Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports August 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports August 2013 Reply with quote

Dow was -21 at 15500 last night. Europe closed positive. Dow's trend is slipping down. Dow's future is now +71. Europe opened up this afternoon.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +337, ShanghaiC +35, Hangseng +205. STI closed +21 at 3243. Volume was 2.8b shares. Gainers were 249 and losers 229.

Trend of STI also starting to weaken

Top volumes were Hankore -0.2, Oceanus -0.2, Albedo -0.1, FreightLinks +1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Innopac unchanged, RexIntl +3, SingHaiyi +0.1, MDevt +0.1, Aussino -0.4.

Market opened up and shot to a high of 3257 and quickly fell and stayed at slightly positive from late morning to near the end of the session. There were some short coverings in the last half hour to push STI back to +21, off its day low.

Blue chips were firmer with banks making strong gains. Penny and speculatives were also firmer. Penny's big gainers were RexIntl +3, LeyChoon +2.5.

Dow and Europe are looking positive at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow closed +128 at 15628. Trend of Dow is making a turn up. Dow's future is now -2. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +460, ShanghaiC +0.4, Hangseng +102. STI closed +11 at 3254. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 228 to 262 losers.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.1, FreightLinks +0.5, MoneyMax IPO 43c, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +2.5, Albedo -0.2, Yamada +1.5, Oceanus unchanged, Hankore unchanged, Innopac -0.1.

Market up on opening but subjected to some profit taking on a Friday. It closed near day low but still +11. It was a firm closing for a weekend. Blue chips were firm and banks continued to make good gains.

Penny and speculatives were mixed with selected play. Most closed flat for the weekend.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment and hopefully will close steady for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +30 at 15658 on Friday while Europe closed mixed. Dow's trend is starting to turn up. Dow's future is now -4. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed with Nikkei -208, ShanghaiC +21, Hangseng +31. STI closed -12 at 3242. Volume was 2.1b shares. Gainers were 156 to 315 losers.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.1, Cedar unchanged, Innopac +0.5, Hankore -0.2, GoldenAgri unchanged, MirachEner -1.5, FreightLinks -0.1, NexGen -0.1, CNA -2.

Market opened down and remained down throughout the day. It closed at day high actually and losing only 12 pts. Volume was down probably due to the short trading week.

Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were mostly in the red. It looks like market will be sideway with lower volume for the next two days till the long holiday is over.

Europe is up at the moment while Dow's future is marginally down.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed last night while Dow -46 at 15612. Dow's trend is flat. Dow's future is now --5. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +143, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng -298. STI closed -19 at 3223. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 212 to 297 losers.

Trend of STI is also flat.

Top volumes were Innopac +0.6, Hankore unchanged, RexIntl +9, Aussino +0.7, Albedo +0.2 YHM unchanged, NexGen unchanged, GoldenAgr -0.5, THBev +1.5.

STI was up on opening but fell quickly and remained in negative territory throughout the day. It managed to close off its low with a bit of short covering in the last half hour. Blue chips were weaker with banks starting to give back some of their gains.

Penny and speculatives were firmer with a few chalking up good gains. RexIntl +9, OKHGlobal +3, InterraRes +2.

Tomorrow is the eve of the long holiday and may see a weak closing.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -93 closing at 15519. Dow's trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now -38. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -576, ShanghaiC -14, Hangseng -335. STI closed +5 at 3230. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 237 to 253 losers.

STI's trend is still flat but weakening.

Top volumes were FreightLinks +0.7, Innopac +0.1, Albedo unchanged, YHM +0.1, RexIntl +2.5, GoldenAgr unchanged, Ipco unchanged, Si2i -0.2, Unionmet +0.3, Genting +3.

Market opened flat and gained some strength to stay positive in the morning. The sharp falls in regional markets were too much and STI started to fall in the afternoon and went negative in the last half hour. It only regained 5 pts after matching trades were done.

Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were firmer. It was a good steady closing for the long weekend.

Europe and Dow are looking slightly weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was up but Dow was down on Friday. Dow closed -73 at 15426. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -94. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -96, ShanghaiC +49, Hangseng +464. STI closed +2 at 3232. Volume was 2.6b shares. Gainers were 273 to 216 losers.

STI's trend is flat.

Top volumes were GSH unchanged, Ipco +0.1, Hankore +0.1, Albedo +0.2, Polaris +0.2, Unionmet +0.2, Digiland unchanged, CNA unchanged, Freightlinks unchanged, Weiye +0.7.

STI opened in the negative but recovered to stay positive most part of the day. Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives were slightly firmer.

Dow and Europe are looking a bit weak at the moment despite the strong closing in Hangseng and Shanghai.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down slightly last night, -6 at 15420. Europe was up. Dow's trend is still down but not frightening. Dow's future is now up. Europe also opened firmly up following the rally in Asia.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +348, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng +270. STI +12 at 3244. Volume was 2.5b shares. Gainers were 293 to 233 losers.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Tritech +28.5(unbelieveable, more than 100% gain), Innopac +0.4, Hankore +0.3, GoldenAgr -1.5, Albedo -0.1, WEHldg +0.4, AdvSct unchanged, Ipco +0.1, RexIntl +5, Contel +0.2.

Market was steady today but not going anywhere despite the rallies in Tokyo and Hongkong. Blue chips were firm and penny and speculatives were also firmer. The freak share today is Tritech closing at 56 from and opening price of 26.5c.

Europe and Dow are looking very firm and tonight are likely to close up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm last night. Dow +31 at 15451. Dow's trend is still down but steady. Dow's future is now -31. Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +183, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng closed due to typhoon. STI closed +5 at 3249. Volume was 2.7b shares. Gainers were 207 to 251 losers.

Trend of STI is flat and starting to turn up

STI opened down and stayed down most part of the morning. It started to move back up after lunch and managed to close marginally up.
Blue chips were slightly weaker. Penny and speculatives were much firmer with several counters making good gains. Aspial +3.5, CCM +2.1.

Europe has opened steady while Dow's future is slightly down at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were up last night but Dow -113 closing at 15338. Dow's trend is looking down. Dow's future is now -20. Europe has opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -297, ShanghaiC -18, Hangseng -2. STI closed -28 at 3221. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 185 to 288 losers.

Trend of STI is slightly down.

Top volumes were Innopac +0.1, Albedo +0.1, THBev -3, Unionmet +0.3, YHM unchanged, FreightLinks -0.1, LionGold +17.5, GSH -0.2, RexIntl unchanged.

Market opened down and drifted down further with regional bourses also weakening. It managed to close off its low of -36. Blue chips were mostly lower. Penny and speculatives were holding on quite firm. Today's big gainers was LionGold, +17.5, ISO and penny stocks wereTeam +4.5, MacqIntInfra +3.

Europe are slightly down at the moment and so is Dow's future.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were down last night. Dow -225 closing at 15112. Dow's trend has turned sharply down. Dow's future is now -5. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses expected to fall sharply but were rather steady. Nikkei -103, ShanghaiC -13, Hangseng -21. STI closed -23 at 3198. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 204 to 283 losers.

Trend of STI starting to go down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.2, Ipco +0.2, Contel +0.2, Albedo +0.2, SoilbuildBizReit IPO closed at 71.5. Innopac unchanged, MirachEner +0.6, Rowsley +3, Tritech +5.5. Ntegrator +0.2.

Market expected to fall sharply given Dow's more than 200 pts fall. It opened and dipped 40 pts but recovered to close -23. On a Friday market was actually quite steady. Blue chips were mostly down. Penny and speculatives were doing pretty well with many in the green. Today's big gainers for penny were MirachEner +5.5, Tritech +5.5, Rowsley +3.

Dow and Europe are also looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were down last night. Dow -225 closing at 15112. Dow's trend has turned sharply down. Dow's future is now -5. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses expected to fall sharply but were rather steady. Nikkei -103, ShanghaiC -13, Hangseng -21. STI closed -23 at 3198. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 204 to 283 losers.

Trend of STI starting to go down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.2, Ipco +0.2, Contel +0.2, Albedo +0.2, SoilbuildBizReit IPO closed at 71.5. Innopac unchanged, MirachEner +0.6, Rowsley +3, Tritech +5.5. Ntegrator +0.2.

Market expected to fall sharply given Dow's more than 200 pts fall. It opened and dipped 40 pts but recovered to close -23. On a Friday market was actually quite steady. Blue chips were mostly down. Penny and speculatives were doing pretty well with many in the green. Today's big gainers for penny were MirachEner +5.5, Tritech +5.5, Rowsley +3.

Dow and Europe are also looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -30 at 15081 on Friday while Europe were slightly up. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -18. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +108, ShanghaiC +17, Hangseng -54. STI closed -24 at 3173. Volume was 2.6b shares. Gainers were 166 to 325 losers.

Trend of STI has started to slip down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi unchanged, MirachEner +8, Innopac +0.4, GSH +0.2, Tritech +4, Ipco -0.1, GoldenAgr +1, YHM -0.1, Magnus +0.2, Rowsley +1.

Market opened steady and was slightly positive in the morning. It started to slip down by lunch time and closed near day low. Blue chips were mostly down. Penny and speculatives were active and firm. The big gainers of penny stocks were MirachEner +8, Sysma +7, Tritech +4. The play on penny stocks is still active.

Europe and Dow are looking slightly weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -71 at 15011. Trend of Dow is down. Dow's future is now +9. Europe opened down affected by the falls in Asian bourses.

Nikkei -362, ShanghaiC -13, Hangseng -493. STI -45 at 3129. Volume was 3.5b shares. Gainers were 107 to 425 losers.

STI's trend is down.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.1, MirachEner -0.5, Innopac-0.2, Albedo -0.1, SingHaiyi unchanged, CNA +0.5, Cedar unchanged, Freightlinks -0.9, Noble -2, Infinio -0.1.

Market was slightly down in the morning but fell when regional bourses started to fall sharply. It ended - 45 off its low of -56. Blue chips and penny were mostly down.

The STI hit a support level at 3120 and bounced back slightly. Breaking this level will see it testing 3065.

While Europe is now negative, Dow's future is holding slightly above water at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady, down slightly. Dow -8 at 15003. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -34. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +28, ShanghaiC +4, Hangseng -153. STI closed -20 at 3109. Volume was 4b shares. Gainers were 222 to 264 losers.

Trend of STI is looking down.

Top volumes were Albedo +1.4, Cedar +0.1, Innopac +0.1, MirachEner unchanged, ThBev -3, GoldenAgr -0.5, UPP +1, WEHldg +0.2, GSH unchanged, Noble -3.

Market opened slightly down and managed to turn positive for a short while. It then drifted down and closed at day low. Blue chips were slightly weaker but penny and speculatives were steady. There were some shorting in this weak market.

Europe still mixed at the moment while Dow's future slightly weaker.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down again last night. Dow -105 closing at 14898. Trend of Dow is down. Dow's future is now +14. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed but closed off their lows. Nikkei -59, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng +78. STI -20 at 3089. Volume was 3.1b shares. Gainers were 117 to 356 losers.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Albedo +0.4, Cedar unchanged, WEHldg +0.6, GenEnergy +6.5, Amplefield +1, MirachEner +2, Hankore +0.2, THBev -0.5, GSH unchanged, CCM +2.3.

STI opened down and fell to a low of 3055, nearly touching support at 3050. It bounced back to close near day high at 3089. STI was lifted by the recovery in Hangseng from negative to positive and with Europe opening high.

Blue chips were mostly down but off their lows. Penny and speculatives managed to hold their own with a few chalking up good gains. GeoEnergy +6.5, CCM +2.3, MirachEnergy +2.

Dow and Europe are looking good and the worse is looking like behind us if Dow can close firm tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: