Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports July 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down on Friday. Dow -121 at 12823. Dow's trend is beginning to turn back down. Dow's future is now -113. Europe also opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were sold down as well. Nikkei -162, ShanghaiC -27, Hangseng -587. STI closed -33 at 2982. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is reversing with STI gapping down on opening.

Top volumes were GSH -0.4, GoldenAgr -3, Midas unchanged, Noble -4, Genting -3.5, HLH -1, ChinaTaisan -0.3, NexGen unchanged, LifeBrandz +0.1.

Market opened flat but fell with Hangseng opened weak.. Hangseng was down more than 600 pts at one time. Dow's future also very weak and Europe was sharply down on opening on renew problem in Spain.

It was a sea of red with blue chips taking a hit. Banks were big losers. Penny and speculative stocks were also sold down on fear of a black Monday.

At the moment Europe and Dow are looking very weak.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 200 pts on opening in sync with sharp falls in Europe last night. Dow ended down 101 with a sense of relief. Dow's trend is down again. Dow's future is now -4 and Europe recovered from a negative opening and is turning positive at the moment.

Asian bourses were steady. Nikkei -20, ShanghaiC +5 and Hangseng -150. STI closed +16 at 2998, off its day high at 3007. volume was 1.2b shares.

Trend of STI is down but holding.

Top volumes were GSH +0.3, GoldenAgr unchanged, Genting +1, HLH -0.1, Noble unchanged, JBFoods +1, F&N +8, Singtel +1, Sinograndes +3, TopGlobal unchanged.

The fear of black Monday subsided when Dow recovered from its early losses. STI opened cautiously up and stayed there the whole day but last minute selling took off some of the gains. Market is very cautious with traders not willing to stay long and trading intra day.

Blue chips and banks recovered from the sharp drops yesterday. Penny and speculative stocks were steadier. The low volume is a good indication of the market mood. The situation in Europe is still troubling and analysts will continue to blow hot and cold.

Dow's future and Europe are appearing to be calm at the moment after yesterday's sell down. Anything can happen tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another weak closing for Dow, -104 at 12617. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +30 and Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were weaker. Nikkei -122, ShanghaiC -10, Hangseng -26. STI closed -7 at 2991. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is drifting down.

Top volumes were IHH (IPO) closing at 1.225. GSH -0.2, Sincap(IPO) closing at .275, Noble -1.5, JBFoods +2.5, F&N +35, Genting -1, Equation +0.1, GoldenAgr -1.5, HLH +0.1.

Market was mixed today with STI trading in a small band. Blue chips and speculative were a mixed bag while trading was quite. There were some short coverings at near end of session when Hangseng recovered while Europe opened a bit firmer. Otherwise it was heading no where.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow closed firmer but off their highs. Dow +59 at 12676. Dow's trend is still down but stabilising. Dow's future is now -43 at the moment while Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +77, ShanghaiC -10, Hangseng +15. STI was positive the whole day but closed near day low at 3005, +14. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is attempting to bounce back up.

Top volumes were Genting -6.5, Digiland unchanged, TTInt +0.3, GSH +0.1, Aussino -0.3, GoldenAgr-0.5, IHH +3, JBFoods -3, Noble +0.5, MDR unchanged.

Trading was subdued but market was firmer. STI touched a high of 3026 before closing near day low. Blue chips were mostly gainers but penny and speculatives were mixed.

Genting continued to be sold down fearing more curbing measures by the govt. Myanmar stocks were also weaker.

Both Dow's future and Europe are looking a bit weaker at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reacting to some reassuring comments by the European Central Bank, both Europe and Dow rallied last night. Dow was +212 closing at 12888. Dow's trend is kinking up and attempting a golden crossing tonight. Dow's future is now flat while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses also rallied. Nikkei +124, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng +382. STI opened strongly but sellers continued to sell all the way to close negative at 2998, -6. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly down but stable.

Top volumes were AscendasHT(IPO) closing at 88. Genting +0.5, Noble +1, Wilmar -15, THBev -0.5, SingXpress +0.1, GoldenAgr +0.5, Equation unchanged, MDevt -0.2, GSH -0.1.

With the strong showing in US and Europe last night, our market opened strongly. But interest was low and there was no follow through. It drifted all the way down to close at day low. Volume was low.

Blue chips managed to hold on to their gains but penny and speculatives were weaker. Myanmar stocks were still being sold down and mostly ended in the red.

Dow's is likely to be steady tonight while Europe is down at the moment. Can expect some pull back after last night's strong gains
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were very strong on Friday. Dow closed +188 at 13076. Dow's trend is turning up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is a bit down at the moment t -41. Europe opened up but pulled back a bit at the moment.

Asian bourses were mostly higher. Nikkei +69, ShanghaiC -19 and Hangseng +310. STI +34 at 3033. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Genting +9, LuyePharm +13, GoldenAgr +2, PSL unchanged, ChinaFash +0.1, NexGen unchanged, TTInt +0.5, MDR +0.1, Noble +2.

Market opened cautiously despite the rally in Europe and Dow on Friday. It was quite disappointing when other bourses, particularly Hangseng was charging up. Our market only gained strength when Europe opened up but last hour of profit taking and closing of positions brought it off its day high.

Genting has started to recover from the recent negative reports mirroring the poor results of Sands Macau. It closed strongly adding 9c. Penny and speculatives are coming alive again.

Market volume was low, an indicator of how bad the market is in the absence of retail investors that have mostly been killed. It is as good as a ghost market with mainly computer trading and the occasional remisiers punting and not holding overnight.

Europe is looking steady though Dow may open weak. However, with Dow's chart turning up, tonight may still be steady and may close positive.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were strong last night but Dow ended slightly down at 13073, -3. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is +37 at the moment and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +60, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng +211. STI closed +4 at 3036. Volume was 1.9 shares.
Trend of STI is starting to turn up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.5, HLH +0.3, GoldenAgr +0.5, TTInt +0.7, Genting -1, Sakari +4, Singtel +3, Noble +1, HPHTrust -1, InterraRes +2.5.

Market opened sharply down after yesterday's window dressing. Blue chips and banks matched much lower on opening but many recovered at end of session and registered gains. Penny stocks are getting active again. There are more gainers than losers.

Dow and Europe are looking steady for tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: