Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports Jan 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Daily Reports Jan 2012 Reply with quote

Dow closed the year slightly down, -69 at 12218. Trend is flat. No data available for Dow's future at the moment. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were up with Hangseng +443. Nikkei +56, ShanghaiC +26. STI +42 at 2688. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly up with the gains today.

Top volumes were GMG +0.7, Genting +5.5, GoldenAgri +1, UMS +2.5, Noble +3, Mewah +2.5, GentingHK +3.5, PSL +0.5, Memstar +0.5, Keong Hong +0.5.

There was an across the board gains today with most counters in the green. This could be the Capricorn effect that came early. However, looking at the volume, it is still a very inactive market with not many investors coming in. It could be funds repositioning themselves and their computers doing all the trading.

If there is any sentiment, it is calm and slightly positive.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow gained 180 last night to close at 12397. The trend is starting to move up slightly. Dow's future is now -13 and Europe is negative.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +105, ShanghaiC -30, Hangseng -150. STI +23 at 2711. Volume was 1b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were GMG +0.1, ShengSiong +3.5, GoldenAgri +0.5, Genting -0.5, Noble -1, KeongHong -1,Yoma -1, Centillion unchanged, Singtel +1, Armarda unchanged.

Market opened up but profit taking set in quickly to push it back down a little. Market ended near its day high with some short coverings at the end of the day. Sentiment is still stable at the moment and is expected to hold for a few more days. There is no clear direction as trading was still thin and any big movements in Dow will swing the trend either way.

Dow and Europe are looking for a weaker opening tonight but not expecting any big swing either.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow opened down but closed nearly flat, -3 at 12416. Dow's future is now +9 and Europe opened up. Trend is firming up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -98, ShanghaiC +15, Hangseng -220. STI closed +3 at 2176. Volume was 840m shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were TT Int unchanged, Noble -1.5, Genting +3.5, GMG unchanged, Singtel unchanged, GoldenAgri unchanged, Yoma unchanged, Oceanus +0.1, Hartawan +0.4, GentingHK +1.

Market drifted down with investors clearing positions on a Friday. Some buying returned in late afternoon when Europe opened up. There were some small plays in the market but looking at the volume it was still anaemic.
Our market has been consolidating at this level over the last few days and is looking quite steady. Blue chips are slowly crawling back up. For the speculatives, the trading range is still very small, favouring the machines. If this does not tell people what's wrong with the market, then they are either stupid or pretending not to know. Small investors have very little chances of making money if the system continues without the systemic problem being tackled. And retail traders will keep diminishing.

Dow and Europe are looking good tonight at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed the week slightly weaker, -56 at 12360. Trend is beginning to turn down. Dow's future is now +19 while Europe is mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei closed, ShanghaiC +62, Hangseng +273. STI closed -24 at 2691. Volume was 1.2b shares.

Trend is still up but will break on another day of weakness.

Top volumes were Scintronix -0.1, SingXpress +0.1, Noble -4, GoldenAgri -0.5, GMG =0.1, Singtel -3, Yoma +0.5, Artivision +2, HPH Trust -1.

Market was down most of the day but recovered when Hangseng recovered from nearly 300 pts down to close +273. The recovery for STI did not last long and last minute selling brought it down to -24. It was strictly a trading market with small gains and losses. Blue chips returned some of their gains made last week.

Market will remain in small trading range for the time being.

Dow and Europe are looking steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow inched up slightly, +33 at 12393. Trend is rather flat and consolidating for the last few days at the current level. Dow's future is now +52.

Asian bourses were firmer. Nikkei +32, ShanghaiC +60, Hangseng +139. STI +27 at 2719. Volume was 1b shares.

Uptrend of STI is strengthening.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +1, Noble +0.5, Genting +1, Yoma +1.5, Ezion +3, Artivision +1.5, HPHTrust +2, Centillion -0.1, GMG unchanged, SembMar +21.

Market opened slightly up and continued to gain grounds throughout the day. More buying activities in late afternoon when Europe opened up. Though market volume was still low, sentiment is much better. The gains were across the board with blue chips making more gains while marine stocks rallied strongly.

Dow and Europe are looking good for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slight pull back at Dow last night, -13 at 12449. Trend is slightly up but flattening. Dow's future is now -12 but Europe marginally up on opening.

Asian bourses were slightly weaker. Nikkei -62, ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng -57. STI closed -3 at 2744. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were ChinaTitan +0.1, GoldenAgri -1.5, Genting -0.5, HPHTrust +1, Noble -1.5, DynaMac -1, GMG -0.1, TuanSing unchanged, CMZ unchanged, Artivision -0.5.

Market was steady the whole day but some profit taking had started. Several speculatives have returned most of their gains over the last 3 sessions. The index was held steady by bank stocks while the rest of the blue chips were weakening, except for Jardine C&C, gaining another 34c.

Market seems to be a bit tired and can be sold down quickly. Tomorrow is Friday and next week is heading towards the CNY holiday.

If Dow and Europe were to weaken tonight, the selling will start tomorrow. At the moment Dow is slightly on the downside while Europe is slighlty up.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow inched up 22 pts last night to close at 12471. Dow has been at this level for nearly 2 weeks. MAs are starting to turn down. Trend is flat at the moment. Dow's future is now +11 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +114, ShanghaiC -30, Hangseng +109. STI closed at day high, +45 at 2789. Volume was 1.2b shares.

STI trend is firmly up.

Top volumes were Noble +2.5, Genting +1, GoldenAgri +2, GMG +0.2, TT Int +0.1, Oceanus +0.2, CMZ unchanged, ChinaFash +0.4, GentingHK +1.5, Singtel +4.

Market started cautiously and continued to climb higher in the afternoon to close at day high. The expected profit taking on a Friday did not come about. Blue chips and banks made strong gain, probably with the buying by funds. This was helped by the calming of the financial situation in Europe. Penny stocks and speculatives were marginally better with one or two bids gains.

Europe is still firming up but Dow appears to be weakening at the moment though still positive. Dow looks more likely to pull back tonight at the MAs are weakening. A firm closing at Dow will be helped or market to continue to rise next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe hit by S&P downgrading. Dow -49 closing at 12422, off its low. The MAs of Dow are about to cut downwards. Dow's future is now -45. Europe has opened mixed but strengthening.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -122, ShanghaiC -38, Hangseng -192. STI -35 closing at 2756. Volume was 912m shares.

The uptrend of STI is seeing the first break down.

Top volumes were EuNetworks -0.2, Noble -2, Genting -2.5, HPHTrust +1, IEV +4, GoldenAgri 1.5, Centillion unchanged, SeeHS 3.5, ChinaFash +2, CarrierNet +0.1.

Market was selling from the start. Blue chips took a hit as investors cashed in quickly to protect their gains. Penny stocks drifted down slightly but there was still some play with switching to some other stocks. The sentiment was steady despite what had happened to Europe's downgrade.

Europe has opened firm and looks like the downgrading is quite well absorbed. Dow's future is also improving and is only -14 at the moment. Both Dow and Europe are looking steady for tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was closed last night. Dow's future is now +91. Europe opened very firm and the downgrading nervousness is past.

Asian bourses rallied strongly. Nikkei +88, ShanghaiC +92, Hangseng +616. STI closed +59 at 2816. Volume has improved to 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Noble +6.5, Genting +4, GMG +0.5, GoldenAgri +1.5, IEV +4, Yangzijiang +4.5, Midas +2, Singtel -1, HPHTrust +2, GentingHK +1.5.

Market was steady on opening and only started to run up in the afternoon with Hangseng taking the lead. It closed at day high with gainers across the board. It is a slightly delayed Capricorn effect helped by a steady Europe. Blue chips made good gains and so were the speculatives. The buying interest has improved.

With Europe and Dow looking good, there is good chance that market could be good for a few more days.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was much higher but closed +60 at 12482. The MAs have temporarily avoided a cutting down. Trend is flat. Dow's future is now -11 while Europe opened down but improving slightly.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +84, ShanghaiC -32, Hangseng +59. STI closed near day low at 2794, -20. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were Noble -0.5, Genting -2, GMG -0.2, GoldenAgri -1, SeeHS +3.5, Rowsley +0.6, Singtel -2, Artivision unchanged, IEV -0.5, Yangzijiang +0.5.

Market opened positive with some buying to push stocks higher. Profit taking set in in the afternoon and continued to get weaker when Europe opened down. There were more selling but fairly steady. Blue chips returned some gains but nothing serious.

Thought market should still be ok till Friday but profit taking was swift. Tomorrow could still be some play if Dow and Europe are firm tonight. At the moment they are both slightly down.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up +97 to close at 12579. Trend is turning slightly up. Dow's future is now -4 and Europe opened marginally up.

Asian bourses were mostly positive. Nikkei +84, ShanghaiC +30, Hangseng +256. STI +17 at 2812. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking up.

Top volumes were Noble +4.5, GMG +0.1, ChinaTitan +0.1, GoldenAgri -0.5, Genting unchanged, Artivision +1, Singtel -3, Mewah +1, Midas +1, Capitaland +11.

A day of cautious trading with the long weekend approaching. Blue chips continued to add on to their gains. Speculatives and second liners too inched up slightly. Logically tomorrow should see some closing of positions to lock in the gains.

Dow and Europe remain stable and looking better. The dark cloud is Hormuz and can flare up at any time.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe continued to run up. Dow +45 to close at 12624. Trend is turning slightly up. Dow's future is -20, and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were boosted by the positive effort by IMF on Europe's problem and the gains in both Dow and Europe. Nikkei +127, ShanghaiC +23, Hangseng +167. STI +38 at 2849, near its day high. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Genting +6, Noble +7, GoldenAgri +1, GentingHK +1.5, GMG -0.1, LiHeng +0.1, Singtel -1, ShengSiong +1, KGreen -0.5, SeeHS -3.5.

Market did the contrarian with a CNY rally despite the long weekend and the uncertainties in Hormuz. It makes many long term investors happier for the start of a new lunar year. Though Europe and Dow were getting better, it is still the big boys that are controlling the market and would dare to take such a move.

Who are really owning all the high speed computers and moving the market is something that small investors would like to know. Maybe the market is celebrating the new salary for the ministers and giving it a boost of confidence.

The last few days of gains in Europe and Dow is looking like ripening and maybe a profit taking should come in tonight.

Cheers and happy lunar New Year.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady over the last two days. Dow was -33 last night at 12676. Trend of Dow is flattening and may turn back down. Dow's future is now +12 while Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were firm with Nikkei +98. Shanghai and Hangseng were closed. STI +42 closing at 2892. Volume was 1.4b shares.

STI trend is up.

Top volumes were Noble +7, Genting +4, GoldenAgri -0.5, Artivision +3.5, PSL +1.5, YingLi +3.5, Singtel -2, Yangzijiang +5.5, Ausgrp +2.5, Midas +2.

The CNY rally continued. STI has been on the uptrend for about 3 weeks. Today is the sharpest gain over this period and a correction is on the card. Being the first day after the CNY, it was a good start for the year of the Dragon. Many stocks, both first and second liners, made good gains.

And all these despite the threatening Hormuz crisis and the resurgence of problems in Greece and Italy. Normally such bad news would have sent the market reeling.

Europe opened slightly up while Dow's future is still looking good. Both are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down on opening but closed at day high at 12757, +81. Dow's trend is flat but steady with a slightly upward bias. Dow's future is now -18 while Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -34, Hangseng +329. Shanghai still closed. STI closed +3 at 2894. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Top volumes were Noble -1.5, Genting -2, GoldenAgri -0.5, UtdEnvirotech +1, Artivision +2, Dynamac +4.5, Singtel +4, GMG unchanged, Cosco -0.5, Yangzijiang unchanged.

The market was rammed up on opening to a high of 2918 but profit taking came in swiftly to wipe out most of the gains with many counters turning red. There was a bit of short covering at the end of the day to return the index to positive. It touched a low of 2876.

Today is the first day of profit taking and the stability may be deceiving. Tomorrow is Friday and more profit taking may come in especially if Dow is weak. It could be a repeat of today with morning gains and profit taking at the end of the day. At the moment both Europe and Dow are looking quite steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and Dow were surprisingly steady over the last few sessions and last night was no different. Both came down slightly. Dow was -22 after early gains to close at 12735. Dow's trend is flat and looking more like running out of steam in the current uptrend. Dow's future is now +6.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -8, Hangseng +63. Shanghai still closed. STI closed at 2916, +22. This is day high. Volume was 1.8b shares.

Top volumes were Unifiber +1, Noble +3.5, Artivision -0.5, Genting +1.5, Healthway +0.5, AdvSCT +0.1, GoldenAgri +1, Subgtel +1, SkyOne +0.5, GMG -0.1.

Market opened slightly up but fell when profit taking set in. During the last hour of trading short covering came back strongly to push market to day high. It was a surprisingly strong closing for a weekend.

Europe and Dow are looking steady. Europe is mixed on opening while Dow's future is now +6. There could still be some weakness and profit taking over there tonight. Otherwise seems pretty steady.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: