Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
GE 2019/20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: GE 2019/20 Reply with quote

Things to ponder in this GE
Be Serious to take Action:
September 13, 2019 at 4:49 pm (Quote)
Where is this PAPi leading us to?
Why are we suffering like that?
Why must we be sharing away our lands to so many others? For what purpose?
Did the PM promised to make things affordable and look into the problems?
Where is this PAPi leading us into?
We do not need scholars to plans and dig into our accounts and deplete our savings?
What concrete benefits are the CECA signing?
What benefits to us for giving away billions of tax payers money to foreign students, almost 1 million a day?
Are we happier under the PAPi?
Why do we need this PAPi?
Where are we heading? What are we doing?
Deny 2/3, otherwise this country will be flooding with 10M displacing own children future.
We need to take serious action to tell them to stop it.
Print this out and bring it to the ballot box. Read this again and ask yourself, before you volt.

The above is posted as a comment in TRE to an article posted by a supervisor with a $3k income, wife doing part time job and may be losing her job, parents and a child to take care of. The supervisor was asking is the govt doing enough to lower the cost of living.

What do you think?

Here are some suggestions for the supervisor to overcome his financial drags. Be a patriotic citizen, like Trump told his bankrupt farmers, get his parents to clean tables in the food court, good income and good exercise, healthy living and no need to be a financial burden, financially independent. Forget about having a maid. Also, his daughter can stop school at O level or earlier. You do not need to get a degree to become a hawker or to become a taxi or bus driver. Can start work earlier as a food delivery girl using an Escooter. QED
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDP pre GE Rally at Hong Lim - 19 Oct, Sat 4-8pm
Shake it Up, this is the title of SDP's rally this Saturday at Hong Lim Park from 4pm to 8pm. SDP's big wigs Chee Soon Juan, Paul Tambyah would definitely be the main speakers. There is no details on who are the speakers, would there be any guest speakers from other parties, it did not say. As the title says, SDP is going to raise all the issues affecting the people and to shake it up in Hong Lim Park.

I know the resident Chee Soon Juan hater here would not have anything good to say knowing how he reacted every time the name Chee Soon Juan is mentioned or not mentioned. This is exactly how the Pavlov dog reacted, conditioned to react at the sound of a bell, without knowing why. It has become second narure.

The other notable instinctive reflex actor is non other than Matilah Singapura. He reacts to more than just one name. Mention Kim Jong Un or Xi Jinping and he would instantly go crazy. He did not why, just reacting like Pavlov's dog, like the abovementioned reacting to Chee Soon Juan.

It is so sad that so many people could be so easily programmed by western media to react the way they wanted, unthinkingly, not knowingly. This is another confirmation on how powerful the media can be when it keeps repeating a few key lines and after some time this would sink into the unthinking's psyche, like MacDonald is good. Kentucky Fried Chicken is finger licking good.

These people did not know Chee Soon Juan or Kim Jong Un or Xi Jinping personally. But they have this deep seated hatred for them. Unbelievable. Ask them why, they could not explain except maybe faintly remembering reading the bad things about these people in the media, the propagators of fake news and misinformation.

Of course they would deny that this is the case. They would get very angry if you tell them so. But regardless of what, just press the button and they would jump and scream their heads off.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Workers Party guilty of breaching fiduciary duty as elected MPs
I take this piece of shit, oops, news as something that is expected. Nothing unusual or spectacular. This is Singapore, remember. It is good that the 3 top WP exco members and elected MPs take it in their stride, knowing that this is inevitable. Now the good news and the bad news.

The bad news is that the 3 WP MPs would be disqualified from the next GE, as sure as the sun shall rise. Everyone sees this coming. The bad news, they would lose a big chunk of their income from being MPs, maybe coughing out every cent they earned in their whole MP career. They are lucky if they did not end up behind bars. I am not saying they are guilty or deserving of this punishment. I reserve my comments like many people and the WP supporters living in AHTC. You don't have to second guess what is in their minds.

The good news, it is time that WP has a new breed of young leaders with fresh ideas to continue with the fight. The good news, the die hard WP supporters and those that cannot stomach injustice would be pushed to take a stand in the next GE on who they should vote. The good news is that the support for WP is likely to grow stronger despite this set back. The good news is that WP can start afresh, to join a coalition instead of going it alone, a strategy that has proven to be short sighted, naive and disastrous.

In the bigger picture, the good news is that the likelihood of a stronger opposition coalition would be much enhanced. The stupidity of going alone and trying to pretend to be nice boys and girls, to be accepted and allowed to exist is obvious. Chiam See Tong was allowed to be in that position because he was just one man, tolerable and useful in his own sense but totally ineffective and irrelevant. It has been proven beyond doubt that a bigger than one man opposition is just unacceptable and must be destroyed at all costs.

Would this event shine some light into the dusty dark corners of the minds of opposition leaders that this is not just a game to be played for fun once every four years, to get some silly publicity and to be forgotten after a GE? Or would this be enough to wake them up and decide to close ranks now that the old school thinking of trying to be good boys and girls is debunked? There is no such things as being nice and would be left alone to do a good job. Get it?

We would have to see if this fiasco would be the turning point in Singapore politics, the last bridge and there is no turning back, no silly personality and ego fights anymore. To fight to win, it is time to unite and close ranks or to be the same as before, run around like silly bull arse flies during the GE all for nothing, just hot air.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin City infested with wildlife with the unspoken consent of Singaporeans
SINGAPORE — Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam has commented on the incident in a Whampoa area condominium where a resident was caught on camera hurling vulgarities at a security officer working there, saying that it was an example of “a sense of entitlement”.

In a viral video, the resident quarrels with security officers after they tell him that his guests, who arrive in a car at Eight Riversuites condominium, have to pay a parking fee. The incident took place on Saturday (26 October), a day before the Deepavali holiday.

“I buy the f**king property for $1.5 million, you know...Tell the management f**k off...We are not staying in an HDB,” the resident shouted at a security officer, telling him that his guests were visiting him for Deepavali. Two security officers can be heard trying to calm down the resident and telling him that they are enforcing the rules.

Tharman said in a Facebook post on Sunday night, “What this resident did and said was wrong - at so many levels. It is these examples of modern-day bigotry and a sense of entitlement that the light of Deepavali seeks to dispel.” Reported in Yahoo News

Below are some comments on the same incident I plucked from TRE.

True Blue S'POREAN:
October 29, 2019 at 3:29 pm (Quote)
Why didn’t our Million $ Ministers & HSK read the CECA CAREFULLY before signing it?
Our Singaporean CSI Sleuths has manage to expose the Board of Directors at JP Morgan Chase Spore Office are all Indian FTs.
Can MoM bring this matter up to JP Morgan Chase US HeadQuarters and ask them how come there are NO Singaporean Directors appointed in their Singapore Office?

Asd:
October 29, 2019 at 2:10 am (Quote)
You voted for it so shut up didnt you read the manifesto before you vote?

I can only add this, get rid of CECA. And you can only get rid of CECA if you vote wisely, to benefit you, your children and Singaporeans. You cannot afford to keep quiet on this matter anymore. The wildlife are not here just to steal your job, your lunch, but also your country.

The GE is around the corner. Would the stupidity has no cure Singaporean double confirm that they are really stupid beyond any hope, even willing to give away their island home to foreigners without a fight?

Do you want more wildlife in your home country? If not, get rid of CECA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: