Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
education: how to become a laffing stock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlestar Galactica Singapore
I was reading the discussion on how the three universities have been colonized by foreigners. Oops, maybe colonized is not an appropriate term. There seems to be a pre occupation and adoration of foreigners from academic staff to students. Some said it got to do with the rankings. The more foreign or alien elements there are, the higher will be the rankings for the universities. I say, to hell with it. If our universityís high rankings are due to the presence of foreigners and not the quality of local staff and local students, forget it. Want Liverpool to represent Singapore in the World Cup?
Then again, many will disagree with me. A brand, a good brand, is important. Who cares if the handbags are made in China or Thailand. They care if it is meant to be made in Italy but then found to be from China. Other than this little aberration, a top brand is a top brand. Made in China or Thailand or Indonesia, also can. Actually some of the products out sourced to these countries are still working just as well. My Nikon is made in China.
How could this relate to a degree Made in Singapore but with academics from Europe and America and students from third world countries? Yes, on paper the ranking is high and nice, maybe close to Harvard, MIT or Cambridge huh? Can stand side by side with such premier academia must be good. But would employers buy the degree and say good degree? Would the graduates be sought after as quality graduates? Or would employers go after graduates from third world countries for cheapos or graduates from second or third tier universities in western universities as quality? The job market never lies. The truth is out there.
What about Battlestar Galactica? Are our universities turning into Battlestar Galactica? Those of you who have watched this Hollywood creation will know who are the masters and the majority in Battlestar Galactica. They ruled the universe. Is this the bigger game plan, to turn Singapore into a Battlestar Galactica where the locals will play second fiddles, as supporting casts? Yes Captain, whatís his name? Not Spock, something more western. Oh yes, Commander William Adama, I think.
No lah, this cannot be lah. It is Singaporeans first. Just look at some of the big local institutions headed by foreigners for a little contradictions. But canít blame these institutions as the local employees are just not good enough. It is the low quality of locals to be blamed. Would UOB be headed by a foreign talent soon? What about SIA, GIC, Temasek? Battlestar Galactica cannot be the big game plan. It would only become a reality out of necessity and circumstances, when the locals are not good enough, that our world best and highly ranked universities are unable to produce the world best local talents to put the mantra ĎSingaporeans firstí into a national practice, where Singaporeans will be highly sought after to head our big institutions.
For the time being, Battlestar Galactica Singapore will sail on to bring glory to Singapore.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlestar Galactica Episode 2

ĎFunny how SIA keeps putting foreigners in charge at their ICC (low cost carrier). Donít they have faith in Singaporeans. I do. My Commercial Head is a Singapore. Odd company. If I were a Singaporean, I would really be upset with SIA.í Tony Fernandez. CEO Air Asia

What Fernandez is saying is part of the Battlestar Galactica plot. There can be several reasons for this. One is that Singaporeans are really inepts despite their great paper grades. Two Singaporeans lack confidence and need to hide behind a European face to do business. The colonial hangover is difficult to treat. Four, and this is like doing a Michael Jackson act. No I am not white. It is natural, or a disease. Not my fault.

Donít be surprise the next President could be George Bush or Bill Clinton if they are willing to change to a pink IC. Anyone clamouring to have Queen Elizabeth II as our head of state again? We will have Prince William and Princess Kate gracing our community centres and flagging off our marathons. Nice, ainít it?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Govtís responsibility in Education

The top and foremost responsibility of the Govt is to provide good and affordable education for the people. Tsk, my first sentence is already flawed when people argued that with so many loans, financial assistance schemes and bursaries available, our students need not come out with any cash outlay to study in our universities. It would be better to say that they can study for free, like my mother used to say, govt hospitals are free, can pay by CPF, no need money.

Back to my first principle, the Govtís responsibility to its people, the tax payers, the people that will defend this country in the event of war or crisis. It is very painful and disgusting to hear of Singaporeans, fully qualified, with distinctions, with very good grades but unable to find places in our local universities. And the parents, some are able financially, some have to sell their homes or take loans, to send their children overseas. And the sickening cause of this, many university places were given to foreign students.

What is our govtís responsibility to these foreign students that ended with our children being pushed aside, our citizens being discriminated and have to suffer financial obligations when they donít have to? Does our Govt owe an obligation or duty to educate the foreign students? Is the Govt doing an international social duty to provide some places to foreign students? Or is provision of university places for foreign students a way to up the rankings of our universities? Or is it a revenue generating source? This is unlikely as many were here on full scholarships, fees and lodging and allowances.

Look at the practices of the European countries, the countries that we always used as our role models. Why are they accepting foreign students? Are they doing so at the expense of their own people? If I am not wrong, many are doing so to generate revenue. And they have spare capacities to do so without compromising the interests of their citizens. The least thing in their mind in accepting foreign students is for their rankings to look good. If this is the reason, it is plain silly.

If we want to take in more foreign students, by all means, go ahead, to make money, to provide more vibrancy and diversity, but never do it at the expense of our own people. If the foreign intake is going to be big, increase the capacities. If this cannot be done, then donít do it. There is no greater reason to take in more foreign students only to force our own to study elsewhere. For those who have the means and wanted to study overseas, as a matter of choice is irrelevant.

Letís treat our people well. Our people are deserving of a good education at home, first. Foreigners must be second. If need be, build another university for the foreign students, and funded by the tuition fees. And whatever Ďsubsidiesí the Govt chooses to provide.

Singaporeans first must be real and seen to be real. Talk is cheap and the Govt will have to pay the price for neglecting the interests of its own people and for frolicking with foreigners. The Singaporeans are not daft. They know what is good and what is bad for them, especially when their pockets are hurt real bad.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elusive Singaporean Dream

Education is the tool to a better life, a leveller for everyone, regardless of his station in life, to move up the social ladder. It is true. Many from very challenging families have made it to become ministers and millionaires.

But that was history. The students will read in it in their history books of who and who from such a poor family and now so successful. A good education, particularly a university graduate, is like a life made. A graduate is expected to feed a family well, own a decent house, and a decent car. Actually the polytechnic graduates did far better than the university graduates in the industries.

The new story, graduates are driving taxis, graduates cannot find employment, graduates ended up working as temporary employees, or simply jobless graduates. They are also many stories of depressed graduates who are no longer the sought after son or daughter in laws, the prize catch.

A university or polytechnic degree is not the same anymore. Not only that the end result is dissimilar, the cost is also spectacular. To many graduates, or their parents, it is diminishing returns or actually a loss making enterprise. The cost of raising a children and putting him/her through university is so prohibitive and the returns so marginal. Some may question if it is worth the while or is there something wrong with the education formula?

A university or poly graduate is not a passport to a good life, or not guaranteed like in the past. The dream is getting more elusive. So what if you are a graduate? It is not the same anymore. You need to be an exceptional graduate, as 30% of each cohort is now a graduate.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singapore students came out tops in Critical Thinking
Organised by the Oracle Education Foundation, the competition challenged students to solve a problem using their critical thinking, communication and technology skills. More than 30,000 participants from 52 countries participated, showcasing the best of their young peopleís expertise on a global platform.
The teams that came in tops were from Republic Polytechnic, Dunman High School and Nanyang Girlsí High School. Their projects ranged from helping a commune in Cambodia that has been living under the poverty line to developing an application to help users gain insight into their eating habits.

Our students came out tops, can you believe it? The students from a daft country came out tops among 52 countries and 30,000 participants. And we keep claiming that we need foreign talents to help the daft locals.
The problem with Singapore is that it does not believe in its own people. The only thing that Singapore believes in its own people is that they are daft. If Singapore does not believe in the talents of its own people, it will keep on searching the world for talents. What is the point of all the best schools and best universities when they donít believe in them? Even in football, it believes that in order to do well, it needs to buy foreign talents. And look at what it gets after all the years and money dumped into the foreign talent scheme? The standard of football is getting worst than when there were only Singaporeans kicking the ball.
We need to believe in ourselves and our own people and talent. This statement is sounding more ridiculous every day. After building the country from the small pool of local talents, it is dismissing every local talent and bringing in foreign talents to run the institutions, to supervise and boss over the locals.
This is a sure sign that a country is heading into the abyss. So what if the above three local schools came out tops. Maybe the participants are foreign talents too. If that is the case, more reason to go into oblivion. If the students were mostly locals, then it is another slap in the face of local talents. No matter what they do, how good were their grades, the country does not believe in them.
Now who is the real daft one?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The perplexing discovery of Sinda
Sinda did a review on the performance of Indian students in the PSLE examination. And horrors, the Indian students are underperforming in mathematics, achieving only 73% pass rate against a national average of above 80%. And many Indian students dropped out of secondary school for being unable to cope with mathematics.
This discovery is more startling given that Indians are well reputed to be maths wizards. Many of the American banks and Singaporeís financial institutions are headed by Indians, be they Singapore Indians or Indian Indians. They must be very very good in mathematics to get into those positions. Just depending on the gift of the gap would not get them that far. Their mathematical talents must have proven to be really good.
Now, what is this nonsense that Indian students are having serious problems coping with mathematics? I am scratching my head. Is our schools and teaching methodology for maths the reason for the Indian students poor grade? Cannot be, we have the best teaching methods for maths and our methods are being copied and adopted even by the Americans.
There cannot be any doubt in the genes of Indian students as there are many fine examples of top Indian finance professionals like Tharman, Gupta, and the MD of MAS just to mention a few.
What is happening man?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sinkies lack drive, are daft
Sinkies are daft and lack drive. Foreigners are hungry and willing to slog. Foreigners are better. These are the sweeping statements that were made by intelligent people in high offices. How real are they?
Sinkies put their children into nurseries at the young age of 3 and many studied till the age of 21, ie 18 years of formal education and spending several hundred thousands of dollars, only to become taxi drivers. That is definitely daft but not lacking drive. The nursery or kindergarten fees for the good ones which Sinkies are willing to queue overnight or involve in community work, cost a bomb. This is not drive?
And the children grew up fighting for places in the best schools to score straight As. Getting 6As and above is now quite normal. They got these grades without drive, like buying from the street vendors? Heard of private tuition from pre school? And they will continue to pursue their degrees in local and overseas universities. And they are found wanting, lacking in skill sets and experience, and are replaced by foreigners from the third world who spent lesser time in make shift huts called schools, half baked teachers and teaching system, and some probably bought their degrees from the streets. Many have questionable academic papers and work experience printed in their CVs. This is extremely daft but Sinkies got no drive?
And they worked so hard, always stayed late in the office, delayed getting married, and if married, delayed in child bearing, to concentrate in their careers only to see some foreigners walking in to be their bosses, in their own country. This not daft, but plain stupid driven.
And they saved for a life time only to see their money in monthly statements, without any right to touch them unless the authority says so. This is not daft, but silly. Their hard earned money and other people control and decide how to spend them. Yes, no drive to get it back.
And they are expected to live a life in one of the most expensive countries in the world with a couple of thousands of dollars a month as salary and think they have a life when people are complaining that anything less than $55k pm will affect the quality of their lives. And the Sinkies still think they have a damn good life, even the poor daft Sinkies are the envy of the world. Or at least that is what they were told. And the daft Sinkies believed. Yes daft indeed.
And because they lacked drive, they will have to work till they die, be it 70, 80 or 90 years old. And because they are so daft, they believe that this is the way to live their lives, to work and work and work, with money in their savings only to feel good but cannot spend. The 70 or 80 year old uncles and aunties working as cleaners in food courts lacked drive!
Sinkies are really daft, arenít they? Got drive or not? This foolishness of branding Sinkies as daft and got no drive reflects badly on those bloopers who spoke without thinking. They are all parroting the words of god like blind believers. God is unquestionable. Bunch of unthinking idiots. No wonder they need to recruit foreigners to fill the top management positions. And with the million dollar salaries, they need to pay jokers earning less than ten per cent of what they are getting to solve their problems with kindergarten recommendations.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NUS is going to raise the quality of its degrees
It was only a couple of years back when NUS raised its tuition fees. Today there are calling for another raise. And since the quality of education is closely related to the quality of tuition fees, the percentage of fee hike will see an equivalent improvement in quality. As they said, cheap is never good, and you want quality you will have to pay for it. At the rate NUS is improving its standard, soon it will be among the top 10 universities in world rankings.
The only thing that I am concerned is the daft sinkie students. Would they be able to move up together with the university rankings? If the university goes to the top 10, would the quality of Sinkie graduates also go up to the top 10?
NUS is now ranked among the better half of the top 100 universities in the world. Unfortunately the employers are still looking to hiring better graduates from lower ranked universities elsewhere. Are our students getting a good deal, paying too much for too little?
I still think value for money will be to send our daft Sinkie students to India and Philippines for their university education. Cheap and good and they will all turn out to be top management material. Pay less for more. The Indian and Filipino graduates are in demand and will beat any NUS graduate hands down when employment suitability is concerned.
Sinkie parents must think about the rate of returns before paying their childrenís tuition fees.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misallocation of our limited talents
We are all very familiar with so many top surgeons, lawyers and CEOs joining politics and working in a field that their professionally trained skills and expertise were of no specific relevance. We are depriving the industries and people of these talents and putting them in areas that they may not perform at the best of their talents. It is also a great loss of investments in acquiring their skills and expertise. Training someone to reach the peak of their profession only to pull them out to do something that they are not trained to do but assumed to be equally experts.
The other area of increasing concern is to train graduates, with hundreds of thousands being spent in their education, to become taxi drivers. Not that driving taxis is a bad profession. It is just using over qualified people to do a much simpler job. It is definitely a misallocation of talents and resources. The same principle applies to highly qualified graduates not being employed to perform the jobs that they are trained and equipped to do.
The third area is the civil service. Many of our top talents, on paper, are in the civil service. Could they be deployed in more productive areas in the private sector? Agree that successful entrepreneurs do not need academic excellence. But there are many advantages of having academically excellent talents in many fields in the industry that required serious technical knowledge that some entrepreneurs are not armed with.
Are we allocating our precious little super talent pools efficiently?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dismal academic performance of Singaporean scholars
Sim Ann reported that 45% of foreign scholars got second upper or better degrees while Singaporean scholars only managed 32%. Is this proof and justification that the money spent on foreign scholars is the correct one? I am not going to dwell on the merits and advantages of spending millions of public money on so many foreign students instead of spending on our own children. I am not going to whine about spending money on other peopleís children than our own.
What I am questioning is the quality of our local scholars? Are they really that bad? From past records, all local scholars are the cream of their cohorts and each would have a string of straight As in O and A levels. Some were even so good that they were allowed to skip the O level. And only 32% made it to second upper? Our straight A students, 68% could not get a second upper? Is there something wrong?
Who are these scholars that made up these statistics? Are they the same equivalent of the foreign scholars, with full scholarship as the foreign students? We need to know the make up of the statistics. If the quality of our local scholars is so bad, then their O and A level results is suspect, or the university grading is suspect. There can be some deviations from the norms, with some scholars getting themselves into problems or losing interests in their studies. But these are extremely good students to be awarded the scholarships and most of them are expected to do better at least a second upper.
68% getting less than second upper is unacceptable. A 20% or at most 30% getting less than second upper may be more reasonable. So, what is wrong with the statistics or with our education system? Can we have more information on what the data is made up of? And I am not even querying on the statistics to include our overseas scholars. It is reasonable to compare our scholars in our local universities and those foreign scholars here. I am not comfortable with such pathetic results of our local scholars. If scholars, I mean full scholarship offered by the govt or GLCs, could not even get a second upper, then something is drastically wrong. What kind of straight As or near straight A students are we having when they turned out to be less than second upper material?
The govt should save the money if the scholars are unable to perform. But it doesnít mean that we should throw our money to train other peopleís children and say money well spent. We need to know more about the statistics to get a better picture of the truth.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scholarship be given to anyone based on merit
Ďhttp://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/scholarships-based-merit-not-nationality-baey-152120978.html

No matter where a scholarship comes from, nationality should not factor into the decision of who receives it, says Member of Parliament (MP) for Tampines GRC Baey Yam Keng.
"Whether they are a GLC (government-linked company), the government or a private company, they all want good people to work for them," he told Yahoo! Singapore in an interview on Thursday.í
Would any country go around giving scholarship to anyone regardless of his nationality? Is this the road Singapore is taking, using taxpayerís money to give scholarship to anyone from any country and not to its own citizens? Whose money, and who should decide how the money shall be spent, to the children of citizens or to the children of someone, somewhere far away, that have nothing to do with us?
How many of you think this is the way to go? To me, personally, is damn stupid. You donít take the taxpayerís money and throw it around the world. Is Singapore a charitable organisation, a church for the people of the world? Come one and all, we will pay for your education if you are talented. Our citizenís children that are not talented do not deserve to be given scholarships.
We have thousands of students who are straight As and definitely deserving of scholarships unless their straight As are unworthy, useless or fake. That cannot be. Their straight As came from our world class education system. Now I have great doubts.
And they are not deserving but students from the far corners of the world are deserving. What talking cock!
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOE qualified that foreign scholars did better

In a letter to the ST today, Han Liang Yuan, Director, Corporate Communications of MOE gave another figure to state that 67% of foreign scholars scored high honours or better than the 45% mentioned by Sim Ann. The latest number is based on the 2011 graduating cohorts. It also said that Sim Ann will be making a clarification in the next parliament sitting.

What we would like to know is how Singaporean scholars performed in the same cohort of 2011 compared to the foreign scholars. The comparison must be apple to apple. Also, the statistics given should cover at least 10 years or more to give a better reflection of the situation. Statistics of just one year will only tell the picture of just one year.

But the real issue is not how well the foreign scholars are performing. The claim that foreign scholars are doing better and thus deserving of the scholarship is the same trend of thinking as as that of Baey Yam Keng, that our taxpayers money should be given to anyone anywhere, based on merits, or as long as they can do better than our children.

I am sure the statistics will show that there is very little difference in the performance of our local talents and the foreign talents as far as scoring high honours is concerned. There could be a few exceptions. Generally, our local scholars will also be able to get as many high honours as foreign scholars, proving that the foreigners are not that better. But this argument is superfluous.

I may only be guessing. But given the thousands of straight A students in every cohort of local students, plenty of them will be able to get high honours, and plenty of them are deserving of scholarships based on merit from our taxpayerís money.

We can do some charity and share some goodwill by giving scholarships to deserving students from other countries. But we must not forget that our taxpayerís money must primarily used to benefit our own children, or the bulk of it should go to our children. Another data that Sim Ann may want to provide is the number and sum of money given in scholarships to our local students and to foreign students in our local universities.

The govt is accountable to the people on how it spends our taxpayerís money. Anyone who wants to give his money to support foreign students in their studies is most welcomed to do so. Please use your own money to do it. Do not use the taxpayerís money as if they belong to your grandfather and do as you please.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First step in taking back the country
The fight to retake Singapore for Singaporeans has been a long and arduous task and appearing to be a fight in vain. Many were resigned to the fate that they will lose their grip on their country and foreigners will replace them in every field. And the foreigners have been on the upper hand with the govt on its knees begging them to come, and laying the red carpet to welcome them. And the demands by the foreigners grew louder, some even telling the Singaporeans to move out of their country if they are not happy. They are the talents to help the daft Sinkies, to bring prosperity to the island. And they threaten to leave if they were not granted privileges like the citizens.
Todayís ST front page headline reads, ĎSingaporeans first in new P1 registration ruleí. Some reported that it was a generosity of the govt, to accord the citizens this privilege. Would you believe that they think it this way? This is the basic right and privilege of all citizens and should not be questioned or downgraded. It was given away and the returning of this privilege is nothing to crow about.
What is significant is that the enemy is on the retreat. The enemy has given up a small hill. Singaporeans must keep on pushing to reclaim their country and all the rights that are rightfully theirs. No one, no political party, must think that they can put Singaporeans as second class in their own country. Anyone, or political party that thinks otherwise should not be elected to undermine the interest of Singaporeans.
There is no need to say thank you. It is like giving you a few dollars as handouts and keeping tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in your CPF savings and expecting the people to be grateful. When you can have your savings at your disposal, not necessary that you would throw it away, you donít need handouts and crumbs. And you can really feel richer.
When as citizens, you are the real owners and masters of this land of yours, then only can the people live more confidently and be proud of their country and citizenship. This is our country, this is our home.
PS. If more citizenships are thrown at the foreigners liberally, it will be LPPL.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Sinkie smug or daft?

Over the recent furore of xenophobia as claimed by the media and people in high places, it has somehow added fire to feed the anger of Sinkies towards foreigners. There were many comments by bloggers in TRE showing contempt for foreigners for not being able to speak English.

Language has become the latest kid for bashing. Foreigners coming here must speak English and nothing else. Hindi, Tagalog, Thai etc are not acceptable. Sinkies refused to speak to them if they canít speak English. What is laughable or obnoxious is that they even rejected Mandarin as a language of Sinkies. Whatís happening?

The immediate question is whether Sinkies are daft or smug or both. The next question is that our education system and our national policy on bilingualism must have failed miserably. These Sinkies, true blue Sinkies, not newly minted type, did not know that Mandarin is one of the four official languages of Sinkieland. Cannot speak, refuse to speak Mandarin, feeling hurt, insulted when foreigners speak to them in Mandarin! And sadder still, many knew how to speak Mandarin but refused to communicate with the foreigner in Mandarin. The foreigners must speak English.

What is the justification? Sinkies will not bend backwards to accommodate foreigners by speaking to them in the foreignerís language, which happens to be one of our official languages, and deliberately making things difficult to the foreigners by demanding to speak in English and nothing else.

Other than creating four official languages to level the playing field, other than having the mother tongue as a social ballast to keep the westernised Sinkies rooted to their own culture, language is simply a tool for communication. The basic aim of bilingualism is to arm Sinkies to be able to communicate with East and West, which is one of our strength. Now jokers did not want to speak anything else except English to spike foreigners. Jokers refused to acknowledge that Mandarin is one of our official languages. Maybe some jokers donít even know of this fact.

It is not funny.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alvin Tanís punishment by NUS confidential

NUS Disciplinary Board has dished out their punishment to Alvin Tan, an Asean scholar, for posting his private sexual pursuits in the youtube. This has caused a furore among sinkies and taxpayers are up in arms wanting to know why public money was wasted on such a person that obviously have values and lifestyle that are unconventional and incongruent to the social norms of the day. Many were asking for the withdrawal of the scholarship and a return of all money dispensed to Alvin Tan.

NUS conducted its disciplinary inquiry and had since announced that punishment had been meted out but this was kept confidential. Is this acceptable, just by hanging a confidential placard over this case? This is no ordinary case and is of great concern to the public whose money is being spent on this scholar? Do the people, the public, have a right to demand to know what is going on, what kind of punishment was handed to Alvin Tan? Does NUS owe the public an explanation?

Or this is a confidential matter, a student disciplinary matter, an NUS internal matter? Is the gag order justifiable? Personally I donít think this is a confidential anymore. Not disclosing the disciplinary action will only create more anger. The veil of secrecy or confidentially cannot be suka suka used to hide the ugly truth from a more vocal public that demands for more transparency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: