Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports December 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow had an intra day correction last night, went down but closed +4. The trend is moving up again. Dow's future is now +57 and Europe firmly up at the moment.

Asian bourses closed marginally down. Nikkei -65, ShanghaiC -5, Hangseng -38. STI closed at day low, -9 at 2665. Volume was a record day low of 585m shares.

STI trend is turning up.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +1, IEV +0.5, GMG +0.3, HPHTrust unchanged, Genting -1, LionGold -0.5, Singtel +1, Hartawan +0.8, PSL +1, CNMC +2.5.

Market was sideways and really really quiet. The volume was a recent low of 585m shares. It looks like market is going into hibernation. It could be just the year end but it could be worst. At this rate it might reach comatose soon. If this persists, the implosion is going to be soon.

Who is trying to bluff who that the stock market is doing fine?

Dow and Europe are looking fine at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up last night, +62 at 12170. Trend is up. Dow's future is now +60 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -65, ShanghaiC +18, Hangseng +251. STI +12 at 2676. Volume was 509m shares.

STI trend is up.

Top volumes were GMG -0.2, Noble unchanged, GoldenAgri +1, Genting +1.5, Liongold unchanged, Keong Hong +1, MDR unchanged, HPHTrusrt +0.5, GLP +2, Amtek unchanged.

Another very quiet day but market was steady. Volume shrunk further to a low of 509m shares.

Dow and Europe should be okay tonight.

Cheers and Merry Xmas.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were firmer on Friday. Dow was +124 at 12294. Dow's trend is up with 4 days of consecutive gains. No data on Dow's future today.

Asian bourses were slightly down. Nikkei -39, ShanghaiC -24 and Hangseng closed. STI closed -3 at 2674. Volume was 790m shares.

Trend of STI is about to break up and do the golden crossing.

Top volumes were Eucon +0.6, GMG -0.1, IEV +3, Oceanus +0.6, SkyOne +0.1, ChinaFash -0.1, Noble -2.5, ChinaMinZhong +11.5, LionGold +0.5, Genting -1.

Another quiet trading day but market was mixed. There were some nibbling of stocks in anticipation of window dressing on Friday. Otherwise it was a non event. For many stocks it is a repeat of up 1 or 2 bids and the risk of throwing down several bids more.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed flat, -3 at 12291. Dow trend is still up but flattening. Dow's future is now -29 and Europe opens down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -17, ShanghaiC +4, Hangseng -111. STI -7 at 2666. Volume was 1b shares.

Trend is flat but turning down.

Top volumes were GMG -0.1, IEV -1.5, HPHTrust +1.5, GoldenAgri -0.5, Noble -2.5, PSL +0.5, Oceanus unchanged, LionGold +0.5, Memstar +0.2, Artivision +1.

Sentiment was negative from opening with some selling. Market ended slightly lower as volume of transaction remained low. There was no positive lead from anywhere and the pattern of computer trading continues.

Two more days of trading left for the year and at the moment nothing dramatic is expected
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -140 last night, closing at 12151. Trend is starting to turn and showing sign of the first break from the short term uptrend. Dow's future is now +37 and Europe up slightly on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -25, ShanghaiC +3.5, Hangseng -121. STI unchanged at 2666. Volume was a low of 585m shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were GMG +0.1, GoldenAgri unchanged, DynaMac +1.5, HPHTrust unchanged, Oceanus +0.1, SMB +3.5, LionGold unchanged, Noble +0.5, IEV unchanged, Genting unchanged.

Another day of very quiet trading. Market opened slightly down and made an effort to move up but still closed flat. It traded in a very small range of 15 pts. The volume of 580m shares is going to be tough for broking houses to make a living. I made an error over the last two sessions on the volumes, with Tue and Wed at about 350m and 500m respectively. As the volume remains at this level, the market is really looking like a cemetry.

The prices were hardly moving other than a few stocks and breaking even is a tough proposition.

Europe and Dow may be flat or slightly positive tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow managed a gain of 136 to close at 12287. Trend is flat. Dow's future is now -22 while Europe opened flat but is starting to turn positive.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +56, ShanghaiC +26, Hangseng +36. STI -18 at 2655. volume was 538m shares.

STI trend is flat.

Top volumes were Yoma +3, Noble -1.5, CNMC +1.5, Capitaland -4, AusGroup +0.5, GoldenAgri -0.5, GMG unchanged, LionGold +1, IEV -0.5, MDR unchanged.

Another uneventful day. The expected year end window dressing did not materialise. In fact several counters were sold down during the last half and hour. Penny stocks were mixed.

Dow is now -22 and Europe flat.

Cheers and Happy New Year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: