Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Jun 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports Jun 2012 Reply with quote

Another uneasy day for Dow and Europe. Dow was down about 100 pts before recovering to close -26 at 12393. Europe also closed flat. Dow's trend is flat and failed again to break up. Dow's future is now -83. Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were generally weaker. Nikkei -102, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng -71, STI closed near day low at 2746, -27. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GSH -0.1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Contel +0.2, THBev -0.5, Noble -2.5, InterraRes +1, AddvalTech +0.1, Olam -5.5, SingXpress unchanged, UPP -0.5.

Market was weak but steady for most part of the day. The weak opening in Europe triggered some late selling to push index to near day low.

Blue chips were mostly down while penny and speculatives were mixed. Myanmar stocks were firm but also ended mostly flat.

At the moment Dow and Europe are not looking good.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday saw a pretty lot of selling in Dow and Europe with all ended in 3 digit losses. dow -275 at 12119. Dow's trend that was poised to turn up is now looking down. Dow's future is now -62. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses all down. Nikkei -145, ShanghaiC -65, Hangseng -373. STI -47 at 2699. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend is slipping back down.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -3, GSH -0.2, ChinaAniH unchanged, NexGen unchanged, Olam -8, Sakari -11.5, Genting -2.5, Noble -2.5, SingXpress unchanged, EuNetworks -0.1.

Nearly every counter is in the red with barely a few green or unchanged. As the fear in Europe unfolds with the selling on Friday, fears is creeping into every investors. Now is to see whether the selling will continue tonight at Dow.

Europe has opened down and Dow's future is looking weak. The question is how much more selling will continue.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a choppy negative start Dow and Europe returned to some stability. Dow ended only -17 at 12101, while Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is still down but looking like staying above the support at 12000. Dow's future is now -17 while Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses made some recovery and mostly ended positive Nikkei +86, ShanghaiC +3 and Hangseng +73. STI +17 at 2716. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI still down but with a first day up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +1, GSH unchanged, Ntegrator unchanged, NexGen +0.1, Olam +2, Noble +2.5, Elektromotive unchanged, Sakari -9, UniFiber -0.1, Genting unchanged.

A day of technical recovery with Dow and Europe stabilising. Market was up 30 pts but ended +16 with profit taking and squaring of position. The uncertainties in Europe remained and nothing much changed. Overall most stocks did make a little gains.

Dow is now -13 and Europe opened mixed.

A steady market in Dow and Europe would be the best to ask for.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up last night. Dow +26 at 12128. Trend of Dow is still slightly downward sloping. Dow's future is now +103 and Europe firmly up on opening.

Asian bourses were firmer. Nikkei +152, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng +262. STI closed +49 at 2761. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to level.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr +0.5, NexGen -0.1, GSH +0.1, Noble +3, SweeHong +1, PSL +1, Yoma +3, Olam +9, Sakari +12, Ipco +0.2.

Market opened up and continued to strengthen throughout the day to close near day high. The tension in Europe has somewhat eased with possibility of some positive news from the G7 Meeting.

Most stocks made some recovery. Market is cautiously hoping for a short rebound.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news of an agreement to help Spain lifted the European and American markets. Dow was up 287 pts and Europe were all sharply up. Dow's trend is poised to turn up again. Dow's future is now +2 while Europe is still up on opening.

Asian bourses mostly rallied. Nikkei +106, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng +158. STI -2 at 2759. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is also attempting to turn back up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -1, Olam +3, Noble -0.5, Sakari -6, MDR +0.1, GSH -0.2, ChinaTaisan unchanged, Yoma -2.5, Genting +0.5, Singtel +1.

Market up on opening but could not sustain and ended -2. Volume was low and it was selling into strength. There were just too many negative news of what lies ahead and no interest to buy into the market.

Overall market was mixed.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe strengthened on news of interest rate cut in China. Both rallied but Dow subsequently fell with the dampening news that there would be no further monetary easing in the US. Dow closed +46 at day low. Dow's trend actually had a golden crossing but it is not looking to follow through. Dow's future is now -74. Europe also opened firmly down.

Asian bourses were mostly down as well. Nikkei -180, ShanghaiC -12 and Hangseng -176. STI closed at day low, -21 at 2738. Volume was a low of 1.2b shares.

Trend of STI too had a break up but is weakening after today's losses.

Top volume was GoldenAgr -3, Genting -6.5, GSH -4, M Devt unchanged, FortuneReit -3, Noble -2, Olam -4.5, Singtel unchanged, Sakari -1.5, Yangzijiang -2.5.

Market opened up but selling pressure came in probably also the Friday factor. There were not many buyers and it drifted down the whole afternoon.

The sentiment was back to pessimism and no risk taking over the weekend.

Europe and Dow are likely to be weak tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good recovery for Dow on Friday while Europe were slightly down. Dow +93 closing at 12554. Dow trend is up and a golden crossing finally. All because of news of a rescue package being sewn up for Spain. Strong import/export data from China could be seen as not too bad in Europe and the US. Europe is firmly up at the moment and Dow's future is now +146.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei + 166, ShanghaiC +24, Hangseng +451. STI +50 at 2788. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI has also broken the down trend and looking up with a golden crossing as well. Charts of both STI and Dow are looking positive.

Top volumes were PSL +0.5, GoldenAgr +2.5, Contel -1, Noble +3.5, Genting +3.5, Olam +4.5, Chasen -5.5, GSH -0.1, SweeHong unchanged, Elektromotive +0.1.

There was an across the board gains today. Blue chips were much better. Play on penny stocks were nearly absent.
If Europe can stabilise, the charts are showing a recovery sign. However things are still very erratic and sentiment can change over night.

Europe and Dow are looking very firm at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed last night but Dow slipped 143 pts to close at 12411. The recovering trend is held down a little but still looking up. Dow's future is now +42 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -88, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -81. STI opened down but recovered and turned positive after Europe opened. It closed +5 at 2793. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is looking up.

Top volumes were ChinaTaisan+3.3, Unifiber +0.4, GoldenAgr +1, Noble +2, Genting -1.5, Olam +3.5, ChinaPower -0.1, GSH -0.1, elektromotive -0.1, Ezion +3.5.

Our market opened down in line with other bourses and the fall at Dow. It started to recover around lunch time and gained strength after Europe opened positive.

Overall market was mixed but blue chips fared much better. There were some signs of penny stock play coming back.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sharp rebound in both Europe and Dow last night. Dow +163 to close at 12574. Dow's trend is looking up. Dow's future is now -5 and Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +51, ShanghaiC +29 and Hangseng +154. STI -10 at 2787. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +2, ChinaTaisan 1.5, Unifiber unchanged, Elektromotive -0.1, Genting -1.5, PFood +7, NexGen -0.1, ChinaFas +0.3, Nobel -1.5, ChinaMinzhong +8.5.

Another disappointing day of mixed trading. Slight increase in volumes for penny stocks. Otherwise the market was like a non event.

After the removing of lunch break and the great promise of greater trading volumes, things are getting from bad to worst. Maybe another way to increase trading volume will be to extend the trading hours to 9 pm. I dunno what else can be pulled out from the hat. A flawed system is not going to correct itself unless it is righted.

Europe and Dow are going to be slightly weaker from the signs at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed last night. Dow was slightly positive for the main part of the session but fell in the last hour to close -77 at 12496. Dow's trend is still up. Dow's future is now +95 but Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were weaker. Nikkei -19, ShanghaiC -23, Hangseng -218. STI closed -13 at 2774. Volume was 1.2b shares.

Trend of STI is pointing up.

Top volumes were NexGen unchanged, M Devt +0.4, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgr -1.5, Noble -3, Unifiber unchanged, Teledata -0.2, Asiason -0.5, Genting -1, LionGold unchanged.

Another quiet day with Euro uncertainties hanging in the air. Market volume was down to 1.2b shares. Some activities in penny stocks but heading nowhere. Blue chips were mixed.

The Greece election over the weekend also caused many to be on the sideline.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A surprisingly strong closing last night for Dow. It ended +156 at 12652 with the excuse that the banks were prepared for a Greece exit from EU. Dow's uptrend is strengthening. Dow's future is now -3 while Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up, taking the cue from Dow. Nikkei flat, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng +426. STI closed near day high at 2811, +37. Volume was still anaemic at 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is firming up as well.

We are seeing the trends of major bourses like Dow, Hangseng and STI all starting to trend up. Normally this should be a good sign of the beginning of a recovery. The main problem is still Spain and Greece. Maybe all these have already been factored in and whatever will be will be.

For a Friday closing, this is very positive. Blue chips were up and banks were making some decent gains. We are in the middle of the month and it is not a case of window dressing. Interest in penny stocks is seeing some revival.

Dow is looking steady at the moment and Europe looking good. Keep the fingers crossed that all is well over the weekend in Europe and there could be some positive play next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strong closing for Dow on Friday. Dow +115 at 12767. Europe was steady. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is slightly up at the moment. Europe opened firmly up but has weakened slightly.

Asian bourses were mostly up boosted by Dow. STI closed near day low, +13 at 2824. It was at a high of 2851. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Genting -0.5, Noble +0.5, Sakari +6, MDevt -0.2, GoldenAgr +1, GSH -0.1, SweeHong +0.5, ChinaTaisan -0.2, NexGen unchanged, UniFiber -0.2.

Market gapped up on opening and stayed there for the most part of the day. It was hit by profit taking in late afternoon to close near day low. Blue chips were mostly up. Penny and speculative did not do well after profit taking.

Volume was still low at 1.3b shares. This is really pathetic.

Dow and Europe are steady after Greece voted in favour of pro bailout parties and is likely to remain in EU.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow pulled back slightly to close at 12741, -25. Europe were slightly firmer. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +6 while Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were down slightly. Nikkei -65, ShanghaiC -15, Hangseng -11. STI closed +18 at 2842. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GSH +0.7, ChinaTaisan +0.1, TTInt +0.7, Yoma +2, Noble +1, Sakari +7, Genting -1, Ntegrator +0.3, GoldenAgr unchanged, Olam +6.

Market was slightly firmer with gains across the board. Trading was still cautious with low volumes. Though Greece is stabilising, Spain could be blowing hot and cold next.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow continued their climb. Dow closed +96 at 12837. Trend is moving up nicely. Dow's future is now -23 while European markets are mixed but turning positive.

Asian bourses were generally firmer. Nikkei +96, ShanghaiC -8, Hangseng +102. STI +13 at 2856. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were ChinaTaisan +0.1, GSH -0.1, Ntegrator +0.4, Artivision +4.4, GoldenAgr +1.5, Aussino +1.5, Contel -0.6, Noble unchanged, Genting -0.5, Sakari -1.5.

Market was seeing slightly more gainers than losers after some profit takings. Blue chips were mostly gainers. Penny stock play has started.

Situation in Europe still dicey and can swing either way.

Dow and Europe are looking steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mostly up but Dow ended lower after early gains. It closed at 12824, -12. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -49 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +72, ShanghaiC -32, Hangseng -254. STI closed -26 at 2830. Volume was 1.4 b shares.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgr -2.5, GMG +0.5, Olam -11, FirstReit +2, MDevt -0.1, Artivision +2.5, NexGen +0.1, Genting -1.5, GSH -0.1, Contel unchanged.

Market was steady and healthy in the morning but drifted down in the afternoon. The sharp fall in trade data for China dragged down regional bourses.
Blue chips and banks took some losses. Penny stocks were mixed but Myanmar related stocks were firmer with some play.

Europe and Dow are looking weak at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: