Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports December 2011
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Daily reports December 2011 Reply with quote

When everything was bleak, when all the analysts were painting the end of the world, Dow and Europe did a turnaround in not a small way. Dow +490 pts, one of the biggest gains in a day to close at 12046. Europe also made big gains. Dow's future is now slightly down at -37. Europe also opened down a little.

The trend of Dow is turning back up.

Asian bourses also rallied strongly. Nikkei +163, ShanghaiC +53, Hangseng +1013. STI +59 to close at 2962. Volume was 1.67b shares.

STI trend also started to turn up.

Top volumes were GMG R unchanged, Noble +6, Genting +3.5, GoldenAgri +1.5, Singxpress unchanged, Yanlord +1.5, GMG -0.4, HPH Trust +1.5, Memstar +0.2, Singtel +0.4.

Last night was a flood of good news with Europe and US central banks agreeing to support the affected countries with more liquidity. China also announced a loosening of credit to prevent further falls on its property markets. The strong performance in Europe and US markets gave an excuse for Asian markets to run up. Blue chips and banks were big gainers and the gains spread across the board.,

The sharp gains could lead to a slight pull back but should be quite steady as the bad news have all been out. Just wait for the analysts to scream for buy tomorrow if Dow is steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow retreated marginally last night, -26 at 12020. Europe was firmer. Dow's future is now +116 and Europe opened strongly. Dow's uptrend is firming with a golden crossing last night.

Asian bourses were mixed heading for the weekend. Nikkei +46, ShanghaiC -26, Hangseng +38, STI closed at day high, +11 at 2773. Volume was a creepy 968m shares.

STI trend is turning up and should get a golden crossing on Monday if Dow is firm tonight.

Top volumes were GMG R -0.8, Noble +3, GoldenAgri -0.5, GMG -0.5, Genting +3, Memstar =0.6, TA Corp +1.5, Armarda+0.1, Singxpress unchanged, HPH trust +1.5.

The firm closing in Europe and Dow saw a steady opening this morning. Market fell on weakness in Hangseng. The upgrading of OCBC and UOB gave the market good support. Market only ran back up in late afternoon when Europe opened strongly up. Banks and blue chips were healthier except for DBS.

From a market with only pockets of green, the closing was a sea of green. Sentiment appears to be firm though market volume was exceptionally low.

Dow and Europe are looking for a steady run tonight and our market is likely to be ok next week.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed unchanged on Friday after staying up for the first half of the day. Dow's trend is still looking up. Dow's future is now +95 and Europe also opened positive.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +52, ShanghaiC -27, Hangseng +139. STI closed -7 at 2766. Volume was 1.2b shares.

STI trend is moving up slightly.

Top volume was GMG R +0.2, Noble +0.5, GMG +0.6, GoldenAgri -0.5, Genting -0.5, TH Bev unchanged, Memstar -0.1, PSL +1.5, Libra +3, Singtel +4.

Another quiet day with little activities from the last feel Mohicans that are still alive. Everyone is waiting for the funds to move the market either way. The funds is looking lethargic too as there are not many small investors to fleece anymore. Most stocks traded at a small range of one or two bids which was very difficult for the small players to make any gains.

Market tried to move up when Europe opened positive, but there was just nobody there to sustain it. The funds have no reason to do so. This is the pathetic state of a failed market that is dying by the day.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed +78 at 12098 but could have been better if not for the uncertainties in Europe. There is this new threat of more downgradings by the rating agencies across Europe. Dow's trend is holding up. Dow's future is firming and positive, +23, after remaining in negative for the whole day. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -121, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng -237. STI closed -17 at 2749. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is still slightly up but flattening.

The positive closing at Dow last night supported a steady opening in the morning. However, all the negative news in the horizon quickly led to a sell down. Market remained down and quiet for the most part of the day. It only regained some lost ground to close slightly better. At worst STI was at 2736.

Market is thining further with lesser and lesser traders in the market. Sentiment is unhealthy again and most traders are just losing money. There was a fictional play with Amtek being pushed up yesterday and it was PSL's turn today. In the blue chip section it was Jardine C&C that gained 56c. Other than these 3 stocks, the rest were barely staying white with many in the red.

Of course some quarters will be claiming market is still very much alive.

Dow is looking better than Europe at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stability with some signs of agreement in Europe. Dow closed +52 at 12150. Dow looks like embarking on an uptrend. Dow's future is now +102. Europe opened strongly with Frankfurt +92 at the moment.

Asian bourses were firmer with Europe's crisis easing somewhat. Nikkei +147, ShanghaiC +7, Hangseng +298. STI +33 at 2783. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is looking better after threatening to slide back down during the last two sessions.

Top volumes were PSL -2, GoldenAgri +1.5, GMG R +0.2, Noble +0.5, Genting +1.5, HPH Trust +2, GMG +0.1, Yangzijiang +4, Mewah +3, Singtel +7.

Market was steady in the morning and only shot up in the afternoon. It gained strength when Europe is looking close to an agreement. It closed near its day high but with some profit taking at the end of the day. Blue chips were steadier.

Though Europe is calmer, S&P is still adopting a very threatening position, hinting of downgrading more European countries. It is like fishing in trouble water.

Sentiment is looking better and Europe and Dow are looking good for tonight. The only dark cloud is what the S&P is going to do at crucial moments like now. They could turn everything upside down anytime.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were steady. Dow +46 closing at 12196 while waiting for a solution in Europe. Trend is firming up nicely for Dow. Dow's future is now +2 while Europe opened positive.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -58, ShanghaiC -3, Hangseng -133. STI -54 closing at 2728. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is still up but we are seeing the first sign of breaking down.

Top volumes were GMG R +0.2, GMG +0.2, Capitaland -19, GoldenAgri -1.5, Singexpress -0.1, Singtel -5, Noble -1.5, HPH Trust -0.5, Genting -1.5, Yangzijiang -2.

Market today was slammed by the cooling measures for properties. Property and bank counters were hit. Overall market sentiment was affected.

Europe is still plagued by uncertainties and the fear of Euro being dismantled. That would have severe consequences. If the indices are any indication, a solution, and a positive one should be in the cards and could be reached quite soon. It has dragged on for too long.

It's a missed opportunity for our market to stay up one more day if not for the property news.

Dow and Europe seem slightly positive for now.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow tumbled 199 pts after Europe's big pow wow failed to make progress to its financial crisis. Another chance to seal a deal tonight and hopefully something postive can come out of it or it will be disastrous. Dow's uptrend is weakening and can turn down on another day of falls. Dow's future was negative but turning positive, +37 at the moment with Europe firming up after a negative opening.

Asian bourses were sharply down. Nikkei -128, ShanghaiC -14.6. Hangseng was sold down badly, -522 and closed before seeing Europe's recovery. STI closed -24 at 2704, off its day low of 2681.

STI trend is turning down and MAs are about to cut downwards.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +0.5, Noble -2.5, Genting -1.5, GMG -0.3, Capitaland -7, HPH Trust -1, THBEV unchanged, Singtel -1, SkyOne unchanged, Yanlord -2.

Our market was steady in early trading but hurt by Hangseng's sharp fall. It went down to 2681 as Hangseng closed -522. Europe also opened in the negative but subsequently recovered and allowed STI to claw back and closed firmer. Unfortunately during matching time some monkey business happened and it ended -34 instead at 2694.

Actually not too bad for a weak Friday with so many uncertainties.

Europe and Dow are looking firmer at the moment. Hope something good comes out of Europe for a firm closing tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong closing at Dow and Europe on Friday. Dow closed +187 at 12184. Dow's trend is turning back up. Dow's future is now -82 and Europe opened down.

Asian bourses rallied in the morning but Hangseng turned negative, closing -11. Nikkei +117 and ShanghaiC -24. STI closed +8 at 2702, near its day low. Volume was another low of 867m shares.

Top volumes were Singtel +8, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +0.5, Genting -2, GMG unchanged, Yangzijiang +1, HPHTrust +0.5, Hankore -1, MDR unchanged, Oceanus -0.1.

STI trend is flat.

Another very quiet day. Market up on opening but fell in the after when there was no follow through as there was hardly any activity. Though many have gone on holiday, the low volume is frightening as it is going to be like this for a while. The damage done to the market is pretty severe and not going to recover without a major overhaul. An upheaval in the industry is approaching as broking houses cannot continue to operate with this kind of volume.

It is time like this that people like Koh Beng Seng is being missed. He would not have let the market get into such a bad state. Rip Van Winkle is still happily dozing off without knowing what is happening or pretending that things are ok. It is simply pathetic.

Europe and Dow are looking like pulling back tonight. Both are negative at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe took another bashing last night. Dow -163 at 12021. Trend is flat and could start to dip on another day of weakness. Dow's future is now +8 and Europe just turn negative.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -101, ShanghaiC -43, Hangseng -128. STI closed -16 at 2686. Volume was 962m shares.

STI trend is starting to slip down with MAs cutting downwards.

Top volumes were PSL +3, GoldenAgri unchanged, Genting -0.5, Noble -1.5, Gallant +0.5, Singtel -3, Centillion unchanged, ThBEV -0.5, Memstar -0.3, Digiland unchanged.

Another quiet day of trading. Market was down on opening but managed to hold on without slipping too far down. Europe's firmer opening helped to attract some nibbling of penny stocks. It was really a very dull market not going anywhere. The downgrading of Europe is still in the air and not much hope of any positive news for a recovery yet.

Looking for more sideway markets and any recovery is not going to be of any significance.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up most of the session till the last hour when it was sold down. It closed -66 at 11955. Dow's trend is starting to turn down with MAs about to cut downwards. Dow's future is now +36 but Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -34, ShanghaiC -20, Hangseng -93. STI -13 at 2672, near day low. Volume another miserable 834m shares.

Trend of STI is going down.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri unchanged, PSL +0.5, Singtel -3, Noble -1, SkyOne unchanged, Genting -0.5, HPHTrust unchanged, Chasen +1.5, NOL +1.5, LionGold +0.5.

Another uneventful day with little activity. Market ended mixed. Would the volume increase after the holiday season and would it make any difference?

Europe is still dragging the sentiment down and nothing to look for in the near future.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bad day for Dow last night, -131 at 11823. Dow's trend is down and looking unhealthy with a double top forming. Dow's future is now +18 and Europe opened up.

Asian bourses fell. Nikkei -143, ShanghaiC -48, Hangseng -328. STI closed near day low at 2635, -37. Volume was 1b shares.

STI trend is going down.

Top volumes were ChinaFlash +1, GoldenAgri -0.5, Noble -2.5, Singtel -5, Genting unchanged, PSL +1, DynaMac +1, GMG unchanged, HPH Trust -1.5, Capitaland -4.

Another quiet day with Dow and Europe looking weak. Market went down and only some short coming in the last hour pulled it back up a little. This was dragged down again during matching.

Maybe got to wait till next week when punters start to reposition for the begining of next year. The Capricorn effect may not be much to look out for.

There could be a little pull back in Dow tonight after 3 nights of falls.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was firm last night and so was Dow but all ended with marginal gains. Dow closed +45 at 11869. Dow's trend is still looking down and last night was the first day of gain after falling 3 days in a row. Dow's future is now +45 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly positive. Nikkei +24, ShanghaiC +44, Hangseng +259. STI closed +24 at 2659. Volume was 1.2b shares.

STI trend is still down.

Top volumes were Goldtron unchanged, PSL +0.5, GoldenAgri unchanged, Noble +1, GMG -0.1, Singtel +8, Genting +2.5, GLP +3, THBEV -0.5, Centillion unchanged.

Another quiet day except the computers trying churn up some numbers. The firmer closing at Dow and Europe prevented the market from going further down. There was a bit of bottom fishing but mostly intra day trading. Interest in the market was neglible as most players were not returning.

Dow and Europe look steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up in early trading but ended flat, -2 at 11866. Trend is slipping down but may hold at this level. Dow's future is now +18 and Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -106, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng -215. STI closed -41 at 2618. Volume was 916m shares.

STI trend is down and may go down further after breaking 2650.

Top volumes were PSL -0.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, ShengSiong +1.5, Federal -2, GMG -0.3, Singtel -5, Genting -1.5, Noble -4, Digiland unchanged, KeongHong -1.

Another miserable day of quiet trading if there really was any trading. Most of the counters were red. If there is no pick up after the holiday when the funds reopen their books, this is going to be a dead market. The game that the computers are playing is to push up two bits to trap traders and then force it down much lower to force the short term traders to liquidate at a loss.

Very sad to have such kind of play. But there was an excellent article in the ST today praising how great our market is. I just hope the reporter knows what he is writing and that he is right. I am very pessimistic about the health of the market.

Europe and Dow are likely to be mixed tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow slipped 100 pts to close at 11766. Trend is going down. Dow's future is now +71 and Europe slightly up on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +40, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng +10. STI -4 at 2614. Volume was 895m shares.

Trend of STI is down and not looking good.

Top volumes were Noble +5, GoldenAgri -1, Mewah +1, GLP +2.5, Genting +0.5, Singtel -8, GMG -0.3, THBEV unchanged, NexGen unchanged, HPHTrust unchanged.

Another quiet day of trading with volume below 1 billion shares. The market will ground to a halt at this rate. Where are the traders or investors?
It is like nothing matters any more and interest is extremely low. There were some nibblings but mainly sideways.

Would it be any different after Christmas?

Europe and Dow are appearing to be finding a new lever and steadying.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sharp rebound at Dow and Europe last night. Dow was +337 closing at 12104. The sharp gain has broken the current down trend. Dow's future is now +74 and Europe also opened sharply up.

Asian bourses rallied following Dow's strength. Nikkei +123, ShanghaiC -25, Hangseng +336. STI +58 at 2672. Volume was 799m, another low.

STI's downtrend is halted.

Top volumes were GoldenAgri +1, Genting +2.5, PSL -0.5, GMG +0.1,SkyOne +0.8, IEV+5.5, DynaMac +3, MDR +0.1, Singtel +5,HPH Trust +1.5.

Another very quiet day of trading despite the big gains in Dow. Banks and some blue chips made 2 digit gains. The rest of the counters also made some small gains. The lack of traders and investors is telling. Normally this week will see some buying for next year but apparently the volume is very thin.

Dow and Europe look like will continue with last night's run at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: