Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Just a reminder to infidelity!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*elle*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Are You Qualified? Reply with quote

rb how do you qualify to speak on a subject that you know little about. Aren't you celibate?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, elle,

I am curious as to when I have given you the wrong impression. I am still a healthy normal male bean. Wink

That should qualify me to talk a little about the subject. If not, just read a couple of books and one will be an expert in no time.

Nah, I think we should not indulge in such indiscretion in this forum. Let those who are interested in marriage and sex have their own blogs and forum elsewhere.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to make quick and easy money

I mean how to make quick and easy money from Singaporeans. It is a piece of cake. Just sign up with a foreign party, form a company, create a beautiful catalogue of prime housing in a foreign shore, the best is Bintan and Batam. Then sell them to Singaporeans.

In the process of selling, build a few units as show houses to lure more Singaporeans in and put in more deposits. Then when enough is collected, just fold up and disappear, with the money of course.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subsidised patients demand for same standard

A letter by Lee Sze Teck to Today in a way demanded that subsidised patients must received the same standard of treatment. This is how foolish Singaporeans have become. Doesn't he know that a little tipping can get one ahead of a queue? Did he know that you pay for good service and better quality of service?

The case was over sick leave and hospitalisation leave. The former is normally 14 days paid leave and the latter can continued to be paid on sick leave up to 6 months. And the patient wanted the doctor to change the sick leave to hospitalisation leave.

The reply by the hospital is less than satisfactory. Either the patient deserved sick leave or hospitalisation must be dependent on the medical condition. To say that a subsidised patient cannot make any request for such a change is distasteful.

But that is a different issue. Subsidised patients cannot expect the same quality of medical care as one who paid more. That is a brutal fact of life that they must accept. What they can expect is decent quality medical care. They are not going to get the most expensive and best doctor to attend to them. They are not going to get the most expensive medicine available for free or at a heavily subsidised price. They are not going to get all the frills and thrills that money can buy.

Subsidised patients are there to be treated just for his/her medical condition with due medical care and attention by a qualified doctor or professional. Yes, they cannot demand or choose who should treat them. They want that, they must pay for it.

They think this is a communist country where all men are equal? Stupid Singaporeans.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge payrise for the Civil Servants

The Civil Servants, especially the lower ones, are going to get their just rewards. Average 8.6% and better ones 14-17%. Of course this pay rise, in percentage form, should go all the way to the top, I think. It is quite a sum at $1 million level.

Two reasons were given, competitive environment and demand for better quality of services. The former is quite true. As for better quality of services, I have my doubts. If we compare dollar by dollar paid, we should be the best governed country in the whole world. And if quality is measured in monetary terms, our quality must be hundreds of times better than our neighbours and even better than the USA or Japan.

Are we getting better quality policies and decisions or are we learning from the lesser paid countries and depending on them to teach us to do better?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money in the decision making process

Why are Singaporeans so sceptical about the CPF and the annuity schemes to think that the govt is after their money? Is this perception fair?

And now we have Singaporeans thinking that the public transport system and the ERPs are all there for the same purpose, to get more money from the Singaporeans instead of solving the transportation problem.

Everyone now is thinking the same kind of thought. Can we blame them?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy talks on radio

The msm reported that Mediacorp Radio has been fined $5000 when DJs Glenn Ong and Mark van Cuylenburg talked about sex in the morning. To be precise, it was done between 7am and 8am.

What they discussed was whether men and women should make noise during sex and whether noisy men turned women off. A few hours just after bed, they may be reliving their encounters and needing some affirmation that they are doing the right things.

And it is good sex education for school children on their way to schools. They will have heightened awareness of what sex is all about and would have a lot of questions to ask their sex education teachers.

Mediacorp should take the opportunity to have a radio channel devoted to sexy talks since it is so popular and they have enthusiatic DJs to anchor the programme. It will be a really hot and steamy channel. And more money will roll in from the advertisers. From the hotels in Geylang as well.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop that tour

The tour industry is eyeing the silver hair generation for more business. They are seeing this group of Singaporeans as a goldmine. But before the silver hair go and plonk their money into tour packages, they should carefully consider the little money they are left with for their old age and big hospital bills akan datang.

Base on all the current computations, many of them would not have enough to live till 80, and they are going to live to 100 years. Better not squander away those precious little savings.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tooth and fiction of Singapore

More and more people are coming forward pleading for help and assistance. They cannot feed themselves anymore. A can of cheap China produced luncheon meat used to cost $1.30. It is now $2.50, and out of stock. A plate or rice or noodle used to cost $3 but now $3.50 or more. A loaf of bread costing $1.80 is now more than $2.

How could the people afford this kind of prices when they live on $290 pm? But what do they expect? Eat in restaurant?

But of course this is fictional Singapore. They are just cooked up stories of hard luck Singaporeans. Just someone's imaginations to create a negative impression of this paradise on earth.

The true Singapore, he paid $435 million for a condo! Now that is more real. Another bought a 5rm HDB flat for more than $730,000, all for a good sea view. A family is paying $5,000 just for rental alone, and no sweat at all. Another was paying $10,000 but saved $2,000 by moving to the lower floor.

And a supervisor with 5 young children could smoke a pack of cigarettes costing $10 daily. And can afford to pay $100 for mobile phone bill for only one of the children.

What about me? I can't afford to smoke, or I don't smoke. And my mobile phone bill is a consistent $14 pm, hardly exceeded and used for business and personal matters. And I feel very tight in my pocket.

Which is fiction, which is tooth?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawyers touting?

Lawyers were fined for touting or soliciting for business. And I think many businesses are also affected by such archaic practices. Why can't a professional offers his services at the best rate that he can offer? Should we liberalise all the practices and allow the free market to regulate businesses?

There shall be minimum rules governing business and commercial practices as long as fair and ethical practices are adopted. There shall be transparency and a level playing field.

Cartels, monopolies and protectionism shall be removed and made illegal.

We need free trade and free entreprises to bring out the best in business and individual enterprise.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to commission a statue

We can add another attraction to the Singapore tourist scene. Let's erect a statue for the Most Well Paid Worker In the World and turn it into a tourist attraction.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Political differences surfacing

“In a political system in which exit management is practised with a handshake, a smile and a tacit understanding not to talk publicly about departures, Mr Dhanabalan's candour was unusual.

“But don't expect others who have left or were forced to quit to come out of the woodwork.

”The fear of how robustly the other side will tell its story, and the Singapore culture of not going against the establishment will weigh against others going down Mr. Dhanabalan's route.

The above was extracted from www.littlespeck.com.

I think all the skeletons will be brought out to air one day.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to feel generous and splurge

We all have a good year. Everything is looking so well, big pay rises and big bonuses. Time to give ourselves and our loved ones a treat. There is that expensive limited edition watch to pick up. Hmmm, a bit pricey but, what the heck!

There is also the chocolate that costs $10 a bite, the abalone that may be even more chewy at $50 a chew. Ahh, the favourite bottle of red, $300, or $30 for a mouth wash. There are just too many good things in life that we should reward ourselves with for working so hard.

And don't forget the little men and women sitting on the road sides or pedestrian mall. Spare them a couple of dollars as you pass by. Why am I feeling so guilty for doing that?
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah lau, $5000 to produce legal papers

It is reported that 'the lawyers usually gets at least $5000 for doing the insurance paperwork.' Imagine handling 10 car accident claims a day, that is a cool $50k! No wonder the touting lawyers are willing to offer between $600 to $1000 for each case referred.

Anything wrong? Why shouldn't lawyers be allowed to solicit for business? Aren't they also known as solicitors? Is soliciting such a bad word?

What is needed is to make the business transparent and upfront, just like the way we curb corruption. Make all the fees transparent and allow the lawyers to solicit as often as they need, with all the terms and conditions set up. The law society can defined all the regulations they need to protect the profession.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Christmas wish

As I was day dreaming. And this is Christmas, a time for giving and charity, then I started to imagine what I would do if I am given a $1m increment for the rest of my life!

Would it be too much or too generous for me to donate my first $1m increment to the unfortunate? Afterall I still stand to gain that extra $1m for a life time. And especially so when I may be doing nothing useful or productive.

I am only dreaming of becoming a generous man with other people's money. Still more generous than taking other people's money and not giving a little away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 2 of 42

Jump to: