Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports January 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports January 2013 Reply with quote

Dow closed +166 at 13104 on Mon. Fiscal cliff seems to be coming to an end. Dow's trend is levelling after a week of weakness. Dow's future is flat at the moment. Europe opened strongly up.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei closed. ShanghaiC +36 and Hangseng +655. STI closed +35 at 3202. Volume was a high of 5b shares.

Trend of STI is reversing up again.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, Oceanus +0.6, YHM +0.1, GeoEnergy +9, Innopac +1.4, GSH +0.5, Ipco +0.2, AdvSys +0.2, GoldenAgr +2.5, MemstarT +0.8.

Market opened up and continue to rally. However it closed off its high with a bit of profit taking. Gainers were 528 to 91. It was like the Capricorn Effect coming a bit too early, helped by the fiscal cliff being sidelined.

The strength of the market was a bit too much for a day. Hopefully it would continue for a while more.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe rebounded strongly last night. Dow +308 to close at 13413. Dow's trend is reversing up. Dow's future is now -20. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were up. Nikkei and Shanghai still closed. Hangseng +87. STI +23 at 3225. Volume was 5b shares.

Trend of STI is also turning up.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, Oceanus +0.3, NexGenCom +0.2, Aussino 3.6, Annica +0.6, GSH -0.1, GeoEnergy -1, YHM -0.1, GoldenAgr -2, EastGate -0.1.

Market was up on opening but profit taking came in quickly. It settled lower the whole day but remained positive. Some short coverings returned in the last hour to push the index back up to close +23. There were more gainers than losers on a ratio 3:2. Blue chips were firmer. Penny stocks were in rotational play with Myanmar a key factor. Aussino was +5c or 30% gain on news of it acquiring petrol station operator license in Myanmar. AsiaMed, Interra Res were also in play.

This is only the second day of play in the new year and the bouyant mood should last a while longer if all things remain stable. However, expect profit taking along the way after every push.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -21 at 13391. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now -6. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +293, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng -68. STI closed flat. Volume was 7.7b shares.

Trend of STI resuming its uptrend.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, Elextromotive +0.1, ICP +0.1, TTInt +1, Contel +1.2, Transcu +0.1, Ipco unchanged, Cedar +0.2, Innopac +1, GSH unchanged.

Our market was trading in a small range as far as index was concerned. Blue chips were slightly weaker. Quite good play in penny and speculative stocks with big volumes. Many penny stocks were net gainers. Overall gainers were 350 to 200 losers.

Operators were working very hard to play up penny stocks. The play is looking like it will last till the Chinese New Year. However, in order to sustain the uptrend, more retail players need to come into the market. If the play continues to be positive, this is likely to attract more retails that have been sidelined by a lousy market over the last years.

Europe and Dow are likely to consolidate their position for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +44 at 13435. Dow's trend is up, having done the golden crossing. Dow's future is now -33. Europe opened slightly weaker.

Asian bourses were slightly weaker. Nikkei -89, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng -1. STI -7 at 3218. Volume was 6.8b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Ipco +0.5, Innopac +2.1, YHM +0.1, HLH +0.2, Oceanus +0.4, Healthway +0.4, TopGlobal unchanged, Rowsley +0.5, GSH +0.3.

Market was up on opening but weaken towards the end. It closed at day low. Though the index was down, there were more gainers than losers at a ratio of 411:161. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks were active. There were some consolidation in some stocks, Rotational play was still in order.

Myanmar play was still active. China's penny stocks were also attracting interests.

Europe and Dow are looking a bit weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down slightly. Dow's trend is up but flattening. Dow's future is now -22. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -91, ShanghaiC -9, Hangseng -219. STI -13 at 3206. Volume was 5.9b shares.

Trend of STI is up but weakening. MACDs are cutting down.

Top volumes were YHM +0.3, Ipco unchanged, Oceanus +0.6, Compact unchanged, MDR unchanged, GSH +0.3, Olam R -4.1, GeoEnergy +4, Topglobal unchanged, Transcu +0.1.

Market opened up momentarily but slipped subsequently due to profit taking and fear that the run was looking for a correction. Selling got stronger in the afternoon with STI slipping 20 pts. Some short coverings at end of session pull the index from its bottom. Blue chips were mixed. Most penny stocks recovered to close flat or better. Rotational play still active. It has to go on rotating if the market is going to stay healthy till the Chinese New Year.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at this moment though slightly on the down side.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were weaker last night. Dow -55 at 13329. Dow's trend is flattening and looking like going down. Dow's future is now +24. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +71, ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng +107. STI closed +15 at 3220. Volume was 4.9b shares.

Trend of STI is flat at the moment.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.1, YHM +0.2, Memstar -0.1, MDR +0.1, Lereno unchanged, Informatics +0.2, Annica +0.3, TTInt +0.8, Aussino +4.2, NexGenCom -0.1.

Market opened flat but picked up steam in mid morning. Some speculatives were strongly supported, Ramba +8, Aussino +4.2. There were signs of nervousness in the afternoon following the big gains. Gainers were 401 to 158 losers. The retreat did not materialise and market closed at near day high.

Blue chips were slightly firmer. Penny and speculatives looked a bit overbought. Be prepared for a correction.

Dow and Europe are looking steady for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow was +62 at 13391. Dow's uptrend is still holding. Dow's future is now +18. Europe is slightly down on opening.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +74, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng +136. STI +6 at 3226. Volume was 4.6b shares.

Trend of STI is also holding up.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.3, YHM unchanged, MDR -0.1, Xpress +0.4, SingnXpress +0.1, TTInt +0.1, GMG +0.2, ChinaNTown +0.5, Armarda +0.1, Oceanus -0.1.

Market was marginally up in the morning but profit taking came in on the penny and speculatives in the afternoon. Market closed off its low. Though speculative trading has eased off slightly, the momentum is still firm. Hopefully any profit taking will not be too severe to derail the play tomorrow.

Blue chips were fairly steady today.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was up but closed down slightly. Dow opened down but recovered to close +81 at 13471. Dow's trend is starting to turn back up a bit. Dow's future is now -4. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +149, ShanghaiC -41, Hangseng -90. STI closed -14 at 3213. Volume was 5.4b shares.

Trend of STI is sliding down slightly.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.1, Cedar +0.2, NamCheong -2, Oceanus +0.2, YHM -0.1, GoldenAgr -2, AusGroup +5, SingXpress -0.1, MDR unchanged, Elektromotive unchanged.

Market opened flat but drifted down on profit taking. The selling was not severe and many managed to recover some grounds. There were still rotational play with some counters still making good gains on a Friday. Generally the market was mixed and firm. The play is looking good and the little pull back is healthy to prevent too much heat building up.

Europe and Dow are looking steady and without major upsets, the play could continue for a while yet.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed marginally up on Friday. Dow's trend is creeping up again. Dow's future is now +25. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei closed, ShanghaiC +69, Hangseng +149. STI closed -10 at 3207. Volume was 3.9b shares.

Trend of STI is drifting down.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, NewWave +0.2, YHM +0.1, Cedar unchanged, HLH +0.1, Synear +0.9, Aussino +3.5, TopGlobal unchanged, Elektromotive unchanged, SwingMedia +2.3.

Our market was hit by the property cooling measures and opened sharply down. It then recovered and managed to close at day high with a loss of only 10 pts. It was down 31 pts at opening. Banks and property stocks took the hit. However, penny and speculatives managed to hold on their own though the play was slightly dampened by this event.

Several speculatives and penny stocks still made gains which showed an underlying interest to keep the play going.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +19 at 13507. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is moving up gradually. Dow's future is now -25. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +78, ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng -32. STI closed -11 at 3196. Volume was 4.3b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down after the recent uptrend.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.1, Innopac +2.1, NexGenCom +0.2, Cedar unchanged, YHM -0.2, MDR -0.1, CarrierNet +0.1, CCFH +0.1, GeoEnergy -2, Oceanus -0.1.

Market opened up but drifted down on profit taking. Many penny and speculatives were in the red. Gainers were 174 to 390 losers. Blue chips were mixed. Property stocks were more stable but CityDev lost another 32c.

This is the first day of profit taking and hopefully it stabilises and does not continue to go down. It cannot afford to go down further if the market hopes to continue its play till the Chinese New Year.

China is still recovering which will help to ease any strong selling pressure.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at this moment.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +27 after opening down. It closed at 13534. Dow's trend is up but flattening. Dow's future is now -40. Europe opened down a little.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -279, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -25. STI closed +12 at 3209. Volume was 4b shares.

Trend of STI still down but today's gain is putting a brake to the fall.

Top volumes were Informatics +1.6, Innopac +1.7, ICP +0.1, Ipco -0.1, TTInt +1.3, Adventus +0.3, Yangzijiang -8, GoldenAgr -0.5, EuNetworks +0.1, GSH +0.2.

Market was in positive territory for most part of the day. Many would not have noticed a glitch or a momentary selldown after lunch when the index fell to a low of 3160 or down about 40 pts. It was a reminder of the sharp fall in Dow in 2005 or 2006. Fortunately nothing serious came out of it.

After two days of correction the penny and speculative stocks came back to life. It would be difficult if the syndicates continue to push the stocks down and many would have lost everything they made in the last few days. There were 265 gainers to 236 losers. Blue chips were mixed and property counters recovered some lost ground.

The penny and speculatives could be back in play if Dow and Europe behave tonight. Both are looking a bit weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 24 pts at 13511 last night. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is still up but looks like consolidating. Dow's future is now -14. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei +9, ShanghaiC -25, Hangseng -17. STI closed -13 at 3195. Volume was 5.3 shares.

Trend of STI is slipping down.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, Innopac +2, Ipco -0.1, ICP -0.1, Informatics -0.5, GoldenAgr -2, Oceanus +0.2, Contel +0.2, GMG +0.1, GSH -0.1.

Market opened positive but could not hold on to its gain. The fall in Export of 14% took the light out of the market. There were quite a bit of selling from late morning and the whole afternoon. Blue chips were steady and the index fell only 13 pts. If the index can hold around this level, then there is good possibility of more positive play ahead.

Gainers were 238 to 277 losers. Given the negative Export data, the market is actually holding very well. The syndicates could still play up the market if there is not big bad news in Dow or Europe. Today's darling was Innopac, up 2c.

There would be rotational play going ahead.

Dow and Europe are consolidating.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed positive last night. Dow +85 at 13596. Dow's trend continues to look up. Dow's future is now +10. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei +304, ShanghaiC +32, Hangseng +262. STI +16 at 3212. Volume was 5.2b shares.

Trend of STI is tilting back up though MACDs are still pointing down.

Top volumes were ICP + 0.2, YHM +0.6, Innopac +1.3, MDR unchanged, Ipco +0.1, ChinaTaisan +0.7, Logistics IPO 26.5, Europtron +0.3, GentingHK +2.5, IPC +0.1.

Market opened firmed but weakened slightly in early afternoon. It continues to move back up in line with regional markets to closed near day high on a Friday.
Blue chips were firm and speculatives continued to be in rotation play. GentingHK 2.5 and Gaylin +2.5, Interra Res also +2.5.

Many of the penny stocks that were in consolidation phase could see some revival next week.

Dow and Europe are looking steady and the strong performance in Asian markets contributed by better than expected economic data from China are likely to keep both Dow and Europe on a positive closing tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed firm on Friday, +54 at 13650. Dow's trend is up gently. Dow's future is now -13. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -166, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng -11. STI closed +10 at 3221. Volume was 5.6b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but breaking up.

Top volumes were ICP unchanged, YHM unchanged, Ipco unchanged, Hankore +0.4, Teledata +0.3, LifeBrandz +0.2, AdvSCT +0.2, ChinaNTown +0.9, Innopac 1.3, F&N +16.

Market opened cautiously and stayed positive the whole day though the index was up at max 15 pts. Blue chips were firmer while speculatives and pennies were mostly up. Gainers were 276 to 235 losers.

General market was firm despite the sharp fall in Nikkei which could have taken some steam out of the market. There is still good possibility of the market being active till the Chinese New Year.

Dow and Europe are steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYSE was closed last night. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -63. Europe is down on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -38, ShanghaiC -13, Hangseng +68. STI closed flat, -1 at 3220. Volume was 3.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.2, YHM -0.1, ICP unchanged, Oceanus +0.1, THBEV +1.5, Armarda +0.2, Plastoform +0.1, UPP +1, Teledata -0.3, F&N -19.

Market dipped slightly in early morning trading but recovered and stayed flat throughout the day. Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives continued with some shaking down and closed weaker. Volume was slightly lower than last week. Gainers were 187 to 333 losers.

Dow's future and Europe are looking weaker at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: