Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports April 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports April 2013 Reply with quote

Dow closed +52 last Thur at 14579, hitting another new high. Though MACDs are pointing down, the trend is starting to turn up. Dow's future is now -25. UK is closed and likely the other European markets are close too for Easter Monday.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -263, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng closed. STI closed -0.5 at 3308. Volume was a low 2.8b shares. Gainers were 212 to 273 losers.

Trend of STI is up but flattening.

Top volumes were WEHldg +0.7, Transcu +0.2, AdvSCT +0.1, Ntegrator +0.1, Ipco +0.1, Unionmet +3, Contel +0.2, YHM -0.1, Innopac -0.5, SingHaiyi -0.1.

A very quiet day with STI trading in a small range. Blue chips were weaker. Penny stocks still enjoyed some selective play. Unionmet gained 3c from 4.6 to 7.6c while Amplefield +5.1c from 1.8 to 6.9c. Otherwise, most of the stocks were moving sideways.

Dow is slightly down at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were slightly up. Dow closed -6 at 14573. Dow's trend is trying to bounce up. Dow's future is now +40. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -132, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng +68. STI closed +10 at 3318. Volume was 3.9b shares. Gainers were 221 to 254 losers.

Trend of STI is still up but consolidating at this level.

Top volumes were CarrierNet +0.6, YHM +0.1, Contel +0.8, WEHldg -0.4, Oceanus +0.3, SingHaiyi -0.1, JiutianC +0.4, Albedo -0.2, THBev +0.4, Equation unchanged.

Another quiet day but volume improved slightly. Blue chips and penny stocks were mixed. Heard UOBKH has lifted curb on Rowsley which ended +0.5.
Overall it was directionless and so were the regional markets.

Dow and Europe are looking positive for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmly up last night. Dow +89 closing at 14662, another new high. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now +18. Europe opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +359, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng -30. STI +7 at 3325. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 236 and 245 losers.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were LH Gp +0.2, WEHldg +0.3, MDR +0.2, SingHaiyi unchanged, Innopac-0.7, Contel +0.1, CarrierNet -0.1, THBev -1.5, Albedo -0.2, GoldenAgr -0.5.

While Europe and Dow were charging up STI opened down and stayed in negative territory for half a morning. It only started to stay above water during lunch time and managed to close at +7. Quite a week performance really.

Blue chips were mixed while penny were slightly weaker. Not much play in the market for the moment with the same few penny stocks staying active.
Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe fell last night. Dow -112 at 14550. Dow's trend is flat with MACD kinking down. Dow's future is now +57. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were generally up. Nikkei +272, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng closed. STI closed -8 at 3314. Volume was 3.1b shares. Gainers were 162 to 293 losers.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.3, MDR unchanged, Albedo -0.3, Magnus +0.1, WEHldg -0.2, Innopac -0.1, Ipco unchanged, Equation unchanged, GoldenAgr -1, Memstar +0.5.

Another quiet day with STI trading in a small range. General market is down. Blue chips and penny stocks were all weaker. Gaylin was today's big gainer, +7.5c.

Europe and Dow are looking good at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up but Europe down last night. Dow +56 at 14606. Trend of Dow is turning down. Dow's future is now -23. Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed with Nikkei +199 but Hangseng -611. Shanghai closed. STI -10 at 3297. Volume was 3.5b shares. Gainers were 144 to 368 losers.

Trend of STI is also turning down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.2, WEHldg -0.5, Ntegrator +0.1, Memstar -0.3, Innopac -0.1, NexGenCom unchanged, Yoma +4.5, Transcu unchanged, GoldenAgr unchanged, AdvSCT unchanged.

Tokyo opened up 400 pts but closed +199. On the other hand Hangseng fell sharply due the fear of bird flu in China. These sent conflicting signals to dampen STI to close down -8. There were many more losers than gainers. The weekend also led to more selling.

Yoma recovered strongly today after announcing it was bidding for telephone licence in Myanmar.

Blue chips and penny stocks were mostly weaker.

Dow and Europe are mixed at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were all down on Friday. Dow closed off its low at 14565, -41. Dow's trend is turning down but staying about support at 14450. Dow's future is now +25. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +359, ShanghaiC -14, Hangseng 9. STI closed -15 at 3285. Volume was 4b shares. Gainers were 153 to 334 losers.

Trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were Digiland unchanged, SingHaiyi +0.1, Transcu -0.1, AdvSCT -0.1, MDR unchanged, ICP unchanged, SitraH unchanged, GLP +8, Albedo -0.4, WEHldg -0.5.

Market traded sideways for most part of the day and closed at day low with more selling in late afternoon. There was a general weakness with little interest to push any stock. Overall market was calm.

Europe have opened up and Dow's future is positive at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe recovered some grounds. Dow +48 closing at 14613. Dow's trend is still down but steady. Dow's future is now +18. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were generally firmer. Nikkei was flat, ShanghaiC +14 and Hangseng +152. STI +12 at 3297. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 270 to 195 losers.

Trend of STI is trying to turn back up.

Top volumes were Contel -0.5, ICP unchanged, WEHldg -0.4, SingHaiyi unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Innopac +0.2, AdvSCT unchanged, YHM +0.1, Ipco -0.1, Albedo +0.1.

Market opened flat but improved in mid day trading. It closed off its high at +12. Blue chips were firmer but penny were mixed. Trading activities were subdued with lesser interest in speculatives.

Europe and Dow are looking firm at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +60 and closed at 14673 while Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now +32. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +96, ShanghaiC +0.5, Hangseng +164. STI closed -3 at 3293. Volume was 3.3b shares. Gainers were 293 to 189 losers.

Trend of STI is slipping down.

Top volumes were Infinio unchanged, Contel +0.6, Amplefield +1.5, SingHaiyi +0.1, WEHldg +0.4, Albedo +0.2, MDR unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Innopac +0.1, Magnus unchanged.

Market opened flat but slipped to negative for the whole day. It closed off its low at -3. There were actually more gainers than losers, including blue chips. Penny stocks were mixed.

Despite the cautious mood because of the Korean crisis, market is holding well. It seems that no one is expecting a war to break out. I also subscribe to this view as a war is just too destructive and incomprehensible. The Koreans are not that mad to want to kill each other.

Europe and Dow are looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmly up. Dow +129 at 14802. Dow's trend is up with a near golden crossing. Dow's future is now +30. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +261, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng +67. STI closed +16 at 3309. Volume was 3.4b shares. Gainers were 272 to 209 losers.

STI trend is also turning up slightly.

Top volumes were WEHldg +0.7, AdvSCT +0.1, Contel +0.6, SingHaiyi unchanged, Ipco +0.1, MDR unchanged, Innopac +0.5, Albedo -0.2, InterraRes +5.5, Magnus -0.1.

Given the rallies in Europe and Dow, our market also firmed up like most other Asian bourses. However the gain was muted. Blue chips were much firmer while penny stocks were mixed. There was an apparent lack of retail participation and many were intra day traders.

With Europe and Dow looking well, our market should continue to firm up. The only issue is the Korean peninsula and anything can happen there.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued to firm up. Dow +63 last night to close at 14865. Trend of Dow is up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -21. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down for the weekend. STI closed -15 at 3294. Volume was 2.9b shares. Gainers were 194 to 269 losers.

Top volumes were AdvSCT unchanged, WEHldg -0.5, EcoWise -0.2, CarrierNet +0.1, SingHaiyi -0.1, Transcu unchanged, Innopac +1, Digiland unchanged, Contel -0.3, Ipco unchanged.

Market opened barely positive and stayed there for the whole morning. It started to drift down in the afternoon with little activities. Traders must be clearing their positions for the weekend and market closed near day low, -15, which was fairly steady.

Blue chips and penny were mixed with thin trading.

Dow's trend is looking up but there could be some pulling back for the weekend after 4 days of gains. Generally market is steady and the question is whether there will be a nasty surprise in Korea. Apparently all parties realised their stupidity and are trying to calm the tension at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was down on Friday while Dow closed flat at 14865. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now -60. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -209, ShanghaiC -25, Hangseng -316. STI closed -10 at 3284. Volume was 2.7b shares. Gainers were 163 to 315 losers.

Top volumes were Innopac +1, SingHaiyi unchanged, CEFC +0.2, Federal +0.1, Infinio -0.1, AdvSCT unchanged, WEHldg -0.4, ISDN -2, GoldenAgr -1, CPH -0.1.

Market opened flat but fell when regional bourses tumbled. It rebounded but could not hold and closed near day low. However, STI was steady with thin volume and varied within a small band of 15 pts. Blue chips were much weaker while penny stocks were mixed.

Europe and Dow are looking a bit weak at the moment but not serious. The tension in Korea appears to be cooling down.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe closed slightly down last night. Dow was flat on opening but fell sharply after the Boston Marathon bombings. It closed -266 at 14599. Dow's recent uptrend took a dip with the sharp fall. Dow's future is now +11. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses recovered from sharp falls in the morning but mostly recovered. Nikkei -54, ShanghaiC +13, Hangseng -101. STI also opened down but closed near day high, +7 at 3292. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 215 to 270 losers.

Trend of STI is still down but steady.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.4, Ipco +0.3, Contel +1.4, GoldenAgr -1, Infinio unchanged, Yongnam +2, AdvSCT unchanged, WEHldg +0.2, HM unchanged, THBev unchanged.

Market opened down but recovered when nothing more happened to the Boston bombings. It ended near day high. Most of the stocks that fell on opening managed to turn positive to end steady.

Europe also opened slightly down and looking ok. Dow's future is recovering and is now +28.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were slightly down but Dow recovered some grounds from yesterday's sharp losses. It closed +158 at 14757. Dow's trend is down but trying to climb back up. Dow's future is now -64. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +161, ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng -102. STI closed flat at 3292. Volume was 2.6b shares. Gainers were 189 to 269 losers.

Trend of STI is still down but steady.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.2, Sunlight -0.5, Innopac -0.5, Contel -0.5, SingHaiyi -0.2, YHM unchanged, HPHTrust -2, SeeHS +3.5, CarrierNet unchanged, MapletreeGCC -0.5.

Market opened slightly up and remained positive for the most part of the day. It only started to drift down in late afternoon when Europe opened down. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks were slightly weaker. Another quiet day with low activities.

Dow and Europe are looking weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -138 at 14619. Dow's trend is breaking down. Dow's future is now +30. Europe opened positive.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -163, ShanghaiC +4, Hangseng -57. STI closed +4 at 3296. Volume was 2.5b shares. Gainers were 179 to 312 losers.

Trend of STI slightly down but looks like consolidating at this level.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.1, MDR unchanged, Sunlight -1.4, THBev -2, Healthway +0.4, Innopac +0.5, GoldenAgr -1.5, SeeHS -2.5, WEHldg -0.2, HPHTrust unchanged.

Another quiet day with low activities and weigh down by bad sentiments in the US and tension in Korea. Blue chips were slightly firmer while penny stocks were weaker. Looks like market will be trading sideways for a while.

Dow and Europe are looking for a technical rebound tonight but unlikely to be strong.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were still down last night but the falls were smaller. Dow -81 to close at 14537. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +8. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses rebounded strongly. Nikkei +96, ShanghaiC +47, Hangseng +501. STI closed -2 at 3294. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 278 and losers 187.

Trend of STI is making first sign of reversing up.

Top volumes were Cedar +0.1, SingHaiyi unchanged, YHM +0.1, WEHldg +0.1, THBev -1, Innopac -1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Ipco unchanged, Oceanus +0.2, AdvSCT unchanged.

Another slow day with market opening down. Fortunately Asian bourses were firm and gained strength through the day. This lifted STI higher but still unable to close positive with a loss of two points. The Friday effect of clearing positions prevented any strong buying. This market will be like that till they revamp the whole system.

Europe and Dow are looking positive at the moment. The arrest of one Boston suspect and identifying another could be a calming factor. And the Korean peninsula is cooling down a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: