Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports July 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports July 2013 Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed a bit weaker on Friday. Dow was -115 at 14910. Trend of Dow is still pointing up but missed the golden crossing on Friday. Dow's future is now +60. Europe opened a bit down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +175, ShanghaiC +16. Hangseng closed for holiday. STI closed at 3145, -5. Volume was 2.1b shares. Gainers were 205 to 256 losers.

Short term trend of STI is still looking up.

Top volumes were Innopac +1.1, MirachEner 2.7, StJames -0.8, SingHaiyi +0.1, Contel +0.5, YHM unchanged, Ipco +0.1, GoldenAgr +0.1, WEHldg -0.3, NexGen -0.1.

Market was slightly weak and traded in a small range. It tried in vain to turn positive and closed mixed. Blue chips were slightly weaker. Penny and speculatives actually were firmer. Yoma continues to weaken, -4.5c.

Europe is down at the moment while Dow's future is up.

It is going to be a mixed session tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were mostly up last night. Dow +65 at 14975. Trend of Dow is trying to turn up. Dow's future is now +9. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +246, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng -145. STI closed +32 at 3173. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 335 to 126 losers.

Trend of STI is up and gaining a bit of strength.

Top volumes were MirachEner +4.5, Innopac -0.1, CNA +2.1 Oceanus +0.2, Transcu unchanged, WEHldg +0.1, LifeBrandz +0.1, Aussino +0.5, Ramba +2, NewWave unchanged.

Market was up the whole session but closed off its day high. Blue chips were much firmer. Penny and speculatives too were recovering. There were more gainers than losers and market is appearing to recover but volume is still very low. Quite expected given the lack of retail players.

Europe and Dow are showing mixed signals for tonight but should be steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down slightly last night. Dow closed -43 at 14932. Dow's trend is just about to do a golden crossing. With Dow's future now -88, this is unlikely to happen. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -43, ShanghaiC -12, Hangseng -511. STI closed -44 at 3129. Volume was 2.2b shares. Gainers were 126 to 349 losers.

Trend of STI is still up but may turn down again after today's fall.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.1, MirachEner +3.5, MDR -0.1, NewWave +0.1, NexGen +0.1, Innopac -0.1, AsiaMed +0.5, CNA -0.4, Noble -3, WEHldg -0.2.

STI opened slightly down but slipped futher down in early morning trading. It recovered almost 20 pts by lunch time but fell again when Europe fell sharply on opening. Hangseng too fell by 511 pts. There seems to be a renewed concern about Portugal.

Blue chips were mostly in the red. Penny stocks were steady and closed mixed.

Dow and Europe are looking not very healthy in early trading tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe closed off their lows last night. Dow managed to close +56 at 14989. Trend of Dow is still poised for a golden crossing. Dow's future is now +39. Europe also opened up, a big contrast to the end of the mood yesterday.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -37, ShanghaiC +12, Hangseng +321. STI closed +17 at 3147. Volume was 1.7b shares. Gainers were 314 to 143 losers.

Trend of STI is up and the medium down trend has been broken. Looking at trend alone, STI is on an uptrend.

Top volumes were MirachEner +2, Innopac +0.2, SingHaiyi -0.2, HiapTong +5.5, JiutianC +0.6, ChinaEnv +4.8, HanKore +0.2, OKH +0.5, CCFH +0.3, Cacola +0.2.

Market was up on opening, saved by the positive closing of Dow. STI continued to climb but closed slightly off its high. Blue chips were all firmer. Penny stocks too were showing good gains and mostly green. It could be disastrous if Dow were to close sharply down last night.

The low volume also reveals the kind of participation of retail or genuine traders in the market. It is just dying. And if HFT is going to be introduced at the end of the year, it will be the last nail that the market needs before turning turtle.

Europe and Dow should be steady tonight. Hopefully they recover from yesterday's weaknesses to return some life to our dying market tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was closed for Independence Day last night. Europe were up. Dow's trend is still trying to break up. Dow's future now is +5. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +291, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng +386. STI closed +23 at 3170. Volumes were 2b shares. Gainers were 312 to 164 losers.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volume were SingHaiyi -0.6, LifeBrandz +0.2, Hankore +0.3, MirachEner -0.5, HiapTong +1, Ramba +5.5, EnviroHub +1, Xpress +0.1, NexGen unchanged, Rowsley +1.5,

Market was up throughout the whole session and gained some strength in the afternoon when Hangseng continued to rise. It closed off its day high but firm for a weekend.

Blue chips were mostly up. Speculatives and penny were also firmer.

Europe is marginally down at the moment while Dow's future is marginally up. A good closing at Dow should be good for Monday.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up 147 pts on Friday closing at 15136. Dow's trend is turning up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is now +62. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -201, ShanghaiC -49, Hangseng -272. STI closed -14 at 3155. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 142 to 302 losers.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were MDevt unchanged, Intl Healthway IPO closing 45.5, Innopac -0.3, LifeBrandz unchanged, MirachEner unchanged, HiapTong -0.5, Ramba +4.5, NewWave -0.1, MDR unchanged, Ipco +0.1.

Market opened steady but fell sharply following Hangseng's sharp fall. It recovered over the days to close of its low at -14. It was -37. The weakness in Hangseng dragged STI and regional bourses down. Blue chips were affected by the falls. Penny stocks were mixed.

The firm opening in Europe and Dow's future shall see both markets closing steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +89 at 15225. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +62. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +364, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng +101. STI closed 3179, +23. Volume was 2.2b shares. Gainers were 323 to 169 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MirachEner +6, Innopac +0.1, Rowsley +1.5, HiapTong -2.5, GoldenAgr +0.5, WEHldg -0.1, UniFiber +0.3, Sunlight +0.5, Yoma +6, MDR unchanged.

Market was up on opening and gained strength through the day. It closed near day high. Blue chips were mostly higher. Speculatives were also mostly firmer. Yoma started to recover after recent losses.

Both the charts of Dow and STI have started to trend up.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +76 at 15300. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now -28. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei -56, ShanghaiC +43, Hangseng +222. STI closed +9 at 3188. Volume was 2.2b shares. Gainers were 240 to 251 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MirachEner +0.5, Cedar +0.1, HiapTong -2, IntlHealthway +1.5, Matex -1.5, Noble -2.5, GSH -0.1, Contel +0.1, THBev -2, Innopac -0.2.

STI was up on opening and hit a high of 3206. It closed at day low with profit taking but still managed +9. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculatives were mixed.

Dow's future is now negative and Europe opened down. Looks like a slight pulling back in these markets tonight
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were marginally down last night. Dow closed -9 at 15292. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +166. Europe opened strongly up.

Nikkei +56, ShanghaiC +65, Hangseng +533. STI closed +61 at 3249. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 381 to 130 losers.

Trend of STI is up

Top volumes were MirachEner +5.5, Hankore +0.5, WEHldg +0.4, Ipco +0.1, YHM +0.1, THBev -0.5, Oceanus +0.1, GSH +0.3, Polaris +0.2, Innopac +0.1.

Asian markets rallied today. STI opened up and continued to climb to close at day high. Blue chips were mostly up with banks making big gains.
Penny stocks were also active and were mostly gainers.

Dow and Europe are looking very strong for tonight and could rally as well. If so, our market is likely to chionh on opening . Tomorrow is also Friday and there could be some profit taking at the end of the day.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued to move up last night. Dow +169 at 15461. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -14. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +34, ShanghaiC -34, Hangseng -160. STI closed -13 at 3236. Volume was 2.9b shares. Gainers were 208 to 250 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MirachEner -4.5, YHM +0.2, Hankore -0.2, NewWave unchanged, SingHaiyi -0.2, HiapTong +1, THBev -0.5, Innopac -0.2, ChinaMining +1.

Market opened up but started to fall immediately. It was like profit taking from the word go and it closed near its day low. Friday also makes this a normal event. Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were more on the red.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed slightly up on Friday. Dow +3 at 15464. Dow's trend is nicely up. Dow's future is now +15. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly marginally up. Nikkei +34, ShanghaiC +20, Hangseng +26. STI closed +1 at 3237. Volume was 2.2b shares. Gainers were 206 to 256 losers.

Trend of STI is up but levelling.

Top volumes were MirachEner +3, SingHaiyi +0.3, NexGen unchanged, Innopac +0.2, OKHGlobal +3, GoldenAgr -2, YHM +0.1, Hankore +0.1, ISOTeam +3.

Market was up on opening but closed flat at day low. It was a quiet market. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks were slightly better.

US and Dow are looking steady for a positive closing tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up last night. Dow +20 at 15484. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -8. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +93, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng +9. STI closed -17 at 3219. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 226 to 222 losers.

Short term trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were Innopac 3.6, Oceanus +0.2, KLW +0.1, WEHldg +0.6, Aussino +1.6, Magnus +0.3, Ipco +0.2, Contel +0.6, MirachEner +1, Ntegrator+0.5.

Market opened up but started to fall and ended near day low. Blue chips were slightly weaker. Penny stocks were active with many ended green. The play on penny stocks is back with increasing volumes. Top gainers in percentage terms were Innopac +3.6. Aussino also gained 1.5c.

Dow and Europe are looking a bit weak at the moment and look like may pull back a little tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down again last night. Dow -32 at 15451. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -23. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +16, ShanghaiC -21 and Hangseng +59. STI closed -17 at 3208. Volume was 3.4b shares. Gainers were 209 and losers were 237.

Trend of STI is still up but weakening.

Top volumes were Innopac -0.3, GSH -0.1, UniFiber +0.5, HanKore +0.1,Albedo +0.3, SingHaiyi unchanged, MirachEner -1.5, Annica +0.1, Ramba +3.5.

Market was mixed. It opened up but closed at day low. Blue chips were weaker and so were penny and speculatives with a bit of profit taking.

Europe and Dow are looking a bit weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up last night. Dow +19 at 15471. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +30. Europe opened flat but slightly on the positive.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +193, ShanghaiC -22, Hangseng -27. STI closed +10 at 3218. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 242 to 224 losers.

Trend of STI still up but weakening.

Top volumes were Hankore +0.4, Albedo +0.3, MDevt +0.2, YHM +0.2, FreightLinks +1.8, Innopac -0.1, Equation +0.2, MDR unchanged, Infinio unchanged, THBev -2.5.

Market opened up and remained up the whole day. It closed slightly off its day low. Blue chips and penny were more on the positive side.

Europe and Dow are looking steady for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +78 at 15549. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is -45. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -219, ShanghaiC -31, Hangseng +17. STI closed -6 at 3212. Volumes were 2.5b shares. Gainers were 188 to 268 losers.

Trend of STI is still up but starting to level and looking to turn down.

Top volumes were CNA +13.3, Hankore unchanged, Innopac -0.7, THBev -0.5, KrisEnergy IPO closed at 1.155, MirachEner -2.5, MDevt -0.1, MDR unchanged, Aussino +0.1, GSH +0.1.

Market opened up but drifted down to close at day low. There were some shortcovering during matching time to push back the index to close off its low. Blue chips were slightly weaker. Penny and speculatives were mixed which was normal for a Friday session. The star stock today was CNA, nearly doubling its last closing of 13.7c to close at 27c. Stock has a placing of 60m shares at 12.08c. The big surge in price is difficult to explain.

Dow and Europe are steady but looking to close on the weak side for the weekend as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: