Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Speak Your Mind, Singapore!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilahari Kausikan - Finally Singapore has a very brave man
Mr Bilahari Kausikan went on attack mode on Cooling Off Day, ferociously questioning Mr Lee’s intentions in standing with the opposition. Sharing a news article covering Mr Lee’s final election campaign comments, the retired diplomat wrote:

“I have two comments/ questions: first, you are a beneficiary of the ‘privilege’ you now eloquently attack. Why? Because you were prevented from monetising the property your brother sold you?

“Second, if you are really so upset, why faff around the margins, trying to cause trouble without responsibility? Your excuse for not standing for election, that there need not be another Lee in politics is hollow: what are you doing if it is not politics? Cowardly!”

Above is from www.theindependent.sg. No one in Singapore has yet to attack the sons or daughter of Lee Kuan Yew in this way. It was direct and point blank. What Bilahari was saying amounts to saying how could Hsien Yang, a 'beneficiary of the "privilege"' if you know what that means, 'attack' when he could not make money from the property Hsien Loong sold to him. Could he be sued for making such a statement? He is a smart guy and knew what he was saying and whether it was safe to say so.

Secondly, Bilahari called out the excuse by Hsien Yang for not participating in the GE as hollow and cowardly. Wow, this is a straight punch into the face, calling Hsien Yang a coward.

Now Hsien Yang would have to respond, or would he not or take it like what Bilahari called him? Another show coming up and this one is going to be hot. Even Tommy Koh also cannot tahan. Why would Bilahari take such a pot shot which is not much different from the pot shots he took against China in the South China Sea episode, speaking on grounds of high principles I supposed. In that incident he got off unscathed. He was very brave then. Now he is showing his braveness once again as the undiplomatic diplomat that he proudly called himself.

It is rare to find such a brave man, speaking out loud, in his own capacity, without any backing from anyone. He is his own man, a very brave man indeed.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White racism in Britain and the West

Pic of Jonathan Mok, victim of white racism in London. Photo credit to CNA

Jonathan Mok was a student in London UCL and was attacked by at least 4 racists in the streets of London. The incident occurred on 24 Feb 20 and only two of the racist assailants have been arrested, one to be charged in August and the other released after being questioned by the police. That one must have been so gentle on Jonathan.

More than 5 months have passed and the British police still could not arrest the other two assailants. Oh, London is a very big place and the super competent British police must have found it extremely difficult to trace and arrest them despite two accomplices were arrested. And for some racist reasons one was released and only one was going to be charged. And can you believe what the silly charge was about? '"wounding or inflicting grievous bodily harm without intent" in connection with the "racially aggravated assault" that happened on Oxford Street.

Can you believe it, the vicious attack by 4 white racist youths on a Singaporean, look at the face of Jonathan, was done without intent to inflict grievous bodily harm. Why don't the white racist police put the charge as the injury was due to their careless attempt to kiss Jonathan? Fucking white lies.

The white racists would always find ways to protect their own kind no matter how serious was their racist crime. The white racist police that killed George Floyd is living in luxury under police protection. This is the kind of white injustice on non white people in their white countries.

Singaporean bananas must not be surprised that this would happen to them in the streets of London or any street in UK or the US. White racism is a norm in these countries, second nature. It is not like safe Singapore where white racists would think twice to commit such crimes against Singaporeans. They would pretend to be nice and civilised when they are here, but their wild beast nature is only concealed temporarily and still happened now and then, and our poor taxi drivers often ended as their punching bags. And sad to say, these fucking white scourge would get away lightly and still allowed to stay in Singapore to work, to enjoy our safe city without being expelled. Only violation of Covid19 rules would lead to expulsion, not violent crimes in beating up taxi drivers and Singaporeans. Oops, they are foreign talents and are darlings to you know who.

Would Jonathan Mok get his justice in London? I doubt so. What can Singapore do about it? Nothing except making some futile appeals. The only thing to hope for is for the virus to devour them to extinction.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Hsien Yang - My father's vision for Singapore
Post election and a time for reflection. Following more controversies and personal attacks, Hsien Yang has been forced to open up, to speak up. Hiding in the shadow is not going to work. Just like China, tying its hands behind its back and letting the world's number one gangster country, the USA, to take pot shots and making wild allegations and accusations without doing anything, without hitting back, would not do. The little cronies are watching and inaction is a sign of weakness and an invitation to join the attack of the big gangster.

Hsien Yang confessed that he is a private and shy person and it is unusual, and for good reasons, that he has to speak up now. He cannot hide from the lime light anymore. They would not allow him to do so. His main comment in this opening up is about the vision of Lee Kuan Yew. LKY is a man of vision, just like his fellow comrades. They ate, drank and slept, thinking about how to build a rich Singapore for Singaporeans. I added this last part, for Singaporeans, Hsien Yang did not say it. But I think the pioneer leaders had this in mind, a good life for Singaporeans, not for foreigners. Thinking of building a rich Singapore for foreigners while impoverishing Singaporeans is treason, treachery, a betrayal. This is the key reason why the pioneer generations and merdeka generations went with the PAP and grew out of poverty to build a nation from third world to first world...for Singaporeans. I have to emphasise this as idiots and traitors would find this difficult to understand.

What are the new PAP leaders thinking? Do they have a vision for Singapore... and for Singaporeans? The last part is very important. Singapore cannot exist not for Singaporeans but for foreigners. National leaders are not the ordinary Ah Beng that made it good, became successful and rich and thinking of how to enrich themselves and their families more, and enjoy life better from their new found wealth.

National leaders must always be thinking about the nation and the people, the citizens, not the locals, not the PRs, and the what nots that happened to be here. The rest are not citizens and not the responsibility of the SINGAPORE govt. They have their own govts to look after them and their interests. Did I make this point clear? National leaders that open and close their mouths talking about looking after foreign nationals, giving them good jobs, taking care of them, are traitors.

If they are the Ah Bengs made rich, please do so, with your own money, not the public's money. The public's money is NOT your money, just like the people's CPF is NOT your money to be used to take care of foreigners.

What is your vision as national leaders? Have you been thinking about it? Or are you thinking and dreaming every day about your million dollar salary, how to make sure it will continue to flow in and how to increase it tomorrow? Have you been thinking about how to look after the well beings of Singaporeans, to make them richer, make their lives better, give them good jobs, not to retrain them to become cleaners, grab drivers and security guards and bringing in more foreigners to take over their good jobs?

What are you thinking as national leaders, the leaders that the citizens voted for you to take care of them, not to take care of foreigners? What are your vision, squeezing more bodies into this piece of rock? Is this your mission as national leaders of this little island? Are you responsible for the unemployment of other country's citizens, and your vision is to solve other country's unemployment problems? Are you responsible to increase the population of mother earth when the conventional truth today is to cut down on population growth? What is the purpose of this island nation, to build more flats to bring in more bodies from around the world to fill them?

Do you have a vision for Singapore and Singaporeans other than getting rich for yourself and buying yourself a bigger GCB or more GCBs and not to affect the quality of life of our families?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is asking a question to clarify a perception spreading falsehood?

Dr Chee had asked the People’s Action Party’s Dr Vivian Balakrishnan if he could “categorically tell Singaporeans right now that your party has no intention of raising our population to 10 million by continuing to bring in foreigners, especially foreign PMETs, into Singapore to compete with our PMETs for jobs”.

Dr Balakrishnan responded by referring to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office that day advising people not to indulge in falsehoods. He added: “Let me state for the record. We will never have 10 million. We won’t even have 6.9 million. The government doesn’t have a target for the population. What we want is a Singapore core that is demographically stable, able to reproduce ourselves, able to create opportunities and jobs for ourselves and able to stay as a cohesive whole. It is not a target and it’s certainly not 10 million and you are raising a false strawman. That is a false statement.”

The above is from www.theindependent.sg

Is asking the govt to confirm something spreading on the ground amounts to spreading falsehood? This kind of logic is what I called, contrived power logic. It is only logic when you have power behind the person using it. It would never be accepted as logic but swallowed grudgingly by the hapless.

Singaporeans have been forced to accept this kind of power logic far too often, like the 200m ruling when inside the polling centre is not within the 200m radius range. Go ask a primary school kid and he would instantly tell you it is wrong. Forcing our children to accept this as logical reasoning is making Singaporeans more stupid.

Anyone using this kind of power logic in the kopitiam would invite all kinds of vulgarities and even black eyes if one is too stubborn to insist on it.

What do you think, tiok boh? Asking to confirm yes or no is spreading falsehood? Not clarification?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: