Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Feb 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports Feb 2012 Reply with quote

A little pullback at dow last night, -21 at 12633. Dow's trend is looking down. Dow's future is now +58 while Europe opened strongly up.

Asian bourses were weaker. Nikkei +7, ShanghaiC -25, Hangseng -57. STI -2 at 2905 which was day high. Volume was 3.7b shares.

STI trend is flat .

Top volumes were Unifiber -0.8, GMG +1.3, Oceanus +0.8, MDR +0.1, Genting -4, TTint +1.3, Elektromotive +0.1, TopGlobal -0.1, AdvSCT -0.6, Hartawan +0.3.

Though sentiment was a bit cautious, penny stocks continued to be in play. Market was affected when Hangseng turned negative. STI went -20 but recovered in late afternoon when Europe opened strongly up, pulling Hangseng to close slightly better as well.

SGX as expected started its nuisance queries on the high volumes of penny stocks traded as if it is new in the market. This dampene sentiment somewhat.

With Europe and Dow looking healthy at the moment, they could both be doing ok tonight and penny stocks should continue its play tomorrow.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were steady last night. Dow +84 to close at 12716. Dow's trend is still down but yesterday's gain is giving it a hold. Dow's future is now +7. Europe opened up but is drifting down at the moment.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +67, ShanghaiC +44, Hangseng +406. STI closed -4 at 2901. Volume was 3.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening.

Top volumes were GMG +0.2, Oceanus +0.6, Noble +1.5, Unifiber unchanged, Sunmoom +0.1, Genting 1.5, TopGlobal +0.1, HPHTrust +0.4, GoldenAgri unchanged, SeeHS +2.5.

Penny stocks continued to be in play. Market was up in the morning with good volume. However the jittery in Greece took over and traders locked in profit in the afternoon. STI slipped to close at day low at 2901.

Penny stocks could still be active as long as Dow and Europe are stable. Both are weakening at the moment but fairly steady. Got to watch Greece tonight.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady last night. Dow -11 closing at 12705. Trend of Dow is still looking down. Dow's future is now -3 and Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -45, ShanghaiC +18, Hangseng +18. STI closed +17 at 2918. Volume was 3.9b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to weaken.

Top volumes were MDR +0.3, Digiland +0.1, Compact +0.1, Genting +2, ChinaEnSave unchanged, Centillion unchanged, GMG unchanged, GoldenAgri +1, Yoma +7, Oceanus +0.3.

Market is still very steady with more speculative play. Blue chips are levelling while second and third liners are still actively traded.
STI is looking toppish and starting to turn downwards and a trend reversal is forming. However, if Europe and Dow are steady, penny stock speculation could continue for a while.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow had a very strong closing on Friday with good numbers on employment. It closed +157 at 12862. MAs have turned back up after cutting downwards and could cut upwards to resume the uptrend on another positive session. Dow's future is now -63 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +97, ShanghaiC +1 and Hangseng -47. STI closed at day low, +22 after a high of 2959. It closed at 2940. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up but flattening.

Top volumes were Unifiber +0.4, GoldenAgr +2, Genting +1.5, AdvSCT +0.5, Noble +4.5, Artivision +2, Yoma +6, GMG +0.1, MDR unchanged, SeeHS +1.5.

Market continued to be actively traded. It was up the whole day with some profit taking in the afternoon. Blue Chips were still chalking up gains but play was mainly in the speculative penny stocks.

Dow and Europe are weakening at the moment and there could be some mild correction tonight. Our market is likely to see trading continuing unless there is a sharp drop in Dow tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow corrected a bit and was down about 100pts before recovering to close -17 at 12845. Dow's trend is poised to move up with MAs about to cut upwards. Dow's future is now -6 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses slipped down slightly. Nikkei -17, ShanghaiC -39, Hangseng -11. STI closed +18 at 2958. Volume was 2.8b shares.

Trend of STI is still up but gradual.

Top volumes were Unifiber -0.1, Artivision -1, Centillion unchanged, PSL +1.5, Yoma -8.5, GoldenAgri +1, Noble +3, Genting +0.5, Mewah +6.5, Digiland unchanged.

Market continued to be active with gainers outnumbering losers. Penny stocks still hoard the trading but some profit taking has started to take place. Yoma was rammed up to 57.5, doubling from the 28c it started but was sold down rapidly in the last hour to close at 43.5. This is the first big casualty of the current penny stock rally. Fundamentally the stock is looking good with the opening up of Myanmar but speculative play can make the stock swing quite wildly. It is a stock worth collecting on weaknesses.

Europe and Dow are looking slightly weak at the moment and some consolidation could take place tonight. Greece is still a nagging pain and hopefully it does not prove too painful. It is still possible for Dow to be firm tonight as its chart is looking fairly decent.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow recovered from early weakness to register a gain of 33, closing at 12878. Trend of Dow is creeping up with MAs just cutting up. Dow's future is now +33 and Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses rallied. Nikkei +98, ShanghaiC +56, Hangseng +319. STI gained another 24 to close at 2982. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is firming up a little.

Top volumes were GMG +0.4, GoldenAgri +2, Genting +5.5, Oceanus +0.5, Unifiber +0.2, ChinaEnSave -0.1, Artivision -3, InterraRes +13, Yoma +5, IPC +7.8.

Market continued to rally with relatively active trading. Rotational play continued with more revaluation of laggard penny stocks. InterraRes and IPC made gains of more than 50%. Blue chips too made good gains, in particular property counters.

The strength of Europe on opening gave further support to the rally which was seen as a bit toppish. How long will the rally stretch will depend on how firm the markets in Europe and Dow behave.

Both Dow and Europe are looking healthy at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow fell about 100 pts but recovered to close +6 at 12883. Dow's trend is still up but MAs are flat. Dow's future is now +9 and Europe up on opening with more positive news on the Greece crisis.

Asian bourses close flat. Nikkei -13, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng -8. STI closed -1 at 2981. Volume was 3.5b shares.

STI trend is still up.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.1, Unifiber -0.1, Genting +0.5, GoldenAgri -0.5, Oceanus +0.2, IPC +3, Yoma -3, SeeHS +1.5, Noble -1, InterraRes unchanged.

Market was cautious about Dow showing signs of pulling back. It fell in early trading but recovered some ground only to fall back on profit taking in late afternoon. Market closed mixed. Yoma was sold down to 41 before recovering to close at 45.5. There was news that UOB has put a restriction on the purchase of this stock and there were some panic selling. There seems to be some strength at this level. Speculative play was still active.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment. Our market is pretty toppish and any negative signs will see selling pressure.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow had an intra day correction and closed flat, +6.5 at 12779. Trend of Dow is flattening. Dow's future is now -63 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -55, ShanghaiC +2, Hangseng +226. STI closed -21 at 2960. Volume was 3.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flattening as well.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri -1, Genting -2, Ecowise 0.12, Ipco -0.2, TopGlobal unchanged, Meiban +1.5, Unifiber -0.2, Noble -0.5, GMG -0.6, ChinaFas +2.3.

Market was steady in the morning but slipped on profit taking. It soon turned into a correction and selling continued throughout the afternoon. STI closed at near day low at 2960. It is a good correction after the recent rally.

Though many counters were in the red, there were still some gainers on rotation play. The curb on Yoma saw it closed at .395. There were also news of other curbs being imposed.

Dow and Europe are looking weak and are likely to correct as well. If they can close firm tonight then our speculative activity should continue on Monday. A sharp drop will see more corrections on Monday.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow did some correction on Friday and closed at 12801. MAs have cut downwards. Trend is looking like slipping. Dow future's is now +93, and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly positive. Nikkei +52, Shanghai flat, Hangseng +103. STI closed at day high at 2976, +16. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but slightly on the positive side.

Top volumes were PSL +5.5, Genting +1.5, Ipco, -0.1, TopGlobal +0.1, Hartawan +1.1, Yoma 7.5, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble -0.5, Unifiber unchanged.

Our market opened down but recovered when Hangseng was up. Market continued to strengthen in late afternoon when Europe opened higher.
The market was nervy when Yoma reopened with announcement of rights issue. It fell initially to a low of 38 before buyers returned to push it to close at 47. The recovery of Yoma was a boost that penny stock play is back.

With the Greece Parliament passing the belt tightening measures and widespread protest, most markets seemed to take it in their strike that it should blow over. Dow and Europe are pretty firm at the moment. Hopefully nothing serious happens in Greece tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow climbed 73 to close at 12874. Trend is flat. Dow's future is now -23 while Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +53, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng +30. STI +11 at day high of 2987. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but steady.

Top volume was Artivision +3, Yoma -1, Noble +1.5, Genting -0.5, ChinaNTown +0.2, GoldenAgri -0.5, PSL +0.5, Ipco unchanged, Centillion -0.1.

Market was down in the morning but recovered at about lunch time with a bit of interest returning to penny stocks. Blue chips and banks were mixed. Speculative interest is still there and as long as Europe and Dow are steady, the market should still be active though on the high side.

The signals at Dow and Europe at the moment are fairly stable and not going to see dramatic changes if the protest in Greece did not go out of hand.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were flat last night. Dow +4 closing at 12878. Dow's future is now +60 while Europe opened strongly up. Trend of Dow is slipping down with MAs already cutting downwards.

Asian bourses mostly rallied today. Nikkei +208, ShanghaiC +22 and Hangseng +447. STI closed near day high at 3011, +24. Volume was 2.9b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly up.

Top gainers were GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +2.5, Unifiber +0.1, Genting +1, STXOSV +18.5, Ipco +0.1, Artivision unchanged, Midas +1.5, TT Int +4, KeongHong unchanged.

After an early morning jittery market recovered strongly led by Hangseng. The sentiment is bullish with across the board gainers and specific stocks made very good gains. The STI crossed the crucial 3000 mark. Chartwise we are seeing a double bottom which is good. However, MAs are flattening and may see a correction coming on.

The brave and daring are making a killing today. Need to be cautious.

Dow and Europe are looking strong for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow fell 97 to close at 12781. Trend is beginning to turn down with MAs cutting down and widening. Dow's future is now -46 and Europe opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -22, ShanghaiC -10, Hangseng -88. STI closed -34 at 2977. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is turning and MAs are poised to cut downwards.

Top volumes were Noble -6.5, Oceanus unchanged, Genting -2.5, GoldenAgri -0.5, Unifiber -0.2, Digiland unchanged, Mewah -2.5, Olam -10, Dukang +1.5, Ipco -0.3.

Market was weak for the whole day with the fall in Dow. The fall was deeper at the end of the day to close at day low when more sellers came in. Europe's weak opening with Greece threatening to be kicked out of EU became a reason to square off positions.

Both Europe and Dow are not looking good at the moment. Any further losses tonight would probably kick start a correction.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was surprisingly strong to close at 12904, +123. Trend is still down but should turn back up on another positive session. Dow's future is now +12 while Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were generally positive. Nikkei +146, ShanghaiC flat, Hangseng +23. STI closed +23 at 3000. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Sunmoon -0.1, Oceanus +0.1, Genting +0.5, JEL +0.2, Elektromotive unchanged, UniAsia +4.5, Silverlake +4, Chemoil +7, GoldenAgri unchanged, Ipco unchanged.

Market was boosted by the strong closing in Dow last night and expectation was high. Most stocks opened higher but an expected run did not take place. Friday could be the reason. Anyway most stocks closed firm which was good for a weekend. The STI closing at 3000 is a strong statement of strength.

The fear of Greece is still there but seems to be abating. Hopefully nothing serious over the weekend. Now another crisis is brewing over Israel and Iran.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed firm on Friday at 12950, +46. MAs have started to kink up and trend could turn up again. Dow's future is now +35 while Europe opened up as well.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +101, ShanghaiC +6, hangseng -67. STI +21 at 3021. Volume was 2.6b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but biased towards the upside.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, TopGlobal +0.1, GMG +0.2, Oceanus +0.5, Unifiber +0.1, GoldenAgri +1.5, JEL unchanged, Lereno +0.1, PSL +1.5, Memstar +0.3.

Market opened positive with the good closing at Dow on Friday and generally positive news coming out of China and Europe. The only bad news is the tension between Iran and Israel.

While most bourses were up, including Hangseng, the latter fell in the afternoon to negative territory. STI closed slightly better with some short covering during matching. But a substantial number of speculative counters closed in the red.

Dow and Europe are looking okay at the moment and should be positive tonight. Israel/Iran is the only big dark cloud.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was closed last night. Dow's future is now +60. Europe opened slightly down but turning positive at the moment.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -22, ShanghaiC +18, Hangseng +54. STI closed +4 at 3025. Volume was 2.3b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri unchanged, ChinaFas -1.2, Yangzijiang +6.5, Genting -1, Oceanus +0.4, MDR unchanged, Cosco +3.5, Broadway +9, HPH Trust -1, Noble -1.

Market was mixed and dragged down by a weak Hangseng. There were some short covering to keep the STI in the positive after matching.

China stocks like Cosco and Yangzijiang were still running. Blue chips were mixed. Some selective play on penny stocks was still on but activities had slowed down a little.

The settlement of Greece issue was not greeted with any fanfare. However it should remove one of the thorny issues at hand. After a negative opening, Europe is looking healthier at the moment.

Dow and Europe are looking steady for tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: