Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports May 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow -80 at 15307. Europe were up. Dow's trend is turning down. Dow's future is now -122. Europe opened sharply down following major Asian markets.

Nikkei -1143, ShanghaiC -27, Hangseng -591. STI closed -61 at 3393. Volume was 5b shares. Gainers were 96 to 517 losers.

Top volumes were Cedar +0.3, LifeBrandz unchanged, ComfortDelgro -25.5, WEHldg -0.2, YHM -0.2, MDR -0.1, Innopac -0.1, Ntegrator -0.5, GblYellowpg +2.7, CNA +0.5.

Market opened flat while Nikkei was up more than 100 pts in early morning. Nikkei and Hangseng fell sharply in the afternoon on news of China's shrinking factory output and also Bernanke's comment that the massive buying of bonds would be slow down in the coming months.

Selling started after lunch and got stronger when Europe opened sharply down. STI closed near day low at 3393. It was a sea of reds. Blue chips, second liners and penny/speculatives were mostly down.

Dow and Europe are expected to fall sharply tonight. We will have one day of break and hopefully the overseas markets will stabilise and nerves are calmer on Monday.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady on Friday. Dow +9 at 15303. Dow's trend is threatening to break down. Dow's future is now +16. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed with Nikkei falling sharply, -470. ShanghaiC +5 and Hangseng +67. STI closed nearly flat, -2 at 3391. Volume was 2.7b shares. Gainers were 288 to 185 losers.

Trend of STI is down with MACDs cutting down and both looking down.

Top volumes were SoilbuildConst IPO at 36. NexGen +0.1, Innopac -0.2, Transcu unchanged, Oakwell +1.3, Ntegrator +0.1, CNA +1.9, SingHaiyi unchanged, Cedar unchanged, YHM +0.1.

Market opened down but rebounded almost immediately to stay positive the main part of the day before profit taking in the last hour to bring it down slightly. It was steady despite the sharp fall in Nikkei. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks fared much better.

Cordlife continues its rise, +13. UPP up 3c, CNA up nearly 2c.

Europe is up. Dow is closed tonight for Thanks giving.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were up last night. Dow will reopen tonight. Dow's future is now +79. Dow's MACDs are threatening to cut downwards. Europe opened up firmly.

Most Asian bourses were up. Nikkei +169, ShanghaiC +28, Hangseng +238. STI closed +15 at 3406. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 341 to 176 losers.

Trend of STI is starting to turn back up.

Top volumes were YHM +0.2, Unifiber +1.2, Innopac +0.1, NewWave +0.3, NexGen -0.1, SoilbuiltConst -3, Cedar -0.1, CNA +1, Healthway -0.9, GSH +0.4.

Market was rather flat for most part of the day but climbed to closed near day high in the last two hours of trading. Blue chips were firmer and penny stocks are getting more active with more gainers. Myanmar related stocks performed well. Rowsley has also started to move a bit after the last sell down.

Dow and Europe are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +106 at 15409. Dow's trend is trying to turn up with MACDs failing to cut downwards. Dow's future is now -72. Europe opened firmly down.

Asian bourses were up but Hangseng fell sharply in the last hour. Nikkei +14, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng -369. STI -39 at 3367. Volume was 4.4b shares. Gainers were 174 to 341 losers.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Aussino +6.5, YHM unchanged, Unifiber +0.5, Magnus +0.5, AsianPayTV new listing, 92, GSH +0.5, Armarda -0.1, Innopac unchanged, Contel +0.2, CNA +0.1.

Market opened up following Dow's good closing but started to turn down when Hangseng fell in the afternoon. STI closed at day low with sellers coming in late afternoon.

Blue chips mostly turned red. Penny stocks fared much better with quite a number holding on to their gains. Aussino came back strongly to gain 6.5c.

Dow and Europe are looking not too good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were much weaker last night. Dow -106 at 15302. Dow's trend slipping down again with MACDs cutting downwards. Dow's future is now -36. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei fell sharply, -737, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng -71. STI closed -38 at 3330. Volume was 4.6b shares. Gainers were 167 to 362 losers.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Innopac -0.2, Aussino -0.5, Yellowpg +0.8, YHM -0.2, WEHldg unchanged, Lorenzo +2.5, Magnus -0.2, MirachEner +9.8, Unifiber -0.2, Ipco +0.1.

Market opened flat but fell with regional bourses. It was in a way steady given the steep fall in Nikkei spooked by renewed fear of QE tightening. Blue chips were mostly weaker. REITs continued to be sold down after the recent positive run.

Penny stocks were in play still with a few wonder stocks chalking big gains. Mirach Energy moved from 6.5c to 16.3c. Ramba from 49.5 to 58.5, Lorenzo from 11.7 to 14.2.

Europe opened mixed while Dow's future is slightly weaker. Looks like there will be a big of a technical rebound tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe had some technical rebound last night. Dow closed +22 at 15324. Trend of Dow is down but looks like consolidating at this level. Dow's future is now -87. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +186, ShanghaiC -17, Hangseng -92. STI closed -25 at 3311. Volume was 3.5b shares. Gainers were 190 to 309 losers.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Armarda unchanged, Innopac -0.2, Polaris +0.1, Contel +0.1, GLP +0.6, Cedar unchanged, Transcu -0.1, SingTel -3, SingHaiyi unchanged, Ipco unchanged.

STI opened flat but fell immediately and was negative for the whole day. STI ended near day low. Blue chips were more negative with signs of funds selling out. Penny stocks were steadier and closed mixed.

The negative opening in Europe and the weekend gave reasons for clearing of positions for the weekend. Both Dow and Europe are looking weak for tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: