Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports December 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports December 2012 Reply with quote

Dow had a positive closing on Friday though only +4 at 13026. This keeps the uptrend intact. Dow's future is now +20 while Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were mixed but Hangseng fell quite sharply after an early gain. Nikkei +12, ShanghaiC -20, Hangseng -263. STI closed -4 at 3066. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI still up.

Top volumes were YHM +0.2, CPH -0.1, Yoma +4, ICP unchanged, GoldenAgr +0.5, Noble -2, ChinaTitan -0.1, Transcu unchanged, Innopac -0.3, Armarda +0.1.

Market was up in the morning but drifted to close near day low. Looks like traders were taking profit after last week's gains. Blue chips and speculatives were mixed. Yoma continued to climb, adding 4c.

Dow and Europe are likely to be positive.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe opened positive last night but ended at day low but with small losses. Dow -60 at 12966. Dow's uptrend is weakening. Dow's future is now +8 and Europe opened slightly on the positive side.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -26, ShanghaiC +15 and Hangseng +32. STI closed -4 at 3062. Volume was 2.5b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to weaken and another day of weakness could see a trend reversal.

Top volumes were HM +0.3, GeoEnergy +10.5, Olam +2.5, GoldenAgr -1, ChinaTitan -0.1, Yoma +1, Artivision +1.5, CCFH -0.2, MDR -0.1, Noble unchanged.

Another flat trading sessions. Blue chips were mixed but banks were marginally firmer. Olam went up to 1.71 before closing at 1.60 after the announcement of bonds and warrants rights. The battle between the two camps, for and against, are still evenly pitched. The big gainers today was Geo Energy, gaining 10.5c or 30% from 35c to 44.5c. Myanmar stocks were firmer led by Yoma. Yoma was up 4c at day high.

Europe and Dow are looking steady for tonight. A weak closing will see the trends going down for Dow..
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed stable with Dow -14 at 12951. Dow's trend is weakening. Dow's tuture is now +48. Europe has opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were up with Shanghai and Hangseng having a good rally. Nikkei +36, ShanghaiC +57, Hangseng +471. STI closed+12 at 3046. Volume of STI was 2.5b shares.

Trend of STI is up after today's gain.

Top volumes were YHM +0.2, GeoEnergy +1, WEHldgs -1.3, Ipco +0.1, Olam -9, HLH +0.2, GSH +0.2, GoldenAgr -1, Genting +0.5, TTInt +1.1.

Market opened flat but gained strength with Hangseng and Shanghai opening on the positive. The two bourses led the charge by chalking strong gains. STI ended with a strong closing. Blue chips and banks were big gainers. China related stocks were also beneficiaries of the good showing in Shanghai and Hangseng.

Olam continued to be under pressure and was down 10c. Looks like the bond issue is not doing it any good and the attack on the counter could continue as its defences are crumbling.

China's better PMI numbers could pull up Europe and Dow tonight. Both are looking positive at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow managed to closed firm after a weak opening. It was +83 at 13034. Trend of Dow is turning back up. Dow's future is now +6. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +76, ShanghaiC -3, Hangseng -21. STI closed +3 at 3078. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were YHM -0.1, MDR +0.1, ChinaMinzhong -10, Olam -6.5, GoldenAgr +0.5, NexGenSCom unchanged, GeoEnergy +0.5, THBev unchanged, ChinaTitan unchanged, Noble unchanged.

A day of directionless trading. Blue chips were mixed while banks were firmer. Speculatives were weaker. Olam continued to be sold down.

Europe and Dow are looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmer last night. Dow was up 40 at 13074. Dow's trend is looking up. Dow's future is now -14. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -18, ShanghaiC +33, Hangseng -59, STI closed +29 at 3107. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, Europtron +0.6, YHM -0.1, Transcu unchanged, GSH +0.4, GoldenAgr unchanged, SingTel +5, EuNetworks +0.1, GRP -0.5, GeoEnergy -1.

Market was up from opening and stayed that way for the whole day. Blue chips were big gainers particularly the banks. Penny and speculatives were also firmer. It looked like the Capricorn effect has arrived one month earlier and not going to be another one in January.

Europe is looking mixed at the moment while Dow's future is slightly down. For a Friday, it is looking pretty steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed slightly up on Friday. Dow +81 at 13155. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -11. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +6, ShanghaiC +22, Hangseng +86. STI closed +7 at 3114. Volume was 2.6b shares.

Trend of STI continues looking up.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Rowsley +4.2, HM unchanged, informatics +1, GoldenAgr +0.5, ChinaTitan -0.1, UPP +2, Blumont -7, Europtronic unchanged, Plastoform +0.3.

Market opened high but profit taking set in for blue chips. The STI ended at day low but still +7. Many blue chips gave up most of their gains while ending positive. Penny stocks were in play with Rowsley + 4c or 40% gain. Peter Lim related counters like Informatics also gained 1c. Penny stocks could still be in play tomorrow.

Dow and Europe are looking slightly weaker with fear of fiscal cliff affecting stocks. A sharp fall tonight could dampen the play in our market tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up. Dow +15 at 13170. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -7 while Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were flat. Nikkei -8, ShanghaiC -9, Hangseng +47. STI closed +4 at 3118. Volume was 2.7b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were YHM +0.1, Rowsley +0.1, MDR -0.1, Europtron +0.6, PFood +0.5, Oceanus +0.2, GoldenAgr +1.5, Informatics -0.1, TTInt +0.4, Kori, IPO at 28.5.

Market opened firm but slipped down to close just +4 at day low. Blue chips were much weaker and play was in penny stocks. Rowsley continued to swing up and down and closed +0.1.

Market looks a bit tired and needed a strong boost from Dow.

Europe and Dow are looking flat at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued on their run up. Dow +78 closing at 13248. Dow's trend is nicely up. Dow's future is now +12 and
Europe opened up again.

Asian bourses were up. Nikkei +56, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng +179. STI closed +20 at 3138. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top gainers were WE Holdg +1, YHM unchanged, Europtron +0.2, TTInt +1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Rowsley unchanged, MDR +0.1, Contel -0.1, Noble +3.5, SingTel unchanged.

The firm closings of Dow and in Europe gave our market the little boost it needed. Market was firmed most part of the day though it slipped to negative in late morning. Hangseng's strength in the afternoon lifted the index to positive territory and closed near day high.

Blue chips recovered. Selected penny stocks and speculatives were active but ended mostly flat. The play in penny stocks are swift and fast and can swing either way any time. Myanmar stocks were weaker.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -3 while Europe was up last night. Dow closed at 13245. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now +19. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +161, ShanghaiC -21 and Hangseng -58. STI closed firmed at 3156, +15. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI has been up for the a stretch of 4 weeks.

Top volumes were Digiland -0.1, YHM +0.1, WE Holdg unchanged, MDR -0.1, CarrierNet -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, GSH +0.1, ChinaTaisan +1.1, Genting +4, Noble +1.5.

Market was up on opening but dipped slightly before running up gradually throughout the day. It ended near day high with a gain of 15 pts.
Blue chips were up slightly. Some of the China penny stocks were in play. Such rotational play will go on as long as Dow/Europe are steady.

Europe is looking like pulling back after last night's gains. Dow's future is positive at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -75 at 13171. Dow's trend is up but starting to level. Dow's future is now +32 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed but ShanghaiC closed very firm, +89. Hangseng also +160 but Nikkei -5. STI closed +12 at 3168. Volume was 2.4b shares.

STI's trend continues up.

Top volumes were TTInt +3, ChinaTaisan +0.5, Contel +0.3, Foreland +1, YHM -0.1, Rowsley +0.6, Noble +2, ChinaPaper +1, Genting +2.5, GemsTV +0.3.

Market opened flat but made gains following Hangseng and Shanghai's good showing. It closed at day high which was very good for a Friday. Blue chips were slightly firmer while penny stocks continued to be active. TTInt +3. Genting also continued to recover and added 2.5c.

Sentiment was good.

Europe opened up and Dow's future is looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow closed mixed on Friday. Dow was -35 at 13135. Trend of Dow is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now +20. Europe opened looking a bit weak.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +91, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng -92. STI closed -15 at 3153. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is up. Today is the first fall after a month long uptrend.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, TTInt -0.5, Hankore +0.6, YHM unchanged, Cedar unchanged, GeoEnergy +0.5, Rowsley -0.1, THBev +1.5, Genting -1, Vallianz -0.1.

Market was steady for an hour or so but drifted down subsequently to close at day low. However, some short coverings during matching period caused it to end -10.

Blue chips and banks were slightly weaker. So were the penny and speculatives with more losers than gainers. Could see some consolidation in the next few days.

Dow's trend is turning down but Dow's future is at the moment +20. Europe also opened mixed.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +100 and Europe closed mixed. Dow's trend is holding on from sliding down. Dow's future is now +29. Europe has opened firm.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +94, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng -19. STI -2 at 3157. Volume was 2.7b shares.

Trend of STI is still up but levelling.

Top volumes were YHM +0.1, Cedar +0.1, Olam +8, GeoEnergy +6, Innopac +0.3, MDR -0.1, TCIL +3, Rowsley unchanged, GSH +0.1, WE Holdg +0.1.

Market was up in the morning but weaker in the afternoon. It closed at day low at -2. Overall there were more gainers than losers. Blue chips were mostly up except for a few property counters of the Capital and Keppel stables.

Penny and speculatives were active and selected stocks made good gains. Olam rebounded 8c. It was high at +12.5. Myanmar stocks were firmer.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +116 at 13351. Trend of Dow is back to up. Dow's future is now flat. Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei +237, ShanghaiC flat, Hangseng +129. STI closed +2 at 3159. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were Digiland -0.1, YHM -0.1, GeoEnergy unchanged, GoldenAgr -1, Olam +6.5, Noble +3, Yoma +1.5, Rowsley -0.2, WE Hldg +1.5, Cedar -0.1.

Market opened up but profit taking came in. Though there were some play in speculatives and penny stocks, most ended flat or gave up their gains. Blue chips were firm but properties were weaker. This could be the first sign of a general weakness in the property market with the gluts starting to weigh on properties.

Blumont and GeoEnergy made good gains but closed flat. TopGlobal has been stagnant for a very long time and appears to be stirring with the AGM tomorrow on its impending transfer to main board.

The fear of a fiscal cliff appears to be easing. Europe and Dow could be steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 99 pts at 13252 while Europe were slightly up. Dow's uptrend is still holding . Dow's future is now -25 while Europe marginally down on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -121, ShanghaiC +6 and Hangseng +36. STI closed +17 at 3176. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is levelling.

Top volumes were Digiland +0.1, HLH +0.1, Transcu +0.1, GeoEnergy -1.5, YHM unchanged, Wilmar +10, Olam +2, Federal unchanged, Noble -1, ChinaTaisan unchanged.

Market traded relatively flat in the morning as if a correction was on the card. It strengthened in the afternoon to close at day high. This could be a sign of some consolidation over the last 4 sessions. Gainers and losers were quite even, Blue chips were mixed. Speculatives fared slightly better. Olam gained another 2c after yesterday's disclosure that Temasek had increased its stake to 17%. The counter is likely to stay firm till ex rights on 27 Dec.

Dow and Europe are looking a bit weaker at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up 60 at 13312 last night while Europe was slightly up. Dow's trend is flattening. Dow's future is now -151 while Europe opened slightly down. Dow's future was earlier down more than 200 pts.

Asian bourses were mostly down but no panic. Nikkei -99, ShanghaiC -15, Hangseng -153. STI closed -15 at 3161. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Top volumes were YHM -0.1, Informatics +0.5, InterraRes +1.5, Noble -1, GeoEnergy +0.5, MDR -0.1, TTInt -0.1, STXOSV -10, Olam -0.5, EuNetworks -0.1.

Market opened up but fell quickly and closed -12 under pressure from fiscal cliff problem in the US. The Republicans are still pressuring Obama for a deal. However, given a Friday, the -12 pts can be considered very good. Other Asian markets too held quite steady while Dow is expected to down 1.3% tonight. But this could change when a deal is struck.

There are more losers than gainers with blue chips mostly weaker. Penny stocks and speculatives were not spared but no sharp falls. STXOSV fell 10c due to the take over price which was below market.

Europe also opened fairly steady, down slightly while everyone is staring at Dow's future, now -151.

Hope there is some agreement over the weekend on the fiscal cliff and Dow could end firm for the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: