Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Gems of Parliament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ministerial statements for discussion
Minister Masagos: Singaporeans become very wealthy in record time.
Minister Ong Ye Kung: The poor should help themselves.
I happen to see the above two statements in thestatestimesreview and find them very interesting as they would draw a lot of views from Singaporeans. Let me start with Masagoes. Which group of Singaporeans was he referring to that became very wealthy in record time. Not me of course, and not many Singaporeans that I know.
And in the article he asked those Singaporeans who got very rich to contribute to charity. I like that. Now those Singaporeans that got very wealthy and very fast, please be charitable, don’t be shy, just contribute some of your riches to help the needy Singaporeans. I like his targeted approach instead of those charity shows where they expect the poor working class Singaporeans to dig deep into their empty pockets to donate. How about Masagoes and his very rich millionaire ministers start the ball rolling?
And Ong Ye Kung’s comment that the poor should help themselves. I fully agree, if only the poor could write their own pay cheques to help themselves with OPM. Instead, their CPF savings are helped ‘to help themselves’ into buying insurance schemes that they did not ask for, maybe no need for, and they could not help themselves to say no. And some are still trying to help themselves with more of the poor Singaporeans’ CPF savings ‘to help’ the poor Singaporeans to help themselves until they don’t have enough for retirement.
Some may interpret this help themselves as asking the poor to work harder. I believe many are working very hard, to be taxi drivers, security guards and cleaners. But in such professions, no matter how hard they try, they are unlikely to make enough to pay for the high cost of living here.
Like that how ah?
What are your views?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: