Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Jun 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow plunged 251 pts after Moody's downgraded 15 major US banks. Europe was stable though down slightly. Dow's recent uptrend is seeing a break and could reverse down if weaknesses continue into the next few sessions. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were weaker. Nikkei -26, ShanghaiC -32, Hangseng -270. STI ended at day high after gapped down on opening. It closed nearly flat at 2828, -2. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is also seeking a break though still looking up.

Top volumes were NexGen +0.1, GSH +0.5, GoldenAgr unchanged, Unifiber unchanged, Aussino +1.3, Noble unchanged, Olam +3, UPP +1.5, Sakari +6, Asiasons +0.5.

Market opened weak and expected to be shelled down given the sharp fall in Dow last night. Surprisingly it was down 20 at worst and subsequently recovered most of the losses on a Friday. Though blue chips were weaker, many speculatives were firmer.

Europe is looking a bit weak at the moment while Dow's future is holding steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was done on Friday but Dow managed a gain of 67 to close at 12641. Trend of Dow is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now -72. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -64, ShanghaiC -37, Hangseng -98. STI -13 at 2815. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is also levelling and turning back down.

Top volumes were GSH -0.1, NexGen -0.2, MaxiCash +5, Aussino -1.2, InnoPac +0.1, GoldenAgr -1, Blumont -0.1, Asiasons +0.5, TTInt unchanged, Singtel +4.

Another quite day where the market was just heading south. Market was weak with minor losses.

The uncertainties in Europe continue to weigh in on the market.

Europe is down at the moment and Dow is looking weak as well.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe took a dive. Dow was -138 at 12503. Trend of Dow is looking down. Dow's future is now +41 while Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -70, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng +84. STI -6 at 2809. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were MaxiCash +3.5, GSH +0.2, ChinaTaisan unchanged, GoldenAgr +1, Noble -1, InterraRes +5, SkyOne +0.5, Lorenzo +1.5, Genting -0.5, Aussino -0.5.

Market was flat today on quiet trading. In the morning there were more reds but some buying returned in the afternoon when Hangseng recovered. It ended with more greens. Blue chips were mixed but penny stocks were firmer.

The news on Europe were quite negative last night. However, Asian bourses were steadier.

Europe is mixed at the moment while Dow is slightly positive.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow recovered from early losses to close +32 at 12535. Trend of Dow is still weak. Dow's future is now -6 while Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly positive. Nikkei +67, ShanghaiC -5 and Hangseng +195. STI closed near day high at 2842, +36. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is pointing up slightly.

Top volumes were ChinaTaisan -0.7, Artivision +3.5, Yoma +1, InterraRes +3, GoldernAgr +1.5, Genting -1, Contel -0.5, Noble -0.5, Lorenzo -0.6, NexGen -0.1.

Volume improved slightly. Market was surprisingly strong and moved up throughout the day. There was an across the board gainers. Banks made some decent recovery. Myanmar stocks were active. Selective stocks were at play.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were much firmer. Dow +92 at 12627. Dow's falling trend is halted for the moment. Dow's future is now -79. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +144, ShanghaiC -21, Hangseng -152. STI closed +5 at 2847 after hitting a high of 2869. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to look up again.

Top volumes were TCIL +17, GoldenAgr +0.5, Genting -1.5, IEV -4, Asiasons +2.5, HLH +0.1, TTInt -0.9, GSH -0.3, InterraRes -2.5, PSL +1.

Market was steady in the morning and gained strength in mid session. Profit taking set in after lunch and with a weak opening in Europe, selling pressure got stronger.

Blue chips were steady but speculatives were mostly in the red. Myanmar related stocks were also weaker.

Dow and Europe are looking weak at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed last night. Dow fell sharply but recovered to register only a loss of 25 pts at 12602. Dow's MACDs are still holding and avoiding a cut downwards. Dow's future is now +118 while Europe opened sharply higher.

Asian bourses rallied with good gains. Nikkei +133, ShanghaiC +30, Hangseng +416. STI +39 at 2886. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were PSL unchanged, MaxiCash +3.5, ChinaTaisan +0.1, Noble +2, ChinaFash +0.2, Genting +2.5, GoldenAgr +1, GSH +0.1, Singtel +6, Asiasons +2.

Market opened slightly up but cautious. It started to gain strength in late morning when news of some agreement among EU govt to help the sick European economies. There were some profit takings at end of day due to the weekend.

Gainers were across the board. Sentiment was much better and volume has increased to 2b shares.

Dow's future and Europe are looking very firm at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: