Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports March 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports March 2012 Reply with quote

Dow was -53 and closed at 12952 last night. Trend of Dow is slightly down but with support at 12950. Dow's future has just turned positive and Europe as well.

Asian bourses were mostly down slightly except for Hangseng. Nikkei -16, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng -292. STI closed at day low at 2979, -15. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is looking down a bit but steady.

Our market was steady and slightly up in the morning until Hangseng went crashing down in the afternoon. This led to a bit of short selling and market was driven down all the way to erase yesterday's gain. Losers were quite well spread across the board.

There was no real bad news and it was just trading play caused by Hangseng.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment. Our market will be reacting to what happens tonight in New York.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +28 at 12980, off its high dragged down by high oil prices. Dow's trend is still looking down but support at 12950 is looking good. Dow's future is now +10 while Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were generally positive. Nikkei +70, ShanghaiC +35, Hangseng +174. STI closed +15 at 2993. Volume was 1.5b shares.

STI trend is slipping down still.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +1, Elektromotive -0.1, UPP +4.6, UniFiber +0.4, Artivision +0.5, MDR unchanged, Genting +0.5, Midas +3, PSL -1.5, Oceanus +0.2.

Market was steady most of the day and breaking the 3000 resistance for a while. It closed at 2993 which is good for a Friday. Overall there were more gainers than losers.

Some of Peter Lim's counters were in play today. UPP and Informatics were active. Rowsley was halted.

Dow and Europe are looking steady and a good closing could see more play in our market on Monday.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was steady on Friday, closing -3 at 12978. Dow's trend is going down but the 12950 support looks ok. Breaking this support will be unhealthy. Dow's future is now -38 but Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were down. Nikkei -78, ShanghaiC -16 and Hangseng -297. STI was surprisingly steady closing -2 at 2992. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is attempting to reverse back up.

Top volumes were UPP -0.3, GoldenAgri -1.5, Rowsley +1.2, UniFiber -0.6, Genting -1.5, MDR unchanged, PSL -0.5, ChinaFas -0.4, Elektromotive unchanged, SkyOne +0.5.

Our market opened firm but was dragged down by a very weak Hangseng. China's economic data was down and Greece is looking like asking for a third rescue package. Sentiments thus was weak and cautious but selling was not fierce. Though it was a sea of red the index was propped up by some blue chip counters.

Dow and Europe are looking weak tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were slightly down with Dow recovering from a fall of -80 to -15 at 12963. Trend is down but looking steady. Dow's future is now -67 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down led by sharp falls in Hangseng, -459. Nikkei -61 and ShanghaiC -35. STI -60 closing at 2932. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is down, breaking the 2950 support.

Top volumes were SembMar -34, Noble -6.5, TopGlobal unchanged, GoldenAgr -1.5, Yangzijiang -7, UPP unchanged, Genting -2.5, Centillion -0.1, HPHTrust -2.5, Si2i -0.3.

Dow was looking good last night and closed with some strength. Unfortunately Hangseng was seeing a lot of selling pressure and our market fell accordingly. It was selling to the last minute with STI closing near day low.

The two days of sharp falls could be a bit over done. Our market was steady yesterday but could not hold today.

Dow and Europe are looking weak for tonight. Any strengthening will be good for a technical rebound. Otherwise market is likely to drift further down tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was steady for two weeks but took a hit last night, falling 204 to close at 12759. The double whammies of China estimating a lower growth and Greece debt swap were good reasons to sell down. Dow's trend is looking down. Dow's future is now +24 and Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly down but fairly steady given the fact that most were down yesterday. Nikkei -62, ShanghaiC -16, Hangseng -178. STI dipped 20 pts on opening, recovered but closed -19 at 2913. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were UPP +5, Unifiber +0.7, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +1.5, Genting +1, MDR unchanged, Artivision +3, HPHTrust -1, Yoma +1.5, Yangzijiang -0.5.

Though the index was down, there was across the board gainers especially among the speculatives and penny stocks. Blue chips were mixed.

The refusal to fall further at Hangseng gave the punters some courage to jump in to buy low after yesterday's sharp fall. There were some quick profit taking at the end of the day but generally many stocks held on to some gains.

Europe and Dow are looking slightly better after yesterday's selling. Possible for some technical rebound tonight which will be good for our market to stage a recovery.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some technical rebound at Dow last night, +78 closing at 12837. Trend of Dow is down but the rebound could continue to reverse the down trend. Dow's future is now +35 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses also rallied. Nikkei +193, ShanghaiC +25, Hangseng +273. STI +57 closing at day high at 2970. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is down but may be reversing.

Top volumes were UPP +1, Topglobal -0.1, GoldenAgri +1.5, MDR +0.2, UniFiber +0.1, Rowsley +0.4, Ipco +0.2, SkyOne +0.8, Noble +3.5, HPHTrust +0.1.

Market was up from opening and gathered strength throughout the day. Gainers were across the board with blue chips and banks coming back strongly. It looks like the consolidation is over and more speculative activities are returning.

Europe is gaining strength at the moment and Dow is also looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big gains in Europe while Dow was +71 closing at 12908. Dow's trend is starting to turn back up after two days of gains. Dow's future is now +10. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +161, ShanghaiC +19 and Hangseng +185. STI was flat but was up nearly 20 pts in mid session. It closed at 2963, -7 after matching. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to turn up as well.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +2, TopGlobal unchanged, Healthway +0.2, AdvSCT unchanged, Si2i +0.3, Noble -2, UniFiber -0.3, Fragrance +3.5, LottVis +0.2, Yangzijiang +1.

Market was firm the whole day but profit taking set in in the afternoon. Last minute sell off for the weekend drove the index to negative and day low.
Generally market sentiment was steady and speculative play should continue next week.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment but cannot rule out some last minute selling to close position for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was quite firm on Friday but closed at day low, +14 at 12922. It was up about 60 pts earlier. Dow's down trend has been broken and is attempting to reverse up. Another day of gains could just do that. Dow's future is now -46 while Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -40, ShanghaiC -5 and Hangseng +48. STI closed -1 at 2962. Volume was 1.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flat and firming up.

Top volumes were Ezra -9, GoldenAgri +0.5, UPP +1.5, NexGenScom +0.2, Healthway +0.2, Noble -0.5, UniFiber -0.1, Lereno +0.1, HPHTrust unchanged, Oceanus -0.2.

Market was flat throughout the day with small volumes. Most Asian bourses were generally weaker but Hangseng managed to recover to close positive. STI traded in a very tight range of 15 pts. Blue chips were firmer but speculatives and penny stocks were weaker.

The negativity could be due to the unending Greek crisis that is appearing to turn sour again.

Europe is still mixed which is comforting though Dow's future is fairly weak at the moment. The signals are unclear for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were weak in early trading but all closed positive. Dow +38 at 12960. Dow's trend is starting to turn up though MAs are still horizontal. Dow's future is now +60 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +9, ShanghaiC +21 and Hangseng +206. STI +27 at 2989. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were THBEV +2.5, Chemoil +2, Yellowpages +1.5, GoldenAgri -1.5, SkyOne +1.5, Healthway +0.3, Artivision +2, Midas +1.5, Rowsley +0.6, Yangzijiang +0.25.

The strong closing in Europe and Dow encouraged the Asian bourses to follow through as if the Greece problem is now a non issue. But this is still fomenting and can turn bad. Otherwise, the market sentiment was very firm with most counters turning green. Blue chips and second liners were much firmer. Speculative stocks were very active as well.

Dow and Europe are looking healthy at the moment and speculative activities in our market should improve.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A surprising strong closing for Dow and Europe last night. Dow +218 to surge passed the 13,000 mark, closing at 13178. Dow's trend is turning up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -9 while Europe extended its climb by opening positive.

Asian bourses were firm in the morning but Hangseng and Shanghai fell back to red. Nikkei +151, ShanghaiC -65, Hangseng -32. STI was firm and closed near day high at 3026, +37. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up with MAs about to cut upwards.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, UPP +1.5, Genting +4.5, GoldenAgr +1.5, Noble +4, UniFiber unchanged, Yangzijiang +4, Olam +4, Lereno -0.1, Rowsley +0.1.

Market was firm the whole day with some profit taking in the afternoon when Hangseng and China fell. There were some short covering in the day to pull STI back to near its day high. STI has gone back abov ethe 3000 mark.

Europe is still going strong after Greece second rescue package went through smoothly. Dow is steady at the moment but may pull back slightly after yesterday's strong run.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe maintained the run with small gains. Dow +16 closing at 13194. Dow's trend is firming up. Dow's future is now -13 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +73, ShanghaiC -17, Hangseng +46. STI closed -0.6 at 3026. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were MDR -0.1, Yoma +3.5, GoldenAgri +0.5, Genting -1, HPHTrust -1, Ezra -0.5, UPP +0.5, ChinaFas +0.3, Noble -1, InterraRes +2.

It was a very quiet market for most of the day with more selling pressure. The slight good pull back was good after the two days of gains. Very likely there was expectation of some consolidation in Dow. The index closed flat after hovering at slightly on the red.

Dow's future is slightly down at the moment but Europe is firm.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow opened down but closed at day high, +59 at 13253. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +35. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +7, ShanghaiC +31, Hangseng -36. STI closed at 3024 but after matching ended at 3011, -15. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up with MAs starting to cut up.

Top volumes were HPHTrust unchanged, GoldenAgri unchanged, Genting +1, LionGold +30, GLP -2, PSL +2.5, Artivision +2, UPP +1, Yoma +0.5, Noble unchanged.

Market was steady and slightly positive given Dow's gain last night. It actually closed with -2 but some big selling on matching to close -15. This could be the Friday effect when traders did not want to hold on to their position. Or could it be the fear on the Bradley Turn effect. According to the chart based on astronomy the market will initiate a sharp turn. Anyway this is something some analysts or traders may be looking at.

At the moment Dow and Europe are steady. It is possible that some consolidation could take place for the weekend.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was up on Friday while Dow pulled back slightly. Dow closed -20 at 13233. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now -38 while Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +12, ShanghaiC +5, Hangseng -203. STI closed at day low at 2990, -21. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI has slipped back down slightly.

Top volumes were HLH +0.2, MDR -0.1, EUNet unchanged, JEL +0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Centillion unchanged, JES +3, Genting -2.5, PSL -2, Noble -2.5.

Market was firm on opening with the whole world shouting bull run. A sudden sharp fall in Hangseng in the afternoon resulted in a sell down with STI ended negative. From the chart, the retreat was healthy as it closed the gap caused by a gap up last wednesday. Now if Hangseng's fall was not due to any shocking development, the STI could be steady from this point.

Blue chips and banks were relatively steady despite the selling pressure.

Europe and Dow are looking slighlty weaker but nothing serious at the moment. What is fishy is that the socalled bull run is so quiet as if nothing is happening.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow opened down but closed positive at 13239, +7. Europe was also up. Dow's trend is still up but weakening. Dow's future is now -24 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +12, ShanghaiC -33, Hangseng -227. STI closed near day low at 3003, +13. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri unchanged, Genting +1, Yoma +2.5, MDR +0.1, Ezra +2.5, Ezion +4, Noble +.5, NamCheong +1.1, LionGold +4, Yangzijiang -2.

Another very quiet day though market opened up. Market was looking good but trading was negligible. The weaknesses in Shanghai and Hangseng dragged the market down in late trading with many speculatives being sold down. Blue chips and banks were steady.

Dow and Europe are looking weak at the moment.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 69 and closed at 13170. Trend is starting to turn down. Dow's future is now +20. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -56, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng -32. STI +3 at 3006. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, Unifiber +0.1, Healthway =).1, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +1.5, Ezra +1.5, Yangzijiang unchanged, GuthrieG +3.5, NOL -3.

Market opened steady but went reeling when Hangseng started to slide down again. STI only recovered in late afternoon when Hangseng regained some of its loses. Many of the speculatives ended slightly firmer with short coverings. Blue chips were mixed.

The swing in Europe and Dow were more manageable lately. However, there are still a few axes hanging in the air. Greece is still unpredictable and Israel is still thinking of striking Iran. If this happens, it can be a big crisis.

Dow and Europe are looking better at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: