Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports February 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports February 2013 Reply with quote

Dow was down 50 last night closing at 13860. Europe also fell about the same points. Dow's trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now +52. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei +53, ShanghaiC +34, Hangseng -8. STI closed +8 at 3291. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Ntegrator +1.3, YHM unchanged, Ipco unchanged, Halcyon IPO closed at 49.5, GeoEnergy -3, AEM +1.3, InterraRes +1.5, Innopac -1, MDR +0.1, GemsTV +0.6.

Market opened up but quickly fell to negative. It then recovered to close at day high. This is very positive given the negative closing of Dow and a weekend. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Speculatives were mixed. Gainers were 267 against 237 losers.

Myanmar stocks were firmer except for some downgrading of Yoma. It closed -3.5c.

The firm openings in Europe and Dow's future at the moment are looking good for tonight. Monday our market is likely to remain firm unless there is a sell down in Dow tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm on Friday. Dow was +149 at 14010. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -10. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +69, ShanghaiC +9, Hangseng -37. STI closed at day low, +6 at 3298. Volume was 3.9b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MDR -0.1, Rowsley +4, Ipco -0.1, Ntegrator +0.2, YHM -0.1, ICP unchanged, ChinaNTown +0.4, Yoma -4.5, Halcyon -4.5, Artivision +1.

Market was up on opening and hit a high of 3319 but closed at near day low with profit taking. Many counters were up in the morning but ended 277 gainers and 306 losers. Blue chips were firmer but penny and speculatives weaker.

Rowsley got a boost with a series of good news, acquisition and transforming into a real estate company. It also announced giving out free warrants. It hit a high of 36 before closing at 33, +4. There should be more interest in this counter given the Midas touch of Peter Lim.

Dow's future is strengthening at the moment, now -3. Given the strong gains on Friday, a little pull back is not a bad thing. But it could still continue on its record breaking run after breaking the 14,000 barrier.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were spooked by events in Spain and Italy. Europe fell sharply. Dow -129 closing at 13880. Dow's trend is turning down and looking not good. Dow's future is now +50. Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -213, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng -536. STI closed -25 at 3273. Volume was 4.2b shares.

Trend of STI is also sliding down.

Top volumes were YHM -0.2, Ntegrator +2.3, WEHldg +1.3, ICP -0.1, Ipco unchanged, Oceanus -0.4, Innopac -0.7, Transcu unchanged, Memstar +0.3, Elektromotive unchanged.

Market opened down slightly but was further dragged down by a sharp falling Hangseng. It hit a low at 4pm when Hongkong closed. The market started to recover when Europe opened up together with a positive Dow's future. STI managed to close off its day low.

Gainers were 154 to 396 losers. It was a sea of red earlier.Yoma recovered and looks like trying to make a come back after yesterday's sell down. Rowsley also looks promising, gaining 0.5c.

Dow and Europe are looking to recover some of their losses last night.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An ageing population is a triumph of development.
‘We should stop seeing elderly Singaporeans as just a drain on our economy and as a hindrance to our goal to keep Singapore dynamic. Older Singaporeans have much to offer us, and not all of it can be measured in economic terms.
In fact, our elderly Singaporeans are essential to maintaining a Singapore core. Older Singaporeans are custodians of culture and, as some have suggested, can be employed in schools to teach subjects such as social studies and national education, or encouraged to volunteer to do so. This is also a way of encouraging cross-generational sharing and learning, particularly in a society where family trends are shifting and there may be less opportunities for inter-generational sharing within the family.’….
I like this part of Chen Show Mao’s paper. The senior citizens are not a waste or rubbish waiting to be thrown away. Many are a store house of information and history. The accumulated experience in them is wisdom that cannot be found in the text books.
And with today’s medical advancement and the quality of life, many are very healthy and can go on till 70 or 80. I see myself going on to 70 without much stress. And many of the seniors are in such shape but thinking that their days are over, as society or govt has so fixed, and thus wasting their times in club houses or playing golf. Many can still be gainfully employed if they so choose.
The employment policies of the govt and private organizations, public and private institutions, should cater for this mindset change to welcome more seniors back to the work force. Many are financially sufficient and do not need abundance of money to work. A decent salary will be enough to keep them happy. By so doing, the labour cost could be lowered and more seniors would be independent instead of being a liability. And there is lesser need for foreigner to support a bigger ageing population when more are supporting themselves. When seniors are working till 70 or 80, they are economically active and contributing and supporting the economy as well. Isn’t that good?
There must be a serious conviction and commitment to restructure the workforce, to retain more people in the workforce for as long as possible. After all we have become an economic animal and working to death is our new mantra. Just look at the cleaners in the foodcourt will do. This, couple with the savings in their CPF or in their bank accounts or assets, the data on ageing population to be supported by a bigger and younger pool of workforce, particularly the PMETs, and that’s what our seniors will be as we move ahead, is thus misleading. There are many PMET jobs that are not directly related to ageing. The new seniors are knowledge based seniors. Many are armed with professional and tertiary degrees and wide ranging skills and knowledge. They are no longer the artisans or coolies of the past.
Think sinkie first and as the WP suggested, think of tapping the pool of the seniors and those females that can participate in the economy. Cut down on the one track mind of relying on foreigners. It is a drug, a bad habit. Kick the habit. Don’t be lazy, think harder.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was sharply down last night. Dow fell but recovered to close at 13987, +7. Dow's trend is flat. Dow's future is now -14. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly down but moderate. Nikkei -107, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -80. STI closed -15 at 3262. Volume was 3.8b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were Ipco unchanged, JasperInv +0.2, ChinaNTown +0.7, Cedar unchanged, MDR unchanged, Ntegrator +0.1, CCFH -0.9, WEHoldg -0.2, Plastoform +0.2, Europtron -0.2.

Market opened flat but selling pressure started in late morning and continued to sell down the whole day. STI closed near day low. There were 182 gainers to 371 losers. Blue chips were generally weaker. Penny and speculatives were mostly down.

Tomorrow is CNY eve and if Dow recovers tonight, there could be some possibility of a firmer closing for the New Year.

Dow and Europe at the moment are marginally weaker.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -42 at 13944. Europe was a mixed bag last night. Dow's trend is flat and looks like consolidating at this level. Could go either way. Dow's future is now +20. Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were mostly positive but Nikkei -203. ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng +38. STI closed +9 at 3270. Volume was 3.8b shares.

Trend of STI is still down.

Top volumes were Ntegrator +1.2, MDR unchanged, WEHldg +1.8, Valianz +0.6, Magnus +0.7, Adventus +0.5, Genting +0.5, YHM unchanged, ChinaNTown +0.9, Annica +0.1.

Market opened weak but some buying came in after late morning. STI stayed positive thereafter for the whole day. This could be a little dressing for the new year. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Many penny and speculatives were much better. Gainers were 288 to 191 losers.

Europe and Dow are looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +47 at 14019. Dow's trend is still flat but slightly positive. Dow's future is now +17. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian markets were mixed. Nikkei - 118. Shanghai and Hongkong closed. STI +31 at 3301. Volume was a high of 8.5b shares.

Trend of STI is seeing a break up with today's strong closing.

Top volumes were Magnus +2.8, CarrierNet +1.1, WEHldg +4.2, Ntegrator +2.6, LHGroup +0.3, NexGenGom +0.1, Ipco +0.2, Annica +0.3, ChinaACorp +1.3, YHM +0.1.

Blue chips were mostly up with strong gains by the banks. However play was in super penny stocks with gains of 30 to 50%. Trading on penny stocks also drove up volumes to pass the 8b shares level.

It is a good start for the new year and play on penny stocks could continue for a while. Dow's future is positive and Europe is looking steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -36 at 13983. Europe closed up. Dow's trend is flat. Dow's future is also flat at the moment. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +56, Hangseng +198, Shanghai closed. STI closed -10.5 at 3290. Volume was 10.9b shares.

Trend of STI is steady and attempting to move up

Top volumes were Ipco +0.7, Armarda +0.8, Magnus +0.2, YHM +0.2, Contel +1, Annica +0.2, ChinaACorp +0.5, Sunmoon unchanged, Xpress +0.4, MDR -0.1.

Our market was down for the main part of the day and closed at day low. Market activities were mainly on super penny stocks and trading was active. Because of this most of the stocks were trading sideways or down slightly. The market is likely to continue this way for a while before switching back to the higher value stocks. Volume for the day is the highest so far.

Europe and Dow are firm at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed slightly down, -10 at 13973. Europe was down. Trend of Dow is flat but threatening to slip down. Dow's future is now -24. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed, Nikkei -133, Shanghai closed, Hangseng +31. STI closed -7 at 3283. Volume was 7.2b shares.

Trend of STI is weakening again.

Top volumes were Ipco unchanged, Memstar +0.3, Magnus -0.1, AdvSct +0.2, AdvSys +0.2, YHM +0.3, New Wave +0.1, Ntegrator +0.2, WEHldg +0.7, GSH +0.2.

Market opened flat but quickly slipped into negative territory and remained there for the whole day. There were 283 gainers to 226 losers.

Blue chips were mostly weaker. Penny stocks were still in active play but there were signs of weariness. Some of the mid penny stocks are starting to revive. Myanmar stocks came back to play led by Yoma which gained 5.5c after the recent sell down.

Europe is mixed at the moment while Dow is slightly down. As long as the closing is steady our market should still enjoy active play. Today is Friday and the slightly weaker closing is expected given the good showing in the week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed +8 on Friday at 13982. Europe were slightly down. Dow's trend is flat but slipping down. Dow's future is now +2. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +234, ShanghaiC -11, Hangseng -63. STI closed +5 at 3288. Volume was 4.7b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were YHM -0.2, Ipco -0.3, Transcu +0.1, Cedar unchanged, Equation +0.1, MDR unchanged, Healthway +0.8, ChinaSports +1.1, THBev +2.5, Magnus unchanged.

Market was cautious and traded within a small range. The comments by analysts and reporters of the recent play in super penny stocks have caused some nervousness in these stocks. Volume has lowered ot 4.7b shares but generally the market is steady. Gainers were 253 to 281 losers.

There is a need for some confidence booster for the players to come back in.

New York is closed tonight while Europe is looking a bit weak.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYSE was closed last night. Europe was mixed. Dow's future is now +1. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -36, ShanghaiC -39, Hangseng -238. STI closed +7 at 3296. Volume was 5.2b shares.

Trend of STI is down but steady.

Top volumes were Contel +3, JasperInv +0.5, Magnus +0.1, Ipco +0.1, Equation -0.1, Rowsley +5.5, Sunmoon unchanged, CCFH +1.4, Transcu unchanged, Hankore -0.1.

Market was positive in the morning but drifted down after lunch. It recovered slightly at the end of the day. Volume slightly improved and gainers were 278 to 245 losers. Market came to life in the last hour with Rowsley running up and gaining 5.5c, Rowsley could be benefitting from Najib's visit and the announcement of a high speed railway between Singapore and KL. The other big gainer was Contel, +3. GSH Corp was halted but looks like going to announce some good news.

The good opening in Europe also helped as the other major Asian bourses were mostly down.

Dow is steady at the moment and could improve with Europe positive.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were firmly up last night while Dow +54 at 14036. Dow's trend is still down but first sign of turning back up. Dow's future is now +12. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +96, ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng +164. STI +13 at 3309. Volume was 7.3b shares.

STI's trend is starting to turn up though trend is still flat.

Top volumes were Xpress +0.8, Ipco +0.3, Oceanus +0.6, CCFH +0.2, Contel -0.2, Annica +0.3, JEP +0.4, Armarda +0.1, LH Group +0.1, Thakral +0.6.

Market was positive the whole day but cautious. Buying returned in late afternoon. Small caps were back in play with good volumes. Big gainers of small caps were Yamada +17, Ramba +4 and Sunvic +3.5. Gainers were 354 to 213 losers.

Blue chips were mixed. General sentiment was good and small cap play is likely to continue.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow -108 last night to close at 13927. Europe were mixed. Dow's trend is weakening. Dow's future is now - 54. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -159, ShanghaiC -71, Hangseng -401. STI closed -22 at 3286. Volume was 6b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were GSH +1.6, Ipco -0.2, MDR -0.1, YHM +0.1, Thakral -0.1, ChinaACorp -0.1, Innopac +0.7, CEFC +0.5, Oceanus -0.1, JiutianC +0.3.

Market opened flat but continued to weaken as regional bourses were mostly down. China was affected by more curbs on properties and this must have affected Hangseng as well. However, our market was quite resilient with penny stocks still active. More selling pressure came in late afternoon when Europe opened sharply down. Market managed to close off its low. Lowers were 451 to 126 gainers.

Blue chips were mostly down as well.

With Europe sharply down at the moment and Dow's future in the negative, Dow is looking weak for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -47 last night closing at 13881. Europe were sharply down. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +55. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +77, ShanghaiC -12, Hangseng -124. STI closed +0.5. Volume was 4.6b shares.

Trend of STI is down but still pretty steady at this level.

Top volumes were Stratech +0.3, Europtron +1.7, Ipco unchanged, Healthway +0.6, YHM +0.1, Eucon +1.6, Magnus +0.3, Contel +0.3, Innopac +0.1, Genting +5.5.

Market was weak the whole day given the weakness in Europe and Dow last night. Friday could also be a factor. Despite the general weakness market managed to close at day high with a half point gain. The strong opening in Europe helped too.

Blue chips were mixed. Penny stocks fared better with more gainers. There were 283 gainers to 220 losers.

Europe is already up and Dow looks like going to be positive tonight. Speculative play is likely to continue next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmly up on Friday. Dow +120 at 14001. Dow's trend is back to the consolidation band and avoiding further falls. Dow's future is now +6. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +277, ShanghaiC +12, Hangseng +38. STI closed flat, +0.6. Volume was 6.2b shares.

Trend of STI is down but holding.

Top volumes were Annica +0.4, Oceanus +0.7, SingXpress +0.2, Ipco unchanged, Lereno +0.1, YHM -0.1, LHGroup +0.1, Valianz +0.3, Rowsley +4, Compact unchanged.

Despite the firm closing in Wall Street and Europe our market was very cautious and was up marginally throughout the day. Probably everyone was waiting for the budget speech. It closed at day low, +0.6.

Blue chips were slightly better. Penny stocks too were up but marginally. Gainers were 281 to 236 losers.

Our market will have to adjust to the budget announced this late afternoon.

Dow and Europe are looking firm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: