Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Silly and mischievous articles to incite hatred
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mean Western Media

The myth that western media were objective, unbiased, truthful and fair reporting were clearly exposed in a report in the China Daily/Ann, REUTERS. The report is supported by evidence, pictures and writeups of western media, supposedly very reputable ones, of distorting truth and creating misleading news to attack the Chinese authorities in Tibet. When all the violence and killings were done by the rioters, the reporting and pictures were doctored to show that it was the Chinese authorities that were the bad guys.

Among the culprits mentioned were CNN, BBC, Washington Post, Germany's Bild, N-TV and RTL TV and Berliner Morgenpost.

It is really disgusting and distasteful for such organisations to stoop so low in their reporting of untruth and misinformation. Where is the credibility, where is the ethics, the moral standing for these ass organisations to do such disgraceful acts? It is an abuse of freedom of expression and freedom of the media when such misinformation are published as truth.

What tooth? These organisations have destroyed whatever credibility they have and drag down whatever little credibility the western media has in general.

The full article can be found in MyPaper today.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amused by Seah Su Chen

She chided a Mr Ang for his 'naivety and nonchalance' for supporting the Singapore govt's stand on a peaceful rise of China as a superpower. And she quoted the invasion of Tibet in 1950, the Sino Indian border war in 1962 and China's incursion into Vietnam in 1979.

Now did she know her history and how these invasions started or who started the incursion and invasions? Or is she as naive as she claimed that Mr And was? She must be reading too many reputable and undistorted western media truth. Another delirious character.

Unbelieveable and very amusing and absolutely fascinating.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an idiot!

'Media expert Xiao Qiang, adnunct professor at the Univ of California at Berkeley, said: "The erros can hardly be interpreted as a conspiracy or conscious effort. The 'allegations' are an over reaction to exaggerate such errors."'

He presumes that the journalists, their editors, are primary school kids who are proned to exaggerate things. Didn't he realise that these are professionals who earn a living by writing and reporting, and many claimed that they will do a lot of checkings and confirmations to ensure that the facts are correct before publishing?

Who is more gullible? The readers or the professor?
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asian media are part of the conspiracy

Yes, Asian media are part of the conspiracy to discredit China and to support the boycott of the Olympic Games. The indiscriminate airing of distorted information or misinformation on the Tibetan riotings is the clearest evidence that these media are in cahoot with the western subversive movement.

It is unacceptable and unforgiveable to take the excuse that it was an over exaggeration and the editors were idiots that do not know what were happening and what they were publishing. It is their job, their livelihood and profession to edit and provide news and information that are true and accurate, not half truth or mischievious news.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China has wide network of spies to steal secrets, says US

This is the heading of a Washington Post article in a local msm. What this report is saying is that this is news, and bad news, that a country like China is involved in such a big enterprise of spying on other nations.

What the msm did not say is that the US, UK and all foreign countries were doing this same dirty work for centuries and more wide spread and comprehensive than the Chinese. Prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbour, the Japanese had established a whole community of spies in Hawaii and America.

What is so new about such news? Oh, it is to parrot an American propaganda, that China is a bad boy. The Americans were sooooo innocent. I bet you, the Americans do not engage in espionage. And that is the tooth.

That is why I say Asian media is part of the Western conspiracy to run down Asian countries, indvertently. They happily published whatever the Americans want them to publish.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China betrays Iran

AGENCIES reported that China has provided secret information of Iran's effort to make nuclear arms to the United Nation. China is finished. It will have no friends anymore. How could China betray an ally? The Western powers never do such silly things. And the Chinese are so silly to do it.

So this is what was reported by the western media.

What is the agenda? What is the tooth?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop depending on Western Media

This is what George Yeo said. He also said, 'For too long, we have depended too much on the Western media for news about each other's regions.' And for too long we have allowed Western media to form views about us, what is acceptable to them and what is not, who is good and who is bad, according to their interest and agenda.

The foolish Asians are starting to wake up and starting to think that they do not need the approval of the West on what they think is acceptable or not. Only now they are calling for a different world view in Asian eyes and in Asian interest. Singapore will host an Asia Middle East Dialogue to work towards the liberation of the Asian mind. Suddenly someone realised that they have a mind that can think, and that we are still colonised in our way of thinking and in the news we read. Only now that we realised that our views and opinions were formulated by the West. Pathetic.

In the first place all Asian media should do a soul searching and kick out the asses that allowed misinformation and distortion of information by Western media to appear in their prints and news. This kind of unthinking and shallow behavior cannot be allowed to continue, unless the country is still a colony and the press is controlled by the West..

We demand a high standard of reporting on our own internal affairs by foreigners, or at least insist on a right of reply. We are we printing distorted and mischievious articles about Asian countries freely as a right, as a freedom of expression, press freedom? For so doing, we are equally guilty to the misinformation and mischiefs created and the distorting of the minds of the readers.

Lets first start at home and impose a high standard of reporting and not blindly printing misinformation or totally biased views in our media. And if there is a reason to do so, include a qualification or a fair and objective article to prevent the tooth from becoming the truth.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 15, 2008
China demands CNN apology for 'goons' comment
BEIJING - CHINA on Tuesday demanded that US television news channel CNN apologise after one of its commentators said the Chinese were 'goons' and that their products were 'junk'.
Jack Cafferty made the comments earlier this month on CNN's political programme, The Situation Room.

'We are shocked at and strongly condemn the evil attack by the CNN anchor on the Chinese people,' Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu told a regular news conference.

'Cafferty used the microphone in his hand to slander China and the Chinese people, and seriously violated reporting ethics.'

Mr Cafferty said the United States imported Chinese-made 'junk with the lead paint on them and the poisoned pet food', adding:

'They're basically the same bunch of goons and thugs they've been for the last 50 years,' according to a copy of his comments carried on YouTube.

This is the standard of western msm and the silly Asians and Africans have been gobbling them up as gospel truth. I would not be able to rebut them if they are printing facts. But when they print rubbish, they will be easy fodder to chew. This is the age of internet and they don't have the exclusive control over the media or airwaves. When they drop their pants, then they deserve to be screwed.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN's apology is more insulting

CNN has apologised for the comment by its commentator Jack Cafferty for calling the Chinese people goons. Now with the outcry in China and a demand for an apology, they said he or CNN meant 'Only Chinese leaders are goons, thugs.'

And the sickening thing is that they think that will get them scotch free, that it is ok to call the Chinese leaders derogatory names and the Chinese people would not mind. It is like believing that people can call their father and mother dogs and bitches and they will not be offended. Maybe the CNN people will accept such remarks on their parents.

But this is what a reputable msm standard of conduct and ethics is all about. OK it is freedom of expression without responsibility and propriety.

If any Chinese media would like to pay me a small sum of money, I will be the equivalent of Jack Cafferty and let go my pieces as flowery as can be. I think I can do no lesser than Cafferty.

PS: 'Forgot to add this. CNN is a network that reports the news in an objective and balanced fashion.' Good work CNN. You have just confirmed that you are objective and balanced in your reporting.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is an article by an American and spreading with the help of unthinking Singaporeans to show how bad China is. The fact is that our retirement has been destroyed by America in their subprime fiasco and the financial crisis they have created. Now they are pointing the finger at China.

For goodness sake, stupid Asians and Singaporeans. Think, use your little numbskull before they expired.

How China will destroy your retirement

The Shanghai index just laid a horrible egg. Wall Street fainted and investors world-wide took to the hills.
How could this happen?

1. Loan growth at China’s central bank fell by 80% in the last 30 days.

2. After a spate of frantic buying this spring, China has stopped stockpiling raw materials, which it bought for pennies on the dollar. The Baltic Dry Index has plunged 25% since late July.

3. The massive amounts of cash that Beijing has pumped into its economy has not been properly absorbed. It has hemorrhaged into speculation. That’s why, although profits for China companies are DOWN by 30%, the Shanghai index is UP 80%.

Can you spell BUBBLE?

4. It’s not just stocks, either. The most expensive housing in the world is now in China. Yes, that is correct. The ratio of property prices to income is now SEVEN TIMES HIGHER in China than in the U.S. It looks like the Japanese land bubble in the ’80s, but with one billion people involved this time around.

Can you spell CRASH?

5. On October 1, the China Communist Party holds the 60th anniversary of Mao’s Long March. Expect Beijing to Band Aid this Ponzi scheme together until October. But, as the last few days have shown, the lie cannot last much longer.

WE HAVE 30 DAYS—TOPS.
Urgent You Act
I’m Dick Young and I am convinced that China’s Ponzi Scheme will not work for much longer. And when it crashes to the ground after October 1, look out, because Wall Street goes with it.
Don’t bother looking for your retirement plans in the rubble. They’ll be pulverized.
It does not have to be this way. Indeed, my subscribers have a different plan. We will be very busy over the next 30 days, but it is work that will set us up for life.

redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday, September 24, 2009
Singapore hopes for an end to its shame
They must be spitting razors in Singapore’s corridors of power as I write this.
Imagine then the outrage, the fury, the sheer indignation felt in the island city-state at the certainty that their country will now forever more be associated with easily the most blatant example of crookedness in motor racing and one of the worst ever in the history of sport itself. The 2008 Singaporean Grand Prix could hardly have been more execrable. Nelson Piquet Jr. was ordered to crash his car by his bosses at Renault in order to force a safety car episode at a time which so suited his team-mate Fernando Alonso that he went on to win the race. Formula One is now thought about as a mafia-controlled, vile sport where anything – even people’s lives – is expendable. Because of the skulduggery of Flavio Briatore and his loyal lieutenant, Pat Symonds, the first ever night-time Grand Prix – an event which was supposed to showcase the best of Formula One’s glamour and pizzazz - is now linked with the ludicrous new word “Crashgate”. Oh dear.

It does not take too much imagination to see that some hapless government official or minister from the appropriate government department was probably summoned to the office of Mr Lee Kuan Yew – who, although well into his eighties, now sits in the Singapore cabinet of his son, the Prime Minister, as Minister Mentor – and had heavy objects hurled at his head.

The above is an extract of an article by a joker by the name of Gitau Githinji posting in his blog in UK. And he called himself a writer. I can't imagine that the fraudulent crash by the Renault Team is now a Singapore problem and Singapore should be ashamed of it. What kind of shit did he store in between his ears? His full article is at http://gitaugrandprix.blogspot.com/2009/09/singapore-hopes-for-end-to-its-shame.html
elle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misinformation is an Art Form. Some are better at it than others.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy's thinking process really baffles me. The race fixing was done by the racing team and got nothing to do with Singapore except that the race was held here. Singapore only provided the venue and the whole event was run by the race organiser.

Why should Singapore be blamed for the cheating offence? Why should Singapore be ashamed of? He is quite and idiot isn't it?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amusingly frightening article

Last week I read an article by William Pesek in the ST explaining how China is at the brink of collapse or implosion. According to him, China is facing a mountain of problems that will pull it down. As a history student, I knew that China had collapsed 200 years ago, a broken country stricken with poverty, lack of industry, penniless, infested by warlords and foreign pests.

Why is China facing imminent collapse today when it is the second most powerful country in the world, rid itself of all the foreign pests, warlordism, poverty and a reserve of US$2 trillion?

China has muslim separatist problem that it could not handle, widespread corruption, an economy that is too export oriented and if America refuses to buy Chinese products, the factories will close shop. And there are in fighting among the Chinese leaders when Jiang ZeMin stood side by side with Hu JinTao at Tian An Men to view the parade. But the most serious problem China is facing is the reserve of US$2 trillion which it does not know what to do with.

I thought I was reading an essay from a secondary school kid that is still in dreamland and highly intoxicated by the western media point of view. Is the Uigher separatist movement a problem to China? With a continent as huge as Europe and a 1.4b population, what is Uigher? China could simply designate a small corner of Xinjiang and called it the reservation to protect the Uighers and send all of them there, like the Red Indians in the US. Make sure they can get in but cannot get out. Any Uigher found outside the reservation should be arrested and send back to the reservation. Close the gates to the reservation, cordon it off with one of its armies and forget about them. See, problem solved.

No American wants to buy cheap Chinese goods? The Chinese goods are now like drugs to the Americans. They need them desperately as no one could sell them as cheap and as good. The average American is broke and needs cheap stuff from China.

The presence of Jiang together with Hu was to show how close the Chinese leadership is. From Deng to Jiang and to Hu, they are not building dynasties, they are not installing their princelings to perpetuate their rules. What rubbish about infighting? The western media can only hope that the Chinese leaders will fight among themselves by sowing seeds of discontent, conceiving imagination and presenting it as real.

And about the US$2 trillion problem! I think every govt would wish to have this problem. They will crawl to Beijing to beg for the US$2 trillion problem to be theirs.

It was a rubbish article that is most amusing and naive. But many readers will believe that China is in serious trouble after reading it.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another silly article to ridicule China

There is another China bashing article in mypaper today by a Ben Blanchard. He asserted that China's military might is only good on paper and questioned whether they are real or can work. He suggested that most of them would not work especially the missile system but then contradicted himself by quoting how China shot down its own dysfunctional satellite in space. And he laughed at how China handled the Sichuan earthquake as bad in joint operations. He forgot to compare it with how well the Americans handled the Katrina flood. A piece of exemplary joint operations!

And he boasted about the US being battled hardened and experienced as they were engaged in two massive military operations in Iraq aand Afghanistan while China had not been in full battle for three decades. The last time was, he claimed, a bloodied nose from Vietnam. He forgot that the Vietnamese drove the mighty and experienced Americans out of their country while the Chinese drove them back from their borders to Hanoi. Who got bashed?

To be sure China is still far off in comparative strength from the Americans. And he questioned China's ability to threaten the Americans. But that is not the intent of China. China does not seek to threaten the US. Only the US seeks to threaten everyone, including China, and use war as a means to seek control and supremacy over other nations.

What China seeks is simply to deter the aggressive intent of the Americans and to ensure that should any war breaks out between the two, there will be many American boys and girls going home in black plastic bags.

Yes, a full blown war will see the US blowing China into pieces a 100 times over. But China needs only to blow the US into pieces, one time over. That is good enough.

China had fought the US before, and triumphed. They drove the US soldiers from the Yalu River to the 38th parallel with outdated rifles while the Americans were using air power and heavy weapons. China need not have the same high tech and leading edge weapons to defeat the US in a conventional war. It has proven it could do it, in Korea and in a proxy war in Vietnam.

Would the US dare to take on China believing that China's military is all paper only?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> World Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: