Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Silly and mischievous articles to incite hatred
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Silly and mischievous articles to incite hatred Reply with quote

Below is an article I copied from www.littlespeck.com.

I do not know the background of this WorldNetDaily and the people behind it. But the article revealed very clearly what it sets out to do, very similar to Epoch News that is being circulated here for free. This is the kind of propaganda that Asian minds are being fed regularly and over time the subconscious begin to accept this as truth and the hatred becomes instinctive.

North Korea's
Ethnic cult
Kim Jing-il kills off the 'racially impure' and disabled, refugess say. WorldNetDaily
Oct 15, 2006

Refugees are reporting the killing of disabled infants and forced abortions of babies believed fathered by Chinese men in North Korea in an obsessive notion of Korean racial superiority.

At a forum in Seoul, South Korea, several refugees from the north described a policy of state eugenics carried out with extreme repression.

"There are no people with physical defects in North Korea," said Ri Kwang-chol, a North Korean doctor who escaped last year.

Babies with defects are killed by medical staff and quickly buried, he told the London Times.

Among the "physical defects" that will get a baby killed even one in the womb is being half-Chinese.

Han Myong-suk, a 30-year-old woman who escaped twice and who was helped to find sanctuary in a third country by Helping Hands Korea, an American Christian group, had her baby forcibly aborted following her return to North Korea after being sold by traffickers to a Chinese farmer.

Five months pregnant when the Beijing government deported her, Han was interned in a detention camp for women.

"I defied the order to abort the fetus the prison authorities contemptuously called a 'Chinese Chink' and was badly beaten and kicked in my belly by a guard," Han said. She still remembers the guard's name.

After a week of resistance, Han said she was taken to the prison clinic and "in a most blunt manner they extracted the dead child from my body."

Other witnesses described pregnant women being returned from China and taken to a clinic where labour was induced and the infant suffocated or left to die in a box with other infants in front of their mothers.

"Guards would say the mothers had to see and hear their babies die because they were Chinese," a report by the US Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said, noting that the murdered infants were known as "children of betrayers."

These most recent reports confirm findings of the Korean Bar Association which reports that 58 percent of defectors its lawyers have interviewed claim knowledge of forced abortions in Kim's prisons.

Experts caution against seeing the North Korean regime's cruelty as merely a relict of its proclaimed Marxist ideology while missing its cultish dimensions.

Kim Jong-il

"It's vital to recognise that 'juche' - the dogma of self-reliance - is not a theory but a cult and that Kim is worshipped as the leader of a religion," a veteran western diplomat who negotiated with the North Koreans on 19 visits told the Times.

"These Koreans genuinely believe they are a master race and that the peninsula will be united under the rule of the Kim dynasty."

Despite the organisational trappings of a communist state - a Supreme People's Assembly, a presidium, a cabinet and the Korean Workers' party - North Korea is a one-man military dictatorship founded on clan rule, blood ties, mystical ideas of racial superiority and deification of Kim, the diplomat said.

This reality explains Kim's deepening estrangement from it's Marxist neighbour, China.

The juxtaposition of Kim's mysticism and North Korea's apparent testing of a nuclear device this week has it's parallel in Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's belief that he has been chosen as the person designated to prepare the way for the Islamic messiah's second coming and Tehran's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

Before the Mahdi, who supposedly disappeared down a well as a child in A.D. 941, can return, there must be chaos and a world apocalypse.
WorldNetDaily.com

Last edited by redbean on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Susan Shirk from the University of California and Director of the UC Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation wrote an article reprinted in the Straits Times today. She was US dep asst secretary of state responsible for China from 1997 to 2000.'N.Korea nuke crisis: China's tough stance may help fix Japan ties.'

Her article reveals the standard kind of western bias and understanding of Asia and Asian politics, and this is how Rice and the Bush made all those decisions based on the same kind of thinking and assumptions. Let me point out those that I don't agree.

1. That China is willing to take a tough stand against North Korea and would choose to ally with Japan and the US against its tradition ally, North Korea. How foolish can this be? Has China or Russia raise a whimper that North Korea's nuclear test is a threat to them? China may have to worry over the long term if North Korea falls out and join the US camp. But as long as North Korea is on its side, it will do anything it can to keep it that way.

North Korea is the strongest Chinese card against the US and Japan. Without North Korea, the Bush administration and Japan will be playing monkey tricks against China and prodding Taiwan to go independence. And there will be many nonsensical human rights issues and trade issues to pressure China.

2. It is China's intention to keep North and South Korea separated as China fear a united Korea led by the South and under the influence of the Americans. Or is it the other way? The truth is that the Americans are twisting the South Korean's arm and refuse to let them reunite as a single Korea. The Americans fear that a reunited and independent Korea will mean no more American bases in Korea. Didn't Susan Shirk know this or is she pretending that she did not?

3. China voted for a stronger sanction against North Korea? China and Russia stubbornly resisted the US proposal to do a regime change in the North. And they would not allow the US to use the military option. It was forced by the US to accept some kind of sanction unwillingly and had to compromise half way.

4. China compromised its North Korean ally for the reason of pride? The North Korean trump card is so valuable to the Chinese that should the US dares take the military option they can expect the Chinese troops to be there facing them.

5. The perception or impression that all the Americans and western media try to tell the world that North Korea is suffering from food epidemic and its people are dying of hunger as the conventional truth. How true is that? Why are the North Koreans not revolting? And the pictures of hungry babies were of chubby faces with rosy cheeks. Compare them with the skin and bone children of Africa and some third world countries. These children looked so well fed and far from dying of hunger. And those are the worst pictures that they can find and put on air.

6. China is worried about its position in the elite nuclear club being diluted. Horseshit! Did China complain about North Korea, Pakistan or Iran being nuclear powers? The country that fears this dilution of its nuclear power status is the country that makes the most noise and threatening military intervention. Now which country is that? Difficult to guess?

7. China will join Japan and the US against a common enemy in North Korea? She must be mad! How could a professor have such a simplistic view?

8. Chinese politicians didn't dare invite Koizumi to China or meet him outside China? It was China who refused to talk to Koizumi despite his many attempts to visit China and talk to the Chinese leaders. Our poor professor is still reading History 101?

9. Many Chinese political elite blame the dangerous deterioration of relations with Japan on former Jiang Zemin? Where is she from? Venus?

10. Hu Jintao was eager to patch up with Japan and work out a pragmatic understanding with Abe? Partly truth but mainly because Abe has to promise not to visit Yasukuni shrine. At least if Abe wants to keep China Japan relationship on an even keel and if he wants the Chinese leadership to talk to him.

My goodness! What kind of history and political science are they teaching or being taught?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyongyang facing famine

The is the title of Lee Tee Jong's article in the Straits Times. Now how true is this? With South Korea and China providing whatever aid North Korea is asking, some from Russian and Japan, and the UN, can there be a famine in North Korea?

And there was this beautiful pic of two North Korean kids feeding on food provided by World Food Programme. They looked anything but under nourished. They were in their pink of health and finely clothed, as good as any Singaporean kids you can see in our kindergartens.

Why is there an article devoted to this spectre of famine in North Korea? is that article an objective reporting or something else?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

International surveys - the Bull and the Shit

Washington: Public attitudes towards China are turning more negative in the United States, Europe and elsewhere amid unease about its economic and military power, an international survey suggests.

Bush was ranked more popular to Ahmadinejad and Hu Jintao.

Islamabad: Public attitudes towards the US and Europe are turning hostile in the Middle East and Africa over its wars and dominations over the Middle Eastern and African nations.

Bush was ranked as the Number One Enemy of the Arab Nations and Ahmadinejad its Number One Hero. Hu Jintao and Putin were ranked as the friends of the Free World.

The US image continues to take a beating in many parts of the world, according to an anuthorititative poll, the Pew Global Attitudes Project....Global distrust of American leadership is reflected in increasing disapproval of the conrnerstones of US foreign policy.

Which survey is more shitty?
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raping the Asian Minds

For a few centuries, Afro and Asian countries were colonised by the west and robbed of everything, including pride and ability to think rationally. The physical robbing of resources and wealth may be over, but mentally they are still being raped daily, with the assistance of the media, including their national media.

Today, the Afro Asians hardly remember or talk about the ravages of being colonised, and even forgot who colonised them and subdued them in their own country. For these are not the agenda in the western media. They don't talk or write about them. Better to let people forget about them. And to keep the Afro Asian's mind occupied, they created a bogeyman for them to hate. In the past it was Communism. Now it is China.

Everyday the West will be bashing China for one thing or another. Expansionist, aggressor ambition, human rights, destroying the environment, pollution, poor quality food and goods, about to collapse, about to conquer the world, boycott the Beijing Olympic etc etc etc. As the message keeps on repeating daily in all the media, the subconsciousness of the Afro Asian minds gradually see this huge demon in China. And they all hate China and Chinese.

Compare the Afro Asian's anti Chinese feelings to those of the Koreans. The Koreans, especially the North, knew who colonised and raped them. It was not the Chinese. Their enemy number One is the Japanese. For the Koreans were the least affected by the daily raping of the western media. Many don't read or can't read English.

In the rest of Afro Asia, where English is widely used and English media is widely read and followed, their enemy number One is China. They forgot and cannot remember who colonised them and raped them.

The Afro Asians deserved to be raped, mentally. For they lacked the ability to think and set their own agenda. The agenda is set for them. The thinking was done for them. Pathetic.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asian affairs, western perspective

I just read 'The week in Review' in the Straits Times this morning. There was this whole page touching on issues in Thailand, Japan, Sino Russian relations and the Asian market downturn. Only the first article had the author's name under it. So it is clear who wrote the article. The other 3 articles did not specifically said who wrote them. But at the top of the page was the photo of Jonathan Eyal of the Straits Times Foreign Desk. So presumably they must be contributed by Jonathan.

There is no doubt that Jonathan is a prolific writer and an expert in Asian and world affairs. And I enjoy reading his articles. But the approach of his writings is very similar to writers like William Pesek and Tom Plates, a western view, tinted, to reflect western interest, obsession and agenda. And this is the kind of material that readers are fed with practically everyday. And eventually they will used these material subconsciously to form their opinions and viewpoints of things, especially the negative perspective and agenda of the west on Asian countries.

It would be more balance if national papers of Asian countries publish more of the views of their local writers on Asian affairs and give them an Asian favour. Maybe the Asian countries truly are lack of Asian talents to write about issues and matters concerning Asian interests. This must be the greatest failure of all their institutions of higher learnings. Can't even produce writers and commentators on their own affairs.

It is a pathetic state of affair that today, we are still looking at ourselves through western glasses. When will this change?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Pesek's page

William Pesek has a one page column in the Straits Times to write all he wants about Asian political happenings. This is a very powerful instrument accorded to anyone in this little red dot, and much more to a foreign writer. William must have earned his right to such a great honour and privilege not bestowed to any local underlings.

Such a situation can only happened in an Asian country where there is a dearth of local talent or a foreigner is so damn good that his contributions and views are very superior and useful to inform the locals.

William is definitely very good. And he deserves to be given space to write. The pathetic thing is that the dearth of intelligent writers is not a joke but a reality. We can't find any to write as good or half as good as William. So by default, we need to give a foreign talent a whole full page to fill. And we have world class or among the top of the world class tertiary institutions and supertalents in our midst.

Where are our local talents? Or they all have no views or no interest in watching Asian political events. All busily trying to make money in property speculations or figuring out how to make a fortune in the coming IR?
ccsraj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: a mischievous article to incite hatred Reply with quote

redbean wrote:
Below is an article I copied from www.littlespeck.com.

I do not know the background of this WorldNetDaily and the people behind it. But the article revealed very clearly what it sets out to do, very similar to Epoch News that is being circulated here for free. This is the kind of propaganda that Asian minds are being fed regularly and over time the subconscious begin to accept this as truth and the hatred becomes instinctive.

North Korea's
Ethnic cult
Kim Jing-il kills off the 'racially impure' and disabled, refugess say. WorldNetDaily
Oct 15, 2006

Refugees are reporting the killing of disabled infants and forced abortions of babies believed fathered by Chinese men in North Korea in an obsessive notion of Korean racial superiority.

At a forum in Seoul, South Korea, several refugees from the north described a policy of state eugenics carried out with extreme repression.

"There are no people with physical defects in North Korea," said Ri Kwang-chol, a North Korean doctor who escaped last year.

Babies with defects are killed by medical staff and quickly buried, he told the London Times.

Among the "physical defects" that will get a baby killed even one in the womb is being half-Chinese.

Han Myong-suk, a 30-year-old woman who escaped twice and who was helped to find sanctuary in a third country by Helping Hands Korea, an American Christian group, had her baby forcibly aborted following her return to North Korea after being sold by traffickers to a Chinese farmer.

Five months pregnant when the Beijing government deported her, Han was interned in a detention camp for women.

"I defied the order to abort the fetus the prison authorities contemptuously called a 'Chinese Chink' and was badly beaten and kicked in my belly by a guard," Han said. She still remembers the guard's name.

After a week of resistance, Han said she was taken to the prison clinic and "in a most blunt manner they extracted the dead child from my body."

Other witnesses described pregnant women being returned from China and taken to a clinic where labour was induced and the infant suffocated or left to die in a box with other infants in front of their mothers.

"Guards would say the mothers had to see and hear their babies die because they were Chinese," a report by the US Committee for Human Rights in North Korea said, noting that the murdered infants were known as "children of betrayers."

These most recent reports confirm findings of the Korean Bar Association which reports that 58 percent of defectors its lawyers have interviewed claim knowledge of forced abortions in Kim's prisons.

Experts caution against seeing the North Korean regime's cruelty as merely a relict of its proclaimed Marxist ideology while missing its cultish dimensions.

Kim Jong-il

"It's vital to recognise that 'juche' - the dogma of self-reliance - is not a theory but a cult and that Kim is worshipped as the leader of a religion," a veteran western diplomat who negotiated with the North Koreans on 19 visits told the Times.

"These Koreans genuinely believe they are a master race and that the peninsula will be united under the rule of the Kim dynasty."

Despite the organisational trappings of a communist state - a Supreme People's Assembly, a presidium, a cabinet and the Korean Workers' party - North Korea is a one-man military dictatorship founded on clan rule, blood ties, mystical ideas of racial superiority and deification of Kim, the diplomat said.

This reality explains Kim's deepening estrangement from it's Marxist neighbour, China.

The juxtaposition of Kim's mysticism and North Korea's apparent testing of a nuclear device this week has it's parallel in Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's belief that he has been chosen as the person designated to prepare the way for the Islamic messiah's second coming and Tehran's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

Before the Mahdi, who supposedly disappeared down a well as a child in A.D. 941, can return, there must be chaos and a world apocalypse.
WorldNetDaily.com

IT IS VERY BRUTAL FORM OF RACICSM.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ccsraj,

Thanks for the contribution. I have no evidence to agree or disagree with the article. The brutality of the Koreans, if at that scale, would have seen the two Kims been assasinated long ago. But they are will loved by their people for reasons best know to themselves.

One thing for sure, they are nothing compare to what Hitler did in WW2. There is yet to see any evidence of concentration camps, breeding of a superior Korean race, or gas chambers.

All these propaganda churned out as news and news worthy should be taken with a large rock of salt. To be real one must visit N Korea and look at it with one's own eyes. Why are the N Koreans not revolting, why are they so well fed and clothed compared to even countries like the next super power India? They have very good infrastructure and not the kind of poverty seen in many third world countries, including India. They have wiped out poverty in large scale. The poverty we read in western media, ha, what poverty?

Just look at the ordinary people on the street, how they dressed, their shoes and clothing. They are even better than my relatives in China. That would be a good measure of what kind of life the people are living. And you do see a skin and bone adult or child. Even the propaganda pictures or supposedly starving children in homes were very well fed and with rosy cheeks.

Those were the worst pics I saw of N Koreans in western media and they all looked very well taken care of.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'In the long term, one in every 10 people with high concentrations of arsenic in their water will die from it....' Allan Smith of the University of California at Berkeley.

'In the long term, 100 of every 100 people eating bread will die.' Redbean of redbeanforum.com

It is reported in a BBC website that around 140 million people in South and East Asia are exposed to arsenic in their drinking water. Looks like India and China will see their population wipe out soon.

Now, haven't the Indians and Chinese been poisoned by these arsenics and all kinds of diseases all these years? Why are there more than 2 billions of them still around and not dying yet?

Maybe the more they are poisoned and die, the more are produced to replace them. And they must be running out of burial grounds.

Another statistical truth in the West is that their population are experiencing zero growth rate. And they are disappearing if not of the mass migration of Asians and Africans to take up the slag.

Can one conclude that too much of good life, good food, etc will kill off the people?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'In the long term, one in every 10 people with high concentrations of arsenic in their water will die from it....' Allan Smith of the University of California at Berkeley.

'In the long term, 100 of every 100 people eating bread will die.' Redbean of redbeanforum.com

It is reported in a BBC website that around 140 million people in South and East Asia are exposed to arsenic in their drinking water. Looks like India and China will see their population wipe out soon.

Now, haven't the Indians and Chinese been poisoned by these arsenics and all kinds of diseases all these years? Why are there more than 2 billions of them still around and not dying yet?

Maybe the more they are poisoned and die, the more are produced to replace them. And they must be running out of burial grounds.

Another statistical truth in the West is that their population are experiencing zero growth rate. And they are disappearing if not of the mass migration of Asians and Africans to take up the slag.

Can one conclude that too much of good life, good food, etc will kill off the people?
ccsraj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:

I think it is an exagreated report about indians and chinese.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favourite stereo typed western reporting

After the domination and destruction of Vietnamese lives and country with all kinds of bombings and chemical blankets, the Americans are still painting a picture that the Vietnamese love them more than the Chinese. Below are some extracts from an article by Roger Mitton, Vietnam Correspondent in Hanoi.

'It is hard for an outsider to understand the animosity most Vietnamese feel towards China. Rarely voiced in public, it gushes forth in private conversations with stunning vehemence....In the 18 months since, I have heard the same sentiment repeated countless times by party cadres, entrepreneurs, academics, students and even lowly rice farmers..."They try to dominate us and take our territory." Indeed, the antagonism here is driven by the view that China has stolen Vietnamese territory and ruthlessly reples attempts to reclaim it.'

Compares to what the Americans done in Vietnam during the 20 year Vietnam War, the Americans were there to liberate the Vietnamese and save them from poverty and communism. No wonder the Vietnamese are still in love with the Americans.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spielberg Embarrassment

Actually I did not want to write about it to give this joker any publicity. If he is worthy of his principles, he would have been so ashamed of being an American. Just look at all the things the Americans are doing, especially in Iraq and Guantanamo. If Spielberg can live with them, why can't he live with China being a major trading partner in Sudan? Why is it China's responsibility to interfere with the internal affairs of Sudan? Just because China did not do an Iraq or Afghanistan in Sudan, so China is to be blamed?

On record, the Americans have been supporting many vicious dictators who have been killing or imprisoning their people, from Korea to Southeast Asia, in Middle East and Africa and Latin America.

When is this Spielberg going to face the truth? What an embarrassing idiot.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP
Huge Beef Recall Stems From Calif. Plant
Monday February 18, 2:11 am ET
By Greg Risling, Associated Press Writer
143 Million Pounds of Beef Recalled From Calif. Slaughterhouse; Largest U.S. Recall Ever

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture on Sunday ordered the recall of 143 million pounds of frozen beef from a California slaughterhouse, the subject of an animal-abuse investigation, that provided meat to school lunch programs.
ADVERTISEMENT

Officials said it was the largest beef recall in the United States, surpassing a 1999 ban of 35 million pounds of ready-to-eat meats. No illnesses have been linked to the newly recalled meat, and officials said the health threat was likely small.

The recall will affect beef products dating to Feb. 1, 2006, that came from Chino-based Westland/Hallmark Meat Co., the federal agency said.

Secretary of Agriculture Ed Schafer said his department has evidence that Westland did not routinely contact its veterinarian when cattle became non-ambulatory after passing inspection, violating health regulations.

"Because the cattle did not receive complete and proper inspection, Food Safety and Inspection Service has determined them to be unfit for human food and the company is conducting a recall," Schafer said in a statement.

A phone message left for Westland president Steve Mendell was not immediately returned.

Federal officials suspended operations at Westland/Hallmark after an undercover video from the Humane Society of the United States surfaced showing crippled and sick animals being shoved with forklifts.

The above article is not news worthy for the Asian market but would be if the country involved is China.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> World Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: