Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports May 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports May 2012 Reply with quote

Europe was down but Dow up last night. Dow +66 at 13279. Dow's future is now -3 while Europe opened firmly up. Trend of Dow is up and breaking recent high. The sentiment from good economic numbers should last a few days.

Asian bourses mostly perked up by the good news in the US. Nikkei +29, Shanghaic +42, Hangseng +215. STI +2 to close at day high at 3006.

Trend of STI is turning up with MAs about to cut upwards.

Top volumes were JEL +1.7, TT Int +3.9, GP Hotels +2, MDR +1, SingXpress +0.2, EuNetworks unchanged, Rowsley +1.7, HLH +0.3, Informatics +1.4, Ipco +0.1.

Market saw a turnaround today with most counters in the green. Blue chips made good gains. Ultra penny stocks staged a comeback with JEL, TT Int, GP Hotels and Rowsley being the favourites, all making good gains as well.

Market sentiment was good with the syndicates back in play.

Europe is looking good at the moment with Dow's future steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow slipped down slightly, -11 at 13269. Europe was firm. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -14 while Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +29, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng -60. STI -5 at 3001 at day low. Volume was 3.2b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Contel +4.7, TTInt -1.9, JEL -0.6, AddvalTech +2.2, Qingmei +1.5, Rowsley +0.1, SingXpress -0.2, Magnus -0.3, Xpress -0.2, Thakral unchanged.

Another day of ultra penny stock play. Today's darling were Contel, TTint and JEL. The latter two closed negative due to profit taking. Blue chips were mixed.

With play concentrating at penny stocks, the mid range and blue chips were left hanging in the air. Might as well and leave them alone to rot since they were the playground of the big funds and their machines.

Dow and Europe are still looking steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow slipped down slightly, -62 at 13207. Dow's trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now -8 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed with those closing earlier on the positive.Nikkei +29, ShanghaiC +12 and Hangseng -164. STI closed near day low at 2990, -10. Volume was 2.7b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Plastoform +1.5, AddvalTech +0.5, ChinaFash +0.2, Ipco +0.1, TTInt +0.1, JEL -0.1, Contel -0.8, Ecowise +0.3, AEM +1, MemstarT +0.2.

Penny stocks continued to dominate the play. Today is the turn for Plastoform, AddvalTech, ChinaFash and Ipco. TTInt was also in play. Most were off their day highs. Blue chips were mixed. Generally interest was mainly in the penny stocks and the rest of the market was sidelined.

The market fell after European market opened down.

Dow and Europe are likely to be weak on a Friday night.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were all down with the change of govt in France and Greece which send fears of a reversal of belt tightening policies. Dow -168 closing at 13038. Dow's trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now -98 while Europe opened sharply down but has recovered some grounds from its earlier lows.

Asian bourses were hit. Nikkei -261, Hangseng -549. ShanghaiC was firm closing flat. STI fell 65 pt to close near day low at 2925.

Trend of STI is slipping down. It hit the support at 2920 before recovering slightly.

Top volumes were Unifiber +0.7, JEP +0.9, Plastoform +0.1, GoldenAgri -1.5, JEL +0.3, HLH -0.1, AdvSCT -0.1, MDR +0.1, Topglobal unchanged, Ipco unchanged.

Blue chips took a big hit, including banks. Penny stocks were somewhat steady though play was held back.
UPP resumed trading with announcement of share placements at 37.5c to raise $40m to invest in Myanmar. The shares held steady given the support at 37.5. It was up but fell to close at 40 given the poor sentiment.

Europe and Dow are expected to be weak but they had already fell last Friday. If they can remain steady would be reassuring and our market can hope for a small technical rebound given the sharp fall today.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was up last night while Dow -30 to close at 13009. Trend of Dow is down but looks more steady. Dow's future is now -57 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses steadied with Nikkei +63, ShanghaiC -3 and Hangseng -52. STI closed +6 at 2931. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is down with a big gap to close.

Top volumes were MDR -0.1, TTInt -0.6, Centillion +0.1, WE Holdg +1.4, JEL -0.4, Unifiber -0.2, GoldenAgri -0.2, Europtron +1.8, AdvSCT =0.1, NexGen unchanged.

A quiet day with some rotational play in penny stocks. Blue chips recovered some losses. With Europe still uncertain, market sentiment was weak.

Europe and Dow are looking weak at the moment. The only consolation is that they are looking fairly steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was sharply down last night. Dow also fell 200 pts but recovered to end -76 at 12932. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -66 while Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -136, ShanghaiC -40, Hangseng -154. STI -31 at 2910. It closed at -21 but dropped further during matching. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri -1.5, Eucon -0.1, JEL -0.1, HLH -0.1, TTInt unchanged, Blumont +0.5, Si2i +0.2, AsianMic +0.2, Adverntus +0.1, Europtron -1.

Another quiet and weak trading day. After the sharp losses over the last few days, sentiment was badly shaken. Penny stock play was also low key. Blue chips and banks were mostly down.

The last 3 days saw a drop of nearly 200 points. We are seeing an oversold position but would need a stimulus to bring back the bargain hunters.

Dow is looking weak tonight while Europe is mixed.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were jittery last night but managed to recover from their lows to end slightly down. Dow -97 to close at 12835 from -200. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -12. Europe opened mixed which is reassuring.

Asian bourses were steady except for Hangseng which fell more than 200 pts but recovered to close -103. Nikkei -35 and ShanghaiC +2. STI closed +3 which is near day high at 2904. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is down, broke 2900 but ended above it.

Top volumes were Goldtron +0.1, JEL unchanged, GemsTV -0.2, Wilmar -43, Qingmei +1.6, GoldenAgri +2, TTInt -0.2, HLH +0.1, Contel +0.8, WE Holdg +0.3.

The day that started steady with some signs of a technical rebound on the card. Then it was spoke by the sharp fall in Hangseng that sent everything down again. Fortunately Europe opened steady with DAX on the positive and Hangseng regained some losses.

Blue chips did some decent recovery especially the banks but Wilmar's sharp fall prevented the index from a better closing. Penny stocks were mixed but Myanmar stocks took a beating and continued to slide down.

Dow has lost about 500 pts over the last 5 sessions and a technical rebound is due. Europe is looking steady despite the scare in Greece. Dow's future is also steady and there is hope for a better closing tonight. Pray no upheaval in Greece to add to selling pressure.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amid the unsettling tension in Greece, Dow and Europe were steady. Dow was +20, registering a first gain in more than a week of falls to close at 12855. Trend of Dow is down. Dow's future is now -81. Europe opened down but is pulling back a bit with GDAX slightly positive.

Asian bourses were down again. Nikkei -56, ShanghaiC -15 and Hangseng -263. STI closed -20 at 2883. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is down. It has been breaking support after support and went pass 2880 before closing at 2883.

Top volumes were Genting -4.5, NexGen unchanged, Sunmoon unchanged, Ipco -0.1, GoldenAgr unchanged, Vashion -0.1, JEL -0.4, TTInt -0.8, Singtel +3, HLH -0.3.

Another bad day in the market with many in the red. Genting got sold down after results below expectation but not as bad as Wilmar yesterday. The ruthlessness of machines and short sellers had no mercy. Considering that this is a weekend, it is really quite good to lose only 20 pts.

Sentiment was badly dampened and the play in penny stocks had died off for the moment.

The situation in Greece is still very raw but the markets have over reacted as usual with funds selling down for safety.

Looking at Dow's future now and the opening in Europe, the frenzy selling has slowed down. They may close fairly steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady on Friday with Dow losing only 34 pts to close at 12821. Europe was slightly positive. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -107 and Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were firmer in early trading but ended sharply down following Europe's weak opening. Nikkei +21, ShanghaiC -14, Hangseng -230. STI closed -19 at 2864. Volume was 2.2b shares.

STI trend is down.

Top volumes were TTInt -0.1, Centillion +0.1, informatics -0.9, Vashion -0.1, Topglobal unchanged, JEL -0.5, Ipco -0.2, GoldenAgr -0.5, ChinaFash -0.8, Plastoform -0.6.

Market opened up and was looking for a technical rebound. This was not to be when Europe opened sharply down in late afternoon. STI tumbled from +16 to -20. From a sea of green it turned into a sea of red.

The Greece problem is still barking the European community and Europe is getting jittery. Dow's future is looking weak too and both Europe and Dow are going to be negative in early trading.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected, Dow and Europe fell in three digits but not as bad as expected. Dow was -125 and closed at 12695. Dow's trend is still down. Dow's future is now +50 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -73, ShanghaiC -6 and Hangseng +159. STI opened down but recovered thereafter to close +13 at 2877. Volume was an anaemic 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down but several signs of reversal are appearing. It has closed a gap in Jan and bounced back up. There is a strong hangman at the end of a long down turn which is good.

Top volumes were JEL +0.4, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgr unchanged, Genting -1.5, HLH +0.1, Plastoform +0.2, ChinaFash +0.2, NexGen unchanged, UniFiber +0.1, Noble -0.5.

This is the first day of a firm recovery with the market moving up through the day and without Hangseng shelling down. But market was very quiet despite the nibbling. Everyone is still very cautious and most on the sideline as Greece is still in the dark.

It looks like the selling in Europe is slowing down and a technical recovery from an oversold position is in the making.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued to weaken. Dow was -63 at 12632. It was positive in early trading till the last hour. Dow's trend turned down sharper. Dow's future is now -10 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were down with Hangseng getting a big sell down. Nikkei -100, ShanghaiC -29, Hangseng -634. STI -46 at 2831. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were Olam -22, GoldenAgr -2, HPH -2, Genting -4, UniFiber +0.1, Singtel -5, Noble -4.5, JEL -0.3, Ipco -0.2,Yangzijiang -2.5.

Market opened slightly down but was shocked by the sharp falls in Hangseng and went tumbling after. Hangseng was down about 700 pts at its worst. The little positive indicators yesterday were wiped away completely. The second rout came in the afternoon when Europe opened sharply down as well.

Blue chips took the brunt of selling. Commodities also fell sharply with China's economy slowing down.
Penny stock play was almost negligible. It was a sea of reds.

Europe and Dow's future are improving slightly.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmer in early trading but all closed slightly down. Dow -33 at 12599. Dow's trend is still down. Dow's future is +25 at the moment. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were slightly better. Nikkei +75, ShanghaiC +33, Hangseng -59. STI -9 at 2823, at day low. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were SingXpress unchanged, Olam -4.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, Genting unchanged, ChinaFash 0.4, Noble -0.5, JEL -0.1,MDR unchanged, NexGen +0.1,Unifiber unchanged.

With Dow and Europe behaving better our market opened firm and was in positive territory for most part of the day. It only came down late in the after when Europe opened down. Blue chips recovered some grounds. There were some attempts to move the penny stocks but without any follow through.

Commodities continued to weaken with Olam falling further.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone getting cold feet over Greece. Both Europe and Dow were lower. Dow -156 to close at 12442. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +28 while Europe still opened down.

Asian bourses shrivelled again. Nikkei -265, ShanghaiC -34 and Hangseng -249. It was down 500 pts earlier. STI -44 at 2779. Volume was 2b shares.

STI trend is down.

Top volumes were Golden Agri, -3, JEL -0.7, MDR unchanged, ChinaFash +0.3, NexGen -0.1, Noble unchanged, Olam -1, Goldtron unchanged, Genting -2, HLH unchanged.

STI opened steady but could not hold with Hangseng being shelled down. It hit a low of -60 but some bargain hunting in the afternoon saw some recovery. Europe opened down but looking not too nervy.

Dow has lost nearly 1000 pts over two weeks and the position is pretty over sold. It could recover some ground if Greece gives some more reassuring signs that it is not going to go for brokes. Tonight is pre weekend and the closing is likely to be weak.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Dow and Europe were down on Friday closing but looking steadier. Dow -73 at 12369. Dow's trend is still right there at the bottom. Dow's future is looking firmer at +88 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were slightly positive while Hangseng closed -30. Nikkei +23 and ShanghaiC +4. STI closed near day high at 2793, +14. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Top volumes were ChinaFash unchanged, JEL +0.8, GoldenAgr +0.5, MDR unchanged, NexGen +0.2, TTInt +0.7, Noble +1, Olamd +4.5, HLH +0.1, Yangzijiang +2.

Trend of STI is down.

A little technical rebound today. It is like taking in a sigh of relief that Europe and Dow are appearing to have bottoming out. However, the Greece problem is still not resolved and many uncertainties could play itself back into the picture.

Some bargain hunting and new positions were taken at very low entry points. Most counters were green. Market is still far from being stable and the only thing is to hope that Greece sort itself out quickly.

Dow and Europe are looking okay at the moment.

Cheers.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rebound in Europe and Dow. Dow +135 at 12504. Dow's trend is levelling with the fall tapering off. Yesterday was the first breakup after 3 weeks of weaknesses. Dow's future is now +13 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses followed up and were mostly higher. Nikkei +95, ShanghaiC +25 and Hangseng closed at near day low but still +117. STI +34 at 2824. Volume was 2.5b shares.

STI trend is also seeing a breakup from the down trend.

Top volumes were JEL +2.3, Xpress +0.5, GoldenAgr +2.5, TTInt +0.8, Noble +2, HLH +0.1, Ipco +0.1, Plastoform+0.2, NexGen -0.1, Informatics +0.5.

Market was lifted by the strong closing in Dow and Europe and moved up steadily through the session. This is the first recovery after a long fall. If Europe is not going to fall further, the low base could give the market a few days of play.

Blue chips and banks recovered some ground. Penny stocks started to come back to play. JEL benefitted from the positive news and gained more than 2c.

Europe and Dow's future are looking healthy at the moment and a good closing will see market coming alive tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: