Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Creating a New Impression
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crown Prince of Johore's statement to Nazri in Malaysiakini

This is a very enlightening speech by the Cown Prince of Johore, HRH brigadier general Tunku Ismail Ibni Sultan Ibrahim in defence of his right to speak for the raykat, his people against the abuse of power and corruption by the politicians, in this case Nazri Abdul Aziz, Culture and Tourism Minister of Malaysia.

There is a role reversal in Malaysian politics, with the Royalties now being the moral authority and standing up against the politicians. It was the other way in the past that gave Mahathir the opportunity to curb the power of the Royalties. Now the Royalties are seeing the politicians as the corrupt ones and standing up to voice their displeasure and objections, to defend the rights and interest of the people.

In any country, when the politicians are corrupt and abuses the power given to them by the people, it is the right of the people to speak out either directly or through their elected representatives. Politicians are not gods and should not present themselves as gods or infallibles. Here is the speech of the Crown Prince of Johore.

You are a minister, not a god from the heavens who lord above everybody. Do not think the people of this country exist to provide you with position and wealth, but the position exists for you to serve the people.

When I voice out, I do it as the leader of my rakyat, on behalf of Johoreans and Malaysians. All I did was to remind the leaders of the country that they have a responsibility to serve the people, and for this, I am attacked.

'Speaking for the people'

In the new world order, I envision a future that every person has a right to voice their opinions. However, that is not the case in Malaysia today, where ministers think they are untouchable. I am willing to be cursed for standing up for what is right, rather than be loved for defending what is wrong.

I am not a politician. I am only answerable to Allah, my sultan and the people of Johor. I do not do the bidding of some puppet-master who pulls the strings. Johor only has place for those who want to serve the people, not for those who want to garner votes for their own interests.

There will come a time, when the Johorean people must decide what is best for us and our future generations. Decide and unite we will, as Bangsa Johor, to forge our future. United we stand strong, divided we fall. I stand for my rakyat, not to joust for power, not to topple the government, but to ensure the wellbeing of my people.

I never told anybody to step down or resign, only to remind politicians of their roles and responsibilities. If you cannot deal with that, it just shows your arrogance to the people.

Alhamdulillah, I have been blessed with a comfortable life, and I could just live my own life and be oblivious to the worries of my people, but here I am, standing firm by their side.

So for those wanting to tarnish my image and make me public enemy number one, the people are smarter than that, and they can think for themselves.

Do not use me to divert attention from 1MDB and other national issues. This country needs politicians who are clean and transparent, who carry out their duties with sincerity and integrity.

- HRH brigadier general Tunku Ismail Ibni Sultan Ibrahim, the Crown Prince of Johor.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysians choose the devil over the deep blue sea
92 year old Mahathir won. My prediction that the Chinese votes would swing to Najib did not come true. The economic and business biased Chinese voters did not go for economic interest unlike their forefathers, decided that political power is more important. The years of abuses by UMNO and the deep seeded and entrenched powers of extremists in UMNO would have to pay for their sins and be gotten rid off. The years of distrust and unhappiness over UMNO leaders is probably the main reason why they took the chance with Mahathir, the extremist they knew, and hopefully to live with him for a brief moment before Anwar assumed the post of PM. Any change is better than to continue with the same pact of extremists in UMNO. In Anwar’s case this is classic phoenix rising from the ashes, being beaten and locked up in prison for good only to reemerge as the PM of the day, at least this is the game plan. Many visitors are taking Q numbers to visit Anwar, the de facto PM working behind bars. They would probably have to refurnish his prison cell to look more respectable as the office of a PM.
Many BN minority leaders were bundled out of Parliament with the MCA and MIC losing their key leaders to DAP. MCA is history after decades of being hapless poodle of UMNO, totally incapacitated and ineffective in protecting minority Chinese interest. DAP is emerging as the force to be reckoned with not just in Penang but the whole of West Malaysia. With its 28 seats, DAP is going to be the deciding factor in the fate of Mahathir and Pakatan Coalition. The Chinese voters have thrown their weight behind DAP. DAP would not be bullied and pushed around by the new coalition govt.
In Malaysian politics, it is politics and anything can happen. Najib’s day may not be over yet given the possibility that DAP could defect en bloc to Najib’s camp should Mahathir play his anti Chinese card again. DAP has enough seats to make the difference and be the check on the ultra ultras and extreme extremists in Mahathir’s camp.
Putting this scenario aside, knowing that behind the scene dealings are taking place now, what would this lesson be for Singapore? Would our school boys and school girls learn anything and put aside their egos and differences and do a Mahathir in the next GE here? Though we may not have someone with the drawing power and experience of Mahathir, the political scene is ripe for a change with all the unpopular and unpleasant policies still in play and being assumed as the new normal that the daft Singaporeans have no choice but to live by.
Malaysia boleh, would the Singaporeans be shouting Singapore oso can do?
Hsien Loong’s relation with Mahathir would not be as cosy as with Najib. No more durian lunches together. But not to worry, Singapore has a trump card in the Indian Malay President. She can invite the Indian Malay PM to the Istana for curry fish head in banana leaf and rebuild a new rapport with Mahathir to compensate for the lack of chemistry between the latter and Hsien Loong. Everything will be fine.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Wan Azizah - Woman of the Year
Stand by your man. This is what Wan Azizah has done all these years when Anwar was down and out, and accused of all kinds of vicious crimes that not many wives could accept or tolerate. Many wives would be so demoralised and would have given up on their men. This woman stood by Anwar in good times and in bad times. Anwar is so blessed to have such a great woman on his side, as his dedicated and devoted wife.

Wan Azizah not only did that, she did everything to protect Anwar, his interests and well beings. She did everything for her man, to be freed and be Prime Minister again. In the midst of all the politikings, she kept her cool and planned her every move for her husband locked up in jail. She formed a coalition with the man that brought down her husband with the condition that her husband would be pardoned, freed and be the next PM. She swapped her safe seat in Permatang Pauh, a seat she fought and kept for Anwar, with her daughter, so that during the interim period she would still be the Deputy PM, to keep a close watch on Mahathir, in case the devil has other plans. In this she has the support of her daughters and Lim Guan Eng, to make sure Mahathir keep to his promise.

She had done it. She has made it possible for the release of Anwar, fully pardoned by the Agong, to become the next PM of Malaysia. She singlehandedly won the Premiership for Anwar. What a woman!

This is a wonderful woman, a great strategist, a great woman who stood by her man in the darkest hours of his life when everyone would have written him off, to die in prison. She kept his dream alive and turned it into reality.

Wan Azizah is the Woman of the Year not just in Malaysia, but in the World. She made everyone proud of her. How about a Nobel Peace Prize for her instead of degrading this prize by giving it to scoundrels and warmongers that committed war crimes against humanity?

PS. Southernglory emailed this to me. Dr. Wan Azizah was one of the top students of College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland. She was the MacNaughton Jones gold medal winner in 1977. She was the 1st Malaysian to get this award which started in 1916, given to the best in Obstetrics and Gynaecologists.

For a foreign lady student competing in a male white dominated world of medicine in Ireland and win such a prestigious award is an outstanding achievement.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Trump Summit – Love at first sight
In the idyllic setting of a tropical island, with the sun shining brightly, Kim and Trump finally met, like two star crossed lovers. Trump was bowed over by the sincerity of this young leader from North Korea and it was like the proverbial love at first sight. One could easily notice the comfort level of Trump and his liking for Kim. What enemies? They were like long lost brothers coming together for the first time after years of separation.
Kim was scheduled to fly home by 2pm local time after lunch. When the two took a casual stroll in the courtyard of the colonial building of Capella Hotel, beaming after lunch, it was clearly too late to make a dash for the airport. They were in no hurry. Their expressions and body language said it all, that all was fine and both were happy of the outcome. The leisure stroll was the short break while officials hurried behind closed doors to put in the final details for a historic document to be signed by the President of the USA and the Chairman of North Korea. Trump even showed Kim the interior of his bullet proof limousine.
When the moment came, there was jubilation all around. Everyone was pleased with the two leaders signing a comprehensive agreement, hope the terms were not as stupid and ridiculous as the CECA signed between Singapore and India. Knowing how serious is this document and how nationalistic are the two signatories, both must be sure that they were signing an agreement that is favourable to their respective national interests.
The positive vibration spreaded immediately across the world and the Koreans, both North and South, must be the happiest people to share this moment of truth. Moon Jae In and his cabinet were reported to rise in applause at the signing of the document. The biggest winners of this historic event must be the people of the two Koreas. There is peace in sight and possibly a reunification in the not too distant future. Many past issues and hostilities would be history as Kim vowed to start on a clean slate, no more historical baggages.
The cynics, and as Trump put it, the ‘haters and losers’ would be sulking. The spoilers would be cursing and swearing that this agreement was made possible and signed by Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un.
History is in the making and the likelihood of a Trump visit to Pyongyang and a similar visit by Kim to Washington are on the card. Trump was in good spirit, forgetting the dreaded meetings he had a couple of days ago with the G7 in Canada. He had good words for Kim, and every comment coming from him was positive, fantastic, better than expected.
Who would believe that this could be possible when a few weeks ago both were hurling insults and threats against each other? A face to face meeting and personal contact changed everything. Both men have built up a rapport and liking for each other that was spontaneous.
Yes it happened in the Capella, in Sentosa, in Singapore. This is a beautiful story with a beautiful ending. With Trump in charge, everything is unpredictable and possible. Trump and Kim were too happy men. Trump had never been so happy since he last won his election to be the President of the USA.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahathir - Blame the stupids on major projects with China
Mahathir is crying out loud like he used to be without any real basis but his gut feel, or because he chose to depend on his own lack of intellect to understand anything more than politics. In economics, science, engineering, or even in business and finance, this man is completely lost, out of his comfort zone.

He is blaming China for all the projects signed by Najib as unfair. How were they unfair? Is Mahathir saying or confirming that all the ministers and civil servants involved in negotiating and signing projects with China were all stupid, unthinking, uneducated, unqualified dumb asses, that they did not know that the projects and agreements were unfair? And only Mahathir knew that these projects were unfair because he thought so without even reading them or understanding them? Perhaps his main thesis in the Malay Dilemma is true, or he still believes that the bumiputras are really stupid. How could these leaders and senior civil servants be so stooopid to sign projects and agreements that were unfair to Malaysia without anyone point a gun at their heads?

If indeed the projects and agreements were really unfair to Malaysia, then those signatories and leaders who approved them must be really stupid. In that case they must all be prosecuted and sent to jail for their stupidity. This is a good ground to jail the stupids for signing unfair agreements and approving unfair projects.

The saddest part of it all is that the new people he is sending to renegotiate the contracts for a fairer agreements would likely to be just as stupid and the new agreements signed would still be unfair to Malaysia, at least in the eyes of Mahathir other than for China to build the projects for free. Why is this so? Mahathir should know better. How can an education system produce intelligent people and not stupid people when admission criteria is not based on merit and academic grades?

Mahathir should jolly well take the blame himself as the leaders of Malaysia today were the products of his past education policies. Remember GIGO in computer lingo? In education system, if you put in rubbish, out will come rubbish.

How many of you really believe in Mahathir that all those people that signed 'unfair' agreements were really so stoooopid that they did not know that the agreements were unfair or they did not know they were stupid?

China should simply ignore Mahathir and say it is ok to cancel all the contracts, just pay compensation as provided in the agreements like Singapore, and cut off Malaysia from the BRI.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Mahathir know what is unfair agreement?
The agreements signed between Malaysia and China or Malaysia and Singapore were signed on a willing buyer willing seller basis. Did anyone point a gun at the head of the signatories? Did the signatories sign under coercion?
The treaties China signed with the Brits and Portuguese after the Opium War to give up sovereignty of Hong Kong and Macao were unfair treaties signed under coercion, unwillingly by China. No country would willingly sign such treaties against the interests of their countries. Despite the one sided treaties, China abided by them, honoured them as international agreements between two states even if they were unequal treaties. China could have kicked out the Portuguese and Brits long before the treaties expired, but did not do so, as they were treaties, international agreements signed between two govts.
Another example of unfair agreements is the McMahon Line drawn by an angmoh thief coming all the way from Europe. He simply put his pen to decide which part of the land belonged to China and which part belonged to the British Empire, arbitrarily without consulting China. And India is basing on this arrogant angmoh twit’s pen to claim that those land drawn by him as part of the British Empire now belongs to India.
Today Mahathir simply uttered that the agreements signed between Malaysia and China and Singapore were unfair and this gives him the right to renegotiate. He did not know how much harm he did to his country for being unreliable and untrustworthy, for not abiding by agreements signed by his govts. Who would want to sign agreements with a country that would turn around to dishonor the agreements at their whims and fancy? Maybe this is the key reason why he returned from Japan empty handed. He cannot be trusted!
Mahathir must not think that only he can be unreasonable and bickering against legally signed agreements. Singapore is standing very firm on the HSR and Water Agreements. Singapore would hold Malaysia to these agreements and would take Malaysia to the international courts if needed. Mahathir don’t pray pray with Singapore. Khaw Boon Wan has fired the first shot. Vivian Balakrishnan continued with the second shot. Two can play the game. It is not a one sided thing, that only Mahathir can shoot at anyone and think he could get away with it.
There is international law to govern the actions and behavior of recalcitrant leaders that try to ignore the rule of law. And Singapore is one big country that would stand very firm on the rule of law or outlaws. Mahathir is not the law and not beyond reproach when international agreements are concerned.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysia heading for big big trouble
With Mahathir returning to rule Malaysia and the nonsense he is spouting, the projects he is tearing apart, Malaysia is going to face more troubles than expected. But what Mahathir is going to do to harm Malaysia is nothing if he knows the deck of cards in his hand.

Look at the USA and what Donald Trump is doing or undoing to the treaties, agreements, ties and alliances built over the decades of the American Empire. Get the clue? Donald Trump is a greenhorn in politics, no experience in running a country! And he is leading America to self destruct in the name of making America great again. He just does not know what he is doing. Running a business empire is totally different from running a country. You need people with experience running a country to run a country, or at least some experience in running a town council to start with to run a country. Trump did not have any of these experiences to fall back on.

In Malaysia, only two persons have experience in running a country, in Mahathir and Lim Eng Guan. Mahathir ironically is the only one of two experienced politicians that have the required experience to run a country. The rest of the ministers and MPs are 'bodoh' or ignoramous, in Singapore's definition, with no experience in running a govt. Definitely they have no experience in even running town councils.

See, how can the Malaysian govt ever think of running the country well when nearly all the ministers and MPs have kosong experience to do so? They will be eaten up by the very experienced Singapore ministers and MPs, all very well trained, from being apprentices to being managers of town councils.

I would recommend that Mahathir send his ministers and MPs to Singapore to understudy the experienced politicians here and learn from them on how to run a govt efficiently. There are many tricks they could learn from the Singapore politicians, like how to raise taxes indiscriminately, oops, I mean cleverly, with clever excuses until the people willingly pay and would not protest. The Malaysian govt can be very rich by increasing the water fees giving the same reasons as Singapore gave to the people, to teach them the value of strategic assets. 3c can sell $1. Or the equally clever sugar tax. Heard of that? Malaysia would have all the money to pay for all the infrastructures with these taxes. No need to delay the HSR and all the mega projects. There is another big area that the Malaysian ministers and MPs can learn from Singapore, the people's nest eggs in the EPF. That is a pot of gold waiting to be harvest. If they still did not know what I mean, just think insurance schemes for the people, to help the people, for the good of the people. The trick is 'compulsory'.

There are really many many good things that the Malaysian greenhorn no experience ministers and MPs can learn from Singapore. And all of them would become instant knows all of everything, become super talent. Oops, they may also ask for million dollar salary to keep them from being corrupt. And Malaysia will be corruption free. Sui boh? Mahathir better work fast to send them here for training before they failed badly and ruin the country before the next election. Talking about election, they can also learn from their experienced Singapore counterparts on how to win and win elections despite all the controversial policies and taxes and fee hikes. See, experienced politicians can do a lot of things and get away with it with no protest or uprising from the people.

Knowing that Mahathir has his pride, he will definitely not want to send his ministers and MPs to learn from Singapore and Malaysia will surely get into big big trouble. How can people with no experience in running a town councils or govt be allowed to run a country? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

PS. Maybe for a start Singapore can lend them a few of our top ministers to raise taxes and introduce insurance schemes using the EPF funds.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Asean Meeting held in Singapore
The three day Asean Foreign Ministers Meeting and Summit with the big powers just ended. The happiest man was Vivian Balakrishnan. He was so pleased with how the meetings went that he announced in the press briefing that this was the best and least quarrelsome meeting Asean ever conducted in recent years. The big powers bickering and fighting were left to themselves to fight with Asean remaining on the sideline as non participants, absolutely neutral, and Singapore being a small country, played the role of an honest broker, not taking sides, not acting as proxy for any big powers.

Why was it that the last few Asean meetings were so hot, so aggressive and unfriendly and so heated? Anyone wants to give the answer?

Asean was set up by the founding fathers to be a neutral organisation of South East Asian countries. That was the key principle of Asean. But in recent years, not this recent meeting, Asean meetings were like a boxing match for he big powers with Asean countries taking sides and some Asean countries arrogantly stood up as proxies for the big powers. Asean neutrality was like a ghost of the past, forgotten. The proxies were so proud to play their role to provoke and agitate for the big power masters, taking sides and firing at other big powers, acting like braggarts and hooligans.

This recent meeting is a big change. The little proxies somehow did not do what they did best, behaving like barking dogs of big powers. This time they meekly stood on the side lines. Without these monkeys jumping up and down at the biddings of the big powers, the big powers could not do much. They could not go yelling around like the little monkeys used to do. See, big men knew that behaving badly is bad. So they let the little monkeys to do such silly things, and some silly monkeys really loved their roles, punching above their weights, to punch at big powers.

They punched and punched until they kena blue black instead of the big powers. So they wise up this time, and play low key. So the meeting became more proper for serious discussions with a little bit of chest thumping but not going too wild. Instead of mischievous rhetoric, many things were done and achieved in this meeting.

Let's hope future Asean Meetings would be just as polite and respectful without the little monkeys jumping all over the place. As long as Asean remains neutral it is easy to take a common position and he big powers would have no leverage to stir shit and turn Asean Meetings into a circus for their private agenda.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysia beats S Korea 2-1 without foreigners
Malaysia under 23 team beat South Korea 2-1 in an Asian Games match in Bandung. How did they do it, being ranked 114 against defending Asian champion South Korea? They must have brought in a lot of foreign talents and a foreign coach. If not, if they could not afford to pay for foreigners, there is no way they can beat the top team of Asia.

The horror, they have no foreign players in their team. All local boys and a local coach by the name of Ong Kim Swee. Maybe the name Kim Swee did the trick. Go find another Kim Swee to be coach or player, never mind. Kim Swee will be the winner. No need to waste money on foreigners.

After playing football for so many years, after hiring so many angmohs to play and to coach and the results showed, getting from bad to worse, is it not high time to put on the thinking cap, to look at local talents instead of waiting for an angmoh to pull a rabbit out of a hat? When is the colonisation of the mind by the West going to cease? Angmoh tua kee, locals, oops, it is very bad to use the word 'local', must use the taboo word 'Singaporeans' no good ya? Only traitors to Singaporeans would use the word 'local' to betray the interests of Singaporeans.

What is happening to our local, oops again, I mean Singapore football and football players after spending so much money on foreigners?

Read the following two extracts on the Malaysian under 23's achievement.

'BANDUNG: Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-min came on as a second-half substitute but it was not enough to prevent South Korea from slipping to a shock 1-2 defeat to Malaysia at the Asian Games on Friday (Aug 17).

A brace from Johor Darul Taz’im forward Safawi Rasid was enough to see Ong Kim Swee’s men take the three points as South Korea failed to build on their opening 6-0 win over Bahrain.' Channel News Asia

'Malaysia recorded the biggest shock of this year's Asian Games football tournament when they stunned four-time champions South Korea 2-1 at the Jalak Harupat Stadium in Soreang, Indonesia last night.

In doing so, Harimau Muda have qualified for the round of 16 of the Under-23 tournament - they beat Kyrgyzstan 3-1 on Wednesday - as they lead Group E on six points.

Johor Darul Takzim starlet Safawi Rasid was the hero with a first-half brace in the fifth and 45th minute, while Singapore-born Dominic Tan also impressed in defence.

South Korea might have underestimated Ong Kim Swee's team by resting World Cup goalkeeper Jo Hyeon-woo and Tottenham forward Son Heung-min, whose hopes of avoiding national service enlistment rests on his team delivering the Asian Games gold medal.' ST online
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahathir visiting China – The truths will be told
Mahathir will be spending 5 days in China to set a new path for relations between the two countries. In his meeting with Xi, many agreements are likely to be signed to promote trade and development. This is Mahathir’s Durian Diplomacy when durian is going to play a key role in a new phase of China Malaysia relations, eclipsing the shadowy relations with the USA. Even before his trip, Mahathir has already disclosed the American meddling to block Chinese investments in Malaysia and paying Malaysia a sum of more than US$20m to achieve that. What? The Americans meddling, manipulating and coercing Malaysia to go against China? How can, the Americans are such peaceful and nice people, never do that, if you ask the Gang of 4 in little Red Dot. They will be fuming mad and accusing you, oops, accusing Mahathir of spreading fake news.
Mahathir’s trip to China would reveal many truths that China and the world would want to know. Top on the list would be the disappearing of MH370. The families of the victims are asking to meet Mahathir and Mahathir would be happy to see them and tell them the truth. This is a rare opportunity that only the divine could help, in the removal of Najib, and allowing Mahathir to unravel the dark secrets of this disgusting and dreaded episode involving the lives of 293 innocent people on board. The MH370 saga happened in Najib’s watch and many things were kept under wrap. You can be very sure Najib knew many things about the disappearance of MH370, including what Abbott told him and how and why Abbott got to know in the distant corner of the world. Mahathir would have all this privilege information now and would be very pleased to tell Xi about it and about the wicked people behind it.
The other interesting saga is the assassination of Kim Jong Nam. The truth would be kept in the dark for a long time if Najib would still be in charge. It just so happened that Mahathir must come into the picture and to allow the truth to be told. Who killed Kim Jong Nam would now have a better chance to be unveiled. The two women involved would be made to tell the truth and spill the beans. The evil doers would no longer be able to hide under political patronage.
The invisible hand of the unknown is powerful. Man thinks they can do evil and go unpunished. In both cases, all the conspiracies would be no conspiracies any more. Mahathir would be greatly rewarded for telling the truth and both Malaysia and China would benefit greatly from this trip. Mahathir would not return empty handed like holding a basket of MOUs that are worth nothing. China would be generous and big projects and agreements would be signed, for sure more durians and other Malaysian produce would be heading to China and all the major projects in Malaysia would get Mahathir’s blessing.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johore royalty - A people’s sultan
In todayonline it was reported that the Johore Crown Prince Tunku Ismail Ibrahim announced that the royal family would be building really affordable housing for the rakyat. This one the pricing is really affordable, not those you know smell like a rat type. A three-bedroom, two-bathroom landed house would be priced below RM200,000 (S$66,270) and as low as RM70,000. The royal family is replying to the cries by the rakyat that property prices are skyrocketing and becoming unaffordable. If you still wonder what is a caring and people’s sultan of govt, look no further. This is it, no trickery, no fake news, no ‘blufferlogy’. This is how sincere the royal family is about caring for its people, no lip service like understanding their plight. They just do it, with their own money, NOT OPM.
‘ “The project will be under the auspices of the Sultan Ibrahim Foundation — an effort by the Johor Royal Family to ease the burden of the people,” the Johor crown prince said in a statement on his official Facebook page.
He said the housing project is non-profit and will include amenities like a multi-purpose hall, a park, shops and a motel that will also be built and funded by himself and his father, the Sultan of Johor, Sultan Ibrahim Iskandar.’ Today Paper
The Johore royal family would be donating 60.7 hectares of their own land to build 1,000 houses in every district across the state. How about that? Can anyone beat that? No bullshit! This kind of leadership would command the respect of the rakyat without saying further. And the cheap housing would be offered to all races with allocation also for the non bumi minorities.
Next time you hear any politician talking about caring for the people, use this as a yardstick to measure his sincerity to help the people, to care for the people.
PS. Do not believe in anyone saying he is going to help you and then take/use your money ‘to help you’.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahathir waves his magic wan and saves RM3 billion
This is a feat no economists or finance ministers can do, not even the US Treasury. What did Mahathir do to save so much money for Malaysia in so short a time? He cancelled 3 mega projects, building high speed trains and ports that he deemed are useless projects that would not benefit Malaysia. Now with such a great achievement, the Malaysian govt would have more money to proceed on his pet projects and the hot favourite is the very important and beneficial crooked bridge. This bridge is going to be his star and his legacy that was struck down by the two previous PMs as nonsensical, building a very expensive bridge to replace the efficient and low maintenance causeway.
His next big project is his Proton Saga, a moribund car that was going no where after several decades of production. Nothing in the car was made in Malaysia except maybe the rubber mat and the tyres. Now that the company has been literally sold and put an end to his legacy, he needs another car to keep his legacy alive. His dream of a Malaysian car is still alive. But how much of this car is going to be made in Malaysia? How about starting to build a car engine or buy one from another car manufacturer? A good suggestion would be to buy over the engine that Habibie built for his defunct locally built aircraft. I am presuming that the Indonesians built that engine and not bought from somewhere and only designed the body of the aircraft.
How much of a national car if the main engine of the car is not made in Malaysia? What is the point of building a national car that is anything but national or domestically produced and built? Did they build anything in the first Proton Saga that Malaysia can claim as made in Malaysia?
I remember there is another pet project mooted by Mahathir, the bridge to Sumatra, Indonesia. This may cost less than the 3 mega projects he cancelled and probably would have better economic value. And now that he has the money, this bridge idea could be revived.
Malaysia needs some big infrastructure projects to keep the economy going. Maybe Mahathir could buy over the factory building trains in KL. With the high speed train projects cancelled, there is now no reason for China to keep this factory operating in Malaysia. There is no demand for its trains. When the Japanese take over the high speed train projects, they would be using Japanese trains. Mahathir may be able to buy the Chinese train plant on the cheap, at a steep discount, fire sale. The price could be very attractive, and it can become a national project, Made in Malaysia trains, just the rolling stocks, without the rest of the rails and rail system. This is a factory ready for a takeover as the owners would be planning to close down its operation in Malaysia.
There are many possibilities for Mahathir given the money he created from his great savings by cancelling the mega projects.
Singapore ministers can learn a lot from Mahathir in how to save public fund and not thinking of wasting on mega projects
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When speaking the truth is spreading fake news

When Najib was in power, no one dare to question the truth about 1MDB and Altantuya's murder. Anyone saying otherwise would be charged, prosecuted or threatened by the law and likely to end up behind bars. Najib had his courts and judges and prosecutors lined up to take on anyone who dare to challenge his truth. With his power gone, every Najib truth is now being overturned by the new power in Mahathir. Mahathir is going to dig to the bottom of all the cases that were unquestionable truths.

Muhammed Ibrahim, the ex Bank Negara governor is being questioned by anti graft agency probing the 1MDB case. They are trying to follow the money trail of RM2 billion from land sales that were transferred to the Finance Ministry to service IMDB’s debt obligations. It looks like the ex governor knows a lot of things that the graft agency or Mahathir wants to know.
The big question is how involved was the ex governor in the money trail and his roles, if there is any, that are connected with the on goings of 1MDB. As the money involved in the 1MDB case is big, only very senior people would be entrusted to handle such money, to transfer them or to place them with interested parties.
Assuming that the ex governor had a hand in the case, just assuming, and if Mahathir makes an offer to remove him from the hook, would he then squeal and let everything out, like who he met, spoke to and the transactions involved? Someone in this web that is central to processes like Jho Low or the Goldman Sach officers that are players in the case may be offered amnesty or pardon to tell the truth. If none is prepared to talk, it would be a tough case to crack.
Once someone decides to save his skin, many names would be thrown up and many people could be embarrassed or even charged as part of the conspiracy. Those people involved better pray hard that none of the senior people involved is willing to take the pardon offer. Given so many people involved, the truth is just a matter of days away.
Hope no name from this side of the Causeway is mentioned. Knowing Mahathir, he is going to make sure that no stone is left unturned.

More worms would start crawling when Mahathir is done with this ex governor and other top govt officials or even within the top UMNO echelon of gangsters.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat and his half truths
After the new govt came into power in Malaysia, Mahathir was seen removing all the curbs on freedom of the press disguised as controlling fake news and half truths. Malaysia is the new beacon of truth, not fake news and half truths with lesser control of the media. Or is it because of this freedom of speech or the media that more fake news and half truths would be the talk of the town?
In thenewpaper I saw this article ‘Dr M: M’sians don’t want to work, expect handouts’. As I read more of what Mahathir was saying I could believe that these were the truths but more of half truths that bordered on fake news. I will quote a few of his comments and see if you guys can tell whether it is fake news or half truth, starting from the title of the article above.
‘Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad warned that Malaysia would soon be overtaken by its oorer neighbours because its people exect handouts rather than to work hard.’ Truth or half truth?
‘In Malaysia, people don’t want to work because the govt gives them money.’ Truth or half truth?
The Malaysian govt decided not to ratify the International Convention on the elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination(ICERD) ‘because the govt was aware that the people did not agree with the ratification’. Truth or half truth?
‘I deny that we made the decision to not ratify the ICERD because of politics, or because we were worried that we would lose support in the upcoming Rantau by election.’ Truth or half truth?
How many truths and half truths are there in the above quotes?
M’sian PM says his country will be overtaken by Vietnam soon. I must agree that this is a truth, a few of the truth among the many half truths he spoke. And here is another truth, ‘Even some of our own (ruling coalition Pakatan Harapan) MPs were not in favour of it.’
Many govts like to blame social media and bloggers for telling fake news and half truths. What about the half truths above, if any, that were spoken by a PM? Does it mean that the govt can speak half truth and the social media cannot?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> World Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: