Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports June 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Daily reports June 2013 Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down on Friday. Dow -209 at 15116. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is +17 at the moment. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -513, ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng -110. STI closed -20 at 3291. Volume was 3.2b shares. Gainers were 204 and losers 281.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Xpress +0.6, Ramba +17.5, NexGen +0.1, Innopac -0.3, Mirach -0.8, AsianMic +0.7, InterraRes +4, FDS +0.2, Sunlight +0.7, WEhldg +0.2.

Market opened down but recovered some grounds to close off its low despite the plunge at Nikkei. Overall market was mixed with blue chips slightly weaker but speculatives and penny stronger. Selective stocks made good gains, Ramba +17.5, Interra Res +4, Geo Energy +3, ISDN + 7 Blumont +7.5.

Europe is weak but Dow's future is positive at the moment. As long as Dow is steady tonight, our market should be active tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was down a bit but Dow up 136 to close at 15254. Dow's trend is still down. Dow's future is now -31. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +272, ShanghaiC -27, Hangseng +3. STI closed flat at 3291. Volume was 4.2b shares. Gainers were 352 to 178 losers.

Trend of STI is down but flattening.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi unchanged, NewWave +0.5, WEHldg +0.5, Xpress +0.3, Innopac +0.1, Matex +0.2, Ipco unchanged, Magnus +0.3, Yongnam +3, CPH +0.3.

Market opened down but clawed its way up to close flat. Blue chips also recovered. Penny stocks and speculatives were mostly up. Myanmar related stocks were stronger with Yoma taking the lead. Yoma +7.5. Other big gainers were ISDN +12.5, Yongnam +3, Ausgroup +3 NHCeramic +3.5.
Market volume has also gone up and market is likely to be active in the short term provided Dow is steady.

Dow's future is slightly down at the moment but Europe is already up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were slightly up last night but Dow pulled back a bit, -76 at 15178. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -9. Europe opened slightly lower.

Asian bourses were mostly down with Nikkei falling 519. ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng -216. STI -48 at 3243. Volume was 3.8b shares. Gainers were 133 to 391 losers.

STI's trend is down.

Top volumes were NewWave +0.1, MDR unchanged, Innopac -0.1, Rowsley +5, Unifiber -0.2, YHM -0.1, Yoma +3.5, Jiutian +1, KLw +0.1, Healthway +0.1.

Market opened down slightly but fell along with a weak Nikkei and Hangseng. More selling came in after lunch on blue chips. It was reported that funds were getting uneasy over the QE issue especially in Japan and the US.

Penny stocks also faced some selling. Myanmar related stocks continue to make gains. Rowsley started to see some strong interest in late afternoon.

Our market should still be active as Europe and Dow are looking steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were down. Dow -217 closing at 14961. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +51. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -111, ShanghaiC -29, Hangseng -231. STI closed -50 at 3194. Volume was 2.8b shares. Gainers were 111 to 374 losers.

Trend of STI is also going down.

Top volumes were Tee Land IPO 56, Innopac unchanged, Rowsley +0.5, Ramba -14, YHM unchanged, NewWave -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Jiutian +0.2, Unifiber unchanged, Healthway unchanged.

Market opened down and went lower with more selling of blue chips. Penny stocks were more steady. Myanmar stocks held on to their gains. Rowsley managed to gain 0.5c despite the general weakness of the market.

Europe and Dow are looking steady and a firm closing will give reason to support the market again. Got to be careful with the Friday syndrome of clearing positions at the end of the day.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was down but Dow closed +80 at 6336 last night. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -9. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -26, ShanghaiC -31, Hangseng -263. STI closed -9 at 3185. Volume was 2.9b shares. Gainers were 191 to 284 losers.

Trend of STI is down and may find support at this level.

Top volumes were Healthway -2.8, Teeland +0.1, Innopac unchanged, WEHldg +0.1, Rowsley -1.5, Yoma +2, CNA +0.2, Ipco unchanged, MirachEner unchanged, NewWave -0.1.

Market opened down but turned positive for a short while before closing -9. Blue chips were weaker while penny and speculatives were mixed. Myanmar stocks were steady and Yoma added another 2c.

The Friday Syndrome led to a weaker closing with not much interest for most part of the day.

Europe and Dow are looking steady and likely to close flat tonight or a bit weaker for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed up on Friday. Dow +208 at 15248. Dow's trend is starting to turn up. Dow's future is now +24. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei rallied 637, ShanghaiC -31, Hangseng +40. STI closed +16 at 3201. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 177 to 324 losers.

Trend of STI is also turning up.

Top volumes were NewWave -0.9, TeeLand -6, NexGen unchanged, Innopac -0.6, Oceanus -0.9, KLW +0.1, THBev -0.1, YHM -0.1, Yoma +1.5, Cedar unchanged.

Market opened up but weakened slightly on profit taking, particularly in penny and speculatives. Blue chips were firmer. There were no negative news with most Asian markets closing positive.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe retreated slightly last night. Dow -10 at 15239. Dow's trend is levelling and looking to turn up. Dow's future is now -44. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -197, ShanghaiC -31, Hangseng -260. STI closed -30 at 3170. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 109 to 432 losers.

Top volumes were Innopac -0.6, GoldenAgr +1, WEHldg -0.5, SingHaiyi -0.1, THBev -1.5, Teledata unchanged, Ipco -0.1, YHM -0.2, Polaris -0.1, Xpress -0.3.

Market opened flat but fell with regional bourses due to China's weak economic data. STI closed near its day low at 3170. There was continued selling across the board with blue chips taking the brunt. The support for STI is 3150 and so far it is still holding. The selling is nearing its tail end and market should be stabilising soon.

Dow and Europe are looking marginally weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -117 at 15122. Trend of Dow has started to slip down again. Dow's future is now +83. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -28, Shanghai and Hongkong closed. STI closed -17 at 3153. Volume was 2.3b shares. Gainers were 155 to 315 losers.

Trend of STI is still down. It touched its support of 3150 and managed to just stay above at 3153.

Top volumes were YHM +0.2, Innopac -0.3, Teledata -0.3, Aussino +1.8, Singhaiyi +0.1, MirachEner +1.4, WEHldg +0.1, Xpress -0.1, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgr -1.

Market opened down, recovered to near flat but closed at about the same level as opening. The selling of blue chips continued but with lower volumes. This, together with the STI hitting support and moving back up, could be the signs of market bottoming out.

Penny stocks fared much better with several counters closing up.

Europe are turning positive now while Dow's future is positive as well.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly down last night. Dow -127. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -78. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were sold down sharply. Nikkei plunged -844, ShanghaiC -63, Hangseng -468. STI -23 at 3131. Volume was 3,2b shares. Gainers were 105 to 499 losers.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.1, Innopac -1.3, YHM -0.2, NewWave -0.3, Transcu +0.1, MDR unchanged, MirachEner -0.1, TCIL +40, THBev -1, Yoma -6.

Market opened down but fell quickly when regional bourses started plunging down. Many counters were sold down rapidly, likely being shorted down by the funds or speculators. Yoma opened at 99 but went down to 88 before recovering to close at 93. Blue chips were slightly down but steady. The worst hits were the second liners. Penny stocks too were weaker.

The slight weakness in Dow was due to continue worries of Fed slowing down QE. The big sell down in Asian markets were uncalled for, the works of big funds shorting the markets.

STI broke the 3150 support and briefly went below the next support of 3100. Hopefully this support will hold as the selling was exaggerated and oversold for some stocks.

Europe and Dow are showing weaknesses at the moment given the sharp falls in Asia. They are likely to open down and whether they could retrace back is another issue.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe turned back up last night. Dow closed +181 at 15176. Dow's trend has stopped falling. Dow's future is now +26. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +241, ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng +82. STI closed +30 at 3161. Volume was 2.4b shares. Gainers were 376 to 138 losers.

Trend of STI is showing first sign of reversing up.

Top volumes were Innopac -1.5, MirachEner +0.6, Acma +0.1, Ipco +0.1, GoldenAgr +2.5, Xpress +0.4, NexGen +0.1, Teledata +0.1, WEHldg +0.4, LifeBrandz +0.1.

Market opened slightly up and gained strength through the day. It slipped slightly in late afternoon but short covering in the last hour brought it to close at near day high.

The sharp selling yesterday looked ridiculous after Dow strengthened last night with talks of Bernanke coming out to assure the market that the QE slowing would not be done brashly to affect market. There were some bargain hunting today. Blue chips recovered some grounds. Penny and speculatives were also mostly green.

STI chart is looking like recovering from the 3100 level.

Dow and Europe are looking good at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were up on Friday but Dow closed -106 at 15070. Dow's trend is still looking down. Dow's future is now +104. Europe opened strongly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up except for ShanghaiC -6. Nikkei +347, Hangseng +257. STI closed +22 at 3183. Volume was 2b shares. Gainers were 287 to 180 losers.

Trend of STI is starting to turn up.

Top volumes were NexGen +0.1, Innopac +0.6, WEHldg +0.4, GoldenAgr +1, Teledata unchanged, Ramba +2.5, Ntegrator +0.2, NewWave -0.2, Envirohub +1, ISDN +8.5.

Market opened down but rose quickly in line with Nikkei and Hangseng. It closed near day high. Gainers were across the board. Blue chips were mostly firmer. Penny and speculatives were active and many made good gains.

Europe opened strong and Dow's future is also up. Both are looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were all up. Dow +110 at 15180. Dow's trend is levelling up. Dow's future is now +40. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -25, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng flat. STI closed +46 at 3230. Volume was 2b shares. Gainers were 328 to 154 losers.

STI has broken the down trend and turning up.

Top volumes were NewWave +0.3, Innopac +0.1, Rowsley +2.5, EnviroHub +0.4, Yongnam +1.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, WEHldg -0.1, THBev -0.5, GSH +0.1, YHM unchanged.

STI opened up and continued to climb to close at day high. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculatives were also steady.

After the recent sell down, market is looking for a recovery to regain the losses. Trend is looking up.

Dow's future is up at the moment. Europe is slightly down.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed last night. Dow was +138 at 15318. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now +7. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +238, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -239. STI closed -16 at 3214. Volume was 2.1b shares. Gainers were 284 to 185 losers.

Trend of STI is also turning up.

Top volumes were Innopac -0.1, NexGen -0.1, GSH +0.3, AdvSCT +0.1, Aussino +0.3, YHM unchanged, CNA +0.2, Healthway +0.2, NewWave -0.1, Dukang +2.5.

Market opened up but drifted down only to close at near day low. Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were steady.

Volume is low pending Bernanke's address tonight which is expected to ease market concern over his recent annoucement of slowing down the buying back of bonds.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe closed earlier last night and were not too affected by Bernanke's speech. Dow -206 which was not too serious either. Dow's trend is turning back down after looking to break up. Dow's future is now -90. Europe opened down, catching up on the losses.

Asian bourses were mostly down but Hangseng as usual was sold down sharply -604. Nikkei -231 and ShanghaiC -59. STI fell 80 pts closing at 3133. Volume was still on the low side, 2.4b shares. Gainers were 86 to 438 losers.

Trend of STI also started to slip back down.

Top volumes were Innopac -0.6, Cedar unchanged, GoldenAgr -1.5, Medtecs +1.9, Teledata -0.2, Singtel -13, THBev -1.5, WEHldg -0.1, Transcu unchanged.

Market opened down slightly but the sharp falls in regional bourses took its toll and market closed at day low. The weak opening in Europe also added pressure to the market. STI is still staying above the 3100 support.

Blue chips took the brunt of falls. Penny and speculatives were weaker but steadier.

The selling as usual is well overdone.

Dow and Europe are looking weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were sharply down last night. Dow -354 to close at 14758. Dow's trend is down. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses fell sharply on opening but rebounded. Nikkei +216, ShanghaiC -11, Hangseng -120. STI -9 at 3124. Volume was 2.7b shares. Gainers were 176 to 289 losers.

Trend of STI is turning down and missing a golden crossing.

Top volumes were Medtecs +0.7, Healthway +0.2, Innopac -0.7, YHM unchanged, Transcu -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, NexGen +0.2, KLW +0.2, Wilmar +1, Capitaland -7.

STI fell sharply on opening, -68. So were regional bourses, It recovered most of its losses within two hours and stayed there for the most part of the day. Nikkei made the most recovery turning a 200 pts fall to a 200 pts rise.

Blue chips were mixed with interest sensitive stocks still in the red. Penny and speculatives were steadier and many turned positive.

Dow's future is now positive and so are European bourses. A technical rebound is expected tonight at Dow after two days of strong selling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: