Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Speak Your Mind, Singapore!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asean unity is important to all Asean states
Singapore has been shouting and screaming its heads off in every occasion and opportunity to tell the Asean members that the unity of Asean is vital for the survival of small states. Somehow this seems to be like a lone voice in the wilderness. I have yet to hear another Asean country head coming out to echo this same concern. China is dividing up the Asean countries. So, why aren’t the other Asean countries panicking and shouting back at China for doing so? The fear of a disunited Asean seems to be the concern only of Singapore. Or at least none of the Asean country is voicing this fear. Why?
Is it that the other Asean states are not small states but big states or mid size states and so did not share the same fear as a small state like Singapore? The next smallest state in Asean must be Brunei, though its physical size is also much bigger than Singapore. Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and the rest of the Asean states are not small states. This could be one of the reasons why they are not joining Singapore as the chorus boys and girls to hype this fear of a disunited Asean.
A corollary to this point is that these are bigger countries, or at least some, have aspirations to be regional powers or leaders in the region, leaders of Asean. How would they take it when a little red dot keeps climbing on top of them to shout to the world as if Singapore is the leader of Asean? Would they feel embarrass or feel that Singapore is usurping their roles as the natural leaders of Asean and thus feel offended. Could this be the reason why they refused to join in the shouting game as if the one that shouts the loudest is the leader and let Singapore shout for as loud and as long as it wants, alone, a voice in the wilderness?
Is Singapore sensitive to the aspirations of the regional powers, the bigger states in Asean to let them take the leadership role instead of trying to be the leader, acting as the leader, trying to call the shot and to set the agenda? Has Singapore really taken a look at what it is doing and whether the other Asean states are behind Singapore? Maybe they also share the same concerns of Singapore but just did not like to be led by Singapore and thus just keep quiet and refuse to say anything?
Maybe it would be wiser for Singapore to share and communicate more with the other Asean states, say its peace behind closed doors and let the bigger boys to front out, to take the lead and still getting the message across if the intent is to get the message across like in the NAM. It is good to know one’s own place and not to be ‘boh tua boh suay’ even among equals technically. The leaders and people of Asean too have their pride and do not want a little red dot to lead them around, acting like the top dog of Asean. Got to be sensitive I think.
What do you think? Would the Asean leaders fall in and allow Singapore to lead them in the charge in the international stage using Asean as a vehicle?
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water hike protest at Hong Lim
Last Saturday’s protest at Hong Lim was reported in the Straits Times not because of the protest but because Reuters gave the wrong and misleading reason for the poor turnout. Reuters said it was fear that kept people from attending the protest. The SPF objected to the argument of Reuters, claiming that it was misleading and untrue.
I think there could be some element of truth in Reuters’ point but how much was due to fear is debatable. Who is able to quantify this data? What I think could be one of the major reasons for the pathetic turnout of 100 was the lack of publicity on the event. How many people really know of the protest to even want to attend the event if they did not even know of it?
What I think organizers of future events at Hong Lim should take note of is to at least create more publicity and awareness of such protests. Don’t expect people to know if very little is said of it. Even poor Donald Trump must go down to twitting to get his message to as many people as possible. Organisers must know that they are not Donald Trump and only need to hold an event and expect everyone to know and to want to attend.
Organising an event with little or no publicity, with little or no notice, is as good as not organizing it at all. When failure or poor turnout is assured, what is the point? Are the organizers trying to prove that Singaporeans are not interested in such protests and let the attendance speaks for itself? What kind of impression are the organizers going to create with a 100 attendance?
My advice, do it properly, seriously, and no effort should be spared to inform the public of the event. Make use of all the options like social media, twitter, youtube, google, facebooks etc etc to get the message across. It must be quite disheartening for the speakers and those attending the event last Saturday to see the handful of attendance.
Want to hold more protest at Hong Lim again?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Singaporeans love this dictator?
This is what he gave to his people.
1. There is no electricity bill in his country; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in the country are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in his country – he vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in the country had a home. His father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in the country receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in his country. Before his rule only 25% of the citizens are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should his citizens want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If his citizens cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in the country, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In his country, if a citizen buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in his country is $0.14 per liter.
10. His country has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.
11. If a citizen is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of the country’s oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all the citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000
14. 40 loaves of bread in his country costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of the citizens have a university degree
16. He carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
The treacherous Americans said this man was evil and had him murdered by invading his country and dethroned him, or was it the Europeans and the Americans. This man was a dictator and would be ruthless, like all dictators are to their political enemies. Dictators are dictators and often bullied their citizens. But was this dictator a better dictator to his ordinary people? Would the apolitical kiasu, kiasi, kia chenghu Singaporeans love to have a dictator like this man?
You can guess his name. The Evil Empire has terminated him and his country is in a mess.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Children, read only the pages I marked can read, the rest cannot read
This is what Shania Ong wrote about the new laws Shanmugam is mooting to protect the daft Sinkies so that they would not be bluffed by fake news. The full article is posted in TRE under the heading ‘Selective investigation of ‘fake news’ by police?’
‘Question we need to ask ourselves is: “Are we really that stupid or dumb as a First World Nation to need the government to tell us what we can or cannot read and believe”? And the manner in which our police and politicians alike being so afraid of netizens taking to social media to air grievances or exposing victimization is very telling of what they really have to hide!....
I believe as people of Singapore, we are wiser than the government thinks and can discern right from wrong, falsehoods and truths. Is just that things have not gotten to a point where we feel we need to change the government or vote in a one third SDP-filled Parliament. But that might just change depending on how much we are able to tolerate the unaccountable price hikes, rapidly growing foreign workforce from Philippines, India and China in recession time and artificially suppressed wages with spiralling costs of living.’
You see, Shania has a point. The most well educated people from the first world, a sophisticated city state, very well travelled, very well informed, need to be protected from fake news because…They are innocent like children. They could not tell the difference between fake news and real news. It is good that the govt steps in to put in more rules and laws to protect them.
Singaporeans are a pitiful lot. Daft, daft, daft.
Oops, look at this as an alternative truth, Singaporeans are so lucky, being taken care off by a very caring govt, from cradle to grave. They will not be harmed in anyway by sinister and evil people. They are like living in the Garden of Eden, with God protecting them day and night, before Adam ate the fruit from the Tree of Wisdom. Must also tell them what can eat and what cannot eat and what time to go to bed. The children will forever never grow up.
Oops, when can go to the toilet also tell them, and must also paste the fig leaf on when walking about.
PS: The international readers reading this piece of news must be laughing themselves crazy. But this is no joke. It is very serious in Sin City. That is why this is a world class first world city with the best universities in the world. Dunno what they are being taught, but one thing for sure, no need to think.
Need to raise water price by 30% to teach the children the value of water!
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

China playing catch up with Singapore
China has been playing catching up with Singapore but is losing. When Singapore started industrialisation in the 60s, China was still a backward agricultural economy. It then sent many delegations of civil servants here to learn the trick of the trade using Singapore as a role model. Over the last 40 years China made progress, opened up to the world and industrialised. The millions of bicycles on the road instead of cars also gave way, just like Singapore in the last 40 years, and cars started to appear on the road to replace the bicycles.

Singapore has done that and moved on. The roads that are filled with cars in Singapore is starting to give way as Singapore progresses. This time Singapore is moving ahead again. Singaporeans are encouraged to ride bicycles instead of buying cars. Soon the roads of Singapore will be filled with bicycles again, just like China before opening up to the world. China would have a tough act to follow Singapore this time, to abandon the use of cars and to go back to riding bicycles. It is unlikely that China could catch up with Singapore in making its people to ride bicycles again, and very likely also a choice to abandon backward third world mode of transportation when people cannot afford to buy cars.

China is also losing out in housing after copying our housing models. Singaporeans have gone through the phase of buying bigger and bigger homes and asset enhancement. China is starting to do just that, with its nouve riche population rushing in to buy bigger and bigger homes. China did not know that the new trend of development, of progress, is to buy smaller homes, even to make babies, the smaller the cosier. Singaporeans are getting so rich that they know cars are wasteful, and so are bigger homes. So Singaporeans have embarked on a new trend, to buy smaller homes as a new lifestyle choice. When would China tell its people that small homes/flats are good and would not affect their quality of life?

Singaporeans are on the next phase of progress, not only buying smaller homes but trading them for retirement, come empty handed, go empty handed. China would take time to catch up with Singapore, for its people to start to buy smaller homes, and to tell its people to come empty handed and go empty handed, trading their homes for retirement, no more life long state pensions.

There are several areas that China has yet to embark on to be like Singapore, like paying their politicians millions to make them instant millionaires. This is something that China is still very backward and would never catch up with Singapore. Would China also learn from Singapore to bring in foreign talents to help create jobs for its locals? Would China dilute its core population with foreigners? Would China start to sell its strategic assets to foreigners as the next phase of their development?

Singapore is streaking ahead in many fields and enterprises. Would China also learn from Singapore to get its universities ranked among the best in the world? Never mind if our best graduates cannot built spacecraft, cannot build aircraft carriers, cannot build high speed trains after graduating from our world best universities. The progress is in getting the universities ranked as world best and get a degree from world best universities is the goal.

By the look of things, China will never catch up with Singapore and its people will be stuck with bigger homes and cars and not wanting to ride bicycles again. And its political leaders would never smell what it is like to be paid millions of dollars in salary and what it would be like to be millionaire politicians, and what dignity is all about boosted by a big pay cheque.

Singaporeans are now happily switching their cars to bicycles as a healthy way of life while the Chinese are pursuing their unhealthy and wasteful dreams of car ownership.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lim Tean – NSP Secretary General quits in less than 2 years
When Lim Tean came on as NSP’s secretary general, there were many questions asked by those in the known, who was Lim Tean, where was he coming from. The story behind NSP’s changing of Sec Gen is like changing clothing daily and would Lim Tean be different? Many thought, well, another one of those things. I will be more surprised if Lim Tean last longer than 2 years. If he does, I will close my book on him.
After appearing in the last GE, Lim Tean came through as a very promising opposition leader, articulate, confident and spoke sense. He did not come across as another of those things, you know what I mean. Many regarded him as a good catch by NSP or any political party. I see him very likely to be a white swan in a pond of black swans. My question is whether he is just another black swan or a genuine white swan.
Lim Tean’s sin was to speak out on major issues like the EP and the 30% water fee hike, things that respectable politicians should be talking about. Any politician that shunned such topics should join the ruling party, keep their mouths shut and happily collecting the MP allowance of neary $200k per annum. Lim Tean went one step further, to speak at the Speaker’s Corner on the same sensitive and taboo subjects. Many must be shocked of what Lim Tean did. I too and knew that his days were numbered if he is a white swan.
Now the white swan has found that black swans are not comfortable with white swans and either he behaves like black swans or leave to find company with other white swans.
Any decent opposition party wants to open their arms to this man Lim Tean? It takes a lot of guts and bravado to welcome someone that has very good leadership potential into their wings. Lim Tean is one of the better politicians thrown out by this stale, staid and barren political landscape. Who is going to offer him an olive branch and throw him a welcoming party? Any big man out there to take this man of substance to fight another day or thinking that Lim Tean is too good for him and would threaten his own position as leader of a political party?
This is the umpteen times that the people are expecting the alternative political parties to get their act together, put aside personal ego and ambition, to bring together the few good men and women to put up a reasonable team to challenge the ruling party. Or would they continue to muck around thinking that they have all the time in the world to stay as has been minnow political parties that would stage a pretentious fight in every GE only to prove beyond any doubt that they are perpetual losers, meaningless and a waste of the people’s time?
Would the losers acknowledge that they are losers from the start and change tact, to build up a stronger team to make a meaningful fight in the next GE or everything will be as before, a lot of noise but no substance and the electorate increasingly giving up on them?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more must daft Sinkies suffered from the Pinkerton Disease?
The recent write down of $208 million by Singpost for a failed acquisition of an American online shop, TradeGlobal, is a sad reflection of how silly Sinkies are in front of Pinkerton. To the daft Sinkies, every Pinkerton is like a white god, to be prostrated and let the bugger screw them all over and to feel very grateful. In the case of this Wolfgang guy who was a consultant, but as usual so impressive to the daft Sinkies, that they offered him the CEO job and the story ended with this TradeGlobal fracas. You can’t blame this Pinkerton as the daft are so willing to pray to the white god. To the daft he must be very good.
The same pathetic story has been repeated over and over again all over this little former colony of Britain. Look at the pathetic state of the stock market and you would be wondering why no one could see anything wrong with it. During the financial crisis, the Pinkertons marched in offering to sell their lemon bank shares at a good price to the impressionable Sinkies. And within a month or so, not sure how much due diligence was done, tens of billions were handed to the Pinkertons only to find out overnight that the lemon banks were rotting inside that the Pinkertons did not fully disclosed. They were so gullible, almost defenceless when a Pinkerton is staring down at them. They were almost begging for the pleasure to be screwed.
How many more Pinkertons are there in Singapore lording over the impressionable and never grow up daft Sinkies and getting paid by the millions of good Singapore dollars when the money could be better off given to another equally daft Sinkie? At least you would not feel cheated. But the daft Sinkies are so happy to have the services of these white gods in pink and are not complaining. And many failed Pinkertons are still lording over the daft Sinkies and highly regarded here and refused to go home, probably ended with more prized jobs.
My advice to the Pinkertons around the world, please come to Singapore. They are begging for your return to screw their arses and would even feel very grateful for it. They would never complain for the losses or big failures and failed recommendations. They would ask for more. Look at the universities and ask how many Pinkertons are there sitting on top of daft Sinkies and being paid as the new colonial masters ruling over their willing subjects! In another decade or so there would not be any Sinkie academics left in the academia.
How long more, how many more of such failures and stupidity would the daft Sinkies wisen up to their folly to treat the Pinkertons as what they are really worth and not gods? When would the daft Sinkies believe in themselves? Looking for titans? No need to look further, just bring in more Pinkertons or more third world talents with dubious degrees and backgrounds would do the job.
How could you find titans in a nation of daft?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kishore Mahbubani – Telling the unpleasant truth is hard to do
When Singapore was beating its gongs and blowing its trumpets during the South China Sea claims by the Philippines and screaming that the fake Tribunal was ‘UN backed’ and China must obey or be seen as not abiding by the rule of law, I thought Kishore would say something to cool down the hot heads in the Foreign Ministry and the Rajaratnam School of International Relations. He did not.
Perhaps he was still recovering from his ops. Or maybe he was just folding his arms and standing by the ring side, telling himself it was better for the hot heads to learn the lesson the hard way. Subsequently the teacher did deliver the lesson. Whether the hot heads have learnt anything, this I am not too sure, and I think not likely though they kept a very low profile for a while, probably gagged from doing more damage to Singapore China relations.
Finally after a long wait, Kishore opened up. The School of Lee Kuan Yew did not share the youthful or naïve enthusiasm of the Rajaratnam School. You see, today information is everywhere, knowledge is everywhere, at the finger tips. There is no need to go to the library and bury oneself in tomes of literature to gather knowledge and information. The difference between two persons having the same store of knowledge is the wisdom in understanding, interpreting and applying the knowledge. That separates the boys from the men.
When there is an eclipse of the moon, some will take out their gongs and drums and beat to their hearts content for the moon to reappear. The wise and knowing will just wait for the truth to show up. Everyone is concerned, but beating the drums and gongs like crazy would not help but to make one looked crazy in this modern world.
What Kishore said is the hard truth, the painful truth, but the stubborn and arrogant would not want to understand. It is difficult and painful to be told of the unpleasant truth. Singapore was what it was during the time of LKY, being a big mouth in everything, was not because Singapore was principled or strong, but because of LKY. He was the senior statesman that achieved a lot in his life time. He was the oracle, the Jedi master that green political leaders would come to beg for some pieces of enlightenment. He could say anything he want and they would defer to him. Singapore’s politicians then rode on his coat tail to talk big. Now he is gone. No one could fit that shoe and think he could talk like LKY and people around the world would listen to. Some arrogant nuts would think otherwise, that they are as clever and influential as LKY and demand respect from leaders of the world, to listen to their cocky stories.
It is painful to delve further into this silly mindset that Singapore must blow its trumpets and beat its gongs on grounds of principles. Kishore reminded the hot heads that Singapore went against its principles to join the Americans to invade Iraq without the consent of the UN. Why, to serve Singapore’s interest, to join the world’s number one bully to invade a smaller country and think it was safe to do so? Kishore was warning the hot heads that Qatar too did the same only to be turned against and dropped by the Americans.
Yes, Singapore was not a tame dog to the Americans. Would it sound better being the barking dog, the attack dog of the Americans? Singapore could talk big during the time of LKY on two important factors. One is the LKY dominant presence. The second was to be in the American camp with the Americans standing behind it. Today LKY is gone. Singapore still can talk big with the Americans standing behind. But be careful. This big bully has many interests and should its other interests rule to favour others more than Singapore, then it is going to screw Singapore in the back.
Oops, I think everyone has been chirping that there is no permanent friend but permanent interests. Is this so difficult to understand? Should Singapore throw everything into a relationship and cut all other options loose, and keep shouting and bragging about its ability to punch above its weight with a big bully standing behind, or standing on the shoulders of the big bully? Isn’t this dangerous, like riding a tiger and unable to dismount? Is this good for a small state?
The contest for wisdom, not ideas, between the Lee Kuan Yew School and the Rajaratnam School has started. If the latter has its way, we can expect to hear more shouting by Singapore and China would not be too nice to Singapore again. If the former’s wisdom rules, then the hot heads would be kept in a tight leash, not allowed to bark crazily thinking that the more they shout, that only they have principles and others did not, it is ok, that Singapore may be small, but Singapore can punch above its weight, with big bully around to protect Singapore.
I think the Rajaratnam School would triumph in this match as they have more hot heads and is better at shouting down their opponents. Kishore is going to be alone in the Lee Kuan Yew School as no one would have the dare to shout back except to apologise for Kishore’s excesses in his ideas.
China, please respect Singapore’s principles, abide by the rule of law and listen carefully to what Singapore is going to say about the South China Sea, all over again.
PS. Would Singapore be able to punch above its weight, to talk big and loud without the Americans standing at the back?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternative News from across the Causeway

This is what a Malaysian said of corruption in high places in Malaysia. Where got problem? It is ok if the corruption did not lead to high cost of living. Who is going to complain when seeing a govt doctor cost RM1. Who is going to complain when the delivery of a child in govt hospital cost RM1?
Then there is public housing where a 2 bedroom apartment cost RM50,000. Complain for what? This is good govt, a govt that looks after the welfare of the people. What corruption? Who cares?
Najib just announced a RM1.42b package for Felda. How is this to be spread among the people? This is what AGENCIES reported, ‘Cash incentives of RM475 million, or RM5,000 to each settler. Forgiving RM128 million in debt for settlers who took out Felda Global Ventures equity loans. Debt forgiveness of RM519 million, or up to RM5,000 for each settler that had taken part in Felda’s scheme to replant unproductive oil palms, and A special fund of RM300 million to be set up for 2017 to 2021, to help with replanting operational debts of RM40,000 or more.
And everyone knows that this is pre election budget. The Malaysian govt is buying votes and the people are not worry as the govt would not be coming up with high taxes to take back everything they gave during the election. Why not? If the govt is giving money to the people, this is the kind of govt that the people will vote for. Why vote for a govt that promises everything under the sky but what comes after the election are tax hikes in everything. Malaysians are smart, unlike the daft Singaporeans, got conned and conned after every GE and still never learn.
The Malaysians love their govt, a govt that takes care of them and their welfare. It is ok if they take care of themselves, pocket a bit more, but give the people more also.
Which govt do you think is good for the people? Which govt is not corrupt? What is important is whether they are making life better for the people or not.
What do you think?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ground breaking events on 4 Aug

Five days before Singapore celebrates its National Day on 9 Aug, two ground breaking events hit Singapore on Friday. The first was the PNG of Professor Huang Jing of the LKY School of Public Policies headed by Kishore Mahbubani. Huang Jin and his wife Shirley Yang had their PR status cancelled and banned from entering Singapore for life on charges of trying to influence Singapore's foreign policies by working with foreign intelligent services and govts.

The second ground breaking event was the AG's decision to charge Li Sheng Wu for contempt of court for his facebook posting commenting that the Singapore court is pliant.

In Huang Jing's case an unknown superpower was hinted to be behind his actions. There are two big superpowers that are likely to be associated with this case, the USA or China. Huang Jing and wife are US PRs. But he is said to be pro China in his writings. The guess is that the power to be behind him is either the USA or China. What is important here is that Singapore is living up to its principles of not allowing any country or superpower to influence its policies or be pressured to bend its policies. In this case Huang Jing is representing a powerful country to influence Singapore's foreign policy. Does his expulsion got to do with another power pressuring Singapore to expel him?

The expulsion of Huang Jin and wife is a hardening of Singapore's position against the superpower behind Huang Jin, be it the USA or China. And Singapore is prepared to take on the superpower come what may to establish its principled position and to protect its national interest. The price is high for making this tough decision and there will be consequences. It is kind of calling a spade a spade, no more disguises and innuendoes. You are enemy. And the enemy is exposed and embarrassed and the ball is in the enemy's court now.

The case against Li Sheng Wu is bridge burning, a declaration of war with Lee Hsien Yang and family. Li Sheng Wu is no sibling, one generation down the road. Taking him to court is different from taking siblings to court. But nonetheless he is family and Hsien Yang and Wei Ling would take this as open warfare, everything goes. The truce has been broken. The family feud is alive and burning.

Li Sheng Wu has said that he would not return to Singapore to face charges. It is as good as self imposed exile, like his parents. Would he be applying for political asylum like Amos Yee? The only thing to remember this young man for his brief moments in the annals of Singapore's history are these words spoken in his eulogies for his grandfather.

'It is often said that my grandfather built great institutions for Singapore. But what is an institution? It is a way of doing things that outlives the one who builds it. A strong institution is robust, it is persistent. It does not depend precariously on individual personalities. It places the rule of law above the rule of man. And that is the sacrifice of being a builder of institutions. To build institutions is to cede power – is to create a system that will not forever rely on you. That this occasion passes without disorder or uncertainty shows that he succeeded in this task. We are bereft at his passing, but we are not afraid. The pillars that he built stand strong, the foundations that he dug run deep.'

It is ironic and sad that he has to run away from his grandfather's institutions and the home he grew up with and full of fond memories.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let’s pray
Smug human beans and those that are materially successful tend to sneer and despise the poor that went down on their knees to pray to God or heaven or whatever deities or spirits they could seek to give them a helping hand. Such practices have been perpetuated throughout human civilization till today. The hapless, the helpless, the poor have no one to look to and in desperation turn to the supernatural as a last resort. The natural aristocrats, the royalties, the elite would quietly sneered at their stupidity. The arrogant would laugh haughtily at these pathetic beans and their desperate ways.
Don’t laugh, go to all the places and houses of worship, they are all praying. Even the fallen rich, fallen elites or aristocrats would go down on their knees to pray when they hit hard times.
Looking around at what is happening in this little piece of rock, it looks increasingly real and meaningful to pray to the supernatural when all else do not seem to work. Yes, the Sinkies are in desperation. Ok, not all Sinkies are in such a dire state, but those that were, their only hope is for the supernatural to do something. Many are hoping against all hopes that there is indeed a super bean out there to come to their aid when all else fails.
Everyone in the wrong side of the equation is hoping and praying for the mysterious hand to make things right. What else can they do? Yes, nothing. Their ancestors have done this through the millennia and today is no difference.
Let’s pray that wrong should be righted and goodness shall prevail over evil.
Everyone please go down on your knees. There is no shame to pray. You are just hapless poor human beans with on power to do anything to help yourself. Only the One that could work mysteriously could help you.
Let’ pray like what our forefathers do in times of desperation and when hope is the only thing to cling on to. For those that are successful and fearless, that what they are are due to their exceptional abilities and talent, there is no need to pray. They are gods themselves and untouchable, and praying is a very silly thing that only the losers will do. God will only help those that help themselves. For those who have, more would be added to them. Amen.
PS. Foe the successful, there is no need to pray for all their wants have been granted. They could even grant wishes if you pray to them. In the mean time keep sneering at the losers.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misunderstood Yaacob Ibrahim
I quote what Yaacob said about being a minority from thestatestimesreview.
“It has been a difficult and challenging journey for my community. Sometimes, the majority does not know what it feels to be a minority community.”
Without giving any example, the Minister in-charge of propaganda and Muslim affairs also played the victim card and said that Singaporean Muslims have been “under constant scrutiny” after terrorist attacks overseas made headlines news in recent years:
“It is not a pleasant experience when your religion and your religious orientation is under constant scrutiny. For the Malay-Muslim community, this sense of being misunderstood is deeply felt, having been in the spotlight for quite some time. It has been a difficult and challenging journey for my community.”
It is true that given the circumstances, the Singaporean Muslims have been ‘under constant scrutiny’. Can Yaacob expect less? What Yaacob did not say is that this is a peculiar situation that would also happen to any community, even to the majority if their kinds are involved in the terrorist acts around the world and threatening to blow up some parts of Singapore. And this is not an issue of being a minority or being a majority.
The scrutiny is a result of terrorism and terrorist acts and nothing to do with being a minority. It just so happened that the terrorist acts around the world today is associated with ISIS and its religious connection with Islam. Yaacob needs to be clearer in his inference of how the Singapore Muslims are feeling under such circumstances. Being Muslims and being from the minority race and terrorism are two separate things. If the terrorist acts are not committed by Muslims in the name of Islam and ISIS, would there be such scrutiny against the Malay/Muslim minority? Unfortunately the Singapore Malays are Muslims and the dread of the world today is ISIS and Islam or ISIS abusing Islam. If terrorism is from a different religion that has no relation or association with Islam, this ‘under constant scrutiny’ would not be an issue.
I would agree that the majority does not know what it feels to be a minority community. Such a feeling of being a minority is not unique to Singapore or to the Malay community alone. Any ethnic minority will have the same sense of unease anywhere in the world, of any ethnic minority, as long as they are a minority. The Chinese may be a majority here but is a minority in many countries and also felt the same way, affected by being a minority. There is nothing new in being a minority. It is everywhere. Things get worst when ISIS is associated strongly with Islam and Muslims and the latter are also Malays.
But I must say that the majority of the other races, including the Chinese, are not staring at every Malay/Muslims and fearing that behind them is a terrorist. If that will to be the case, life would be very miserable and very difficult to get by, and inter racial tension and suspicion would only increase. Singapore would become dysfunctional. This is not true, not the case in Singapore. Generally all the races are going about their lives without being paranoid about the Malay/Muslim community.
Betul tak?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get an education from LaRouchePAC
Watch this video to get an education for yourself and free yourself from the clutches of neo colonialism of your mind by the West. Many western scholars have been trying very hard to do this to help the unthinking Asians and Africans to think and to find some self respect in themselves, and to stop them from continuing in their unthinking ways, allowing the West to think for them. This is a video that is very educational and the things said would hopefully remove the blinkers and the clogs in the minds of daft Asians and Africans.
Cutting Through the Childish Lies Against China
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvytTCuYlVM
Streamed live on Oct 26, 2017
Bill Jones, EIR Washington, DC Correspondent, joins us for a discussion on the silly lies spewing out of the Western media establishment about China. What most Americans have been fed this week about China and how it views the world is utter nonsense. It is the crudest of cartoon characterizations. According to our fake news media the Chinese have overtaken the arch devil Putin in attempting to emasculate the United States. Breitbart even went so far as to compare China’s current thinking to national socialism. These are all ludicrous lies peddled by the same people who are out to destroy Donald Trump — precisely because he might ally with Xi Jinping to bring real economic development to the United States and the world. These lies will increase in intensity the closer we come to the President’s state visit to China in early November.

Our guest tonight, Bill Jones, has been a key aide to Helga Zepp-LaRouche in fighting to bring China's Belt and Road Initiative into collaboration with the United States. He has closely followed the recent Party Congress and its significance both for the Chinese and for human history. He understands the unique perspective of China's Belt and Road Initiative, the largest infrastructure building project ever undertaken by mankind, both in terms of physical economic development but also in terms of cultural interchanges and a new type of relationship between nation states based on mutual benefit. The Chinese call this win-win cooperation, a model vastly different from the geopolitical zero sum calculus employed in the West. This western world view, authored by the British Empire, creates the perpetual warfare we have suffered for the last decades. Join us tonight for what promises to be a most intriguing discussion.

----------
Subscribe to LaRouchePAC Live: http://lpac.co/youtube
Subscribe to LaRouchePAC Videos: http://lpac.co/youtube-vid
Subscribe to LaRouchePAC Science: http://lpac.co/youtube-sci
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great opportunities beckoning from North Korea
Everytime I read about little Red Dot sending a delegation to the world's biggest economy in purchasing power terms and bragging about what they could learn from us, I can't stop shaking my head. There is absolutely nothing left that China can learn from Singapore except the bad things that they have rejected from the start. Our legal system or rule of law? Makes me laugh more heartily. If someone can tell China to obey the rule of a kangaroo court, unable to differentiate a kangaroo court and a court of justice, what credibility does such a person have when talking about legal system and rule of law? Not wanting to add more comments on this stupid stance by stupid people.
Now where was I? Oh, opportunities beckoning from North Korea! Can anyone see what I am seeing? It does not need a genius to see the great opportunities North Korea is offering to little Red Dot that is running out of ideas and craving for some openings to do some good businesses. They are not blind, but blinded by the blinkers put on them by the Americans, telling them what to read, what to see and what to say, what is good and what is bad. North Korea is like South Korea in the same way China, Taiwan, HongKong and Singapore are alike, the same DNA. If South Korea can be what it is today, North Korea will be the next South Korea, maybe even bigger and more prosperous once they adopted the Chinese system of separation between political ideology and economic reality.
Cut out the politics of the Americans. The Americans are running a brutal empire for world domination and anything that is against them or not for them is bad. They will demonise everyone and make the stupid believe in their demonisation. They wanted monopoly of nuclear weapons and WMD and to use these as threats against small nations and would not allow small nations to find ways to defend themselves against this evil Empire. Now is this familiar?
Singapore is a small country surrounded by bigger neighbours and must arm to its teeth, the poison fish theory. Isn't North Korea doing the same, arming itself to the teeth so that the evil Empire cannot threaten to obliterate it at will, to invade the country at will, by developing its own nuclear arsenal to prevent an invasion by the evil Empire? Little Red Dot has been practising the same principle to defend itself from bigger neighbours. North Korea is not going to threaten any country with nuclear weapons. North Korea is not going to attack any country with their nuclear weapons. It is the evil Americans that are threatening to do that. Get the shit off your numbskull and stop behaving like fools and allowing the Americans to make a fool of you.
Now that we have gotten rid of this American shit, let's think business and do business. Let the Americans continue with their political bickering and warmongering. Look at the potential of North Korea and what little Red Dot can offer to NK to complement each other. The NK capability in rocketry is something that little Red Dot can capitalise on, to market to the world to send satellites to space. Little Red Dot does not have the technology nor the space to be a provider of such a service. Little Red Dot can do the marketing and selling of this service to the rest of the world. Work with NK, cooperate with NK to sell this service. There is first mover advantage. And they are many areas that the two countries could cooperate economically, even sell them the idea of rule of law, open up NK like LKY helped to open up China. This is a role cut out for little Red Dot while there is still time. China is over as far as little Red Dot is concerned. There is no more value add that little Red Dot can offer to China. North Korea is where opportunities lie and the door is just opening.
Little Red Dot should say the same thing to the evil Empire. It would determine its own foreign policies to serve its own national interests, not the interests of the evil Empire. It would not allow a foreign power to dictate its foreign policies and will befriend whoever it wants if it serves its national interest. Before the rest of the world rush into North Korea, little Red Dot must act quickly or be left behind.
North Korea is a peaceful country and hungry for development, not for war. The country that is about wars and hungry for wars is the USA. They are talking about wars every day, sleeping, eating or shitting wars. The evil Empire should not be allowed to limit the freedom of little Red Dot to do business with NK. Remove the blinkers and start working, and be real.
NK is not going to bomb the shit out of little Red Dot. Little Red Dot is insignificant, irrelevant, non existence to NK, but little Red Dot can make itself relevant by doing the right thing or the wrong thing to NK.
In a way, little Red Dot can fan the lies spread by the Americans that NK is going to bomb everyone with nuclear weapons, for what reason no need to ask, no need to know. Then little Red Dot can go and sell them ‘Iron Domes’ to protect them from nuclear attacks. But first little Red Dot must produce the ‘Iron Domes’ for sale. This is exactly what the evil Empire is doing, create demons, create fears, create tension and threats of wars and then sell weapons. QED.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driverless cars - The fools will never learn
Why did I say this kind of things? What do you think is the problem with SMRT collision? Ok, what was the basic principle underlying decision making by the first generation of leaders? Before they purchase a system, an equipment, a plane, a ship or a train system, they asked a very basic question. How long has the system or equipment been in operation? Has it been proven to work, free from faults and bugs? If it is new, untested, why should we buy and pay to be the guinea pig?
This driverless car thing is a new thing, a new technology. In the Jurong Test Centre we are just setting an area for testing and earn some money from it. This is a business. It would be a different story if we are volunteering to be the guinea pig to test run driverless cars on our road while knowing that it is an untested technology and many things can go wrong? This would happen if we volunteer to be the first country to experiment on driverless cars. This is a first that we should not be clamouring for. This is not something to ‘pray pray’ about. This technology can kill, innocent lives are involved. There are harmless things that we want to be first for bragging rights. This untested driverless technology is not really in operation and going to present a lot of problems, troubles and accidents waiting to happen?
Are we the owner of this technology, the software or the hardware developer? Do we own the copyright? Who is the owner of this concept/equipment and how are we going to benefit from it if it is tested successfully? If we are not of the above, do we want to put our people’s lives as the price for testing other people’s product?
If we are the developer and owner of the software it is all well and good but still must approach this cautiously. We even erected another barrier in MRT stations costing millions to prevent people from jumping on the tracks. Test running driverless cars are definitely more risky than people voluntarily jumping on the tracks. If we are just a user, we should not be putting our people and reputation at risk. If we are part owner of this concept and system, and we are going to gain and benefit from it financially, that could be a different proposition. If we are just a teeny weeny minority shareholder, or not at all, we need to weigh the benefits and returns versus the cost of such an experiment when it is going to be conducted on our roads. During the experimental stage many things can go wrong and lives could be lost. Is it worth it?
What is in it for us?
Just hope that we are not being made a sucker to test other people’s product and system and if things go awry, our people got killed or injured.
Get my point? Remember the investment in an untested American aircraft called F35 that turned out to be an American scam and making the investing countries into suckers, pouring money into a bottomless pit? Still believing that the Americans would share their cutting edge technologies with outsiders?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: