Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports April 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports April 2012 Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm on Friday with more positive news and economic data. Dow +66 at 13212. Dow's future is now +15. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were also mixed. Nikkei +26, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng -33. STI +6 at 3017. Volume was 4.35b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but looking to rebound.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, HLH +0.7, Sunmoon +0.1, SingXpress +0.5, TopGlobal +0.1, Goldtron +0.2, JEL +0.7, AdvSct +0.3, Cordlife +2.5, NexGenCom unchanged.

Market was steady the whole day but some last minute squaring of positions brought the STI to a day low. Volume was more than double but mainly chalked up by penny stocks. MDR traded 800m shares and HLH 359m shares. The top 10 penny stocks traded nearly 3 b shares among themselves.

Active trading in penny stocks is a sign that trader's sentiment is better.

Dow and Europe are mixed at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +52 and closing at 13264. Europe was much stronger with 3 digit gains. Trend of Dow is turning up and MAs are just about to cut upwards. Dow's future is now -9 while Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -59, ShanghaiC +11, Hangseng +269. STI closed -1 after staying positive for the whole day. It ended at 3015. Volume was 3b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were JEL +0.8, HLH -0.1, MDR unchanged, ChinaEnSave unchanged, Sunmoon unchanged, Ipco -0.1, TopGlobal unchanged, GoldenAgri unchanged, NexGenCom unchanged, Vashion unchanged.

It was a trading market with profit taking at midday and some recovery before closing down marginally. Penny stocks dominated trading. The index could be firmer if not because of DBS Bank's wonderful purchase of Bank Danamon at a 56% premium. Market rejected it as a good deal and sold it down. F&N also contributed to the weakness in some blue chips. Otherwise blue chips ended mixed.

Dow and Europe are looking like going to consolidate their gains from last night and may pull back slightly. Well Hangseng has snapped its fall and recovering.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -65 at 13200. Dow's trend sliding down again. Dow's future is now -87. Europe opened sharply down as well.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -230, ShanghaiC and Hangseng were closed. STI closed at day low at 2985, -30. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI also slipped back down.

Top volumes were JEL -0.2, MDR -0.1, HLH -0.2, Sunmoon unchanged, Goldtron +0.1, Ausgroup +2, GMG +0.3, Genting -2, Equation -0.1, GoldenAgri unchanged.

With no direction from Shanghai and Hangseng market drifted down and gained momentum in late afternoon when Europe opened sharply down. There will be more force selling tomorrow. Penny stocks retreated slightly but blue chips were much weaker. DBS continued to be sold down.

At the moment Europe is down and Dow is likely to open weak.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp falls across Europe and Dow last night. Dow closed -125 at 13075. Dow's future is now -20. Europe opened up but turning negative again. Trend of Dow is down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -52, ShanghaiC +39, Hangseng -198. STI closed +1 at 2986. Volume was 1.16b shares.

Trend of STI is also slipping down.

Top volumes were HLH -.01, UPP +1.5, Yoma +3, MDR +0.1, JEL unchanged, Noble -1.5, SingXpress unchanged, Armarda +0.2, ChinaFash -0.1, GoldenAgri unchanged.

Market fell initially but recovered and was up17 before closed flat. The positive opening of Shanghai helped. Hangseng was down sharply but regained some grounds. Yoma continued to run up and so was Ezion.

Considering that there is a long weekend, our market is showing some strength to go against the sharp falls over Europe and Dow last night. Both are expected to pull back after last night's falls and are slightly down at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady on Friday. Dow -15 at 13060. Dow's future is slightly up, +10 at the moment. Trend of Dow is down.

Asian bourses were sharply down. Nikkei -142, ShanghaiC -21, Hangseng closed. STI closed at 2960, -26. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is down and looking not too healthy with a triple top forming. If it continues to fall then we will see a longer period of correction.

Top volumes were Yoma +6.5, MDR -0.1, TT Int +1.9, Ntegrator +0.3, Digiland unchanged, HLH -0.1, TopGlobal unchanged, ChinaFash -0.1, InterraRes +2, Nobel -2.5.

A day spooked by the pre launching of the North Korean satellite with the Americans and the Japanese rattling their sabres. The blue chips continued to be sold down because of the uncertainties. Some small stocks managed to hold on their own.

Myanmar play was noticeable with Yoma adding 6.5c and InterraRes adding 2c. The play could continue if the disturbing noises go away. In the short term the Korean tension will still rule the day.

Europe opened fairly stable while Dow's future is slightly up at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 131 last night, closing at 12930. Europe was steady. Dow's future is now +44 but Europe opened down though much better now.

Asian bourses were mixed with Nikkei -8, ShanghaiC +20, Hangseng -237. STI closed at day high, +22 at 2982. Volume was 2.8b shares.

Trend of STI is down but today's recovery is helpful. Looks like the support at 2960 is holding.

Top volumes were HLH +0.4, SingXpress +0.4, TTInt +2.1, Ntegrator +0.4, Interra Res +8, MDR unchanged, JEL +0.1, UPP +3, SinHeng +4, Si2i +0.4.

The firm closing in Europe could have helped today's market and the fear of the North Korean satellite launch is proving to be a non event. Nikkei was up strongly on opening though closed marginally down. Our market opened flat but soon some buying returned. It ended at the day high with +22. This helped to avoid the fall and the firming of a triple top chart.

Penny stocks were in play with Myanmar stocks like Interra Resources gaining 8c or more than 20% gain. Yoma hit a high of 62 but gave up some gains to close at 58.5.

Blue chips also recovered some losses from yesterday.

It was worrying when Europe opened sharply down but has recovered half of its early losses at this point in time. Dow's future is positive at the moment and may recoup some of its losses last night.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a sharp fall in Europe and Dow last night. Dow was -214 closing at 12716. Trend is down. Dow's future is now +49. The next support level for Dow is 12700.

Asian bourses closed mixed and off their lows. Nikkei -79, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng -216. STI -36 and closed at day low after matching at 2946. Volume was 4b shares.

Trend is down.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, HLH unchanged, TT Int +0.8, SingXpress +0.1, LiangHuat +0.1, Ntegrator 1.4, Goldtron +0.1, Informatics +0.3, ChinaFash +0.5, Interra Res +5.5.

The general market was down with banks and blue chips under selling pressure. On the other hand speculative stocks were in play especially Myanmar related stocks like Interra Res, Yoma, TTInt and Ntegrator. This gives the market a lift in terms of trading activities which means that if Europe and Dow do not continue to fall sharply, the play on penny and speculatives could continue tomorrow.

Europe and Dow are looking like having a technical rebound tonight. Hope no more strong selling to close sharply lower.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow rebounded last night. Dow +89 to close at 12805. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +61.

Asian bourses also recovered. Nikkei +66, ShanghaiC +42, Hangseng +187. STI closed at 2978, +32. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is still down. Hopefully this is not a one day rebound or else the down trend can continue down sharply.

Top gainers were ChinaFash +1.1, JELl +0.5, Goldtron +0.1, Elektromotive +0.3, Ntegrator -0.2, HLH -0.1, TTInt +0.4, Ipco +0.2, Yoma -2, SingXpress -0.1.

Speculative play continued. Blue chips and banks also recovered some losses. Other than the concern over European crisis, other areas were normal. The Korean satellite launch is looking quite normal now. New IPO Bumitama gained 23.5c on its first day of trading. Myanmar play is still active but with some profit taking.

Dow and Europe are looking to recover tonight and our market should be steady tomorrow morning.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe rallied strongly last night. Dow +181 to close at 12987. Trend is starting to turn up after two days of gains. Dow's future is now -49. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses also rallied. Nikkei +113, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng +374. STI closed at day low but still +10 at 2988. Volume was 5b shares.

Down trend of STI has been broken and is looking to turn up.

Top volumes were SingXpress +0.3, JEL +0.6, ChinaTitan +0.2, Centillion +0.1, HLH +0.1, Digiland unchanged, Lereno +0.2, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgri -1.5, Infinio +0.2.

With Europe and Dow rallied strongly last night our market was expected to follow suit. It did show a little promise in the morning but lost steam in the afternoon. Europe's negative opening did not encourage the traders to hold their positions and it was sold down at the end of the day.

Penny stocks continued to be in play with some rotation.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some consolidation at Dow on Friday, pulling back -137 to close at 12850. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is slightly up at the moment while Europe opened down but turning positive now.

Asian bourses were mostly down. STI +4 at 2992. Volume was 2.9b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Top volumes were Digiland +0.1, SingXpress -0.2, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgri -1, JEL -0.2, ChinaEnSave unchanged, Sin Heng +4, Ipco -0.1, KLW +0.1Ntegrator +0.2.

Market opened down but recovered and actually closed positive after matching. Though volume was 2.8b, it was mostly contributed by penny stocks. Blue chips were flat.

It is laughable for a stock exchange where trading was mostly on penny stocks and those with value of less than 1c, It is an indication of how shitty the market is today. Or is it still a stock market with ambition to be a financial centre?

Both Dow and Europe are looking for a rebound tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some technical rebound in Europe and Dow last night. Dow closed +72 at 12921. Dow's MAs are leveling and the downtrend looks like stabilising. Dow's future at the moment is +41.

Asian bourses were slightly down. Nikkei -6, ShanghaiC -22, Hangseng -48. STI closed -6 at 2987. Volume was 2.6b shares.

Trend of STI is firming up slightly with MAs turning up a little.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Memstar +0.5, SingXpress -0.2, HLH -0.1, GoldenAgri +0.5, JEL -0.2, Digiland unchanged, Magnus -0.1, Noble -2.5, Ipco +0.1.

Another very quiet day of trading except for the computers. Market drifted down but recovered when Europe opened firm. More counters were down. Myanmar counters were steady. Tiong Woon and Sin Heng have started to move as proxies to the Myanmese construction industry. Speculative activities were minimal.

Dow and Europe are looking steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A strong rally in Europe and Dow last night. Dow closed +194 at 13116. Trend of Dow is reversing with MAs about to cut upwards for a golden crossing. Dow's future is now +6.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei +206, ShanghaiC +46, Hangseng +218. STI was a drag, closing near day low at 3001, +14. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is also looking to turn back up.

With most bourses recovering strongly, STI was a big disappointment. It was neither here nor there and there was not much of an interest. The small gains were met with stronger sell down in the afternoon. Gainers and losers were about the same, a very mixed market that is looking more like dying than recovering. The absence of investors and traders is very pronounced.

Genting is making a run up but Myanmar stocks were sideways.

It they did not get rid of the computer trading and algos, this market is destined to go out in a whimper. All the tie ups around the world is going to look good only as a paper exercise.

Europe opened slightly down and some consolidation is expected tonight at Dow.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe pulled back slightly as expected. Dow -83 at 13032. Dow's trend is still poised to do the golden crossing tonight. Dow's future is now +71.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -79, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng +214. STI closed +8 at 3008. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to turn up with the beginning of a crossing.

Top volumes were JEL +0.5, UPP +6, Elektromotive unchanged, SingXpress +0.1, GoldenAgri unchanged, HLH +0.1, MDR unchanged, Ntegrator unchanged, Noble -1, ChinaFash +0.2.

Another lethargic trading day. There were some attempts to play up the penny stocks but without any following nothing much really happened except for UPP. Myanmar related stocks were steady. Blue chips were slightly firmer.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow slipped back slighlty, -69 to close at 12964. Trend of Dow turned down with MAs falling back down without making the golden cross. Dow's future is now +16 and Europe opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -27, ShanghaiC +28, Hangseng +15. STI closed at day low at 2994, -14. Volume was 4.5b shares.

Trend is still poised to look up.

Top volumes were HLH +0.4, MDR +0.1, SingXpress -0.1, TT Int +3, JEL +0.6, Ipco +0.2, Teledata +1, Digiland +0.1 Rowsley +1.1, ChinaFash -0.2.

The market regained some ground but fell back when Europe opened down. It closed at day low which was normal for a Friday closing. Trading is still mainly on penny stocks.

There were some bargain huntings but there was no strength to hold on to the gains.

Dow and Europe are likely to be flat tonight for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were up on Friday. Dow +65 at 13029. Dow's trend was turning up. Dow's future is now -111 and Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses opened steady in the morning but fell in late afternoon. Nikkei -19, ShanghaiC -18, Hangseng -386. STI opened flat but fell in late afternoon to a day low of 2962, -32. Volume was 4b shares.

Trend of STI is turning down again.

Top volumes were JEL +2.4, HLH unchanged, TTInt +2, SingXpress -0.1, Ntegrator +0.4, Vashion unchanged, Teledata +0.5, Rowsley +0.5, Digiland -0.1, Lianghuat unchanged.

With a positive closing in Dow over the weekend, our market opened flat. Speculative play continued. This was weakened in the afternoon with Europe sharply down on opening, and Hangseng falling nearly 400 pts. Many stocks were sold down with STI closing at day low.

Some penny stocks were still able to hold their grounds eg JEL, HLH, TT Int, Ntegrator, Rowsley and Teledata. Myanmar stocks were also weakened. Penny stocks could resume play as long as Dow and Europe did not go on a tailspin.

At the moment Europe and Dow are looking pretty weak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: