Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports October 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Daily reports October 2012 Reply with quote

Dow was slightly weaker on Friday, closing -48 at 13437. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +63. Europe opened very firm.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -74. Shanghai and Hongkong were closed for holidays. STI closed -3 at 3058. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Ntegrator +1.1, Ausgroup +7, Yoma +3.5, GoldenAgr unchanged, THBev -0.5, Ipco +1, UPP +2.5, GSH -0.1, InterraRes +1.5, Qingmei +0.4.

Market opened flat but dipped into negative for the most part of the day. It only came back to life in late afternoon when Europe opened strongly. Market recovered most of its losses to close -2.

Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives were active and many chalked up gains. Myanmar stocks continued to be of interest. Ausgroup made impressive gains of 7c.

The strength in Europe and Dow's future at the moment look very healthy. There is still the lingering Sino Jap island dispute in the air though both sides are treading very carefully not to blow it up in something serious.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up but closed off their highs. Dow closed at 13515, +78. Dow's trend is still down but flattening. Dow's future is now +23. Europe opened down but has turned positive at the moment.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -10, Shanghai and Hangseng were closed for holidays. STI closed +21 at 3079. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is start to reverse up.

Top volumes were Ntegrator -0.2, Contel +0.6, Ausgroup -4, Yoma +0.5, InterraRes +0.5, Ipco -0.1, THBev -0.5, Aussino unchanged, GSH -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5.

Market opened flat but moved up cautiously throughout the day. Blue chips were firmer. Speculatives were up but saw some profit takings to close mixed. Myanmar stocks were active but closed off their highs.

Europe is strengthening at the moment and looks like Dow is likely to continue its gain tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly down last night. Dow closed -33 at 13482. Trend of Dow is flat. Dow's future is now -27. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -39, Hangseng +48. Shanghai still closed. STI closed -2 at 3077. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is pointing slightly up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -2, Contel +0.5, GSH unchanged, Oceanus +0.2, Ausgroup +0.5, NexGen unchanged, RafflesEdu +2.5, Jason Parquet +0.5, Noble -3.5, Equation unchanged.

Market opened flat and drifted down throughout the day. Hangseng's early gain evaporated but still closed +48. Our market was thus directionless. It only recovered some ground in late afternoon when Europe firmed up slightly but opening down.

Blue chips were mixed. Myanmar stocks were flat but managed to stay green. Penny stocks were still active with rotational play.

Dow and Europe are looking flat at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were marginally up last night. Dow's trend is slipping down. Dow's future is +32 and Europe opened up but is down at the moment.

Asian bourses were firmer. Nikkei +78, Shanghai closed and Hangseng +20. STI closed +4 at 3081. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is inching up.

Top volumes were Contel +0.3, Yoma +2.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, THBev +1, NamCheong +2, InterraRes +1.5, AusGroup +1, Oceanus -0.2, Rowsley +0.4, UPP +1.5.

Market was sideway most of the day. It closed slightly firmer with Europe looking steady and Dow's future in the positive.

Blue chips were firmer but play was in the penny stocks and speculatives. Myanmar stocks continued to be pushed up but closed off their day high. Kreuz is also firming up with its debut in the mainboard on Monday. Ausgroup was also very active.

Market should be active as long as Europe and Dow did not swing down too wildly. They are both looking steady for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmer last night.. Dow closed +81 at 13575. Trend of Dow is down but MACDs are flattening. Dow's future is now +6 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly higher. Nikkei +39, Shanghai closed and Hangseng +104. STI closed +21 at 3108. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +1.5, Kreuz +1, HPH Trust +3, Singtel unchanged, Contel -0.1, Artivision +1, Noble +2.5, Yoma +0.5, TeeIntl +1.5, Ntegrator -0.2.

Another quite day with low volumes. Market opened flat but crawled its way to close +21. Blue chips were mixed. Myanmar stocks took a breather probably affected by the news that property/land prices were not cheap in the country. Some profit taking for the weekend saw speculatives closed lower at the end of the day.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow both closed firm on Friday. Dow closed +35 at 13610. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now -46. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei +39, ShanghaiC -12, Hangseng -188. STI closed -31 at 3077. Volume was 2b shares.

Short term trend of STI has broken from the current run up.

Top volumes were Transcu -3.5, VizBranz +2, SkyOne +0.5, GoldenAgr -1, THBev -0.5, Ntegrator -0.4, Xpress -0.5, Aussino -0.8, GSH -0.2, Ipco -0.1.

Market opened flat but fell all the way to near day low, -31 pts. Blue chips were mostly in the red led by banks and properties. Hangseng and China were down followed by more selling when Europe opened sharply down. Most counters ended in the red.

The positive STI trend is looking to turn back down.

Europe and Dow are not looking good at the moment. The only light is Dow as the trend is just turning up.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Europe and Dow dipped slightly last night. Dow was -27 closing at 13584. Both were showing signs of a big drop. Dow's trend failed to do a golden crossing and is now looking flat. Dow's future at the moment is +29. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses opened mixed with many reversing their fortunes from yesterday. Nikkei -84, ShanghaiC +40, Hangseng +205. STI closed -11 at 3066. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is slipping down again.

Top volumes were Transcu +0.8, Sunmoon unchanged, Goldtron +0.1, GSH -0.2, GoldenAgr unchanged, Contel +0.1, NamCheong +1, Singtel unchanged, Memstar +0.3, Noble unchanged.

Market was steady in the morning and was up as regional bourses were firmer. It started to show signs of weakness after lunch and fell when Europe opened weak. Hangseng also closed lower but still up. There was quite a bit of sell down.

Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives were sold down.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment and a recovery could still be possible tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -110 at 13474. Dow's trend is going down. Dow's future is now -10. Europe opened slightly on the positive side.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -173, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng -18. STI closed -26 at 3040. Volume was1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down.

Top volumes were Transcu -0.2, THBev +2, Sunmoon unchanged, GoldenAgr unchanged, Noble +1, AusGroup +1, Ntegrator +0.2, GSH -0.3, Yoma +0.5, SingXpress +0.1.

Market was weak on opening given the fall in Dow and the continued negative news on the world economy. Hangseng managed to recover most of its losses. European bourses were steady on opening. The market saw some short covering especially among the speculatives. Myanmar stocks were also better.

Blue chips were still weak.

Europe and Dow are looking steady and there are signs of a positive closing at this point in time. This is badly needed for our market to stage a recovery after 3 days of sharp falls.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -129 at 13345. Trend of Dow is down, Dow's future is now flat and Europe has opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -49, ShanghaiC -17, Hangseng +79. STI closed flat, -1 at 3033. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Transcu +0.1, NamCheong +2, THBev unchanged, Singtel -4, Ntegrator +0.2, GoldenAgr unchanged, Contel +0.2, Ipco +0.1, Olam -6, Yangzijiang -1.

Market was flat most of the day but started to recover after Hangseng turned positive in late afternoon. Europe also opened positive and led to a bit of buying and shortcovering. Blue chips were weaker but penny and speculatives were slightly firmer.

After three days of falls, our market is looking like consolidating at this level and showing signs of rebounding.

Dow also had three days of sharp falls and a possible technical rebound is on the card tonight. With Europe firming up, this is looking very likely.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was firmly up last night but Dow turned negative closing -19 at 13326. Dow's trend is down but may be levelling. Dow's future is now +18. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -13, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng +123. STI is now at +14 at 3046. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Short term trend of STI is starting to turn back up.

Our market was trying to make a recovery but kept being swayed by the swings at Hangseng. Fortunately Hangseng closed positive and giving no reason for the shortist to sell down. It is quite a firm closing for a week end and the second day of recovery.

Europe and Dow are steady at this moment and are likely to behave well.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed flat on Friday, +2 at 13329. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +45. Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +44, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng +12. STI closed +5 at 3047. Volume was a low of 1.2b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but breaking the last week's fall.

Top volumes were Synear +0.9, GoldenAgr -0.5, Transcu -0.1, CourtsAsia, IPO closed at 78.8, HPHTrust +1, Noble -0.5, SingXpress +0.1, THBev +0.5, GSH +0.1, LionGold +0.5.

Market opened slightly down but closed marginally up. Overall market was mixed with low activity likely contributed by the relocation of DBSVickers to MBFC today. Most remisiers and dealers would be busy trying to settle down to the new office.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were all up with Dow +95 at 13424. Dow is breaking from its 5 days of fall. Trend is levelling. Dow's future is now +9 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly on the positive side. Nikkei +123, ShanghaiC flat and Hangseng +59. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but attempting to move back up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.2, Transcu +0.1, GoldenAgr unchanged, HPHTrust +0.5, Synear +0.4, Noble +1.5, SkyOne unchanged, LionGold +0.5, NOL +6, Singtel +2.

Despite the firmer closing in Europe and Dow our market was listless and uneventful. Though there were slightly more gainers than losers, the market closed marginally up. Speculatives were flat.

Europe and Dow are looking steady tonight. There is really nothing about our market except waiting for the funds to play whichever way they want. We are in another state of lull. Hopefully Dow could recover strongly and see if this would give reason for the speculators to start playing.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were both up. Dow +128 at 13552. Dow's short term trend is turning up. Dow's future is now -5. Europe opened slightly positive.

Asian bourses were mostly positive. Nikkei +105, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng +210. STI closed -1 at 3046. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI looking down a bit.

Top volumes were YHM +0.3, Transcu -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Noble +1.5, THBev unchanged, Digiland unchanged, NOL unchanged, HPHTrust +2, Artivision +1, Singtel unchanged.

Our market was up on opening but drifted down throughout the day to close at day low, -1. The early gains were wiped out during matching time. Gainers and losers were fairly equal.

It was another day of quiet trading though the volume was looking at 2b shares. Many stocks were trading sideways. Despite the sign of Dow making a recovery our market was simply directionless.

Europe and Dow are looking flat tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly down last night. Dow -8 at 13549. Dow's trend is attempting to do a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -17 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +20, ShanghaiC -3, Hangseng +33. STI closed -11 at 3049. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GeoEnergy, IPO closing at 43.5, Religare IPO closing at 81, THBev +2, MDR unchanged, SingXpress +0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, YHM unchanged, AsiaPower -0.1, Oceanus -0.3, Contel -0.4.

Market was flat and dominated by play on the two IPOs, GeoEnergy and Religare. The former gained 11.5c and later down 9c. There were more losers than gainers. The weekend could cause many traders to close their positions leading to more sellings.

Dow and Europe are looking slightly weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow made a dive on Friday to close -205 at 13344. This prevented a golden crossing and the MACD turned back down. Trend is weakening. Dow's future is now +44. Europe opened down slightly but is turning back up.

Asian bourses all opened down as expected but many closed positive. Nikkei +8, ShanghaiC +4, Hangseng +146. STI closed flat after a weak opening. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GeoEnergy +0.5, Religare +2, Yoma +3.5, YHM unchanged, Ntegrator Unchanged, GoldenAgr +0.5, THBev +0.5, Oceanus -0.2, InterraRes +2, Contel -0.2.

Our market dipped on opening and made a surprise recovery as were other Asian bourses. Many counters turned from red to black. Interest in Myanmar shares returned and saw some strong buying to see Yoma +3.5 and InterraRes +2. This is very positive given the weak market and Dow's sharp fall.

Dow is looking strong for tonight and Europe is turning positive now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: