Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Be mindful and responsible in whatever we do.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrex saga – Is Singapore off the hook?
The attention has shifted towards the ship’s captain and APL that carried the Terrex APVs. Both are being charged for not filing proper documents for the Terrexes. The case seems so clean and so be like that from the very start. It was the duty of the ship’s captain and the APL to file the proper documents. Singapore was just an innocent customer paying for the shipping of its APVs.
At the moment it would seem quite clear that the ship’s captain and APL would have to face the music and the consequences, fines or maybe jailed. It is normal to expect that Singapore would do the necessary, provide all the information to ship the APVs to the shipper/APL as there was nothing unusual, nothing illegal and nothing to hide. And Mindef or whoever tasked to handle this consignment must be expected to do the proper, the due diligence. And the ship’s captain and APL are as good as cooked for not doing so unless the captain has something else to say.
Would there be any surprises like Singapore did not provide the necessary documents and falsely declared the Terrexes as something else? If this is the case, which is highly unlikely, the whole case would fall onto Singapore’s lap once again. In all probabilities, the case is as good as closed from the Singapore angle and everyone can have a good sleep. It is now between Hong Kong and APL and the ship’s captain.
There should not be any nasty surprises or unexplainable events to make Singapore jittery and all ‘emo’ again. Case closed. Keep your fingers crossed.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to tighten immigration policy?
Shawn Lee wrote a piece published in the TRE urging the govt to tighten immigration policy when every sensible govt in the West, especially our idol country called the USA, are doing it. This is what Shawn wrote in his first paragraph,
‘Over the past weeks, Australia, New Zealand and the U.S. have all tightened their work visa programs for skilled foreigners. Australia scrapped its 457 visa for employer-sponsored skilled foreign labour program; U.S. President Trump announced a “Buy American, Hire American” Executive Order to review the H1-B visa which is used primarily to bring in foreign IT professionals into high tech sectors like Silicon Valley; and New Zealand has also started to tighten skilled work visa requirements in a “Kiwis-first approach to immigration”.’
I thought we were thinking in the same wavelength when he said, ‘This is the best time for Singapore to jump onto the bandwagon and tighten our immigration criteria to avoid being singled out and blamed by global MNCs here for cutting their access to cheap foreign labour who compete for jobs with Singaporeans.’
This is the part that I disagree with him. I think this is the best time for the govt to open the legs wider, oops, I mean the door wider to capitalize on the situation when all the fake talented foreigners from the Third World have been locked out and no where to go, they would all come here to help make up the 6.9m population. This type of opportunity does not come often. Now we can pick up all the 'talents' and craps floating around in the high seas. We can pick and choose, just make sure we have a working system to fish out all the fakes and degree mills talents. We don’t need such flotsam. There are already too many here. Now we can take our time to pick and choose with a fine comb.
One caveat, make sure we have the right talent to spot the fake talents. We need the thieves to catch the thieves. Recruit some of the best fake talents first, then use them to stop all the fakes that are trying to get in. Oh, I think we already have a lot of them here furiously recruiting more fakes. Just tell them this time the objective is to identify and reject the fakes or simply reject all the fakes they have chosen as talents.
We can set up a Ministry of Fake Talents and appoint a minister to run it with a pool of fake talents. Then we can guarantee to pick up the best in a situation like this. When the angels are fleeing, it is time for the daft, oops, I mean the brave to go in.
What do you think?
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reposting an email I just received that I think is important enough to be shared here.

Dear Family, I am forwarding this warning from another group, in view of the dubious teacher vacancies in Oman which was posted 2 days back.

Your humanitarian duty requires you to spread this video as widely as possible, it may contribute to the arrest of these perpetrators and the preservation of innocent lives. 'I have no stomach to view the video and so did not include it here. But the message is relevant and very important.'

Some counterfeit agencies from China, Korea, Japan and other parts of Asia have offices in several countries in Africa, Asia and others, such as Nigeria, Ghana and a number of other countries, and coordinate with networks around the world including Dubai, Egypt, Libya and Lebanon, and may also be present in Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Somalia.

These companies provide young people especially young women with various jobs (domestic work, nursery, guards and others) They also prepare travel documents, airline tickets abd all travel arrangements. But when they arrived, the life of the poor young man or woman turns into hell and the end of their lives at the hands of an international gang that brutally kills them to get and sell their internal organs.

The video was secretly recorded by some one and the video says it all.

The life you might save by posting this video may be close to you. Sorry I got no guts to watch the video and did not post it here. You can imagine what it would be like.

Spread the video please to as many people as you can, especially the third world countries. And this is particularly relevant here when Singaporeans are being asked to venture overseas. Their youth, innocence and naivety, not exposed to the dangers of the cruel world outside would make Singaporeans idea target for such heinous and wicked schemes. Singaporeans think the rest of the world are so safe just like Singapore and would never notice anything wrong until it is too late. Damn human traffickers and traders of human organs.

Note the method of striking and killing these poor people in the video. The criminals want the victims to be brain dead only while preserving their organs alive until the traders arrived.

On a personal note I could not watch beyond the body spasms of the teenager's, so I really cant tell how violent the whole video is. I was sick, trembling and in tears. (This part is from the originator of this post).

PS. Whether this is fake news or real, it is better to be safe than sorry. Please advise those young things thinking of adventure, hungry or desperate enough to want to get a job by hook or by crook anywhere. The world out there is full of dangers and wickedness. Beware, beware, beware. I just felt compel to repose this in my blog to get as many people informed as possible.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slap stick comedy accused of being racist
A Singaporean Indian actor was disgusted over his role as an Indian NSman in Jack Neo’s ‘Ah Boys to Men 4’ comedy. He was told by the director that he was not Indian enough, without the Indian accent that the director wanted in the comedy production.
This is from a post in the statestimes.
‘A Singaporean Indian actor was told by the casting director of a new conscription-themed movie by Jack Neo, that he is “not Indian enough”. Actor Shrey Bhargava took to Facebook and said that he put up with the director’s request and felt “disgusted” playing the role of an Indian Singaporean with thick Indian accent. The actor wrote his thoughts about why the state propaganda movie emphasize the need to play on racism to create jokes, and questioned the morality of the Chinese Singaporean majority who find these jokes funny.’
Jack Neo’s comedy is what it is, catering to the masses with the kind of stereo typing not just for Singapore Indians, but for Singapore Chinese, the Chinese educated and the bananas speaking in a contrived English accent that most Singaporeans don’t speak that way. To the little group of baba English educated Chinese, mostly bananas, that is the correct way to speak baba English, oops, that is Queen’s English to them.
In this particular case, the director could not understand that time has changed and the Singapore Indians no longer speak with the Indian accent of olden days or like the Indian Indians that arrived here recently. The 50 years of social integration and growing up together has evolved a generation of new Singaporeans that speak in a common accent, be they Chinese, Indian or Malay. They have a similar accent, very Singaporean and only Singaporeans can undertand and identify with.
The director of the comedy is still stuck in the past, playing on the queer accent and mannerism of the various races as humour. Suck slap stick humour has its own audience and attractiveness, maybe just to churn up the ticket sales but may, like in this case, becomes unpalatable and even be seen as being racist.
Jack Neo and his team should change with the time and reflect the real or new Singaporean mix, the new Singaporean young are different from their parents and grand parents. They have all acquired the Singaporean accent. The new Singaporeans are a new breed from our rojak society. Maybe the director may want to cast the new citizens with their queer accent from their motherland and how they cope with being the minority among the Singaporeans in NS.
There is definitely a distinct difference between the new citizens and the original Singaporeans, Singaporeans born and bred in our multi racial society. When the new citizens open their mouth, it tells instantly. This could be the next theme of Jack Neo in ‘Ah Boys to Men 5’. But beware of being accused of racism as playing up on the new and strange accent, behaviour and mannerism may not go down well on those who are more sensitive than the norm, especially the new citizens who have this obsession that Singaporeans are racist. Do not give room or reason to be accused of racism even if it is a comedy for commercial interests.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Barker allow race to be included in the Constitution?
The Singapore Constitution was written by our pioneering founders of this nation. And one thing they were very clear about, racism must not be entrenched or enshrined in the Constitution. If they thought this was a good thing, they would have them written then. Now every joker is talking about racism in the Constitution as a good thing, that Singaporeans are racist and racism must thus be embedded in the Constitution. Would Barker and his cohort cringe on hearing this? Would they be turning in their graves or jumping out from their graves?
Below are a few paragraphs from the statestimesreview.
‘When a Temasek Polytechnic student questioned Senior Minister Janil Puthucheary about the need to reserve the Presidential election for Malays, the Minister unwittingly shot back a question stating Singaporeans are racist:
“If we are not race blind, why do you believe we will be race blind when it comes to presidency?
If all those disappear, we will not need a racially reserved election. The problem is that they are present. And we are worried that given that they are present, it would not be possible for a minority president to be directly elected.”....
Under dictator Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong’s directive, Singapore’s Constitution was re-written to allow a racist clause to reserve the next Presidential election for only the Malay race.’
Now every unthinking parrot is parroting the same mantra, Singaporeans are racist. Fucking thick up there. If it is the ordinary Singaporeans saying this you can expect them to be hauled up for inciting racism. After 50 years of nation building when most Singaporeans are already colour blind. Look at the intermarriages among the races, if Singaporeans are racist, why would they marry into other races and in increasing numbers?
If Singaporeans are racist, why would there be so many minority MPs and Ministers, many winning elections with big margins by being minorities. Some minority ministers would even helm GRCs to make sure they win the election because of their popularity in spite of their minority status. How come?
Who is talking foolish? Who should one believe?
What do you think? Have we failed as a nation after 50 years of chanting ‘regardless of race, language or religion’? It is now a badge of honour to be calling Singaporeans racist, to shout racism. Fucking asses! Don’t we believe that we have one of the best inter racial relations in the world? If Singaporeans are racist, then the whole world must be extreme racist. Stop spouting this nonsense to stir racial disharmony and sensitivity. Singaporeans are the most race tolerant people and Singapore is the most hospitable country for foreigners regardless of race, language or religion.
Would the asses stop painting Singaporeans as racist. Who are the Singaporeans that are racist? Please stop this silliness.
Singaporeans are the most race blind people in the whole world other than the odd exceptions that are present in any society.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Singapore Universe Imported
The controversy over the new batch of representatives for the Miss Singapore Universe contest is turning very sour and distasteful. Some of the comments were outright discourteous and nasty and uncalled for.
What is this beauty contest all about? It is all about beautiful and intelligent lasses representing their respective countries to show off to the world. It started off as an innocuous event but now becoming more political and commercialized and as fake as one can get.
While being fake is acceptable, let’s go one step further by doing what Singapore is good at, buy, buy, buy. Just like our dream of buying a football team for the World Cup and our embarrassing displayed of foreign players winning medals for our country to prove that we have talents, why not go the extra mile and buy the most beautiful girls from around the world to represent Singapore in the Miss Universe or Miss World contests? When money is everything, when money can buy everything, let’s use our money to its fullest advantage and tell the local lasses to step aside, we are going to import beautiful girls from around the world to represent Singapore.
This would add another plastic layer to our everything beautiful country, a country full of foreign talents and no local talents. But never mind, as long as it is good for the country. Never mind if it is good or no good for the people. Anyway we are already deep in the process of replacing all the unwanted, untalented and now unsightly Singaporeans with better foreigners. It is just part of the process of renewal for the better. Let’s fake this one as well.
What do you think?
Next on the list to be replaced by foreigners would be the top military and police officers, the top civil servants, the judges and of course, last on the list, the ministers and Prime Ministers and the President. Singapore must pay for the best foreigners to take over jobs that Singaporeans cannot do better. And there are billions of foreigners out there that can replace every Singaporean, from the toilet cleaners to the President and PM of the country.
Let's not kid ourselves that what we have the best in the world. The best in the world are out there, the foreign talents.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John G Roberts Jr, American Chief Justice’s commencement speech at Cardigan Mountain School
We welcomed The Honorable John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice of the United States, as our Commencement speaker. Father to Jack Roberts ’17, Chief Justice Roberts addressed his son’s class with advice for the future.
“From time to time, in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly, so that you will come to know the value of justice,” he said.
“I hope you will suffer betrayal because that will teach you the importance of loyalty.
Sorry to say, but I hope you will be lonely from time to time, so that you don’t take friends for granted.
I wish you bad luck again, from time to time, so that you will be conscious of the roll of chance in life, and understand that your success is not completely deserved, and the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
And when you lose, as you will from time to time, I hope every now and then your opponent will gloat over your failure.
It is a way for you to understand the importance of sportsmanship.
I hope you will be ignored, so you know the importance of listening to others, and
I hope you will have just enough pain to learn compassion.
Whether I wish these things or not they’re going to happen, and whether you benefit from them or not will depend upon you ability to see the message in your misfortunes.”
PS. This is a speech about humility that the high and mighty that think they would never fail, never fall and always have good luck smiling at them should read and ponder. No one is infallible and luck would run out one day. It is only when.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racist F&B outlet replied S'pore is not Saudi Arabia when asked if they were halal

This guy Chun message an F&B outlet selling pork dishes and asked if the outlet was halal. The outlet replied and this guy went on to accuse the outlet for being racist. Who do you think is the racist and the mischievous one? Ask an outlet selling pork if it is halal is like asking a Muslim outlet if it is halal and the reply could be more curd than this one. To me this twit was asking for it.

What do you think? Below is his post in All Singapore Stuff.

Was actually happy when they reopened, because my fiance and I used to frequent them before they disappeared for awhile without any notice. It really seems as per what a customer said in an earlier review - that they do not take pride in their eatery nor value their customers.
Yesterday I facebook messaged them (Sunset Grill & Pub Pte Ltd) to ask if they are Halal certified. My message was simple: "Hi are you guys halal certified?"
The reply was shocking and upsetting: "Hi Chun. Why do you ask such a question. This is Singapore not Saudi Arabia. Anyway. You'll be pleased to know that we are a pork loving restaurant. Peace be with you."
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racial equality must be right sized
TRE has an article by a Matilda Gabrielpillai with the title, ‘Majority Chinese not doing enough to stop closet racism, so much for equality’. She lamented about the plight of the minorities and the disinterest among the Chinese majority to their causes. What is pertinent after all the bitching about the Chinese majority paying lip service to the minorities is this paragraph,
‘More domestication of the truth in the show--those four CMIO boxes, they are not the same size in real life, are they? If depicted more realistically in terms of size, the discourse of each imagined race wanting more than that given to them will start to give off very different meanings than that of human beings always clamouring for more. Don't belittle the minorities' clamouring and make it the same about a majority's clamouring--one is about equality, the other is for greater power. I wonder about the assumptions of someone who can even begin to construct those Singapore boxes as equal.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/majority-chinese-not-doing-enough-stop-closet-racism-so-much-equality
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

I think she has a point. Singapore cannot be equal when the Chinese majority is an absolute majority while the MIOs are not really equal in numbers. I would like to correct her that her closet view on this Chinese majority is not the fault of the Chinese. This is an artificial creation of the British colonial power. They were responsible for the racial composition of modern Singapore. Don’t blame the Chinese like the naiveity of a child that did not know her history and blaming everyone for the wrong reason.
What can be done to correct this imbalance is to do what the British did wrong then and rebalance the population to 25% for each racial group. I think that is the gist of her angst and doing that would please her and make racial equality more real.
What I can say is not to worry. With CECA, and if one really counts the number of the CMIO, I think the percentages are working more towards reducing the Chinese majority to a smaller number if one is to include all the foreigners here, local or foreign workers. Mind you, more than half of the population consists of foreigners and many are not Chinese. So the real percentage of the Chinese majority is much lower today. The biggest gainer among the CMIO is likely to be the Indians. From my observation in the trains, on the streets and in Raffles Place and MBFC and in East Coast, the Indians are a very significant group, very likely bigger than the Malays today. I don’t have the statistics and my observation may be wrong. But this is based on the physical presence, not based on locals, residents, PRs, citizens or whatever.
And if this is not good enough, maybe the likes of Matilda Gabrielpillai should make a representation to the govt to rebalance the racial population so that all the races are of about equal in size. Then everything will be more equal or at least equal in numbers.
The British had an artificial construct with Chinese as the absolute majority. I am not sure the British planned it that way. It did not matter to them then. Maybe the govt of the day may want to have a new artificial construct to please the minorities like Matilda Gabrielpillai. Then we will have real equality and peace in paradise.
What do you think?
PS. I am not going to think about how to make this possible, like telling the majority to stop reproducing or the minorities to go forth and multiply. But if I have to, I am going to curse the British for allowing this to happen and to create so much inequality in this island. I will not blame the Chinese majority for it as they were colonial subjects of the British like the rest of the minorities and had no say of what the British were doing here.
So please get your facts right and go fuck the British and not the Chinese majority for the present situation. This is like blaming the social and economic ills in the region to the Chinese when the real robbers and looters of the colonized countries were the colonial powers, the British, Dutch, Spanish, the Americans and to a certain extent the Portugese. What SE Asia is today is the work of the colonial empires. Stop blaming everything without thinking.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrex Lesson - Kicking a hard ball

The ball looked pretty, like a football, very tempting. Someone went ahead and kicked. 'Ouch, it's a hard ball', so hard that it almost broke his leg. This practically sums up the Terrex Incident. Any lesson learnt, or anything good came out from it?

Going back to pre incident day and just read the media and the numerous and almost daily anti China articles would tell a story. Then there was the Rajaratnam School lashing out at China on the South China Sea issue and the chest thumping that Singapore was going to punch anyone regardless of size and power.

Read the news today and the glorious reporting of China's economic activities and infrastructure development in the BRI and compare the difference. Incidentally when one reads about China, it is all about trade, economic activities and infrastructure development. When one reads about the USA, it is about wars, threats of wars, sanctions, warnings and selling of weapons of mass destruction, etc etc. The bankrupt evil Empire has nothing else to contribute to world peace except wars.

The media is also bustling with news about how good China Singapore relations are, a stark contrast to the pre Terrex days when Singapore was snubbing and rubbing at China all over the place. No?

It looks like Singapore has sat down and took a relook at its strategic position and reviewed its policies towards China and how it should go forward. The policies of snuggling closely with the Americans continues and allowing the devil to compromise Singapore’s neutral position could not be the same anymore. The Americans did not need to manipulate or pressure Singapore to be nice and good to the Americans. That is what Sun Tsu's highest state of the Art of War. No need to fight the enemy, the enemy willingly surrender itself, prostrate itself to be screwed.

Singapore's policies towards China has taken a dramatic turn for the better, hopefully, at least that is what you read in the media and what the ministers are saying. How true is this, only time will tell. What is real is that Singapore cannot advance and grow economically without China. Being left out in the cold by China is an economic disaster for Singapore. No country could give Singapore a lift economically other than China. This is the positive outcome of the Terrex Incident.

The Terrex Incident has forced Singapore to start thinking again after falling into complacency that all is well with or without China. After putting everything down to brass tack, Singapore's teeny weeny economy that has no growth engine other than raising property prices and dumping the island with more foreigners will go into depression if it does not tag along with the Chinese economic train. The biggest economic growth engine today is China. Running foul with China is a no go.

Hence today we are seeing a 180 degree turn in Singapore China relations. The so called think tank schools that were walloping China thinking that they could behave like backlane gangsters have been asked to shut up. At least that is what I think is happening. No more cocky and thoughtless remarks of a school boy bullies wanting to challenge China to a fight.

Something good did come out from kicking a hard rock in the Terrex Incident. It jolted Singapore from its snoozing to realise the world has changed and it is time to wake up to face the reality. The big question, has enough damage been done that it is too late to change the direction of a ULCC.

The current visit to China by Hsien Loong and his team and the high level reception, the meetings with all the who’s who in China is telling a story that China wants to put everything aside and start anew. This is a new moment of truth. Would Singapore squander it again? It is does, there will be no return road.

What would follow in Hsien Loong’s meeting with Trump is interesting to watch. Trump is going to pressure Hsien Loong to do his will. Would Hsien Loong buckle or continue to be a willing partner to the evil Empire and its evil deeds of inciting wars, provoking wars, threats of wars and conducting wars? Would Trump twist Hsien Loong’s hands in Singapore’s relations with China or would Hsien Loong be telling Trump that Singapore would not be pressured by external powers, including the USA, to do what is not in the interest of Singapore?

China would be watching the visit very closely.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Han Fook Kwang - A happier story to population woes

I just want to quote this from Han Fook Kwang's article on the above.

'For the glass half-empty brigade, they all add up to a future Singapore
that is shrinking and ageing and so will be increasingly reliant on new
citizens, permanent residents and foreigners to make up the shortfall.
This sobering view is the dominant narrative whenever Singapore's
population numbers are discussed.
So, what's the glass half-full version of the story?
Interestingly, it also borrows from economic theory.
Experts say there is a demographic dividend which countries reap when they
bring down their birth and death rates. With smaller families and fewer
young children to feed, more resources can be deployed to each individual,
resulting in better educated and more productive workers. Smaller families
also mean greater opportunities for women to work.
The result? High economic growth, provided, of course, the right social and
economic polices are implemented. In fact, the theory is that after this
round of benefits from smaller families, there is a second round to be
enjoyed when significant numbers retire with savings and assets that can be
invested to produce more growth....'

I must say that the experts that thought of reaping rewards from no
population growth really have no intellectual depth. How can there be
economic growth when there is no population growth? This is outrageous
thinking according to the one trick ponies. You want economic growth, then
you must accept population growth. And Singapore can only continue to grow
with growing the population to 10m. But such one pony theory for stopping
the story at 10m is as far as their intellectual depth would go. For they
presumed that once 10m is reached, the story would end. No need to have
more economic growth, no need more population growth. To them it is a
static thing, with a good ending when 10m is attained.

While in the process of growing the population to 10m it is so easy to
stuff them in high rise housing blocks. But what would happen if they leave
their homes, all 10m of them? Now with half that population everything is
running to a stand still. What about more schools, hospitals, recreation
facilities, transportation network, jobs, water, energy, food, social
security etc etc. So easy to grow population to 10m and everything will
take care of itself meh?

Sorry, my intellectual depth also limited and cannot offer any solution to
a 10m population and when 10m is reached, and if the people want more
economic growth, the 10m would become 20m and on and on to 100m or else how
to sustain economic growth?

What do you think?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

US to be more focused and engaged in the region
This is the wish of Hsien Loong as the PM of Singapore. Singapore needs the Americans to be here, to balance China’s influence and the neighbouring countries. This sounds good as a geopolitical strategy. There is a Chinese saying, 引狼入室, translated as inviting the wolf into the house.
The USA used to be seen as a benign and gracious power particularly to its allies for several decades. But the history of US conspiracies and meddling with the domestic politics of countries, regime change, inciting and provoking wars, did not speak well for this once great power. It is now the cause of all the wars and troubles in the whole world. Every trouble spot has the American finger prints on it. It has rapidly assumed the image of the Evil Empire.
Now, how is this new image of the Americans going to fit in with Singapore and Singapore’s security? Is Singapore inviting the wolf into the house, inviting the Evil Empire to remain engaged in the region to create more trouble for the region, instigating one country against another? Please note, this country thrives on selling weapons and needs wars to sell weapons and to keep the Empire going.
While you are reading this, the Americans are at the verge of starting World War 3 in the Korean Peninsular and Iran. If the Russians and Chinese have not put their foot down to stop this menace, World War 3 would have started, by the Evil Empire of course. And there is the new hot spot, waiting for another invasion by the Americans, Venezuela. South China Sea is the reserved spot for the Evil Empire should other regions stabilized. Inviting the USA to the region, to stir shit in the South China Sea?
Things have changed. The world has changed. Lee Kuan Yew had died and his policies and world view of the Americans and their usefulness in the region must die with him. The Americans’ interest in the region is the American Empire, the perpetuating of the Evil Empire’s hegemony in the region and the world.
It is only luck that Singapore’s interest in some areas coincides with the interest of the Evil Empire. When the interests divert, Singapore too would be subject to regime change and interference by the Evil Empire. For the time being, Singapore is still safe but not for long. The Evil Empire only pokes its fingers in countries that are not loyal to the Empire. That does not mean it does not poke its fingers in the affairs of its colonies. South Korea and Japan and the Philippines are clear cases of being under the control of the Empire. The latter has recently broke free from the American grip. Lately Qatar also came under the attack of the Empire for getting a bit closer to China. And Tillerson is in India stoking the flame between China and India and poking at the Indians to be another American proxy against China. The Indians love this attention.
Singapore is stuck with the Evil Empire and would not be able to steer a more neutral policy for its own interest. The deeper the Evil Empire stays here, the more it would be entrenched and the more difficult it would be to extricate it from the region. It would not go away.
There is no need to beg the Evil Empire to stay. Tell them to go away and they will beg to stay, and by force if needed be, to stay in the region to protect the Empire. Why does Singapore think it is necessary to go begging the Evil Empire to stay? Do a little bit of thinking. Does Singapore really believe that the Evil Empire will go away, will beat a quick retreat from the region on its own if Singapore does not beg it to stay? Silly isn’t it? See what is happening in the Philippines? When Duterte wants to evict them, the Americans went down on their knees begging to stay. They refused to go away.
Now who is planting this silly idea that the Evil Empire is going away and Singapore must constantly remind the Empire that they should be here, that they are welcomed and needed? Becare of引狼入室!
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liu Thai Ker peddling his 10m pop
After 4 years when he last brooded about the 10m population for Singapore, Liu Thai Ker is at it again. 10m pop is not only necessary but good for Singapore. He is not going to give up. In a way I can agree with him. It is like a multi millionaire saying it is good to be a billionaire. The only difference is why the need to grow population to 10m and then what if 10m is reached.
Let’s put aside the cost of having a 10m population instead of a 5.5m population. It is like a soldier’s problem versus a major’s problem. One is a soldier’s little problem, the other is a major problem. A 5m pop’s problem is different from a 10m pop’s problem. Don’t just look at economic growth alone. There are plentiful of other issues that would accompany a 10m pop. Housing a 10m pop is no issue. Like Josephine Teo said, you don’t need much space to have sex. Singaporeans used to squeeze 10 to 15 heads in a small cubicle. Squeezing 10m pop into this piece of rock is no different. Sure can.
Let’s ask this question, why is there a need to grow pop to 10m? Is this the meaning of growth, of existence? Economic growth is not dependent on just population growth. There are many ways to growth without growing population. Growing population to gain economic growth is suicidal, a sure way to self destruction, just like growing the population of mother earth.
Up to a point, more heads in the island is counter productive and destructive, like a family having 2 to 4 children and one with 10 children and still producing. What for? What is the point? What is the meaning of it all? Growing population for the sake of population or the flimsy excuse of economic growth? No population growth means no economic growth?
Heard of one trick pony? Even one trick pony already admits that growing population is easy but no longer workable and not sustainable in the long run.
For those who are commuting by trains, the packed train is getting very uncomfortable and irritable and very stressful. For those who are travelling in the comfort of their limousine, they would not appreciate what life is like squeezing in the packed trains with strangers, some smelly, some foul and some roguish, selfish and hostile.
What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: