Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports November 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports November 2012 Reply with quote

US market will be opened tonight. Dow's future is now +51. Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were more on the positive side. Nikkei +86, ShanghaiC +6.5, Hangseng +213. STI closed flat at 3038. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking down but looking steady.

Top volumes were YHM -0.3, GoldenAgr -1, ICP unchanged, MDR unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Transcu -0.1, CCFH +1.9, Singtel -1, Religare +0.5, Noble +1.5.

Though regional bourses were mostly positive, STI closed flat after staying in negative territory for the most part of the day. Overall market was mixed. There was expectation of some window dressing but this did not seem to take place at all.

Index wise market is looking like consolidating at this level. With Europe up and Dow's future looking positive, hopefully a firm closing at Dow could give our market a little push tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe made good gains last night. Dow closed +136 at 13233. Dow's trend has broken from the short term downtrend. It is looking strong for a rebound. Dow's future is now -12. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +104, ShanghaiC +13, Hangseng +289. STI closed+14 at 3041. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is down but with today's positive closing is looking steady.

Top volumes were YHM unchanged, GoldenAgr +0.5, CCFH -0.2, Oceanus +0.2, Genting -3, THBev unchanged, Noble +3.5, Yoma +3, SwingMedia unchanged, Transcu +0.1.

The good showing at Dow last night gave a little lift to the weak market here. Market opened up and stayed positive for the whole session but closed at day low with a 14 pts gain. The weekend could be the reason why it was sold down by short term traders.

Blue chips were mostly positive but the gains were small. Penny stocks and speculatives were firmer but market volume was still very small.

The news of China's PMI improving was positive and Europe and Dow should close steady tonight for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday was a big disappointment for Dow after a good recovery on Thursday. Dow opened up but ended -139 at 13093. Dow's trend was looking like turning up but ended looking down again. Dow's future is now +9 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -44, ShanghaiC -3, Hangseng -105. STI closed -8 at 3033. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were YHM +0.4, Oceanus +0.4, Teledata +0.4, Contel -0.2, GoldenAgr -0.5, Genting -0.5, Transcu -0.1, Noble -1, GSH -0.2, LionGold -1.

Market opened down but steady. It closed off its low with a small loss of 8 pts. 50% of trading volume was chalked up by the top 3 penny stocks. Blue chips were mostly down when speculatives were mixed.

Sometimes one wonders whether there is a stockmarket. Everything looks so unreal.

The US and European markets are probably going to trade sideways and waiting for the outcome of the Presidential Election. Europe is looking slightly weaken when Dow's future is slightly on the plus side.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow barely stayed positive, closing +19 at 13112. Europe was also flat. Dow's trend is flattening and may be looking for a turn upwards. Dow's future is now +6. Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -32, ShanghaiC -8, Hangseng -62. STI closed-12 at 3019 at day low. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is drifting down but steady.

Top volumes were YHM -0.2, Transcu +0.2, GoldenAgr -0.5, Oceanus +0.1, SembMar -28, Noble -1, HPHTrust -2.5, Ausgroup +3.5, Contel +0.2, GeoEnergy -1.5.

Market opened slightly down and remained that way most of the day. Blue chips were mixed but oil rig related stocks were sharply lower. Penny and speculatives were mixed as well. The US election could give a boost after the result is announced as both candidates are unlikely to create earth shakening news. Only fear is the right wing tendency of Romney that could spark more tensions after he wins, if he wins.

Dow's future and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firmer last night. Dow +133 at 13246. Trend of Dow is starting to turn up. Dow's future is now +37. Europe opened positive.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -2, ShanghaiC unchanged, Hangseng +155. STI closed +24 at 3043. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is seeing a break up from the recent falls.

Top volumes were Transcu -0.2, YHM +0.1, GoldenAgr +1.5, Artivision unchanged, Oceanus -0.3, Genting -1, GeoEnergy +0.5, Yangzijiang+3, Noble +1.5, Capitaland +9.

Market opened cautiously and moved up after news of Obama victory in the Presidential Election. Blue chips were much stronger and the whole market were up. Gainers were twice as many as losers. Market was also more active with speculatives seeing more interests.

Dow and Europe are looking good tonight. A good closing can expected to give some stimulus for some play to continue tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe turned sharply down last night. Dow -313 closing at 12933. Dow's trend is still slipping down. Down's future is now +44 and Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were hurt by Dow's plunge and were mostly down. Nikkei -136, ShanghaiC -34, Hangseng -533. STI closed off its low at 3012, -31. Volume was 2b shares.

STI's trend failed to resume its turnaround and is looking down again.

Top volumes were HM +0.1, GoldenAgr -1, Transcu unchanged, MDR +0.1, Contel -0.1, Elektromotive +0.1, Genting -2, Noble -2, THBev -0.5, Singtel -3.

The sharp fall in Dow was too much and STI opened down and went further down before recovering a little to close off its low. The 532 pts fall in Hangseng was quite jittery too. On the plus side, our market was steady and did not fall as much as expected.

Blue chips were the main losers while speculatives and penny stocks remained fairly steady.

The fall at Dow could see some technical rebound tonight as there was no real reason to lose 300 pts. It was a case of oversold. Dow's future and Europe are looking firmer at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rebound last night and Dow ended -121 at 12811. Dow's trend is going down but 12800 should be some support. It might hit this tonight before a technical rebound after losing 500 pts in two sessions. Dow's future is now -4 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -80, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng -183. STI closed off its opening low at 3010, -3. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is down but 3000 is a possible support level. Failing this 2980 should hold.

Top volumes were Noble -10, YHM unchanged, GoldenAgri unchanged, Transcu -0.1, Genting -2.5, Tee +3, Wilmar +5, electromotive -0.1, THBev -0.5.

Market opened down but managed to crawl back to close losing only 3 pts. Blue chips were quite steady but speculatives and pennies were weaker. Given a Friday and sharp losses in New York and Hongkong, our market was holding quite well.

Chartwise both Dow and STI are looking down but looking at the next support level. The selling in New York was too fast and unless there is a serious problem, some buying could come back to night.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow managed to stay positive on Friday, +4 at 12815. Dow's trend is still down. Dow's future at the moment is marginally up. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -81, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng +46. STI closed nearly flat, -2 at 3008. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is down but looks like levelling.

Top volumes were YHM +0.8, ICP unchanged, Transcu unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Noble -1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Ausgroup +2, SkyOne unchanged, TeeIntl -0.5, Genting unchanged.

A quiet and mixed market with the indices struggling to stay positive. The holiday tomorrow kept the market in a directionless mood with no interest to play either way.

Europe and Dow are also looking tired and may not be moving much tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow managed to stay positive on Friday, +4 at 12815. Dow's trend is still down. Dow's future at the moment is marginally up. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -81, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng +46. STI closed nearly flat, -2 at 3008. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is down but looks like levelling.

Top volumes were YHM +0.8, ICP unchanged, Transcu unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Noble -1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Ausgroup +2, SkyOne unchanged, TeeIntl -0.5, Genting unchanged.

A quiet and mixed market with the indices struggling to stay positive. The holiday tomorrow kept the market in a directionless mood with no interest to play either way.

Europe and Dow are also looking tired and may not be moving much tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow tumbled 185 pts to close at 12571. Europe also down. Trend of Dow is down and looking weak after breaking support. Dow's future is now +22. Europe also opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down with Nikkei an exception. Nikkei +165, ShanghaiC -25, Hangseng -333. STI -32 at 2946. Volume was 2.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were YHM -0.5, ICP -0.1, Oceanus +0.2, Xpress -0.3, GoldenAgr unchanged, Noble -0.3, Transcu -0.1, EcoWise -0.4, Genting -0.5, Lereno unchanged.

Another weak day for the market. There was some light when Nikkei opened firmly up. This could not withstand the sharp fall in Hangseng that went down further in late afternoon. Hangseng closed at day low, down 333 pts. STI fell further to close near day low.

There was quite a bit of selling with volume increased to nearly 3b shares. Losers gainers ratio was 4:1.

The chart is looking unhealthy at this moment. Both Dow and STI have been on a down trend for about a month. Today is the sharpest drop for STI. Both bourses are looking quite oversold.

There could be some technical bounce back soon but generally the uncertainties are all negative.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow slipped a bit further and closed at 12542, -29. Europe were also down. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +11. Europe opened up slightly.

Asian bourses were mixed but Nikkei continued its run, +194. ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng +50. STI closed flat at 2946. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is down and looking like flattening.

Top volumes were Noble +1, YHM +0.1, GoldenAgr -1.5, Xpress+0.2, WE Hldgs +0.8, STXOSV -7.5, Elektromotive +0.1, ICP unchanged, InterraRes +1, Transcu +0.1.

Market opened down but rebounded to positive territory for most part of the day. It ended flat on post closing matching trades. After the shelling over the last 3 days, the market is looking for a technical rebound.

There were slightly more gainers than losers. Blue chips were mixed but speculatives fared a bit better.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow ended the week on a positive note after two weeks of downs. It closed +46 at 12588. Trend of Dow is down but levelling. Dow's future is now +50 and Europe up strongly at this moment.

Asian bourses were cautiously up. Nikkei +129, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng +103. STI ended +5 at 2951. It closed at +11 but lost a few points during matching. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is showing first positive sign of reversing the down trend.

Top volumes were YHM +0.5, Noble +0.2, GSH +1.3, GeoEnergy unchanged, WE Hldg +0.3, Transcu +0.1, Genting +1, Vallianz +0.6, Oceanus unchanged, GoldenAgr unchanged.

Market was steady and stayed marginally positive throughout the day. Blue chips and speculatives were mixed. Some penny stocks were showing more interests. Yoma has proposed a rights issue of 1:4 to build an iconic huge hotel cum shopping complex in Yangon. This would create some mixed feelings over Myanmar stocks tomorrow.

Dow and Europe are looking for a rebound tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow bounced up strongly last night. Dow closed +208 at 12796. Dow's trend is starting to turn around. Dow's future is now -13 and Europe also opened down marginally.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -11, ShanghaiC -8, Hangseng -34. STI closed +8 at 2959, off its high at 2973. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were YHM -0.1, Transcu +0.1, Contel +0.5, Olam -13, Oceanus +0.1, GSH -0.2, Yoma +0.7, Noble -2, GoldenAgr +1, Ntegrator +0.1.

The strong closing was expected to give our market a lift today. But this was dampened by the downgrading of France and also the claim by Muddy Water of accounting irregularity in Olam. Market still opened up but with little strength. It ended near its day low with only a gain of 8 pts.

Blue chips fared better but speculatives were mixed, Myanmar stocks were firmer as well despite expectation of selling of Yoma after news of another rights issue. Instead, Yoma did the reverse to close +7 pts.

After the recent down trend our market is staged for a little recovery.

Dow and Europe could consolidate tonight after yesterday's gain.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was up last night while Dow consolidated its position at 12789, -7. Dow's trend is turning up and another day of gain could see a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -9. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +80, ShanghaiC +21, Hangseng +296. STI was barely up, closing at 2960, +1. Volumes was 2.2b shares.

Trend is STI is looking to turn up.

Top volumes were YHM +0.4, Olam +8.5, Yoma +4.5, Transcu unchanged, Noble unchanged, THBev unchanged, GoldenAgr Unchanged, GeoEnergy -0.5, Contel -0.1, InterraRes unchanged.

Our market was slightly up for the whole day. Trading was dominated by the continuing battle in Olam. Yoma also gained another 4.5c but other Myanmar stocks were flat. Blue chips were mixed. Ezion is continuing to run up gaining 6.5c.

Dow and Europe are looking mixed at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Dow and Europe were higher last night. Dow closed +48 at 12837. Dow's trend is moving up nicely. Dow's future is now +22. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei +144, ShanghaiC -15, Hangseng +219. STI closed +28 at 988. Volume crossed the 3b shares mark.

Trend of STI is firming up as well after 4 days of gains.

Top volumes were YHM +0.3, ChinaTitan +0.4, WEHoldg +2.9, Xpress +0.3, Contel +0.3, Noble +1.5, AdvSCT +0.3, Artivision +1, Transcu unchanged, Teledata +0.1.

Market was firm today with more buyers in blue chips. Olam continued to be in play and ended -1. Yoma also retreated 1.5 after hitting a high of 69.5. There was a slight improvement in trading activities but still mostly done by the computers.

Europe is looking good while Dow will be off for Thanksgiving tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: