Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Sept 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports Sept 2013 Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down on Friday. Dow -31 at 14810. Dow's down trend is levelling. Dow's future is now +119. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses recovered sharply. Nikkei +184, ShanghaiC unchanged, Hangseng +444. STI closed +27, at 3056. Volume was 4.1b shares. Gainers were 309 to 184 losers.

Trend of STI is showing early signs of breaking up.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.4, SingHaiyi +0.1, Albedo +0.4, Armarda +0.1, Oakwell +1.8, ChinaMinzhong 59.5, Oceanus -0.5, Rowsley +10, CCM +3.5, Acma +0.3.

Market opened slightly up and gained strength throughout the day to close near day high. The setting aside of an attack in Syria has improved sentiments and brought about a rally. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculatives made good gains.

ChinaMinzhong commenced trading with news that IndoAgri is making an offer at $1.12. It closed +59.5c, recovering more than what it lost before suspension. Rowsley also surged 10c. Several penny stocks also made good gains. Myanmar stocks also recovering with Yoma +4.5. ChinaEnv +4.5, CCM +3.5, Ossia +8.5.

Europe has recovered strongly. Dow's future also up by more than 100 pts at the moment. Dow is closed tonight for Labour Day.

Tomorrow should be positive unless another surprise from Syria.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was closed last night. Europe were firmly up. Dow's trend is levelling and easing from the recent falls. Dow's future is now -29. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses continued to rally. Nikkei +405, ShanghaiC +25, Hangseng +219. STI closed -1 at 3055. Volume was 4.4b shares. Gainers were 283 to 199 losers.

Down trend of STI has been broken and trend is turning up.

Top volumes were Albedo +0.2, EMS Ener +2.2, Hankore -0.2, Rowsley +0.5, YHM +0.2, Informatics +1.1, Amplefield +0.7, Oakwell -0.8, WEHldg unchanged, Ipco unchanged.

Market opened marginally down and stayed slightly positive for the day. It only slipped to -1 during matching. Play was quite active. Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives faired better. There were some profit takings along the way.

Dow and Europe are looking a bit weaker at the moment. As long as they closed steady our market would still be active for at least this week.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow were +24 last night to close at 14834. Europe were down slightly. Dow's trend is breaking up. Dow's future is now +. Europe opened on the weak side.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +75, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng -68. STI closed -39 at 3015. Volume was 3.9b shares. Gainers were 157 to 314 losers.

Trend of STI is flat, losing a bit of momentum on his recovery.

Top volumes were Albedo unchanged, EMSEner +0.3, Acma +0.2, YHM +0.2, Innopac +0.1, GSH +0.2, Ipco -0.2, MetechInt +0.1, Weiye +0.5, OKHGlobal +3.5.

Market opened down and stay down the whole day. Trading was sideways. There were some attempt to play up but lost steam and STI drifted down to close near day low. Blue chips were mostly in the red. Penny and speculatives were mixed. Some were still active and still made gains.

Dow's future is +7 while Europe slightly down. Very likely they will be drifting sideways like Asian markets until the decision on Syria is decided early next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +97 at 14931. Dow's trend is about to break up from its current short term down trend. Dow's future is now -1. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +11, ShanghaiC -5, Hangseng +272. STI closed +24 at 3039. Volume was 3.8b shares. Gainers were 308 to 183 losers.

Trend of STI is also attempting to turn back up.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.2, YHM +0.2, Albedo unchanged, TopGlobal +0.1, LottVis +0.4, MirachEner +6.5, Lorenzo +0.8, AdvSCT +0.1, THBev +3.5, Rowsley -1.

STI gapped up on opening and stayed up for the whole day. It closed off its high of 3057 at 3039. Blue chips were mostly green. Penny and speculatives were active and many chalked up good gains. AP Strat +10.3, MirachEner +6.5, RexIntl +16, THBev +3.5.

Market could be better if not because of the overhanging Syrian crisis which could turn bad any time.

Europe and Dow are steady at the moment but looking cautious. The charts of Dow and STI are about to break up from the recent down trend.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up last night. Dow's trend is turning up with MACDs just about to do a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -7. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -204, ShanghaiC +17, Hangseng +23. STI closed +9 at 3048. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 275 to 208 losers.

STI's trend is starting to turn up.

Top volumes were YHM -0.2, MirachEner -1, NewWave +0.1, Albedo -0.1, TopGlobal unchanged, Oakwell +0.7, AP Strat +20.4, Ipco -0.1, Yongnam +1.5, SingHaiyi unchanged.

Market was firmed for the whole day and managed to close near its high of +9. Blue chips were mostly higher. Penny and speculatives were mixed. Some penny stocks were still chalking up good gains. AP Strat +20.4, Kruez +4.5, Tritech +6.

It was a good closing for a Friday though still cautious over Syria.

Dow and Europe are also looking cautious.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe up but Dow -14 on Friday to close at 14923. Trend of Dow is creeping up. Dow's future is now +30. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +344, ShanghaiC +73, Hangseng +129. STI closed +40 at 3088. Volume was 2.9b shares. Gainers were 326 to 182 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Albedo +0.2, Oceanus +0.4, ASonic +6.4, Compact +0.2, Oakwell -0.1, AdvSCT +0.1, APStrat +14, THBev +0.5, OttoMarine +0.3, Ipco unchanged.

Market was up on opening and continued to climb to close near day high. Blue chips were mostly up and so were penny and speculatives. Several of the penny stocks made big gains with A Sonic almost doubling in price from 6.3c to 13.1c. AP Strat continued its surge by adding another 14c. There will be a few penny stocks making such remarkable gains every now and then but the rapid rise is also a very risky play as it could turn down quite easily.

Though the US Congress will be debating on the attack against Syria and could be a dampener, the stronger Chinese economy is keeping the markets firm. Market can still be volatile given the Syria crisis.

Dow's future is positive at the moment while Europe is sideways.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

European bourses were flat but Dow +141 to close at 15063. Trend of Dow is turning up. Dow's future is now +58. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +218, ShanghaiC +25, Hangseng + 226. STI closed +36 at 3124. Volume was 5.2b shares. Gainers were 344 to 189 losers.

Trend of STI is up with a golden crossing.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.1, Albedo +0.2, Innopac +0.3, VibroPower +2.5, Unionmet +1.4, A-Sonic +2.4, YHM -0.1, MetalComp +1.6, LifeBrandz +0.1, Cedar +0.1.

Market opened up and remained positive for the whole day. STI gathered strength in late afternoon when Europe opened strongly up and closed at day high. Blue chips were mostly up except for banks. Penny stocks and speculatives were actively traded. The hot stocks were VibroPower and A Sonic. There will be rotational play for the pennies and a right punt could see very good returns intra day.

Both the charts of Dow and STI are looking up. The only dark cloud is the Syrian issue and hopefully it does not turn nasty. Otherwise we could be seeing a good run up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were up last night. Dow +128 at 15191. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +3. Europe opened firmer.

Asian bourses were firmer on opening but closed flat. Nikkei +2, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng -40. STI closed -16 at 3108. Volume was 3.7b shares. Gainers were 328 to 222 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Albedo +1.2, EMSEner +0.6, YHM +0.1, CNA +0.2, FreightLinks +0.5, Asiatic +0.9, Anchun +3.3, Innopac unchanged, Yangzijiang +6, Hankore -0.1.

Market opened up but slipped to negative territory immediately. It continued to slide down and closed at near day low. Blue chips were mixed. Penny stocks were firmer with rotational play. Anchun +3.33, Mid cap were better led by Ezra with rumours of a takeover, It ended +20.5.

The crisis in Syria is getting a reprieve with Obama talking about seriously looking at the Russian initiative for Syria to surrender its chemical weapons. Congress vote for the military strike is now being held back at Obama's request.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +136 while Europe marginally up last night. Dow closed at 15327. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now flat. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -38, ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng +17. STI closed at 3121, +13. Volume was 9.8b shares. Gainers were 351 to 198 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Sunmoon -0.1, Albedo -0.3, YHM +0.2, WEHldg +0.7, Innopac +0.7, Hankore +0.2, Plastoform +0.6, Linair +1.6, GSH +0.2, GemsTV +0.3.

Market opened up and hit a high of 3131 before closing near day low at 3121. Volume hit a new high of 9.8b shares boosted by penny stocks. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculatives were actively traded. Many speculatives were gainers but off their highs with profit taking at the end of the day.

Market appears to be bouyant but minus retail participation.

Europe and Dow are steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were marginally down last night. Dow -26 at 15301. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +10. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +17, ShanghaiC -19, Hangsen g-38. STI closed -4 at 3117. Volume was 6.2b shares. Gainers were 209 to 298 losers.

Trend of STI is up but flattening.

Top volumes were Sunmoon +0.1, MDevt -0.1, Albedo +0.3, YHM -0.2, AdvSCT unchanged, Innopac -0.2, Ezra +20, UniFiber unchanged, HLH +0.1, ChinaEnv +3.5.

Market opened up but fell in late morning and remained slightly down for the most part of the day. Blue chips were mostly down. Penny stocks were still actively traded. Today's big gainers were Ezra with the rumour of takeover in play. It added 20c. Other penny stocks that were big gainers were ChinaEnv +3.5, SeeHS +3.5, Sinarmas +6.5, Dukang +4.

For a Friday, market closed pretty firm. Europe and Dow could drift down too but should close steady for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were steady and Dow +75 to close at 15376 on Friday. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now +176. Europe opened up strongly.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +17, ShanghaiC -5, Hangseng +337. STI closed +58 at 3179. Volume was 3.7b shares. Gainers were 355 to 205 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.4, Sunmoon unchanged, Rowsley +6, MDevt -0.1, Albedo unchanged, CNA -2, Innopac -0.2, YHM unchanged, AdvSct -0.1, THBev +2.

Market opened up and continued to climb throughout the session to close at near day high. With Syria's crisis ebbing and the hawkish Lawrence Summers withdrawing his candidacy for Fed Chairman, confidence seemed to return to the market.

Most blue chips were up especially the banks. The mid cap stocks too recovered from their recent lows. Penny stocks were active with some profit taking.

Europe has opened strongly and Dow's future is in the three digit gains. Tonight Dow is looking for a strong closing as well as Europe.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow closed +119 at 15495. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +8. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -93, ShanghaiC -46, Hangseng -72. STI closed flat, +1 at 3181. Volume was 3.7b shares. Gainers were 200 to 317 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.6, Albedo -0.2, GSH +0.2, Innopac -0.3, Rowsley -3.5, AdvSCT unchanged, Sunmoon -0.1, SingHaiyi unchanged, OttoMarine +0.2, YHM -0.1.

Market opened slightly up and traded cautiously with a bit of profit taking. It ended near day low but still managed to stay +1. Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were also weaker. The jackpot stock today is Asiasons, +72c or more than 50% gain in a day.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were stable last night with Dow +35 closing at 15530. Trend is Dow is up and strengthening. Dow's future is now +19. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +194, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng -63. STI closed +21 at 3202. Volume was 5.7b shares. Gainers were 303 to 206 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.4, Lereno +0.2 ChinaGaoxian -10, WEHldg +0.2, Compact +0.1, Teledata +0.1, Ipco +0.1, Contel +0.3,Innopac -0.2, Albedo unchanged, SpWindsor +0.4.

Market opened up and stayed up the whole day. It closed near day high. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Penny and speculatives were generally firmer with some making extraordinary gains and some big losses. Asiasons +65 or 32%, Blumont +41 or 21%, Civmec +12 or 17%. Other big gainers were LoyzEnergy +10. ChinaGaoxian lost more than 50%, from 19 to close at 8.6.

Europe and Dow are looking firm at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed while Dow +147 closing at 15677 last night. Trend of Dow is firmly up. Dow's future is now +29. Europe opened strongly up.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei +261, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng +385. STI closed +54 at 3248. Volume was 5.7b shares. Gainers were 402 to 181 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Albedo +1.2, Hankore +0.3, YHM +0.1, ChinaGaoxian +1, OttoMarine +0.5, Sunmoon unchanged, Ipco +0.1, Rowsley +3.5, Equation unchanged, Innopac -0.1.

Market gapped up on opening and remained firmly up through the day after Fed did not come out with a bid cut in the GE. Most Asian bourses rallied as well. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculatives were also active with many in the positive. Reits came back in favour.

Big penny stock gainers were Chasen +8, Rowsley3.5, IEV +4,

Dow and Europe are looking strong at the moment and should continue their gains.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were up but Dow -40 at 15637. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +1. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -24. Shanghai and Hongkong closed for holiday. STI closed -15 at 3237. Volume was 5.5b shares. Gainers were 174 to 340 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Albedo -0.9, Digiland unchanged, HM +0.4, Hankore +0.3, Innopac -1.1, Sunmoon +0.1, Rowsley0.5, ChinaGaoxian -0.3, EMS Ener unchanged, WEHldg +0.1.

Mkt opened flat but drifted down through the day. It closed near day low, down 14 pts. Though there were some selling for the weekend, market was steady.

Blue chips were slightly softer. Penny and speculatives were mixed. The play is still there but many cleared out for the weekend. Adv Hldg +6c.

Europe and Dow are looking steady for tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: