Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Feb 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was firm but closed with lesser gains at 12966, +16. Trend of Dow is flat. Dow's future is now +5 while Europe opened weak.

Asian bourses were generally firmer except for STI. Nikkei +91, ShanghaiC +22, Hangseng +77. STI -29 at 2996. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is slipping down.

Top volumes were Noble -6.5, Genting -1, Wilmar -64, GBLYellowPgs -1.6, Memstar +0.3, Unifiber unchanged, HPTrust +1.5, MDR +0.1, Yoma +1, ChinaNTown +0.2.

We are seeing another round of profit taking. The blue chips were steady but Wilmar was sold down with results claimed as under expectation though company still made more than US$260m. There is still life in penny stocks with some recovering from their recent selldown.

China stocks were the beneficiary of the easing of credits, particularly the property stocks.

Europe is showing weakness at the moment while Dow is sideway. Could see more consolidation in the two markets.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A day of consolidation for Dow and Europe. Dow -27 at 12939. Trend of Dow is flat. Dow's future is now +44 and Europe also up on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +41, ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng -168. STI -27 at 2968. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to turn down with MAs cutting downwards.

Top volumes were Genting -5, Ezion +1.5, TopGlobal -0.1, Noble -4, GoldenAgri -0.5, NOL -8, Yoma +2, HPHTrust +2, Artivision +1, ChinaFas +0.4.

Market was under selling pressure today with negative news from Wilmar and surprisingly Genting. Genting registered more profits and a maiden dividend of 1c but still got sold down. Hangseng did not help by going down further. There were still a little sign of life in select penny stocks. Blue chips were slightly weaker.

Dow and Europe are looking healthy at the moment and a good showing tonight could lift the dark clouds in our market. Otherwise it could continue to drift down further.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down in early trading but recovered to close +46 at 12985. Dow's trend is flat. Dow's future is now +28 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were slightly firmer. Nikkei +52, ShanghaiC +30, Hangseng +26. STI closed +10 at 2978. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Trend of STI is looking down.

Top volumes were Genting +2, Yoma +2.5, GoldenAgri -2, HLH -0.1, MDR unchanged, Noble +0.5, HPHTrust +1.5, InterraRes +1.5, MemstarT +0.4, ChinaTitan +0.1.

Market was mixed with a little weakness dragged down by Hangseng. Hangseng finally closed steady when Europe opened up. STI then recouped some lost ground to close the week +10.

Overall market was sideways but with penny stocks trying to make a come back. Blue chips were steady.

Europe and Dow are looking firm and may have a steady closing.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed flat, -2 on Friday at 12983. Dow's trend is flat and seems to be supporting at this level. Dow's future is now -16 but Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly lower. Nikkei -13, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng -189. STI closed at day low -31 at 2947. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to come down.

Top volumes were ChinaFas -0.3, GoldenAgri unchanged, Genting -4.5, Unifiber -0.1, AsiaWater unchanged, MemstarT -0.3, AddvalTech +0.35, Noble -2.5, Infinio -0.1, MDR unchanged.

Market was steady in the morning and was holding well at this level. It fell in the afternoon when Hangseng turned negative. The poor opening in Europe added more selling pressure to a poor closing.

There were quite a bit of force selling as well. Blue chips were mostly down but the fall was small.

Though Dow looks stable at this level, Europe is looking very weak at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down about 100 pts but managed to close flat at -1 at 12981. Dow's trend is flat and holding at this level. Dow's future is now +53 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up with Hangseng rallying to +351. Nikkei +89, ShanghaiC +5. STI closed +21 at 2968. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is still down but we have a recovery today.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, GoldenAgri -2, Genting unchanged, IPC -0.1, Noble +0.5, Infinio -0.1, HPHTrust +1.5, UniFiber -0.1, PSL -0.5, Oceanus unchanged.

Market was steady and made its recovery in the afternoon when Hangseng strengthened. It closed near its day high at 2967, +20.

There were more gainers today but very cautious with small volume.

Dow and Europe are looking good at the moment and a convincing gain tonight may trigger some interest here tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow crossed the 13000 resistance to close +24 at 13005. MAs are still pointing down but the trend is indicating to turn up. Dow's future is now +7 and Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei flat at +1, ShanghaiC -23, Hangseng +111. STI closed +24 at 2994. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is looking to turn up as well but MAs are still not turning yet.

Top volumes were MDR -0.1, Noble +4.5, GoldenAgri unchanged, Genting +2.5, HPHTrust +1.5, AdvSCT +0.2, PSL +2, AddvalTech +0.8, Yanzijiang +1, UniFiber unchanged.

Market was firm the whole day but gains were moderate. There were still some forceselling at the end of the day. We have two days of gains after last week's fall.

Europe and Dow are also looking better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: