Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports July 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports July 2012 Reply with quote

A strong rally on Friday for Dow and Europe. Dow closed at 12880, +278. Dow's trend is turning back up. Dow's future is at +40 at the moment. Europe firmly up on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -3, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng closed. STI closed at day high, +33 at 2911. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were TTInt -5, Noble +4, GSH -0.1, Unifiber -0.1, GoldenAgr +1.5, Sakari +8, Genting unchanged, Yoma -1.5, MaxiCash unchanged, Aussino -2.3.

Quiet trading in the morning though slightly up. Market only started to show some conviction in late afternoon when Europe opened firm. With Hangseng closed, it was like waiting to see what was going to happen.

Blue chips were slightly firmer and so were speculatives. Volume was pathetic.

Dow and Europe are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow did a little retreat while Europe continued to strengthen. Dow closed -9 at 12871. Trend of Dow is starting to look up. Dow's future is now -1 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +63, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng +294. STI closed at day high, +32. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Noble -0.5, GSH +0.5, GoldenAgr +3.5, ChinaTaisan unchanged, Goldtron -0.1, Midas +1.5, TTInt -0.3, Genting -2, ChinaFash +0.1, MDevt -0.2.

Market opened flat but gathered strength in late morning. It held on to its morning gain and closed firm.

Blue chips and banks were big gainers. Penny stocks have started to be in play. Myanmar stocks were still sideways and consolidating. Oil palm stocks were firmer.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow continued to make gains last night. Dow closed +72 at 12944. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -33. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +38, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng -26. STI closed +3 at 2949. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, TTInt +0.9, GSH -0.2, HLH +0.2, Noble -0.5, ChinaTaisan -0.3, ARA -4.5, GoldenAgr -1.5, Rowsley +0.8, Singexpress unchanged.

Market opened up but ended lower with some profit taking in the last hour. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks continued to be active.

Europe should also see some profit taking tonight. Wall Street will be closed for Independence Day.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was slightly up last night while NYSE was off. Dow's trend is looking up but Dow's future is now -21. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -24, ShanghaiC -26, Hangseng +99. STI +23 at 2971. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were NexGen -0.1, MDR unchanged, TTInt +0.3, OttoMarine +1.4, Aussino +1.5, Healthway +0.2, GoldenAgr +0.5, Noble +0.5, UPP +1.5, Genting +1.

Morning market was weak. It started to strengthen in the afternoon and closed at day high. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny play was active and so were stocks related to Myanmar.

Europe is looking ok at the moment while Dow is slighlty weaker.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down slightly, -47 at 12897. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is still up. Dow's future is at the moment, -16. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -59, ShanghaiC +22, Hangseng -8. STI closed flat at 2972. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Aussino +1.9, TopGlobal +0.1, SipPack +3.7, InterraRes +2.5, SkyOne unchanged, MDR unchanged, Federal +0.5, Yoma +0.5, Capitaland +8, Noble -1.5.

Market was cautious and marginally down in the morning. Interest in penny stocks was still good and some were actively traded. Myanmar related stocks continued to be in play. Blue chips were firmer.

Sentiment was more steady and market closed firm for a weekend.

Dow and Europe may pull back slightly given the Friday tonight. They are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 124 on Friday and closed at 12772. Europe was down more. Dow's trend is starting to turn back down a little. Dow's future is now -64. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -124, ShanghaiC -53, Hangseng -373. STI closed at 2929, -49. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.7, TTInt +0.2, ChinaTaisan -0.4, AsiaMed +6.1, Noble -3, InterraRes +1, GoldenAgr -2.5, Genting -2, MDR -0.1.

Market was down slightly on opening but fell further when regional bourses started to fall with Shanghai and Hangseng looking very weak. The selling continued throughout the day and STI ended at day low.

It was a sea of red. Some penny stocks were still in play, GSH, TTInt and AsiaMed.

Europe is looking a bit weak. Dow is also looking down.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly down last night. Dow -36 closing at 12736. Dow's trend is turning down with MACD about to cut downwards. Dow's future is now +45 while Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were down slightly. Nikkei -39, ShanghaiC -6, Hangseng -32. STI +36 at near day high at 2965. Volume crept up a little at 2b shares.

Trend of STI is still flat but biased to bounce back up.

Top volumes were MapletreeLog -2.5, MDevt -0.3, GSH -0.1, GoldenAgr +2, InterraRes +3, Yoma +4.5, NexGen -0.1, MDR +0.1, AsiaMed +0.1, ChinaFash unchanged.

Market opened cautiously up but slid back slightly. It only recovered in the afternoon when Hangseng turned positive. More buying and short coverings came in at the last hour when Europe strengthened after opening.

Gainers were across the board. Blue chips and banks were firmer. Myanmar related stocks were strong led by InterraRes and Yoma. Many penny stocks were gainers and volume has improved somewhat.

Europe and Dow are looking good at the moment and play could continue tomorrow. Dow's trend is likely to bounce back up.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up in early trading but ended -83 on fears of weak earning reports. It closed at 12653. Europe was down slightly. Dow's trend is looking down and MACDs may be cutting downwards. Dow's future is now +37. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -7, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng +24. STI closed near day high at 2989, +25. Volume was up at 2.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.8, TTInt +2.4, Ntegrator +0.4, HLH +0.1, Informatics +1, Plastoform +0.4, Yoma -0.5, GoldenAgr +0.5, Midas +0.5.

Market opened down but closed high with more buying interest. Penny stocks were in full play with many making good gains. Blue chips were mixed but generally firmer. Sentiment is healthier with more speculative play in penny stocks.

Dow's chart is looking weak but Dow's future is firm at the moment. Another fall at Dow will signal a stronger down trend. Europe is mixed at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly down last night. Dow's trend is down with MACDs cutting downwards. Dow's future is now -43. Europe opened down but has improved slightly.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -131, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng -395. STI closed -17, near its day low at 2972. Volume was 2.7b shares.

Trend is STI is still pointing up but levelling.

Top volumes were GSH +0.2, TTInt +0.9, NexGen unchanged, HLH +0.1, TCIL +10, InterraRes +0.5, Informatics -0.1, GoldenAgr -1, Sakari 7.5, Genting -1.5.

Market was steady throughout the day and could have been better if not of the sharp fall in Hangseng. The penny stocks were very active with GSH and TTInt still moving up. Blue chips were mostly in the red.

Dow's future and Europe are all in the red at the moment and Dow could extend its fall for a consecutive six sessions.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe ended slightly down last night. Dow -31 at 12573. Dow's trend is still going down. Dow's future is now +28. Europe opened firmer.

Asian bourses were mostly flat. Nikkei +4, ShanghaiC +0.4, Hangseng +68. STI closed at day high, +24 at 2996. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is firmly up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.5, TTInt +0.4, AdvSct +0.3, ChinaFash +0.2, GoldenAgr +1, Qingmei +.9, NexGen unchanged, InnoPac +0.4, OttoMarine +0.5, Genting unchanged.

Market was firm and up throughout the whole session. It gained more grounds after Europe opened up. Penny stocks continued to be active with GSH and TTInt remaining at the top volume table. Blue chips were slightly firmer. Reits counters were seeing more interests and also firmer.

The closing today is firm to extend the uptrend to more than a month.

Europe is steady and Dow could be seeing a technical rebound tonight after 6 straight sessions of losses.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strong closing for Dow and Europe on Friday. Dow +204 to break the recent down trend and closed at 12777. Dow's trend may be turning up with MACDs about to cut upwards. Dow's future is now -37. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed but stable. Nikkei +4, ShanghaiC -38, Hangseng +9. STI closed at 2994, -1. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Top volumes were HLH +0.3, GSH unchanged, Sunmoon unchanged, ChinaTaisan -0.5, TTInt-0.1, GoldenAgr +0.5, Noble unchanged, Genting -1, Ipco -0.1, ChinaFash unchanged.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Market was slightly up in the morning and stayed above the 3000 mark till lunch time. Subsequently it slipped back down when regional bourses were not showing any direction. It was a side way market but blue chips were generally firmer. Penny stocks were flat.

Dow's future is showing a little weakness at the moment. Europe opened down a little but steady.Trend wise Dow looks like aiming for a trend reversal but this can only happen if it strengthen tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 50 pts and closed at 12727. Europe was mixed. The MACDs of Dow failed to cut upwards but flat. Dow's future is now +58. Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +31, ShanghaiC +13, Hangseng +334. STI closed firm, +16 at 3015. Volume was much higher at 2.8b shares.

Trend of STI is firming up again.

Top volumes were Elektromotive unchanged, HLH +0.1, GoldenAgr +3.5, MDR -0.1, Genting -1.5, GSH -0.3, Noble unchanged, ChinaTaisan -0.5, Singtel -3.

Market opened flat but ran up after Hangseng opened strongly. A bit of profit taking in late afternoon but closing was firm. Banks and blue chips were firm. Penny stocks were flat.

Europe and Dow are looking good at the moment. MACDs of Dow could try a break up again tonight and chances are good.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up 78 last night, closing at 12806. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is about to turn back up with MACDs just cutting up. Dow's future is not -9. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -28, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng -215. STI closed +2 at 3017. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is still slightly up.

Top volumes were ChinaTaisan -1.9, GoldenAgr unchanged, GSH -0.2, Genting -3.5, Sakari -6, TTInt -0.2, MDR unchanged, Noble -1.5, HLH unchanged, Yoma +0.5.

Market opened up but slipped into negative territory when Hangseng fell sharply. Some recovery at end of day when ShanghaiC turned positive and Europe also opened up. Market is consolidating on the recent gains. After crossing the 3000 mark market is looking more cautious. Blue chips were still firm but speculatives and penny stocks were mostly down.

Europe is up at the moment and Dow may continue on its up trend tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were very firm last night. Dow +103 to close at 12909. Dow's trend is reversing up. Dow's future is now +46 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +69, ShanghaiC +16, Hangseng +319. STI closed at near day low but still +8 at 3029. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening though still up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +0.1, GSH -0.5, HL -0.1, Singxpress unchanged, ChinaTaisan +0.2, Genting unchanged, Yoma -1, ThBev unchanged, Sunmoon unchanged, Noble +0.5.

Market opened up but lacked of buying interest caused it to drift lower and closed near day low with only 8 pts gain.
Blue chips were firmer but penny stocks were flat. Myanmar related stocks were weaker.

Dow's future and Europe are up at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An erratic session in Wall Street but ended slightly positive and closing at 12943, +35. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now -10 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -125, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng +82. STI -13 closing at 3016. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI still up but flattening.

Top volumes were THBev +2.5, GSH +0.3, Sakari -2, Aussino +0.6, TTInt -0.1, GoldenAgr -1, MDevt -0.1, ChinaTaisan -0.3, Midas +2.5, Genting +1.

Market opened flat but weakened throughout the day with sellers twit by the suicide bombing in Bulgaria killing several Israelis. Israel is pointing the finger at Iran and tension has risen. It could be another dicey bombing that would give Israel an excuse to hit at Iran. This could be bad.

There were some short coverings at the end of the day but the mood was cautious.

Some assurance came from a slightly positive opening in Europe and with Dow's future strengthening.
Hope the mad Israelis did not do anything crazy over the weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: