Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Sep 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports Sep 2012 Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm on Friday. Dow was +90 at 13091. Dow's trend is down but levelling . Dow's future is now +5. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -56, ShanghaiC -12, Hangseng +77. STI closed -4 at 3022. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is also levelling though down.

Top volumes were Elektromotive -0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, AdvSct -0.1, InnoPac +0.3, TopGlobal unchanged, LionGold +0.5, Artivision +2, CCFH +2.2, Noble +1, Olam -1.

Another very quite day despite the good closing at Dow. The market is marked by inactivity. Blue chips were mixed while penny and speculatives were sideways.

At the rate it is going, soon volume will go below 1b shares which is extremely bad. Looks like computers are refusing to trade as well.

Europe and Dow's future are slightly firmer at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was closed last night. Europe were mostly up. Dow's future is now +29 while Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -8, ShanghaiC -15, Hangseng -129. STI closed -6 at 3012. Volume was 1.3b shares.

STI trend is gently down and flattening.

Top volumes were GSH +0.8, MDR +0.1, CCFH+1.1, TopGlobal unchanged, TTInt +0.2, Elektromotive unchanged, Lantrovis -0.1, Goldtron -0.1, HPHTrust -0.5, Noble -1.5.

Market opened up but with no interest it started to slide down all the way to close at day low. It was another quiet day with low trading interest. Blue chips were weaker while speculatives were mixed.

Looks like it is time to ask for the reinstatement of lunch break. After all the plot to have continuous trading was to have higher trading volumes. Now the volume actually went down and make nonsense out of the no lunch break change.

Europe opened slightly down. Dow's future is positive now and should be ok tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up and down but closed off its low at 13096, -55. Trend of Dow is flattening. Dow's future is now -57 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -96, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng -285. STI -16 at 2996. Volume was 1.45b shares.

Trend of STI is drifting down.

Top volumes were MDevt +0.1, Sakari unchanged, Noble _2.5, GSH unchanged, CCFH -0.4, GoldenAgr -1, Genting -1.5, THBev unchanged, IPC +0.2, Elektromotive unchanged.

Another bad day when losers out numbered gainers. Blue chips and banks were down.
STI closed off its low at 2986. STI broke the 3000 level but made it back at 2996. Hopefully this is a support level.

Dow and Europe are looking weaker at this moment. Would there be any positive news from Europe or US to night?
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were mixed but steady last night. Dow +11.5 at 13047. Dow's trend is levelling. Dow's future is now +66. Europe opened strongly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +1, ShanghaiC +14, Hangseng +64. STI -7 at 2989. Volume was 1.2b shares.

Trend of STI is still down.

Top volumes were Goldtron unchanged, THBev +1, Genting -1.5, Noble +2.5, Sakari unchanged, HPHTrust unchanged, GSH +1, CCFH +0.2, IPC +0.1, Yoma +1.5.

Market opened steady but fell when Hangseng fell. It ended up on closing when Europe opened strongly on news of ECB intervention in bond buying. Blue chips were mixed but banks recovered after two days of losses. Penny stocks and speculatives were firmer on late buying in anticipation of a strong Dow tonight.

Dow and Europe are looking very good at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big rally in Europe and Dow after announcement of ECB buying European bonds. Dow closed +245 at 13292. Dow's trend is making a turn with MACD attempting to cut upwards. Dow's future is now +26. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses mostly rallied. Nikkei +191, ShanghaiC +76, Hangseng +593. STI closed +22 at 3012. Volume a miserable 1.75b shares.

Trend of STI is breaking up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -3, Noble +4, THBev unchanged, Midas +2.5, GSH unchanged, HPHTrust +0.5, Ezion +9, NOL +3.5, Olam +5, LionGold +0.5.

While most markets were running up, our market remained like a zombie. It added only 22 pts and with a volume of only 1.75b shares. What this implies is that the retail traders are hardly back in the market and it is only the computers doing most of the trading. GoldenAgri's loss was due to the issuing of bonds.

The gainers were across the board and hopefully it will continue as other markets are showing a recovery. Dow and Europe are looking likely to continue their gains though a Friday could see some profit taking at the end of the day.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow closed steady on Friday to hold on to the big gains on Thurs. Dow +15 at 13307. Dow is seeing a trend reversal and on the uptrend again. Dow's future is now -33 whil eEurope opened flat and marginally on the weak side.

Asian bourses were up slightly. Nikkei -2, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng +25. STI closed -3 at 3009. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is poised to turn up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +1, Midas +1.5, Noble +1, Elektromotive +0.1, HLH +0.1, Yoma +0.5, Contel -0.6, GSH -0.1, LionGold -0.5, Olam +3.

Market opened up but closed slightly down and at day low. The early buying with some positive calls on GoldenAgr and Midas did not see follow through buying. Some profit taking took place when Hangseng lost its early gains. Blue chips were mixed.

There were expectations of some positive intervention from Fed to fuel hope for a more positive market. Dow's future at the moment is slightly down while Europe is flat.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were positive in early trading but closed slightly down. Dow -52 at 13269. Dow's trend is still up despite the small pullback last night. Dow's future is now +32. Europe opened a bit weak.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -61, ShanghaiC -14, Hangseng +31. STI closed +8 at 3016. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is breaking up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -1, Genting +2.5, Equation +0.1, GSH +0.1, CCFH -1.1, Noble +0.5, GentingHK unchanged, Blumont +0.4, HLH unchanged, Contel -0.1.

Market opened weak after Dow's dip at the end of the session. Hangseng was also negative and market continued to drift in the negative territory. Hangseng recovered in late afternoon and our market saw a little buying to close +8.

Sentiment was firm and blue chips and banks were firmer. Speculatives were also slightly firmer.

Europe opened slightly on the down side but Dow's future is now +32. The expectation of some positive news from Fed is still there and tonight is looking ok.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentiments in Europe and US were better and Dow closed +69 at 13323. Dow's trend is up and Dow's future is now +61. Europe opened firmly up.

A small rally in Asia, Nikkei +153, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng +218. STI closed +13 at 3030. Volume inched up a little to 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.1, GoldenAgr +0.5, Noble +2.5, Yoma +2, GMG +0.2, NamCheong+1, Genting +1, YHM -0.1, Blumont +0.1, DynaMac +2.

With Europe and US expecting more positive news from ECB and Fed, Asian markets were mostly up. Our market were firm for the day. Blue chips were up and more interest were shown in second liners. Yoma also started to move after being sidelined for a while.

Europe and Dow are looking good at the moment and tonight is likely to be up. The only concern is the tension in East China Sea between China and Japan. The rally in Tokyo may be an indicator that the situation is under control.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were slightly up last night. Dow +10 at 13333. Dow's trend is still inching up. Dow's future is now -24. Europe also opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +35, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -28. STI closed +0.5 at 3030. Volume was 1.6b shares.

STI trend is up.

Top volumes were THBev unchanged, GSH -0.2, RafflesEdu +6, GoldenAgr unchanged, IPC +0.1, Noble +0.5, F&N +41, Parkson -3.5, Yangzijiang -0.5, Armarda +0.4.

Market was trying to move up and eventually closed flat after a negative opening. It was a mixed day but dominated by the takeover news of F&N and Ooi Hong Leong's buying interest in RafflesEdu. Both stocks were big gainers.

There was a bit of profit taking and awaiting tonight's development in the FOMC meeting in the US.

Both Europe and Dow's future are slightly down at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe closed earlier and was slightly down. Dow surged after a very strong Fed decision on QE3. Dow closed +207 at 13540. Dow's trend is up and Dow's future is now +29. Europe opened to catch up with Dow and is firmly up.

Asian bourses rallied with the Fed news. Nikkei +164, ShanghaiC +13, Hangseng +582. STI closed +40 at 3070. Volume was much higher at 2.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +2, Contel +1.7, Noble +7, Ntegrator +0.5, THBev +0.5, Wilmar +24, ChinaTaisan +0.7, HPHTrust unchanged, AdvSct +0.2. Xpress +0.1.

Market was up from opening after the strong closing at Dow. It remained up and closed near day high. There was an across the board gainers. Speculative play was active. Sentiment has improved.

The firm opening in Europe also helped to keep the momentum on the upside. At the moment Dow and Europe are looking firm for tonight.
The only concern over the weekend is the Japan China tension in the East China Sea. Things can escalate and affect the market badly.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm on Friday. Dow +54 closing at 13593. Dow's trend is moving up nicely. Dow's future is now -17. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly up except Shanghai. Nikkei +164, ShanghaiC -45, Hangseng +28. STI closed +8 at 3079. Volume was 3b shares.

Trend of STI is up, having done the golden crossing. So has Dow.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Equation +0.2, Ipco +0.2, GoldenAgr unchanged, Yoma +2, Contel +0.3, GSH +0.1, Noble +1, Genting +2, Ntegrator +0.2.

Our market opened firm with more buying but profit taking came in quickly to pull back from early morning gains. Market tried to fight back but Hangseng was weak and subsequently drifted down slightly to close at day low, but still positive.

Volume has gone up to 3b shares with speculatives enjoying more interests. Sentiment was healthier and market could remain active if not spooked by any bad foreign news.

Dow and Europe are looking steady. Diaoyutai issue may still be dicey though both govts are playing safe at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe retreat slightly last night, a case of profit taking. Dow closed -40 at 13553. Dow's trend is still up. Dow's future is now -30. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly down but marginally. STI -10 at 3069. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GSH unchanged, GoldenAgr -2, Noble -3.5, TTInt -0.1, Equation unchanged, HPHTrust +1, Yoma -0.5, Genting -1.5, MDevt -0.1, ChinaMinzhong +2.

Market traded cautiously today. Some profit taking could be seen. The negative opening in Europe was likely to lead to a low closing at end of the day.

There were more losers than gainers. At the moment it looks like a little pull back. Dow and Europe are also looking a bit soft at the moment. Hopefully it is a small correction as the trend is still looking up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pull back in Europe and Dow but the latter managed to closed +11 at 13565. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +92. Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +108, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng +240. STI closed +8 at 3076. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Top volumes were THBev +4.5, Equation +0.2, GoldenAgr -0.5, GInvacom -8.5, MDevt +0.1, GSH +0.2, Midas +2, Noble +1.5, Genting +2.5, GMG +0.4.

Trend of STI is up.

Market opened slightly up and stayed up for the whole day. There were more gainers than losers. Speculatives were active and THBev was top volume with a gain of 4.5c. Penny stocks were also gainers. Blue chips were mixed.

Dow's future at the moment is looking very good but Europe started to drift into negative territory.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow managed to stay positive with smaller gains. Dow closed +13 at 13578. Dow's trend continues looking up. Dow's future is now -49. Europe opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -145, ShanghaiC -43, Hangseng -251. STI closed -13 at 3063. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up but flattening.

Top volumes were Noble +0.5, THBev -1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Aussino +0.9, GSH -0.2, Annica +0.3, Equation -0.1, Genting -1, Stratech unchanged, Qingmei unchanged.

STI opened flat but drifted down and remained negative throughout the day. Though there were some selling pressure the decline was mild. Market was mixed. Hangseng fell 251 pts which should add pressure to more selling and shorting. The fall of 13 pts in STI is a sign of some resilience.

Dow's future and Europe are looking a bit weak but steady. A sharp drop in Dow could trigger more selling tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was slightly down last night while Dow ended +19 at 13597. Trend of Dow is slightly up. Dow's future is now +47. Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +23, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng +144. STI closed +16 at 3078. Volume was 1.6b shares.

STI trend is still looking up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +0.5, THBev +0.5, Federal +0.6, InnoPac +0.3, Noble +0.5, G Invacom -4.5, MDevt unchanged, Genting +0.5, HLH unchanged, SingXpress +0.1.

Market was flat on opening and drifted further down. It started to move to positive territory after lunch and stayed positive subsequently. Gainers were better than losers by 2 to 1. Blue chips were also mostly up. This is good for a Friday.

Europe and Dow are looking good at the moment. Possibly Monday could see more positive trading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: