Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Job Loss Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fancy finding a Singaporean with a little talent
This titled was inspired by a report on Banyan Tree Holdings, a Singapore based hotel chain, building an eco friendly hotel in the backyard of the Singapore Zoo. The front page article in thenewpaper on 12 Oct read, ‘Fancy sleeping in luxury ,quoting the CEO elaborating about this novel and creative concept of building a hotel in the jungle for guests to experience what it was like living in the midst of a tropical jungle and about co existence with wildlife and nature.
On reflection, I think I will not be far wrong to say that all the CEOs of Singapore’s holiday attractions like the Zoo, the Bird Park, Botanic Garden, Sentosa are all foreigners. Not sure about the artificial garden in the heart of Singapore, could also be a foreigner. This one could be an exception as Singaporeans are very good in anything that is fake. And foreigners are heading most of the banks in Singapore, local banks and foreign banks. And foreigners are CEOs in many other institutions including institutions of higher learnings. Singaporeans first, do good, do together.
What do all this said about Singaporean talents? Is Singapore able to produce Singaporean talents for employments? I am very specific here, I am referring to Singaporean talents not locals. And to be more specific, Singaporeans that were born and bred here?
Why is it that Singaporean organizations are hiring foreigners as CEOs? Is it that our universities are not producing them, not doing the right stuff? What about our super talented students sent abroad to study in the best universities where these foreigners were educated? If it is due to a failure in our own education institutions, then sending them overseas should do the trick. But no, many of our best students went overseas also came back showing very little employable talent except to be civil servants or generals.
So what is the real stuff that makes the difference if it is not education? I think the foreigners are born with talents. Talents are born, and no amount of university educations, from the best universities could make the difference. There is no need to go for that expensive education. When one is born, one is either daft or talented.
Now you can understand the title, Fancy finding a Singaporean with a little talent. Singaporeans just don’t have talents and it is right and necessary to hire foreigners that are born talented to run Singaporean corporations and to provide jobs for Singaporeans. Without these talented foreigners, Singaporeans would be clueless about anything, except maybe queuing up to be Grab and Uber drivers. Or is that what they were taught in the universities, to become taxi drivers?
Let me be a little bit generous to say that actually Singaporeans still have two skills left. One is the ability to employ foreigners to hire more foreigners to replace Singaporeans. The other skill is to train jobless displaced Singaporeans to work overseas. This last skill is admirable, a heart of gold, thinking and caring for Singaporeans.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is so competitive about the media industry?
I am not so sure what Warren Fernandez meant by saying that SPH would hire more foreign correspondents when 130 staff was retrenched as part of 240 eventually. Was he talking about hiring foreigners to raise the quality of the paper to compete with other media in Singapore, to boost readership and sales?
What kind of environment is SPH operating in this little island? What kind of news would be attractive to the readers? Who forms the majority of the readership? Would better quality news, like foreign news, or more EPL news be needed to raise sales and readership?
Is not that SPH operating in a monopolistic environment when the competitors are also part of SPH? How many foreign media are circulating in Singapore and what kind of readership, what volume of readership to they command? Is the foreign readership significant enough to hire foreign correspondents to win them over to improve sales of local papers?
By the way, with the tight control over the local media, what kind of news would appear in the papers or be allowed to be printed to attract more readers? Does it really make any difference if the reporters/journalists are foreigners? I am presuming here that foreign correspondents that SPH is planning to recruit are foreigners. I may be wrong here. And by the way again, what is the percentage of foreigner reporters/journalists in SPH and what is the percentage of locals, oops, I mean Singaporean reporters/journalists?
Should not the SPH be catering to the bulk of the readership whom I believe are Singaporeans and some PRs? I may be a bit behind time here knowing that more than half the population are foreigners now and it would be wise to write things that these foreigners would want to read even though some have become citizens and PRs. How about a few more newspapers for China Chinese, India Indians, Pinoys and what have you? Would these foreigners be interested in reading papers specially written by their kind and writing news about their homeland?
This is something SPH must be seriously thinking about. More than half of the population is foreigners. No wonder readership is falling with local news written by local reporters. Half the population of foreigners is a big market.
I read in theindependent talking about SPH going regional, to write about regional news, maybe competing in producing regional papers. Not sure if this is true. If SPH cannot even compete and be successful with a monopolistic environment in home ground, can it be a success competing in open seas, unknown territories full of sharks? This kind of one trick pony thinking is very similar to sending our sacked and jobless PMETs that could not get jobs in our very own country against foreigners and expect them to get jobs in the region when every country is protecting their jobs for their own citizens.
Stupidity has no cure.
PS. In a monopolistic environment, what competition is SPH facing? Got competition meh?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singaporeans should venture abroad, Singapore too small
This seems to be a favourite mantra to the elite. Singapore business must go overseas, NTUC training our retrenched PMETs to go overseas to work. Superficially this sounds logical. Singapore is indeed too small for our growing companies and they need to spread their wings abroad to grow.
What these talkers did not say or ask is that many third world companies are flooding into Singapore to do roaring businesses. And all the unemployed third world workers are rushing here to take up jobs, steal jobs from Singaporeans and with many queuing to come in.
While the elites are calling Singaporeans and Singapore companies to go overseas, they did not mind the foreigners to come in and replace the Singaporeans and Singapore companies here. Is there anything wrong with this situation?
Why are Singaporeans encouraged/forced to go overseas and their places at home being taken over by hungry foreigners? What is the long term effect and damages to this country and people?
Yes, we are going to be replaced by foreigners, our country and homes, jobs, our govt and commercial institutions, schools, universities etc etc and even the ministries and govt.
Unfortunately our schools do not teach the meanings of nationhood and what it will be like if we lose our country and become boat people, being kicked out of our own country by inviting too many foreigners here and they have a different agenda of their own, to take over everything we have built.
This is the consequence of not knowing that we are a nation, a country and this is our country, not a piece of land belonging to everyone.
Still thinking of leaving your homes and leaving your country to the foreigners? Should not we be securing our home base first with Singaporeans and then go overseas?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singapore - A very sad state of affair

Confession of a daft sinkie
Below is an article posted in TRE supposedly by an ex PMET. I presume that this is a real story. Please read it before it is took late, that you have been sold and your turn will be next, if you continue to choose to be another daft sinkie. Betrayed but did not know. Just blame your own stupidity. The death of a once proud people has begun.

This situation is widespread, has been going on for many years, and is still going on. Who are responsible for this sad state of affair? Who allowed this crime against Singaporeans to continue unabated? Do you want this to continue to affect you and your children?

Replaced by FT finally – I voted for it!
I worked for MNC for last 10 years, before I was in a GLC. I am First Class honours from NUS ComSc. I had it easy with my good grade, I joined a GLC and got a good head-start and pay. I was in IT software development and later became manager of the department. That was in the 2000s, FTs were streaming in but the numbers were not significant, I always believe that we probably need more IT talents, the brainwashing on media worked on me. But nevertheless, at that time, I was making good pay, I thought of nothing. Every GE, I voted PAP for sure, life was good and money was good. I never once thought of voting opposition except I thought WP was credible enough to consider. But then, since life was so good under PAP, why bother. Politics are politicians, we were just making a living and when living was so good, would you want to make any change? Over the 10 years, my pay tripled and I bought a condominium, living the 4Cs that many of us dreamt of.
2010 onward, the stream of FTs were too obvious, particularly from China and India. I made a switch from GLC to MNC, I did notice growing number of FTs. But well, I got another pay hike, so who cares!
One of my old colleagues called me to ask him to help him to look for a job. He was from Indonesia but came here when he was 13, became citizen. He had MBA from US and remained unemployed for 4 years, that was in 2013. I found it hard to believe his words because I had never experienced such incident nor heard from anymore. Perhaps I was sent overseas then, I rarely came back to the HQ in Singapore. But I did understand his Pinoy wife with a dubious degree was promoted so many times after joining the PA. So the Pinoy wife was the sole breadwinner and senior manager in PA. I never really thought of much, I thought he was lazy. As long as you want a job, you could get it easily. I also failed to realise, government had already started PRO FT policies, grooming and promoting FTs in ministries and government agencies. Yes the Pinoy wife took the cue and became new citizen.
I came back to Singapore HQ in 2014 after working for few years in Australia. Life was good, pay was good but coming back is for the family. And I heard on media that PAP wanted all the locals who are based overseas to come back. That gave me some kind of assurance that I did not apply for PR nor thought of migrating there. Once back in the HQ office, I discovered almost 60% of the workforce were FTs, mostly from India.
I was made to report to a regional VP from India who became a PR not long ago. Back in Singapore, the office politics became quite obvious, I felt that my boss was trying to find problems with me. Although I tried hard to please and work to the best of my abilities, there was always something to pick on. I had great records through the years of work and in my last posting, strangely back in Singapore I was branded as “non performing”. Then I realised there was nothing wrong with me, I was being targeted. I saw no point carrying on, I decided to resign. After my resignation, another FT Indian was hired quickly, and to my knowledge they seem to know each other.
Since the resignation, I had not landed any job for almost 2 years. For some reasons, even with good regionalsoftware experience and excellent academics, I had very few interviews. And when I met with FT managers, the outcomes had always been negative. It looks to me locals are heavily discriminated.
I also went to WDA, E2i and government organised events, I found that they were mostly “wayangs”, they just want to have put up a show that they are helping locals but it was purely bs.
Since then, I reflected the years when government decided the FT policies, I was too busy making good money. I never realised one day I would be hit. I always voted PAP and trusted that my future would be secured. But it looks to me, I had been too trusting and this has
caused me dearly. I am planning to downgrade and sell my condo to free up cash so that I can continue to live with dignity.
For many of us like me, we are all caught up with chasing career and money, we never really thought about government policies and gave blind faith and trust. I always voted PAP, no matter some of my opposition supporter friends who kept warning me.
Well I had to face the music and I had to say, my time is really over, the next generation will bear the brunt of our decision. If we continue to vote blindly, we are creating the black hole for ourselves and our children. My vote for PAP has come back to haunt me dearly. This is what I had to remind you.
Former PMET

PS. Did those betrayed know that they have been betrayed? Did those betraying the betrayed know that they are betraying the betrayed?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreign recruitment firm survey said more Singaporeans seeking contract jobs
If one is to believe the result of Robert Walters, more people, presumably locals, are seeking contract jobs instead of permanent jobs as such positions offered more flexibility or work life balance. Randstad Singapore, another foreign named recruitment agency confirmed that ‘the year on year growth for contract roles is 35 percent. Randstad has seen a 40 percent growth in such roles in the information technology industry, while the banking industry has seen a 30 per cent increase.’
Though contract jobs are growing, more workers, presumably locals or Singaporeans here remain keen to secure permanent positions. For foreigners or locals that are not citizens, it makes sense to have contract jobs, after all their homes are not here and they would not be here for good. For Singaporeans, with the albatross housing loan hanging over their neck, it would be foolish to think that they preferred contract jobs. Equally foolish is to say that Singaporeans prefer part time jobs and temporary jobs. These are Singaporeans that are forced to take up part time and insecure jobs out of no choice because permanent and better jobs are taken by foreign talents. Randstad’s country director confirmed this, ‘In Singapore, employee expectation is still on securing permanent employment because the salary is tied to long term debt.’
Any clown wants to say otherwise, that Singaporeans prefer contract jobs, part time jobs, temp jobs? Some clowns said Singaporeans preferred to be taxi drivers so that they are their own boss, and ending spending most of their time fetching maids and foreign workers around in their taxis. These irresponsible clowns would continue to tell their lies that all is well for Singaporeans unable to secure a permanent job and having to service their expensive mortgages, providing for their families in this most expensive place in the world.
The pathetic Singaporeans unable to secure permanent jobs would be buried in a mountain of debt that they would not be able to service. Thanks to the free influx of foreign talents with dubious and questionable qualifications and experience.
Who should these jobless or underemployed Singaporeans thank for their plight in this most expensive city in the world? There must be many very happy Singaporeans working part time or in contract jobs, not counting those that could no longer find a job. The pain has not hurt yet.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who to blame or who do you vote for to ruin your life
Below is an extract of an article from a bitter Singaporeans, not local, a Singaporean. He is asking the same question many unemployed and highly qualified and experienced PMETs are asking. Many just resigned to their fate and disappeared even in govt statistics of the unemployed, no longer part of the statistics, not even good enough to be a statistic, forgotten, vanished. They no longer count in the percentages of unemployed to make it look as if the unemployed number is really low and acceptable.
Here is the extract by a Don Tan posted in TRE.
“A strange country, low level jobs like taxi drivers, insurance and property sales persons, you have highly qualified professionals. To rub salt into the would, the entry requirements for these course is you only have certificates from Singapore schools like NTU, NUS, SMU, Polys et cetera, all other certificates need to be separately assessed as they are not recognised!
What has gone wrong with this country? Third world foreigners coming into this country with inferior or fake degrees or qualifications are given good jobs while locals with good degrees and qualifications are relegated to prepare themselves to downgrade to low level career? You wonder why taxi, insurance and real estate would only prefer to look at local qualifications while govt ministries, GLCS and MNCS would hire all these third world inferior qualified?
Is this what you voted for? You are preparing yourself to be replaced by these imported FTs?”

What is happening to your country and your fellow Singaporeans? I don’t care a fuck about the locals that are not Singaporeans in such a situation. Now you even have MPs caring for PRs when the PRs are not eligible to vote and did not vote them to rule over you. They rather take care of PRs that are classified as locals than Singaporeans.
How many of you are PMETs and in dire strait like those attending courses with Don Tan and no MP would want to give you a helping hand?
Wake up daft Sinkies. Vote for people who care for you, not to care for foreigners even if they are classified as locals. They are not citizens, not Singaporeans. They are here stealing your jobs.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What went wrong with getting a degree in Singapore
“TODAY highlighted employment discrimination against private university graduates. Only 47.4 percent of the current batch of private university graduates secured full-time jobs six months after graduation, compared to 60.1 percent from the last batch.
Everybody knows the Big Three: National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Management University. There’re three newer ones–Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore University of Technology and Design–who enjoy the prestige of being placed under the ambit of the Ministry of Education. Being Singaporean and government-approved, their degrees are recognized everywhere you go in this tiny island.
Other schools — Kaplan, Singapore Institute of Management, PSB, INSEAD, James Cook University –don’t enjoy the same cachet. Some aren’t even known at all. But when the rest of your life is staring at you and all you see is a wasteland of bills and broken dreams, you pick the best option you can find and roll with it....
Reality kicked in soon after. I had just over twenty people in my classes at Kaplan. A grand total of two people, over two years, were job-seekers....
Eight Years of Silence
I’ve sent out dozens, hundreds of resumes. Every month, every week, every day, I applied for job after job after job, hoping that someone would notice. Until then, I crunched numbers and copied clauses, wrote story after story, and picked up whatever freelance job and short-term contract job I could find.
I did this for eight years.
In eight years, I received nothing.
Less than one percent of my applications made it to the interview stage. None of them went anywhere. The other ninety-nine-odd percent was greeted with silence....
The Singapore Dream is dead to me. But I’m not going to give up, and I will not surrender my own dream.”
Benjamin Cheah

Benjamin Cheah wrote the above in an article published in the TRE to highlight the plight of Singaporean graduates trying to get a job in Singapore, a little island that could provide 2m jobs to foreigners. He is warning Singaporeans not to anyhow apply to join a not fully recognised university or schools and waste time and money for a degree that would not land one a job.
What Benjamin forgot to explain is the ease in which the foreigners are able to get jobs in Singapore with funny degrees from schools or universities worse than those he listed above operating in Singapore. Other than the job market being under the control of foreigners, ie foreigner owned employment agencies, they could also decide who they want when they are employed in Singapore companies or organisations in management positions. The HR dept would be held at ransom when these foreigners insist on hiring only foreigners and rubbished all the Singaporean applicants. They just said Singaporeans are not good enough. Period.
Other than this abuse that has been going on without anyone daring to do something about it or talk about it, the other thing of course is to get the same kind of funny degrees like the foreigners to get employed in Singapore. But I am only joking. When the whole hiring process is controlled by foreigners and the daft in charge did not know what is happening or powerless to do otherwise, Singaporeans would not be able to get a job in his homeland. Foreigners are favoured and given more chances for employment under the nose of daft Singaporean management.
This is how pathetic Singaporeans have become, losing out to foreigners in their own country for employment unfairly, cheated. Can you believe that? They don’t even know that they are losing their country to the foreigners. The foreigners are taking over their country.
PS. Only the 'stupidity has no cure' people would allow a no condition open economy with legs open so wide for everyone to screw. Trump would not do that. The only time these 'stupidity has no cure' type would put up conditions and barriers is when their own interests are affected. Otherwise you die your business.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modi to help Singapore’s unemployment problem
Modi’s visit to Singapore brings hope that the problem of unemployment of Singapore’s educated PMET could finally be solved after many ended up as taxi drivers and security guards. Modi is telling the Singaporeans that there are plenty of employment opportunities in India, in start ups, in digital industries with India moving ahead in digitalization, e payments security, smart city management and e commerce. There are a lot of synergies with the Singaporeans having many years of experience working with Indian professionals in Singapore.
Modi is calling for the upgrading of the mutually beneficial CECA to facilitate more Indian professionals to come to work in Singapore and Singapore’s unemployed PMETs to go to India to find employment. This is a win win arrangement that would benefit the Indian professionals and Singapore’s jobless PMETs. With their years of experience in management and the professions, Singapore’s PMETs would have a lot to offer to Indian companies. At the worse, they could offer their years of experience in driving taxis to improve the quality of taxi services in India.
India is helping Singapore to solve its PMET unemployment problem and Singapore in turn is also helping India to solve its unemployed graduates problem. This kind of synergies and complementarity is hard to come by when both countries would stand to benefit.
Singapore should award the highest medal to Modi and vice versa, India should do likewise for helping India by providing jobs to its hundreds of thousands of unemployed graduates. There is a little hitch here. Who should India award this prestigious medal to, Hsien Loong, Chok Tong or George Yeo?
Yes, Singapore and India should form a strategic pact and ‘The two lions should step into the future together.’ What a great idea and great cooperation between one of the largest country in Asia and one of the smallest country in the region.
Singapore should thank Modi and India profusely for helping to solve its unsolvable PMET problem. The poor things in Singapore at last can have an outlet to find jobs in India. India will open its door wide wide just like Singapore to welcome our PMETs.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Ma is retiring

Jack Ma is a phenomenon that is short of a miracle. He is lucky that he is born and bred in China. If he is a Singaporean, he would end up in ITE and today may be a security guard or a taxi driver. But with sheer hard work and seizing on the opportunity available and an entrepreneur streak, today he is the richest man in China with a fortune worth at least S$50 billion. I think today Singapore's leaders would be calling him an above mediocre man, earning more than $500k a year and would be good enough to be invited to drink tea at the Istana and the potential of being a minister. And Jack Ma, if accepted the offer, could be a good case of telling the people that he took a big pay cut to be a minister.

Oops, I should not use Jack Ma as an example as it could interpreted as inviting a foreigner to meddle in Singapore's domestic politics. My sincere apologies. Jack Ma, please come here and apply for a Singapore citizenship. Sure get one, and then stand a chance to be invited to be a minister.

I got carried away with my adoration of this man. I brought this up because of his early retirement and opted to do philanthropy. I hope when our millionaires here earn as much as him, they would also volunteer to do philanthropy, to give away some of their hard earned wealth.

Let me get to the crux of the matter. My first question is whether Jack Ma has gone on a world head hunting trip to find the best foreign talent to head Alibaba. I think this is more urgent as in China they did not have smooth talking talents to be the face of Alibaba. He should follow Singapore's strategy of looking all over the world for such an important position. It would be very good for Alibaba. And with more foreign talents to be brought in by the foreign talent head, Alibaba would look more international. You see, it is very important to have foreigners to run a company that operates internationally. The foreigners would have an advantage with their international exposure. Then Alibaba would be bigger than Apple. If not, Alibaba would remain as it is, cannot grow bigger.

Correct me if I am wrong. I read somewhere that Jack Ma has appointed a Frank Zhang, another Chinaman to replace him. This is a very serious mistake. To go international, Alibaba seriously need a foreign talent, never mind if the foreign talent has not build a company of his own or from the third world. A foreign talent is a foreign talent and an international company must be run by a foreigner. Even our kopitiams and char kway teow hawker stalls would be best to hire a foreign CEO.

Before Jack Ma makes the mistake of his life, he better change his mind and go around the world to hunt for the best man for the job. If that is too expensive, come to Singapore. This island has plenty of very eager foreign talents wanting the job. We may not have top talents among Singaporean. No Singaporean would apply as they have been told that they are daft and their degrees are useless. The only talented Singaporeans are in politics, in the govt. One thing for sure, we have many foreigners that are of top talent calibre here. Jack Ma better hurry up or these top foreign talents would soon be recruited to become ministers to run Singapore or GLCs, after given Singaporean citizenship of course. Singapore's political affairs can only be meddled by Singaporeans, including instant Singaporeans.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StanChart looking for a new CEO?
'Lex adjudged that chief executive Bill Winters has done a poor job of preserving shareholder value — never mind building some — since he joined just over three years ago. The shares are down 40 per cent.
Emphasis mine. FT’s Letter from Lex summarising it’s article that’s behind a pay wall. Emphasis mine.

Time for Temasek, the controlling shareholder, to talk to other top 10 shareholders about removing him? Pigs will fly first. The CEO that ran the bank into the ground was kicked out because another top 10 shareholder,Aberdeen Asset Mgt, as it then was, organised a campaign against him.
But then Temasek’s paper general CEOs would also have to go if they are judged by best practices ang moh private sector standards.' Cynical Investor

The above were comments by Cynical Investor posted in TRE. He was talking about the financial woes in StanChart and the heavy fines it is paying the US govt. The shareholders are definitely unhappy with the current CEO and may be looking for a replacement. Temasek is a major shareholder of StanChart and would be concerned about who is next to helm the bank.

While Cynical Investor was talking about paper general CEOs in a different direction, maybe Temasek should seriously consider putting up one of its hundreds of paper general for the post. It has placed many paper generals in different CEO positions that were unrelated to the experience and training of a soldier general and all doing extremely well. Why not putting one as the CEO of StanChart? Cynical Investor also commented that this Winters made our paper general looked so good. OK a little OTJ may be required but this is chicken feat.

It is a good opportunity to train paper generals into top bankers. Singapore needs more locals, oops, shouldn't use this dirty word, I mean Singaporeans, to become top bankers. A top financial centre must continuously be grooming its citizens for such positions and not relying on foreigners all the time. It is high time such a scheme be put in place.

If this suggestion is a no go because a MNC would want its CEO to have relevant experience and soldiering experience of paper generals would not be accepted as good enough, perhaps Temasek can send its top Singaporean banker, Piyush Gupta to take over StanChart. Then the CEO of DBS can go to a Singaporean that is next in the queue.

The foreign shareholders inn StanChart would definitely welcome Gupta as he is now one of the world's top bankers, if not the best banker in the world, at least he is the best in Asia helming Asia's number One bank, DBS.

This would be a good career path to develop for retiring paper generals. DBS is a good training ground for paper generals to be bankers and then move on to helm StanChart or other foreign banks where Temasek is a majority shareholder. It is time that this career path be institutionalised to provide a good career for our hundreds of paper generals queuing up to join the private sector as CEOs.

Who do you think Mr Heng? Or shall I ask Mr Lee or Madam?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singaporeans are contract or part time staff, foreigners permanent staff
I have heard many comments that Singaporeans are increasingly being employed in MNCs, banks and even local companies as part time staff or on contract. If they work in a bank, they are not bank employees but engaged by employment agencies and subcontract to the banks. On the other hand the full time employees of the banks are foreigners. Is this true? Anyone got any statistics? MOM has any statistics on this or did not know?
At this moment there are smokes but not sure how big is the fire. If this is true and in significant numbers, then it is injustice to our citizens, it is a crime against our own people to allow this to happen in our own country with the victims being our own citizens. This is atrocious, irresponsible if true.
It may be difficult to get the statistics as no one would want to know. Everyone would be looking the other way and the poor daft Singaporeans, the victims, are hapless and afraid to raise their voice. For the foreigners, there are better reasons to keep quiet and happily go about exploiting the daft Singaporeans. They would not protest, dunno how to protest, afraid to protest. Some may be silly enough to think that this is normal, the new normal, where foreigners first, Singaporeans last.
Since it is difficult to get enough statistics to verify this sad development, maybe it is time for those Singaporeans working part time, as contract workers, to stand up and be counted. Gilbert Goh and his blog can do a survey or data collection and build up a case on this, to prove if it is true or false, how serious is this problem. Our journalists and reporters may want to do an investigative journalism on this issue to see how serious is the problem. This is doing national service to help fellow Singaporeans.
Someone must be concerned about the welfare of Singaporeans, about whether Singaporeans are being mistreated, taken advantage of, victimized in SINGAPORE, the home country of Singaporeans where Singaporeans are the rightful owners, sacrificed to do National Service to fight, defend and die for this country. Why are there so many Singaporeans that are unemployed and under employed when so many foreigners are in full employment here?
If this is a big problem, it is injustice to Singaporeans and must be put right immediately.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third round of CECA improvement talks went by in darkness
There were some reports in the media of the third round of talks to improve the terms of the CECA for greater cooperation and ‘mutual benefits’ or win win for both India and Singapore. How did it go and what were the great changes made to benefit Singaporeans were still not spoken or reveal in the media. Hope this is not going to be another state secret that Singaporeans need not know, it is good for Singaporeans and that’s matter.
What were the pretentious thinkers or pseudo thinkers thinking and decided to do in such a massive agreement between a giant and a dwarf, a third world country and a first world country, a country with 1.3b people and a rock with 5m people? The inequalities and incompatibilities between the two countries are so enormous and stark that anything thought equal and fair, equitable, would not be fair.
It is so easy to say we open up to India and Indians coming here and India likewise opens up for Singapore and Singaporeans to go to India look superficiality so equal and fair. Is it? Can Singapore afford to open up to allow 1,300,000,000 Indians to come here so that 5,000,000 Singaporeans can go to India? Can the pretentious unthinking thinkers say an open door policy between the two incompatible countries is fair and equitable?
How many Singaporeans would want to go to India to be paid in rupees compare to how many Indians would like to come to Singapore to be paid in Sing dollars? How many Singaporeans would like to live happily thereafter in India after having lived in HDB flats with basic necessities like clean water and flushed toilets within the flat as against shitting in the bushes or on the road sides and with no potable waters?
How many companies from India would be coming here and how many Singapore companies would be going to India? Is 1:1 fair, 1:100 fair, 1:1,000 or 1:1m fair and acceptable?
What about the hundreds of thousands of Indian universities and colleges and their millions of graduates coming here versus the less than 50 universities and colleges, actually less than 20 and their graduates flooding the job markets of both countries? Fair, good, insane or madness?
A 1 percent Indian labour/worker/professionals landing in Singapore is 13m versus a 1 percent Singaporeans or 35,000 Singaporeans, if the Singaporeans really think they could earn a decent living and given decent jobs that made the move palatable or good, make any sense?
Can Singapore absorb the 13m Indians coming into the island without upsetting the social fabric and sensitive racial balance in the island? Would Singapore become another third world country instead if this is to happen? What about the quality of our life, our public services, professional services, our infrastructure, our lifestyle, would they be better or worse?
How good is the CECA for Singapore? It is definitely good to India without question. Would the upgraded CECA lift Singapore to the next level of economic development and improve the quality of life of Singaporeans or sink Singapore into a third world sink hole?
What were agreed in the third CECA that benefit or hurt Singaporean’s interest? Do Singaporeans have a right to know?
For sure, the visible impact of this silly and indiscriminate open door policy are as follows: Our employment/job market is now controlled and manipulated by foreigners to the detriment of Singaporean job seekers. The IT industry is dominated and controlled by foreigners. The banking and finance industry likewise is controlled and dominated by foreigners. To a great extent the academia and research agencies and mouth pieces of many such agencies are dominated by foreigners.
Where have all the Singaporeans gone? What have happened to them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: