Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Amos Yee Affair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A light drizzle turning into a storm
First the Taiwanese protested and demand the release of Amos Yee. Then the UN Human Rights Organisation and then the Human Rights Watch. Now the Penangnites are taking up the cause for Amos Yee. Any decent human bean would see the injustice and wickedness in this case. Only the evil and wicked would keep on drumming about a crime that was no a crime.
‘Now, Penang civil society groups would also like to remind that Singapore is a party to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and we hope the Singapore authorities can respect the regulations of the CRC and release Amos Yee immediately.
Expression is not a crime and nobody should face any inhumane treatment or torture for criticising the government. If you want to break the silence, please join us on this 1 July to show your support and solidarity’.
Date: 1 July 2015 (Wednesday)
Time: 6PM
Venue: Penang Speakers’ Square (Esplanade)
Who else will stand up for Amos Yee? Don’t count on the elite Singaporeans or the hypocrites. They are too righteous and holy to see any wrong in this case. Is there any decent people in Sin City?
'Scholarism, HKUSU and and Lingnan University Students’ Union will stage a petition outside the Singaporean consulate in Admiralty today afternoon (30th June) to call for Yee’s immediate release.' Full article in TRE.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos Yee – Heckling special needs children
When special needs children were in the wrong place, many cried outrage, vile, vile, vile. How can people heckled children with special needs? That was the kind of reactions from caring and righteous people out to protect special needs children. What a show of nobility and compassion.
Would a boy suffering form Autism Spectrum Disease be called a special needs child? Would such a child need the protection of caring adults from wicked people out to do harm to him? Got diminished responsibility or not? Any clever lawyer wants to comment?
What if such a child is snatched away from his mother, pronounced mad and thrown into a mental hospital where serious mental patients are locked up? Is it vile? Is it the right thing to do? Is this to help the child, to protect the child, to save the child? What would a child affected by ASD ended up in the company of mental patients?
And the child is screaming for justice. Would anyone listen and offer a helping hand? While the child’s plea gone unnoticed, abandoned by the caring and righteous men and women with halos above their heads, a lonely mother cries. The world turned to look the other way.
First World or Third World? What happens to human decency? Where are the people of kindness, the people of God or Gods, the angels and immortals?
After this shameful ordeal, would anyone dare to talk about moral high grounds, about righteousness, about kindness, about compassion, about a caring society?
And a mother cries.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SINGAPORE - Teenage blogger Amos Yee has been sentenced to four weeks’ jail, backdated to June 2. This means he will be freed today (July 6).

The hearing for his sentencing was held this afternoon.

The above is quoted from Today online

This is a very tough young man, to take so much of thrashing for so little that the did. Glad that he stays strong till the end and did not go mad or die in the mental hospital.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos Yee – When a mother fights back
I have written this article before the judgement was out. It may be belated and over taken by events, but some salient points are still relevant. The unrestrained ruthlessness of a group of people in their persistence attack on the mother and son is a manifestation of how much evil and wickedness are existing in our society. These people are so vile, so devoid of human decency and compassion. And they are let lose by whoever behind them to persecute the mother and child as the right thing to do, with no sense of guilt and remorse for their hideous acts speak a lot of what they represented and how dangerous life can be if this group of people are in politics and in power. They are simply inhuman.
Here is my article.

The vengeance of a mother fighting with claws and nails cannot be under estimated. Mary Toh, an unassuming mother, a school teacher, is faced with an uphill task to save her son being locked up in a mental hospital, not because he is mentally sick but for an unpalatable youtube posting. The mother is desperate, in despair, calling on the power of heaven and earth to save her son.
While she is crying hell, there are evil people laughing at her desperation, continue to condemn her son, wanting her son to mete the worst punishment possible, and also ridiculing her, cursing at her for not bringing her son up well. Suck wickedness is so widespread, among the unthinking young, the politically aligned adults and the selfish individuals that care for nothing but their self interest, is so despicable.
Mary Toh is fighting back with all she got against all odds. She is alone without the resources to fend for herself and her son. But she is not alone. Thank God there are a few good people out there standing up and standing beside her to fight a losing cause. They are not letting up in the face of defeat. Sadly, defeat they will get. Everything is stacked against Mary Toh and her few supporters standing on shaky ground.
Where are the good men and women to come to her aid, to help her save her son? Where are the international organizations that could give her a lift, to level the playing field? A few have stepped forward but in vain. The writing is on the wall. The son of Mary Toh is going to get it.
Would the world say sorry to Mary Toh and her son? What has that got to do with the world? Would the people of Singapore do something for Mary Toh? Are there any good men and women brave enough, feel strong enough, to give this mother a little helping hand?
Would Mary Toh cry in vain? No one thinks it is right and noble to step forward to help this hapless mother fighting to save her son?
Maybe only divine intervention is her only savior, when all human spirit fails her, letting a poor mother to stand alone, pleading for mercy for her son.
Where is humanity? Would anyone hear her cries and lift her up from her bended knees? All I can hear is humiliating laughter of smugness, scorn, condemnation and ridicules…for the mother and her son.
I am feeling so ashamed. Do you?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos Yee – A few pertinent questions
‘The psychiatrist who conducted the court-ordered evaluation of the youth at the Institute of Mental Health, Dr Cai Yimin, is also Emeritus Consultant, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Mental Health.’ This is extracted from a post by Andrew Loh in TOC.
The first question many have been asking is the need for someone to be remanded in IMH for a suspected case of Autism Spectrum Disease which is not a mental illness. Is this the case for all patients suspected of ASD to be locked up in IMH and in Ward 7? Or is Amos Yee the first such suspect to be held in IMH?
The second question is the time needed to make a thorough test on Amos Yee to determine his condition? Does it need 2 weeks to do so? As the final finding has shown that the psychiatrist had found Amos to be normal, no mental illness, was this conclusion made at the end of 2 weeks or the result was known earlier?
If Amos Yee was found to be normal earlier, would it not be the duty of the examining psychiatrist to remove him from IMH at the soonest possible? Isn’t it right not to keep a normal person a day or an hour or a minute more in Ward 7, a place used to hold serious mental patients?
When was Amos Yee diagnosed to be clean and normal and when was he removed from IMH Ward 7? Is there anything wrong to keep him a minute longer in Ward 7 when he should be moved out as quickly as possible?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos Yee arrested again

In the news yesterday a teenager was arrested for making derogatory remarks against a religion. Though no name was mentioned, there were hints that it was Amos. Amos has confirmed that it is him.

So, everyone is speculating how many years will Amos be spending behind bars this time. For the police to arrest him, they must have serious evidence, and Amos is as good as guilty. And if he has posted in his Facebook, it will all be in black and white, hard evidence.

How many years? I think it should not be more than 8 years. Kong Hee only got 8 years for an offence involving $50m of round trippings. Unless what Amos posted is more serious than the $50m, at most this looks like the maximum sentence he is going to get. His first application to be in Changi somehow was short spent. This time his will become a PR, or a few years at least, flirting on religious issues.

I would advise people like Veritas and Matilah Singapura to take note of the seriousness of religious matters and avoid making uncontrollable and inflammatory remarks on religion in this blog.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amos Yee on the run

Just found out that Amos Yee has escaped from paradise. The police wanted him to report at the police station for his anti religious comment in his Facebook about Islam, and Calvin Cheng. I could not understand why, but Amos Yee found this call to assist in an investigation pretty intimidating or frightening or ominous that it warranted him to run away from home, from his country and becomes a fugitive, a wanted man.

Why is this investigation so serious? What have gone through Amos Yee’s mind that there is no other way and if he reports to the police he could expect the worst? Justifiable? I dunno, I am not Amos Yee.

Amos has resurfaced in the Facebook to console his mother and that he is ok and would be able to look after himself but did not disclosed where he is. And he took the opportunity to show his middle finger to the govt several times and taunting the govt with something like come and get me if you can.

What’s next Amos? Would he be seeking political asylum in the US or in UK and use his new residence as a safe shelter to the govt in the comfort and safety of foreign shore? Would he in the process gain more publicity for himself and the govt in a new war of words?

Or as someone has said Amos Yee has gone bonkers? Or would someone suggest that he should be locked up in IMH? Could this be the fear that drove Amos Yee to flee from paradise?

What do you think is the real reason for Amos to run and make himself a wanted man, no chance of returning to his country and facing arrest on sight?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynical Investor laughing at Amos Yee
This is what Cynical Investor wrote in his piece, ‘Black Saturday: a great day to laugh at Amos’ stupidity’.
‘Today is Black Saturday or Holy Saturday, a really sad day in the Church calender because Jesus died on Good Friday and was entombed on Saturday and his followers at the time didn’t know that he would be resurrected tomorrow, Easter.
So it’s a great day to sneer and laugh at Amos because by the end of today US time, Amos would have spent 124 days in jail in the land of the free, where the buffalo roam.
Add that to his jail time of 50 days here, he would have spent 174 days in custody.
What a born loser.’
I would not dispute with Cynical Investor on the things he said about Amos Yee being locked up for 174 days. Those were indisputable facts. Whether Amos is a born loser is hard to say as, just like Jesus, Jesus was hung for committing no crime and did he ended up as a loser?
The Christians would definitely said Jesus was and is a big winner, with hundreds of millions of believers today. So being wronged for a time does not mean that the wrong cannot be put right. One day Amos may rise again and many would believe in him though many today did not believe him, just like the Jesus' disciples and followers at that time did not believe he would rise again. I did not say this, I just quoted what Cynical Investor said, ‘and his followers at the time didn’t know that he would be resurrected tomorrow, Easter.’
Some want to split hair with me by saying that Cynical Investor did not say they did not believe in what Jesus said but just ‘didn’t know’. Didn’t Jesus tell them but also told them in public, that he would rise again? No? How come even the non believers then knew about this but his fellow disciples and believers did not? If Jesus did tell them, how could they claim not to know as what Cynical Investor said? Are they deaf, dumb or simply did not want to believe in what Jesus said?
This is funny stuff. Jesus’ disciple’s did not believe him or did not know what he said. It is funnier that his believers today still did not believe in a lot of things Jesus said. Jesus said he ‘was sent only for the lost sheep of Israel’. How many of his believers believe him or did not believe him? Jesus said that on Judgement Day he shall come and judge, and some will go to heaven, some will be burn in the sea of fire. How many of the believers believe in Judgement Day, that Jesus would come down to judge them and only then the righteous or those judged by Jesus could go to heaven? How many of the believers did not believe in this and claimed that they can go to heaven before Judgement Day, before Jesus judge them?
Who are the born losers, those who believe in what Jesus said or those who don’t believe in what Jesus said?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: