of their skin, bleach them to be whites.
The local media did not help, in fact continue to publish articles of western origins that were anti China and the Chinese civilisation regularly as if they were truths and not fake news. The common angle that these western articles took would be China may be building roads and infrastructures for the developing countries, but China did not do it for humanitarian grounds but eyeing their natural resources. What is wrong with exchanging their work in infrastructure development with raw materials when these countries could not pay with currencies? Do they expect China to build all the infrastructures for free? Compares with the West selling arms and goods to these countries, for free, for humanitarian reasons? The colonisation of these countries was for humanitarian reasons, to civilise these countries, by robbing them of their land and natural resources without paying a single cent?
The media has been well exploited by the West for centuries to gold plate their evils deeds, their plunderings and killings of Asians and Africans while at the same time demonising other Asian and African countries. There was no condemnation of the mass murders and genocides conducted by the white Europeans in the past and in recent years. The native Americans, the African native slaves, the mass killings in North Korea, Japan, Vietnam, in Iraq, Libya, Syria, in Afghanistan, in many north African states, in Latin America, in the Philippines.
Practically all western media are in the job of passing fake news to glorify the West, the European Empires, the American evil Empire, their killings by the hundreds of thousands in the Middle East and Africa with impunity while accusing the Asian leaders of crimes against humanity. Duterte is a key victim, Assad, Kim Jong Un, now Aung San Suu Kyi, soon would be Najib. Putin and Xi are on the wanted hate list.
Who are the real producers of fake news? Main media or social media? The main role of mysingaporenews is to question and cast doubts on what the main media is pushing as the truth. Mysingaporenews will question what it thinks is fake news, half truths or misinformation to let the readers find their own truths.
Who is conducting a campaign of misinformation and falsehood, reputable western media? All the big names in the media industry are printing real news, not misinformation with private and hidden agenda?
What a joke!
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media - Truth is stranger than fiction
Below are a few paragraphs from the statestimesreview ridiculing the top officials of The Straits Times for lying in an open hearing. I as usual disagree with thestatestimes for their criticisms of the most respectable and serious and always reporting the truth newspaper in Singapore. I also disagree with their low ranking for credibility at 151st in the world. Of course you are free to disagree with me and my biased opinion. I would not be offended as I also have very thick skin. I would not demand an apology, I swear.

'Openly lying at the Select Committee’s hearing, Singapore’s state media claimed that they are “serious journalism” and independent from the ruling party’s influence.

Singapore’s state media, comprising of Mediacorp and Singapore’s Press Holdings, are collectively ranked 151st in the world for credibility. The shameful ranking puts Singapore media among the third world nations like Iraq and North Korea, but the editors representing the two propaganda state media, senior editors of Mediacorp and editor of Straits Times, protested insisting they are not biased:

“Over the last five, 10 years we’ve tried extremely hard to be fair, balanced and objective because we see our role as not trying to play up one party or the other, but to give our readers as much information as they can to make decisions for themselves. If we were biased, we would be clearly called out on social media. It would backfire and affect our credibility, so we wouldn’t be inclined to do that. I don’t think it does anybody any service if we tried to … it would be a disservice to our readers, a disservice to our journalists, and ultimately I think a disservice to Singapore.”
The propagandists also said that the internet is the reason why trust in the mainstream media has fallen, and called for the government to impose more censorship on the internet “to level the playing field with the mainstream media”:'

I know that it is very difficult to dispute the poor rankings of international bodies on anything but only to agree with them when the rankings are good. It is only human to hear the good stuff, read the good stuff. I just dunno how an international body could give The Straits Times such a low ranking when it is as reputable as the New York Times, the Washington Post etc as it always carried their unbiased, objective and well researched political western propaganda to attack, ridicule and rubbish any country that is being demonished by the American Empire. See how many pages were given to western journalists to write and condemn Asian countries from the western perspectives. Somehoe Singapore could not produce any good journalist to write news from our own perspective and interest of Asians. But these are foreign news and not the fault of the paper. They never write them, maybe even have to pay to have the right to publish these western fake news. Oops, they are alternative news from the West, not fake.

A good point to note is that for the last 5 or 10 years The Straits Times have been trying extremely hard to be fair, balanced and objective in reporting local news. Never mind what they were doing before the last 5 or 10 years. Maybe then it was easier to report fair, balanced and objective news or they were reporting something else. They could not be reporting unfair, unbalanced and unobjective news right? Come to think of it, should it not be a natural thing, a moral thing, a thing of honour, to be reporting fair, balanced and objective news? Is this not the responsibility and purpose of a news media?

Anyway, if they have to try extremely hard, they must have good reasons to work extremely hard just to be fair, balanced and objective. Not sure what or who is making them working so hard when it should be second nature, the right thing to do. Telling the truth is so easy. Every child can do that without any effort. On this ground I think we should be very appreciative of them for telling us their problem without having to say it. This is the best honourable journalists could say or do under the circumstances.

Let's believe in the honour and fairness of our journalists for giving us so respectable unbiased news, not fake news, all these 5 or 10 years under extremely difficult conditions. Let's not believe in their lowly 151st world ranking. And thestatestimesreview should not criticise them so unfairly.

As they said, wait till you are wearing the shoes or be in their position, only then would you understand their hardship and difficulties. Whatever they are saying or not saying, and confessing or not confessing, I like.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the real news
In the Select Committee on fake news, Janil Puthucheary quoted this, ‘a survey published by REACH indicated 92% of Singaporeans want tougher legislation against “fake news”, with a majority vouching for perpetrators to be punished.'
This one I say is 100% real news. Why I say so? One, a minister would not lie or would not anyhow misquote. Two, Reach is an official govt platform, so would not lie. Three, the people responding to Reach are honest and sincere Singaporeans reflecting on the views of honest and sincere Singaporeans in the whole island.
If I were to conduct a similar survey among the MPs, all 89 of them, NCMP and NMP excluded, 83 would support more stringent laws and 6 would oppose. That would give a 93% supporting for more stringent laws.
If I were to conduct a survey among the SDP or WP followers or some other opposition party followers, I think I would get 100% against more stringent laws. This is also real news.
And hypothetically, if I were to walk into a kopitiam and ask the Ah Pek and Ah Ma political analysts to kee chiu, I think got chance 90% or more would be against more stringent laws because in the kopitiam they talked about anything. Stringent laws may tangkap them before they closed their mouths. But the result could vary depending on which constituency or GRC is the kopitiam in.
If I were to conduct a survey in mysingaporenews, I think at least 70% would vote against more stringent laws. There is one caveat, if Raymond did not bring in his whole gang of IBs to vote. If the latter happens, then the result could be 70% in favour of more stringent laws.
All the above surveys are real surveys, real news, not fake news. Everyone is telling the truth. Now, if one is to avail himself to all these surveys, what is the conclusion? You tell me lah? Who is right, who is telling the truth and who is spreading fake news? It is controversial lah. So what is real news and what is fake news? Depends on who you are and whether you are the law or you are an outlaw. Tiok boh?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the fake news – from official sources
The Trump Administration launched a trade war against China, raising tariffs after tariffs. China responded in kind with its own tariffs. The Americans then said it is not in a trade war and both sides are talking. Trump then said China would bring down its trade barriers, would open up. All this looked so real.
China has replied. China has not been talking to the Americans for months, and definitely not since trump started this trade war. And China is not going to talk to the Americans until the Americans back down from its wild allegations and threats of sanctions and tariffs.
See the fake news and the source of the fake news?
The Assad govt is using chemical weapons against the rebels and the Syrians. Russia used the most deadly gas against its ex spy, Skripal and daughter in England. The gas is 10 times more deadly than VX used on Kim Jong Nam. Kim died, but Skripal and daughter are alive and well.
The western govts are ganging up like a pack of wolves to accuse Russia and Syria for using chemical weapons. And all the western media, the MSM, are pointing the fingers at the Russians and the Syrians. No need investigation. They are the judge, jury and executioner. Assad and the Russians are guilty of all the alleged crimes, just like Saddam was guilty of WMD. Trump called Assad animal. But who is the biggest and most evil animal? No need to guess.
Who is spreading fake news? Who are the evil ones using chemicals and putting the blame of the Russians and the Assad govt? No need to guess. It is fake news galore in the western media. Who is going to punish the originator and spreader of fake news?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: