Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports March 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports March 2013 Reply with quote

Dow retreated a bit, -21 at 14054. Europe were slightly firmer. Dow's trend is starting to turn back up. Dow's future is now +21. Europe opened slightly down but turning positive now.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +47, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng -140. STI closed -0.5 at 3270. Volume was 7b shares.

Trend of STI is looking down but more like consolidating at this level.

Top volumes were Albedo -5.9, Ipco -0.2, Cedar -0.1, Contel -1, CarrierNet -0.4, Compact unchanged, Equation -0.2, YHM -0.2, Stratech +0.1, MDR -0.1.

Market was hit by the Friday effect and most penny stocks were sold down for the weekend. The fall was sharper with many shorting the stocks only to recover slightly at end of session. Blue chips were mixed. Gainers were 145 to 437 losers.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment and market should still be active next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +35 on Friday, closing at 14090. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is looking up and could do a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -43. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei +46, ShanghaiC -86, Hangseng -342. STI closed -30 at 3240. Volume was 4.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.2, GoldenAgr -2.5, YHM -0.2, Cedar -0.1, LifeBrandz +0.2, MDR -0.1, EnviroHub -1.1, Equation -0.2, NexGenCom unchanged, THBev +0.5.

Market opened flat but quickly fell. Two main worries, the US budget cut and the property curbs in China were the main culprits. The market was a sea of red with losers out gunning gainers by 513 to 97. Penny and speculatives were all sold down. Blue chips too were mostly in the red.

Weakness is expected in the US though Dow surprised by closing positive on Friday. Dow's future is recovering from its early weakness and is now -30. Europe opened down but not too bad.

If Dow can be positive for another day then it will be on an uptrend despite the budget cut.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down but recovered to close +38 at 14128. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is starting to turn up. Dow's future is now +37. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses recovered from yesterday's fall. Nikkei +31, ShanghaiC +53, Hangseng +27. STI +9 at 3249. Volume was a low of 3.8b shares.

Trend of STI is still down but improving.

Top volumes were WE Hldgs +0.2, Jackspeed +0.8, YHMJ +0.1, CarrierNet +0.3, Armarda +0.3, GoldenAgr +0.5, Ipco +0.1, Equation +0.1, Rowsley +5, Xpress +0.4.

Market was positive the whole day but traded within a small band. Gainers were 391 to 142 losers. Blue chips were slightly better. Interest on penny stocks came back with many chalking gains and enjoying good volumes.

Rowsley was a big winner among the penny stocks, +5c.

Europe and Dow are looking good as the fear of the over played US budget cut subsided. China's property curb is now seen as a local factor and should not affect the rest of the economy. What a shit. The selling yesterday was good in a way as it gives the market a chance to correct and prepared for another run up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up strongly last night. Dow +126 closing at 14254. Dow's trend is up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is now +38. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +249, ShanghaiC +21, Hangseng +217. STI closed +37 at 3285. Volume was 6.5b shares.

STI has broken the short term down trend.

Top volumes were Compact +0.1, ICP unchanged, GSH -0.3, SingXpress +0.1, Ipco unchanged, WE Hldg _3, Rowsley +1, NexGenCom unchanged, Magnus -0.4, Oceanus -0.1.

Market was up following the good closing in Dow and Europe. Gainers were 282 to 256 losers. Play was switched to blue chips with many registering good gains. Penny stocks were up but most were sold down to close in the red.

Europe and Dow are looking steady and could continue with their climb.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +42 closing at 14296. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is nicely up. Dow's future is now +13. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +36, ShanghaiC -23, Hangseng -6. STI +7 at 3299. Volume was 4.6b shares.

Trend of STI is breaking up.

Top volumes were WE Hldg -0.2, ICP unchanged, MapletreeGCC IPO 1.03, Ipco unchanged, Cedar -0.1, Weiye -1.6, Annica unchanged, Rowsley +1.5, GoldenAgr -1, Equation-0.1.

Market was flat despite the firmness in Dow and Europe. It traded very cautiously and ended at day high with a gain of 7 pts. Blue chips were firmer. Penny stocks were weaker with some curbs on trading in some houses. The last two days have seen quite a fair bit of selling of penny stocks. The question is whether the players are going to restart the play again. But the curbs would hamper the volumes definitely.

Europe and Dow are looking firm.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +42 closing at 14296. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is nicely up. Dow's future is now +13. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +36, ShanghaiC -23, Hangseng -6. STI +7 at 3299. Volume was 4.6b shares.

Trend of STI is breaking up.

Top volumes were WE Hldg -0.2, ICP unchanged, MapletreeGCC IPO 1.03, Ipco unchanged, Cedar -0.1, Weiye -1.6, Annica unchanged, Rowsley +1.5, GoldenAgr -1, Equation-0.1.

Market was flat despite the firmness in Dow and Europe. It traded very cautiously and ended at day high with a gain of 7 pts. Blue chips were firmer. Penny stocks were weaker with some curbs on trading in some houses. The last two days have seen quite a fair bit of selling of penny stocks. The question is whether the players are going to restart the play again. But the curbs would hamper the volumes definitely.

Europe and Dow are looking firm.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up on Friday. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -21. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +65, ShanghaiC -8, Hangseng -1. STI -3 at 3293. Volume was 4.7b shares.

Trend of STI is attempting a golden crossing.

Top volumes were WE Hldg -6, Ipco -0.3, YHM -0.1, Cedar -0.1, Magnus -1.4, THBev -0.5, MDR -0.1, Transcu -0.1, GoldenAgr unchange, Contel -1.1.

Regional bourses were steady. STI closed +3. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Gainers were 177 to 378 losers. Penny stocks continued to be sold down, some quite badly. WE Holding lost 50% of its value, Myanmar stocks were also weaker with Yoma -7.5, Interra Resources -4. There was little support for penny stocks at the moment with curbs in some houses still on.

Europe and Dow are looking a bit weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued to move up. Dow +50 to close at 14447 last night. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now -7. Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were slightly weaker. Nikkei -43, ShanghaiC -24, Hangseng -200. STI closed +10 at 3303. Volume was 4.3b shares.

Trend of STI is still struggling to break up from the recent weaknesses.

Top volumes were WE Hldg -0.1, SingXpress +0.3, Ipco +0.2, MDR +0.1, CarrierNet unchanged, NexGenCom unchanged, Ntegrator +0.7, YHM unchanged, ChinaACorp +0.2, Magnus +0.4.

Market was up on opening and stayed positive the whole day. The shelling yesterday seemed to have petered off and penny stocks managed a slight technical rebound. They are generally still weak. Blue chips were firmer.

Hopefully the selling of penny stocks is over and some play can return. Many have lost quite a fair bit and nearer to pre rally level.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were flat last night. Dow +3 at 14450. Dow's trend is still up. Dow's future is now -15. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -75, ShanghaiC -23, Hangseng -334. STI -15 at 3289. Volume was 5.6b shares.

Trend of STI is flat, failing to break up.

Top volumes were SingXpress +1.1, UniFibre -2.2, WE Hldg unchanged, YHM unchanged, Elektromotive unchanged, GoldenAgr +1, Ipco -0.1, THBev +0.5, Magnus -0.3, Transcu unchanged.

Market opened flat but fell in afternoon trading. It closed off its low at 3289. Gainers were 185 to 313 losers. Blue chips were weaker. Penny stocks were mostly flat. Big swingers were SingXpress with a volume of 2.26b shares due to news of intent to buy American properties with the appointment of George Bush's brother as its chairman. UniFibre is having liquidation problem and fell 50%.

Otherwise market was quite and drifting sideways.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were flat last night. Dow +5 at 14455. Dow's trend is still up but flattening a bit. Dow's future is now +44. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei +142, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng +63. STI -9 at 3280. Volume was 6.2b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to slip after failing a golden crossing.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi(SingXpress) +0.9, NexGen +0.2, CarrierNet +0.4, Equation +0.5, WE Hldg +0.3, Magnus _0.8, Ipco +0.1, YHM +0.2, Oceanus +0.4, Albedo+0.7.

Market was flat though volume for penny stocks have increased. Many penny stocks were green today. Blue chips were mixed. Gainers were 289 to 205 losers. It looks like interest is coming back but will depend on whether the curbs have been lifted.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmly up last night. Dow +84 closing at 14539. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -9. Europe opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +180, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng -86. STI closed +7 at 3286. Volume was 7.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.4, Cedar +0.1, CarrierNet +0.1, Ipco +0.1, Armarda +0.2, GoldenAgri -1.5, WE Hldg -0.2, Rowsley -8.5, THBev -0.5, Equation -0.2.

Market was up but closed near day low likely because of Friday. Blue chips were mixed. Penny stocks were also weaker.
The main event was the downgrading of Rowsley by UOB KayHian claiming that it was over value. It was sold down furiously and down 8.5c.
This kind of activity is bad for the market as research reports like this can affect the price of stocks very badly.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed slightly down on Friday. Dow -25 at 14514. Dow's trend is up but flattening. Dow's future is now -94. Europe opened sharply down due to the bail out of banks in Cyprus. This has depressed most Asian bourses and many were sharply down.

Nikkei -340, ShanghaiC -38, Hangseng -450. STI closed -26 at 3260. Volume was a low of 3b shares.

Trend of STI is breaking down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi -0.1, Digiland +0.1, GoldenAgri -1, Rowsley -0.5, NexGenCom -0.1, TTInt +0.5, Ipco -0.1, WEHldg -0.5, Magnus -0.5, THBev -0.5.

A quiet day of trading burdened by the uncertainties in Cyprus. Gainers were 131 to 384 losers which is pretty decent given the falls in all Asian bourses. Blue chips were mixed which is understandable given the remoteness of Cyprus and unlikely to have much exposure there. Penny stocks were mostly in the red.

Dow and Europe are looking weak at the moment. If they don't fall too much will be good.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down but not too sharply. Dow -62 at 14452. Dow's trend is turning down. Dow's future is now +22. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses recovered from yesterday's sharp falls. Nikkei +248, ShanghaiC +17, Hangseng -42. STI closed near day low, +13 at 3269. It was at a high of 3284. Gainers were 267 to 190 losers and volume was 3.1b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.4, Annica +0.3, ChinaNTown +0.8, GoldenAgri -1, WEHldg +0.1, THBev +1.5, Innopac -0.1, Ipco unchanged, Equation +0.2, YHM unchanged.

Market opened flat but gained grounds in mid day. It fell again when Hangseng turned negative and closed near day low. Blue chips were firm and penny stocks are showing some activities with many making small gains.

The uncertainties in Cyprus and Europe are holding back the return of play. Some of the houses have yet to life the curbs on penny trades.

Europe and Dow are mixed at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up and down but closed +4 at 14456. Europe still weak and troubled by Cyprus bailout. Dow's trend is turning down with MACDs attempting to cut downwards. Dow's future is now +42. Europe opened positive.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei closed, ShanghaiC +60, Hangseng +215. STI closed at day low, -21 at 3248. Volume was 3.5b shares. Gainers were 273 to 200 losers.

Trend of STI is still looking down.

Top volumes were SingHaiyi +0.1, Metech Int +0.2, Ipco unchanged, YHM +0.3, THBev -0.5, Yongnam +3, GoldenAgr +1, WEHldg +0.3, ChinaACorp +0.2, ChinaNTown -0.3.

Another quiet day. Blue chips were weaker but penny is stirring though volume was still low. The sign is that penny may start to be active again.

Europe is stabilising and so is Dow.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe recovered some grounds last night. Dow +56 at 14512. Dow's trend has avoided cutting down for the moment. Dow's future is now -31. Europe opened up down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +167, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng -31. STI closed +18 at 3267. Volume was 4b shares. Gainers were 277 to 183 losers.

Trend of STI is still down.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, CarrierNet +0.3, Ntegrator +2.6, SingHaiyi -0.2, WEHldg +0.2, Ipco unchanged, YHM unchanged, Metech Int +0.1, Contel +0.3, Equation unchanged.

Another quiet day without much retail activities. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Penny stocks showed more activities but very cautious.

Europe and Dow are showing a bit weaker at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: