Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports August 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports August 2012 Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were slightly down last night. Dow -64 closing at 13009. Dow's trend is up but showing a bit of weakness. Dow's future is now +26. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -53, ShanghaiC +24, Hangseng +23. STI closed at day high, +16 at 3053. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is gradually turning up.

Top volume was TTInt +0.6, GSH unchanged, GoldenAgr -0.2, Elektromotive +0.1, Genting -1.5, HLH -0.1, Singtel -4, HPHTrust -2.5, Noble unchanged, ChinaMinzhong +3.5.

Market opened down but gained strength throughout the day to close at day high. Blue chips and banks were mostly better. Speculatives and penny stocks were mixed.

Volume was a low of 1.4b shares.

Europe and Dow are likely to be steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed but Dow was down slightly at 12971, -38. Dow's trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now +17 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +11, ShanghaiC -12 and Hangseng -130. STI -14 at 3036. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Top volumes were CPH -0.2, TTInt -0.3, GoldenAgr +0.5, THBev +1, NexGen -0.1, Sakari +4.5, Yangzijiang unchanged, GSH -0.2, Genting +0.5, HLH +0.1.

Another day of quiet and lackluster trading. Volume is lower than yesterday. General market was mixed and directionless. With this kind of volume, it is going to be very difficult to generate interest.

Market was flat and drifted down along the way. Where have the investors/traders gone? SGX has announced a plan to raise awareness in stock trading in the heartland but how would it perform given the lethargy and lack of investors in the market?

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.

Cheers.
----- Forwarded by ChinLeng Chua/REMISIERS/SG/DBSV on 02/08/2012 17:13 -----
ChinLeng Chua
01/08/2012 17:10
To:
cc: (bcc: ChinLeng Chua/REMISIERS/SG/DBSV)
Subject: Fw: Trend trading 1 Aug12

Hi,

Europe and Dow were slightly down last night. Dow -64 closing at 13009. Dow's trend is up but showing a bit of weakness. Dow's future is now +26. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -53, ShanghaiC +24, Hangseng +23. STI closed at day high, +16 at 3053. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is gradually turning up.

Top volume was TTInt +0.6, GSH unchanged, GoldenAgr -0.2, Elektromotive +0.1, Genting -1.5, HLH -0.1, Singtel -4, HPHTrust -2.5, Noble unchanged, ChinaMinzhong +3.5.

Market opened down but gained strength throughout the day to close at day high. Blue chips and banks were mostly better. Speculatives and penny stocks were mixed.

Volume was a low of 1.4b shares.

Europe and Dow are likely to be steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of expected strong measures from ECB was a big disappointment and Europe fell sharply last night. Dow was also down but at -92, closing at 12879. Dow's trend is turning down and another fall will firm up its down trend. Dow' future is now +69 and Europe opened strongly up.

Asian's bourses were mostly weaker. Nikkei -98, ShanghaiC -22, Hangseng -24. STI recovered from a weak opening to close at day high at 3051, +15. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is firming up.

Top volumes were Sunmoon +0.1, HLH +0.1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Genting +1.5, TTInt +0.3, Sakari +4, MDevt unchanged, ChinaMinzhong +4, GSH +1, MDR +1.

With the negative news in Europe our market fell with all the markets in the region. Market started to stabilise and continued its climb in the afternoon when Hangseng recovered from its fall and Europe opened firmly up.

It was a sea of green with most counters making gains. Penny and speculative stocks saw more buying and closed firm. A good closing in Dow is possible and would be good for next week.

Dow and Europe are looking good at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big rally in Europe and Dow on Friday. Dow closed at 13096, +217. Dow's trend is rebounding up. Dow's future is now +11 and Europe opened slightly down but turning positive at the moment.

Asian bourses also rallied. Nikkei +171, ShanghaiC +22, Hangseng +333. STI closed +20 at 3071. Volume was a miserable 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is firming.

Top volumes were HLH unchanged, GSH unchanged, Noble +3, IPC +1.7, GoldenAgr +0.5, LeyChoon -2, Genting -0.5, NexGen unchanged, Sakari +2.5, LionGold +1.5.

STI opened strongly like all regional bourses but closed at day low with profit taking. Volume was still very low with very little trading activities. Blue chips were mostly up while penny and speculatives were mixed.

The lack of retail traders in the market is very telling. Whatever little volume in the market, the bulk was likely to be the works of computer trading. Unless genuine investors returned, the market is not heading anywhere. But nothing much can be expected as long as computer trading is not removed from the system.

Europe and Dow are looking to continue to climb tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow closed steady last night. Dow +21 at 13118. Dow's trend is turning up. Dow's future is now +34 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +77, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng +74. STI closed -4 at 3068. Volume was 1.8b shares.

STI trend is up but MACDs are flat.

Top volumes were IPC +1.3, GoldenAgr -0.5, MDevt -0.2, HLH -0.1, NexGen unchanged, Informatics +0.5, Noble +1, GSH -0.1, MDR -0.1, Rowsley +0.6.

Our market opened firm with banks charging up. But profit taking set in quickly to erase the gains of banks which ended mostly in the red. The rest of the market was mixed while penny stocks were slightly lower with little play.

Europe and Dow are stabilising.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were firm with Dow +51 at 13169. Trend of Dow is edging up. Dow's future is now -17 and Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +78, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng -7. STI closed near day low at 3052, -15. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to turn down slightly though MACDs are flat.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -2.5, SingXpress +0.1, GSH -0.1, Genting -3, MDR unchanged, Noble +1.5, InnoPac +0.7, LionGold -2.5, Singtel -4, Sakari +2.5.

Our market opened slightly up but went on a slide after rumours of MM's health were floated. Investors were selling for safety. The holiday also added to the selling. STI ended near day low with a bit of short covering during matching.

General market was a bit weak with more selling.

Europe and Dow may pull back a little tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last two days Dow and Europe drifted down slightly. Dow lost 10 pts last night to close at 13165. Dow's trend is still looking up but flattening. Dow's future is now -38. Europe has opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were down slightly. Nikkei -87, ShanghaiC -5, Hangseng -133. STI was flat, +2 at 3054. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat with MACDs sliding down a little.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -0.5, Annica +0.5, Noble +1, Genting +0.5, Singtel -7, GSH -0.1, Ezion +3.5, Blumont +1.3, TTInt unchanged, F&N+8.

Market opened flat and drifted down slightly on a very quiet day. There were some short covering at pre closing to close slightly positive. Overall it was a mixed market but with slightly more gainers.

The lack of retail participation is telling on the market.

Europe and Dow are looking slightly weak tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up on Friday. Dow +43 to close at 13207. Dow's trend is moving gradually up. Dow's future is now -29 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were down slightly. Nikkei -6, ShanghaiC -33, Hangseng -55. STI closed +11 at 3065. Volume was a low 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly down but stable.

Top volumes were Genting -3.5, MDevt -0.2, InnoPac +0.6, GoldenAgr +0.5, Annica +0.3, Noble -2.5, Yoma +0.5, LionGold unchanged, Plastoform unchanged, Blumont -0.3.

Another day of lifeless trading with low volume. Market opened down but closed positive. Trend is looking to turn up. Blue chips were steady but penny and speculatives were weak. Market is just moving sideways without any interest.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were weaker last night. Dow -39 at 13169. Dow's trend is flattening and weakening. Dow's future is now +28. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +45, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng +210. STI closed at day high at 3087, +23. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were F&N -4, Noble +3.5, GSH +0.3, GoldenAgr +0.5, Genting +1.5, HLH +0.1, Yoma +1.5, Yangzijiang +4, Singtel -3, InnoPac +0.3.

Market opened positive and strengthened in the afternoon when Hangseng was firmer. Market continued to climb when Europe opened firmly up. More buying came in and most of the counters were positive. Volume crossed the 2b mark after a long break. Penny and speculative stocks were starting to be active.

Perhaps the ending of Olympics and the National Day were contributing factors in driving some speculators back to the market.

At the moment Dow and Europe are looking steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mostly up last night. Dow was up in early session but closed at day low, +3 at 13172. Trend of Dow is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now -21 and Europe also down a bit on opening.

Asian bourses were mostly down on talks of Europe heading for a recession. Nikkei -5, ShanghaiC -24, Hangseng -239. STI opened up but drifted down to close -26 at 3062.

Trend of STI is sliding down a bit.

Top volumes were Genting +3, Noble -2, GoldenAgr +0.5, IPC +3, Wilmar -24, Yoma +0.5, GSH -0.1, Skyone -1, THBev unchanged, Singtel -2.

Market opened up but fell when regional bourses fell. Blue chips were mostly down and so were the penny and speculatives. Genting has started to rebound after the recent sell down. Volume was down to 1.3b after the unexpected surge yesterday.

Dow and Europe look a bit weak for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were flat last night. Dow -7 at 13165. Dow's down trend is firming. Dow's future is now +35. Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +168, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng -89. STI closed at day low, +1 at 3063. Volume was higher at 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is drifting down.

Top volumes were GSH +0.5, Genting +3.5, TTInt +1.2, Noble +2.5, GoldenAgr +05, NexGen unchanged, Annica unchanged, THBev +1, GMG +0.5, Yangzijiang +2.

Market had a firm opening and was up 19 pts. Intraday profit taking ended with market closing at it day low. Blue chips were mixed but speculatives and penny stocks were healthier and more active. Interest is coming back to dabble with penny stocks.

With the Hari Raya holiday, tomorrow may close weak for the long weekend.

Dow is looking firm while Europe is flat at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good turnaround in Europe and Dow last night. Dow +85 to close at 13250, nearing the recent high. Dow's trend is turning up again and avoided the MACDs from cutting down. Dow's future is now -1 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +70, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng +153. STI closed flat, -0.8 at 3062. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were MDevt +0.3, GSH -0.1, HLH +0.1, TTInt +0.1, Aussino +0.9, Annica -0.3, Genting +1.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, Asiasons +3, Yangzijiang +3.

Market was positive the whole day but moving sideways in a small range. There were more gainers than losers. The long weekend could be a factor in dampening the interest in the market. Penny and speculatives were either flat or made small gains.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at this moment but may drift lower given the Friday.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were fairly flat over the last two trading sessions. Dow closed -4 on Monday at 13272. Trend of Dow is flattening. Dow's future is now +26, Europe opens up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -14, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng -4. STI closed +3 at 3065. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is weakening and sliding down.

Top volumes were Lereno unchanged, MDevt unchanged, GoldenAgr unchanged, HLH unchanged, Annica -0.1, TTInt +0.3, GSH unchanged, Noble -1, Ipco unchanged, Goldtron unchanged.

Another listless trading day. There were some attempts to play the speculatives and Myanmar stocks but eventually most ended flat or slightly down. Blue chips were slightly firmer but only marginal.

The market is just heading no where.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -68 at 13204. Dow's trend is turning down with MACDs cutting down. Dow's future is now -7 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -25, ShanghaiC -11, STI -212. STI closed -16 at 3049. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +1, Noble -0.5, Goldtron unchanged, GSH -0.2, Sakari +3.5, Metech unchanged, Yangzijiang -2.5, Genting -2, Skyone -1, LionGold unchanged.

Another quiet day with market drifting down but some recovery to close off its low. Generally most counters were down. Regional bourses were also down and our market just followed the rest. There seemed to be a bit of support at this level.

Dow and Europe are looking a bit weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were down but Dow managed to reduce its losses to close -30 at 13173. Dow's trend is looking down. Dow's future is now +16. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +46, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng +244. STI +7 at 3056. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is still down.

Top volumes were GSH +0.1, Genting +5, GoldenAgr +0.5, HLH +0.1, GemTV +1, GMG +1, Annica -0.2, TTInt +0.3, Noble +0.5, MDevt -0.1.

Market was livelier in the morning and most counters were in the green. STI was +21 but ended at day low due to intra day profit taking. Volume was slightly better but more due to short term traders. Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives fared better. Genting is starting its recovery, gaining 5c today.

Europe ad Dow are looking steady but there are all kinds of news that can unsettle the current lull and apparent stability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: