Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
GE 2020
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: GE 2020 Reply with quote

Things to ponder in this GE
Be Serious to take Action:
September 13, 2019 at 4:49 pm (Quote)
Where is this PAPi leading us to?
Why are we suffering like that?
Why must we be sharing away our lands to so many others? For what purpose?
Did the PM promised to make things affordable and look into the problems?
Where is this PAPi leading us into?
We do not need scholars to plans and dig into our accounts and deplete our savings?
What concrete benefits are the CECA signing?
What benefits to us for giving away billions of tax payers money to foreign students, almost 1 million a day?
Are we happier under the PAPi?
Why do we need this PAPi?
Where are we heading? What are we doing?
Deny 2/3, otherwise this country will be flooding with 10M displacing own children future.
We need to take serious action to tell them to stop it.
Print this out and bring it to the ballot box. Read this again and ask yourself, before you volt.

The above is posted as a comment in TRE to an article posted by a supervisor with a $3k income, wife doing part time job and may be losing her job, parents and a child to take care of. The supervisor was asking is the govt doing enough to lower the cost of living.

What do you think?

Here are some suggestions for the supervisor to overcome his financial drags. Be a patriotic citizen, like Trump told his bankrupt farmers, get his parents to clean tables in the food court, good income and good exercise, healthy living and no need to be a financial burden, financially independent. Forget about having a maid. Also, his daughter can stop school at O level or earlier. You do not need to get a degree to become a hawker or to become a taxi or bus driver. Can start work earlier as a food delivery girl using an Escooter. QED

Last edited by redbean on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDP pre GE Rally at Hong Lim - 19 Oct, Sat 4-8pm
Shake it Up, this is the title of SDP's rally this Saturday at Hong Lim Park from 4pm to 8pm. SDP's big wigs Chee Soon Juan, Paul Tambyah would definitely be the main speakers. There is no details on who are the speakers, would there be any guest speakers from other parties, it did not say. As the title says, SDP is going to raise all the issues affecting the people and to shake it up in Hong Lim Park.

I know the resident Chee Soon Juan hater here would not have anything good to say knowing how he reacted every time the name Chee Soon Juan is mentioned or not mentioned. This is exactly how the Pavlov dog reacted, conditioned to react at the sound of a bell, without knowing why. It has become second narure.

The other notable instinctive reflex actor is non other than Matilah Singapura. He reacts to more than just one name. Mention Kim Jong Un or Xi Jinping and he would instantly go crazy. He did not why, just reacting like Pavlov's dog, like the abovementioned reacting to Chee Soon Juan.

It is so sad that so many people could be so easily programmed by western media to react the way they wanted, unthinkingly, not knowingly. This is another confirmation on how powerful the media can be when it keeps repeating a few key lines and after some time this would sink into the unthinking's psyche, like MacDonald is good. Kentucky Fried Chicken is finger licking good.

These people did not know Chee Soon Juan or Kim Jong Un or Xi Jinping personally. But they have this deep seated hatred for them. Unbelievable. Ask them why, they could not explain except maybe faintly remembering reading the bad things about these people in the media, the propagators of fake news and misinformation.

Of course they would deny that this is the case. They would get very angry if you tell them so. But regardless of what, just press the button and they would jump and scream their heads off.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Workers Party guilty of breaching fiduciary duty as elected MPs
I take this piece of shit, oops, news as something that is expected. Nothing unusual or spectacular. This is Singapore, remember. It is good that the 3 top WP exco members and elected MPs take it in their stride, knowing that this is inevitable. Now the good news and the bad news.

The bad news is that the 3 WP MPs would be disqualified from the next GE, as sure as the sun shall rise. Everyone sees this coming. The bad news, they would lose a big chunk of their income from being MPs, maybe coughing out every cent they earned in their whole MP career. They are lucky if they did not end up behind bars. I am not saying they are guilty or deserving of this punishment. I reserve my comments like many people and the WP supporters living in AHTC. You don't have to second guess what is in their minds.

The good news, it is time that WP has a new breed of young leaders with fresh ideas to continue with the fight. The good news, the die hard WP supporters and those that cannot stomach injustice would be pushed to take a stand in the next GE on who they should vote. The good news is that the support for WP is likely to grow stronger despite this set back. The good news is that WP can start afresh, to join a coalition instead of going it alone, a strategy that has proven to be short sighted, naive and disastrous.

In the bigger picture, the good news is that the likelihood of a stronger opposition coalition would be much enhanced. The stupidity of going alone and trying to pretend to be nice boys and girls, to be accepted and allowed to exist is obvious. Chiam See Tong was allowed to be in that position because he was just one man, tolerable and useful in his own sense but totally ineffective and irrelevant. It has been proven beyond doubt that a bigger than one man opposition is just unacceptable and must be destroyed at all costs.

Would this event shine some light into the dusty dark corners of the minds of opposition leaders that this is not just a game to be played for fun once every four years, to get some silly publicity and to be forgotten after a GE? Or would this be enough to wake them up and decide to close ranks now that the old school thinking of trying to be good boys and girls is debunked? There is no such things as being nice and would be left alone to do a good job. Get it?

We would have to see if this fiasco would be the turning point in Singapore politics, the last bridge and there is no turning back, no silly personality and ego fights anymore. To fight to win, it is time to unite and close ranks or to be the same as before, run around like silly bull arse flies during the GE all for nothing, just hot air.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin City infested with wildlife with the unspoken consent of Singaporeans
SINGAPORE — Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam has commented on the incident in a Whampoa area condominium where a resident was caught on camera hurling vulgarities at a security officer working there, saying that it was an example of “a sense of entitlement”.

In a viral video, the resident quarrels with security officers after they tell him that his guests, who arrive in a car at Eight Riversuites condominium, have to pay a parking fee. The incident took place on Saturday (26 October), a day before the Deepavali holiday.

“I buy the f**king property for $1.5 million, you know...Tell the management f**k off...We are not staying in an HDB,” the resident shouted at a security officer, telling him that his guests were visiting him for Deepavali. Two security officers can be heard trying to calm down the resident and telling him that they are enforcing the rules.

Tharman said in a Facebook post on Sunday night, “What this resident did and said was wrong - at so many levels. It is these examples of modern-day bigotry and a sense of entitlement that the light of Deepavali seeks to dispel.” Reported in Yahoo News

Below are some comments on the same incident I plucked from TRE.

True Blue S'POREAN:
October 29, 2019 at 3:29 pm (Quote)
Why didn’t our Million $ Ministers & HSK read the CECA CAREFULLY before signing it?
Our Singaporean CSI Sleuths has manage to expose the Board of Directors at JP Morgan Chase Spore Office are all Indian FTs.
Can MoM bring this matter up to JP Morgan Chase US HeadQuarters and ask them how come there are NO Singaporean Directors appointed in their Singapore Office?

Asd:
October 29, 2019 at 2:10 am (Quote)
You voted for it so shut up didnt you read the manifesto before you vote?

I can only add this, get rid of CECA. And you can only get rid of CECA if you vote wisely, to benefit you, your children and Singaporeans. You cannot afford to keep quiet on this matter anymore. The wildlife are not here just to steal your job, your lunch, but also your country.

The GE is around the corner. Would the stupidity has no cure Singaporean double confirm that they are really stupid beyond any hope, even willing to give away their island home to foreigners without a fight?

Do you want more wildlife in your home country? If not, get rid of CECA.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about Covid19 - GE is more important
Given the current situation, Mr Lee said Singapore has two choices – to hold elections after things stabilise or to call elections early.
“We have two choices. Either hope and pray that things will stabilise before the end of the term so that we can hold elections under more normal circumstances – but we have no certainty of that,” he wrote.
“Or else call elections early, knowing that we are going into a hurricane, to elect a new government with a fresh mandate and a full term ahead of it, which can work with Singaporeans on the critical tasks at hand.” CNA

I think we should go for early election. Who cares about Covid19? Who cares about big gatherings of people, and need for social distancing? And better still, no need to attend election rally as there will be no crowds. Who is so stupid to want to risk being infected attending election rallies? OK, OK, TV time will be allocated to the parties standing for election. The more candidates a party has, the more TV time will be given, very fair. Long time practice, cannot be wrong.

I think the govt will come up with many anti Covid19 regulations to make the election is safe like social distancing and sanitation. For one, very likely no political rallies, or maybe limited to 100 attendance and people attending rallies must be standing 2 metres apart, with face masks on.

The next most dangerous place would be the polling stations. The long queue of voters would have to be managed, like 2 metre distancing. So the election could be held over two days because this would slow down the process and the queue will be very very long. The pen or pencil in the polling booths would have to be sanitised after every voter used it. Perhaps all voters are encouraged to bring in their own pens to be safe. Or better still, free pen for every voter to take home. Nice, like free chicken rice. And don't forget to disinfect the voting booth after every voter walks in.

There are many things to do to keep the voting station clean and free of Covid19 virus. Temperature taking would be compulsory and people with a temperature cannot vote, go home immediately.

I am not sure how effective would these measures be. While every govt is asking people to stay home, to avoid crowds, an election is doing the opposite. Don't blame me if there is a big surge of infected cases after the election. Don't make me responsible for it. I did not make the decision to have a GE amid the Covid19 crisis. I merely said the politically correct thing. And there is a very good reason for an early GE. We need to have a govt in place to tackle this virus crisis which is going to last a long time. No one can argue against this reason. Clever.

What do you think? Is it a wise thing or stupid thing to have a GE now? SDP called it the height of stupidity. Some may call it the cleverest thing to do. Can wait for another 6 months?
redbean

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covid19 will change the world and the domestic politics of Singapore
The most remarkable thing about this Covid19 is to show the world what an air head Donald Trump is and how he and his team fumble and stumble along in this pandemic, wasting precious time doing nothing useful and confirm their idiocy by becoming the worse hit country in the world, leading by a huge margin on every count, more than a million infected cases and still counting and more than 64,000 death. These are numbers that would make everyone's mouth gapping wide in awe.

While the world, including the USA were given ample notice of this virus outbreak, starting with China informing WHO on 31 Dec 19 and giving the world the virus genome in early January 20, the USA, the leading power in the world, stood still, doing nothing about it other than sneering at the information and treating it lightly like a hoax. When China informed the world, the Americans must be telling themselves it must be a joke as the number of cases were hardly anything worthy of taking notice. It was a Chinese domestic epidemic at worse or China crying wolf to cause fear in the world.

The USA missed the opportunity to show world leadership, to treat the epidemic that eventually a pandemic, to coordinate a joint effort to deal with this crisis. More than two months were wasted and now the USA stood up like a sore thumb, glowing red and swollen beyond recognition and the only thing it could do, or thought the wisest thing, is to look for scapegoats for its own blunders.

The Americans have shown the world its inability to lead and its inability to rise up to tackle a crisis like this covid19. Everything that happened in the USA, in its response to control and contain this problem is at best ludicrous.

The Americans have done absolutely nothing for any country in this whole pandemic. Nothing, zero, zilch. Oops, they did a lot in stirring shit, sowing discords, blaming others, trying to start a fight, demonishing China in every opportunity until they forgot that their homeland is under attack and on fire. Oh, they also indulged in modern day piracy. The whole world is watching how reckless, irresponsible and evil the Americans are.

On the other hand, China seized the bull by the horns, took swift and tough actions to lockdown and contain the problem from spreading all over China. If China had reacted like the Americans, the numbers would be quite frightening given its huge population and at a time when every Chinese was returning home for a family reunion. The infected rate and death toll would be unimaginable.

After putting this epidemic under control, China quietly went about helping every country with medical supplies, medical aid, expertise and medical personnel in the best way it could. Many countries were very grateful to what the Chinese were doing but the ugly and mischievous Americans, instead of fighting this crisis in their homeland, had the luxury to politicise the pandemic and to smear China with all the negativities for everything China was doing to help the affected countries.

While China stood out as a silent benefactor to many countries, the Americans did nothing other than bahaving like pirates, stealing medical supplies from its allies for their own selfish use. Between the two superpowers, one was doing its best to help, the other was uttering rubbish and spreading its negative and destructive energy that were anything but being helpful. Covid19 has shown the world the ugliness of an inept and notorious shit stirrer in the Americans, no positive contribution except hot air and mishandling the crisis back home, leading to more American death in two months than the death of Americans in the 20 year Vietnam war.

Covid19 has shown the declining fortune of a has been Empire, hapless and clueless as to what this pandemic was all about but still has the energy to sow discord and ferment suspicion among countries. This is exactly what a dying Empire in its last days is supposed to behave, making empty noises but doing nothing useful, incapable to doing anything useful in a crisis and still bragging about how well it has done to deal with this pandemic, in helping other countries. Which country did the Americans helped?

Where were you Americans, when your presence was sorely needed to lead the world in this world pandemic? The world post Covid19 will bade farewell to the dying American Empire and good riddance. China will quietly do what it has to do and quietly taken over the role of world leader when the dust settles. The lack of positive leadership in the Americans is all there for the world to see, totally clueless and with a congenital liar clown in charge. What a disappointment.

How would this Covid19 put the PAP leadership in the eyes of the Singaporeans? They were put to test in a crucial time when they were planning for an early GE after throwing out a series of goodies and thinking of reaping the rewards they were expecting. Now the GE is also in doubt, maybe a non starter. Would the PAP leadership pour accolades on themselves like Trump and his team for a job well done and go ahead with the GE? What is their own assessment of their performance, and what is the assessment of the Singaporeans?

If they is a GE, it will be a referendum on the ability of the PAP in tackling this crisis. Good or bad, it will be reflected in the results. PAP will be judged by the people for sure.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another new political party called Red Dot United
In a virtual press conference on 29 May 2020, political veterans Ravi Philemon and Michelle Lee announced the formation of a new political party - Red Dot United. Ravi Philemon and Michelle Lee shared the goals for their party, and explained the need for another credible voice in Singapore's political landscape.

Instead of joining existing parties, Red Dot United was created because there is distinct space in Singapore's political landscape for their party to bring new perspectives, ideas and methods. There is also a need for a party to keep asking hard questions and to seek solutions. With Red Dot United, Singaporeans will therefore have another good choice to consider for future elections.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/ravi-philemon-and-michelle-lee-form-political-party-red-dot-united

This is another piece of good news for Singaporeans and for democracy. In democracy, the most important element is the right to vote, the freedom to choose your own representative to Parliament. Right to vote is number one, whether the person one voted goes to Parliament is secondary. It would be good if he goes to Parliament, a bonus. If not, never mind, just feel good that one has the right and chance to vote.

Singaporeans are so lucky, with so many choices of political parties and people standing for election. And so many voices to be heard, inside and outside of Parliament. This is an exemplary form of democracy. The best on earth.We should tell the world we are number one in number of political parties per 100,000 people.

I think we, all of us in this blog, can also form a political party called Redbeans United.

Our mission should be talking cock about Singapore and International Affairs. We would also be offering an alternative voice to be heard. The voters also would have another choice to vote for a new party and its candidates. The Singaporeans would be very thankful to have another new political party and more political rallies to attend.

I would encourage all the members of political parties that are not happy with their parties for whatever reasons to resign and form new parties. The more the merrier. And they can all become little Indian chiefs and maybe by a stroke of luck or accident, they can also become millionaire ministers and PM. The thought of it is so intoxicating, like day dreaming, building castles in the air. Pure entertainment. Better than viagra.

What do you think?
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE 2020 - Clear the deck, clear the swamp, clear the dead woods
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Tuesday (Jun 23) he has called General Election 2020 to "clear the decks" for a fresh mandate for the Government.... he has advised President Halimah Yacob to dissolve Parliament and issue the Writ of Election.

An election now will give the new Government a fresh five-year mandate to focus on the national agenda and the difficult decisions it will have to make, the Prime Minister said. ...

Nomination Day will be on Jun 30. Polling Day will be on Jul 10, a Friday, the Elections Department said, adding that Polling Day in any General Election is a public holiday.

Singapore made a big mistake in the last GE. Would Singaporeans make amends and clear the deck this time, clear the dead woods, and bring in a new team, a new govt to look into some very frightening and existential issues like keeping the island for Singaporeans, not foreigners now called new citizens and coming in in big numbers, like creating more good jobs for Singaporeans instead of good jobs for foreigners, security guards and taxi driver jobs for Singaporeans, like giving our fresh graduates a chance to land a job instead of giving jobs to fresh foreign graduates with funny degrees or fake degrees from God knows where and no need to verify, like giving jobs to people who can do the jobs, never mind got degree or no degree, like blindly going to bring in more foreign talons without conditions, without qualifications on what is foreign talents and what is not and what jobs that Singaporeans can do and no need to give to foreign talons.

This GE must be a redefining moment for the daft Singaporeans, the zombies that did not know that their little precious island has been taken over by foreigners, with more than a couple of millions of them here, almost making Singaporeans a minority and many driven to joblessness, premature retirement, under employment and serving, ferrying or working for foreigners with half past six degrees, funny degrees and fake degrees that should not be employed at all. Nobody cares to verify the numbers of cheats and fakes working here and stealing the jobs and lunches of Singaporeans who paid a fortune to earn their degrees from world best universities but found unemployable.

What the hell is going on? Would Singaporeans make this GE count and turn their fortune and misery around? Yes, clear the deck, clear the swamp, clear the dead woods, clear those that do not think it is important to attend parliament sitting, or sleeping in Parliament. Being a people's representative is not a part time job with a big part time allowance that most full time jobs cannot match.

Time to take back our country before we lose it.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hsien Yang joins Progress Singapore Party
Foto credit to CNA

This is a frightening pic of Hsien Yang in PSP T-shirt with Cheng Bock appearing in a hawker centre somewhere in Tanjong Pagar as reported in CNA. The report also raised the question whether Hsien Yang would stand in the GE and his reply was that it would be made known at the appropriate time.

I called this pic frightening because wherever Hsien Yang is going to stand, his chances of winning is very high. And if he stands in Tanjong Pagar, his father's stronghold, he cannot be defeated. Now where would PAP put Chan Chun Sing if this is the case? He has to be bundled out to some safe constituency if there is one, or his second in line premiership dream is going to crash prematurely. I don't think he would dare to face Hsien Yang head on. And this would apply to any other top ministers or lesser ministers as well. Facing Hsien Yang is like facing doomsday.

Like it or not Hsien Yang is a heavy weight of the opposition camp and is good enough to take on any minister and win. As to the question of whether he is standing, just ask this question. As a man, if his wife and son are under seiged, can he stand idly by and do nothing? The situation demands him to stand up to defend his family, his loved ones. There is no other way out for him. Doing nothing is not acceptable. Just throwing some money to support the opposition camp is barely enough.

Someone is going to wet his pants. Oops, a few not one, as Hsien Yang is going to helm a GRC team. This is really unbelieveable. In the past it was a PAP minister helming a GRC to give weight and win. Now the opposition camp has a heavy weight to helm a GRC and win against the PAP.

Can you believe that? I am wondering who would dare to throw shit at Hsien Yang and think he could get away with it. Hsien Yang is the game changer in opposition politics.

And there is Cheng Bock in the West Coast GRC, his home base where he built his political career. His supporters are there waiting for him. PSP is good for two GRCs helmed by Cheng Bock and Hsien Yang. The time has come for the opposition camp to make a dent in the PAP armour and to walk into Parliament in force.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opposition Parties, Intractable, stubborn, selfish, inflexible - No More
The sun rises from the West. The inconceiveable has happened to the opposition parties in Singapore. The days of being intractable, stubborn, selfish, inflexible, not negotiable are over. The days when every opposition party was thinking only of itself, refuse to cooperate, negotiate, refuse to butt when contesting in the GE and stubbornly engaging in now win 3 corner or 4 corner fights are looking like history if what were happening in the last few days are going to be the new ethos of the day.

Kenneth Jeyeratnam of Reform Party has graciously concede the West Coast GRC to Tan Cheng Bock's Progress Singapore Party, a GRC Reform Party had fought for several GEs. This was unthinkable a few days ago but it happened. And People's Power Party has given way to Reform Party in the single seat Radin Mas constituency to avoid a 3 corner fight. Can anyone believe this is happening in the opposition camp?

If this is the trend going forward, there could be more amiable settlement and lesser 3 corner fights in this GE and puts the opposition camp in better light. In past GE, the inflexible and recalcitrant stand of the opposition camp were a joke, making them looking so silly fighting a no win GE with 3 and 4 corner fights when a straight 1 to 1 fight was already a lost cause. It made the voters wondered what the hell was going on, why contest when it was sure lose with weak opposition candidates engaging in 3 corner fights against the incumbent PAP.

Let's hope this new trend will be the order of the day. Let's hope no silly loser party would still insist on 3 corner fights to guarantee losing the contest and even their deposit money. There is hope and optimism with these two announcements. There is an awakening, the scale in front of the eyes have been removed and the opposition parties are now able to see more clearly and to put themselves in a better position, a more credible position, to contest this GE.

Another positive news is that Jee Say has dissolved his Singapore First Party so as not to dilute the opposition camp. With Ang Yong Guan in the camp of PSP, maybe more of Singapore First members would follow suit to strengthen the PSP.

But be prepared, be sure that there would still be some clowns surfacing to spoil the broth, for obvious reasons...clowns are clowns.

No more heroes or prima donnas in the opposition camp. Every party must be flexible and be willing to do some horse trading to give themselves a better chance to challenge the incumbent party and to replace them. The voters too would have more confidence when they see the opposition parties are serious and are acting seriously and rightly and strategically to want to represent them and to win the election.

May the force of goodness be with the opposition camp. When the opposition camp can get their acts together, it will shake the earth and send fear to the ruling party. No more easy walkovers because of stupid infighting among the opposition camps.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netizens call for Ho Ching to join politics after Lee Hsien Yang joins the PSP
Netizens call for Ho Ching to join politics after Lee Hsien Yang joins the PSP

After typing the above I feel that something is not right leh. But I just can't figure out why. Below is the opening paragraph and the last paragraph of the article in theindependent.sg.

'After Lee Hsien Yang, the brother of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, joined Dr Tan Cheng Bock’s Progress Singapore Party (PSP), netizens called for Ho Ching to join the political scene as well.

Dr Tan announced the younger Mr Lee’s membership on Wednesday morning (Jun 24) after having breakfast with him at Tiong Bahru Market.

“I have great pleasure in giving this (Progress Singapore Party) membership card to Lee Hsien Yang,” said Dr Tan, adding that Mr Lee joined “some time ago, but we couldn’t communicate this”....

In the comments on social media, netizens called for Ho Ching, the Chief Executive Officer of Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd and PM Lee’s wife, to join politics as well.'

Here are the calls by netizens as quoted from www.theindependent.sg.
Did anyone smell a rat? What is wrong with this article in

The comments by netizens unable to post here but available at www.mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg.

theindependent.sg? Was there a call for Ho Ching to join politics? Two questions. what is the agenda of this article? Is the author so stupid and cannot tell the difference on who is who's wife?

With the consistent choice of posting awful and unpleasing, unpalatable pictures of opposition candidates in theindependent.sg, and this kind of article, I am getting suspicious. The foxy tail is showing.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE2020 - The myth of foreign talents
Singapore does not owe any foreigner a living. Singapore does not have to provide jobs for the unemployed of other countries. The responsibility of the Singapore govt is first towards Singaporeans, providing every Singaporean with good jobs and a decent standard of living. Any govt that thinks it is their responsibility to provide jobs for foreigners is not pro Singaporeans and does not deserve to be voted to form the govt. Our govt does not have to solve the unemployment problems of other countries at the expense of Singaporeans.

How many jobs are there that really need to be filled by foreigners that Singaporeans cannot fill them? As I said many times, many jobs in Singapore are nothing like selling chicken rice to Singaporeans. The market is domestic, the consumers are Singaporeans. You do not need international experience or exposure or foreign talents for these jobs. At a glance, many jobs in the administrative area, like HR, admin, PR, sales, bank managers, research analysts, transport operators, postal services, do not need foreigners to do a better job. They are local in nature and there is no difference for one Singaporean to be competing with another Singaporean. What is the point of having a foreigner to compete against a Singapore in a local business with local consumers?

There are some jobs, highly technical and highly specialised that an organisation may not be able to find the expertise locally. They are some jobs that are international in nature, competing in the international market for business when international experience and exposure are not only useful but necessary. Such jobs could be better served with some foreign talents but not all. If all such jobs must need foreigners, then what is the point of having a Singapore work force, having citizens?

Having said that, all those jobs that can be done by Singaporeans must be reserved for Singaporeans first. The govt owes it to the people, the citizens. Offering such jobs that can be done by Singaporeans to foreigners is selling out the interests of Singaporeans and is traitorous. Charity begins at home.

There are a few hundred thousand such jobs that are now given to foreigners. This is unacceptable. Who is responsible for such irresponsible policy of giving jobs to foreigners and leaving Singaporeans unemployed or under employed? It is a very depressing and painful experience for Singaporeans not able to find jobs in Singapore when there are a few hundred thousand foreigners working here happily in jobs that Singaporeans can do. It is terribly demoralising and humiliating to hear of foreigners, fresh graduates, half past six qualifications, fake degrees, funny degrees, to walk in and land a job here within days while our own citizens can be banging their heads for months and years and cannot land a decent job. What the hell is going? Doesn't anyone know that this is wrong and unacceptable?

If the govt is really pro Singaporean, make it a point that HR jobs must go to Singaporeans. Employment agencies must be run by Singaporeans. There is a need for a little protectionism, a bit of Singaporean first. Even the USA is doing so. Singapore is the silly copycat that everything the USA does, Singapore will follow. Let's follow this American First policy by having a Singaporean First policy for Singaporeans. Your American masters cannot fault you for doing that. They have started it.

The GE must all be about Singaporean First. The govt has for the last two decades been moving towards foreigners first resulting in millions of foreigners here and taking away many good jobs from Singaporeans. Any joker still screaming about hiring foreigners and not taking care of Singaporeans should be voted out. And taking care of Singaporeans is not training the highly qualified to lower paying jobs while opening the door widely to foreigners.

This must be the message for all political parties to be talking about, top in their agenda. Singapore is for Singaporeans. Do not sell out the interests of Singaporeans to foreigners. That is treason!

The main agenda for GE2020 must be Singaporean First. Do not let this be distracted. Do not let rogue leaders to set a different agenda against the interests of Singaporeans. The need to hire foreigners as needed talents must be clearly defined with clear criteria and conditions, not a blank cheque. We have too many wildlife and foreign shits here being called foreign talents when they were either cheats, fakes or unemployable in their countries. And many came from bullshit universities that are no better than degree mills. And we called them talents. And don't listen to idiots that said can work ok oredy, no need degrees. What a load of rubbish. This is a crime against our own citizens.

Would Singaporeans want to vote for a party that hires foreigners to replace them, make their children unemployable, at the mercy of foreign HR staff who preferred to bring in foreigners from their villages? Do you think the MOM should be sacked for allowing this to go on and on for years? Vote for the party that puts Singaporeans interests first instead of foreigners. If a govt does not think it is its responsibility to uplift the life of its citizens, it must be voted out.

PS. Most if not all the jobs in the ministries, stats boards and GLCs do not need foreigners and should be reserved for Singaporeans. In Malaysia, they are reserved for bumiputras. Why is the Singapore govt giving such jobs to foreigners and not to Singaporeans and leaving many Singaporeans crying for jobs?

I am very sad and disappointed to have to write about this. It pains me to see our PMETs and our young graduates suffering and struggling to find a decent job in our own country, and at the mercy of foreigners and our very own people favouring foreigners. Is this still a nation of people or a hotel without owners? If we don't stop this trend, we are doomed as a people and a nation. We have misplaced priority! We have lost our way.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE2020 - Lee Hsien Yang not in the race
The biggest thing that everyone was watching for in this GE is the election of Lee Hsien Yang into Parliament. Lee Hsien Yang is the stimulus so badly needed for a dramatic change in the political arena. Unfortunately he was not in the list of nomination for the GE.

Though Cheng Bock has made his present felt, there is just so much Cheng Bock can do as an individual, a solitary figure taking on the PAP political machinery. He needed a few heavy weights, I mean really heavy weights, to take on the PAP. Not many are in this category to really move the people and make big changes to the political system and force the PAP to tread more carefully unlike before. A Hsien Yang would have made the difference. Alas, it is not to be.

So what can the people that are unhappy with the PAP, with its policies that many viewed as anti Singaporeans and pro foreigners, do in this GE? Nothing much really. Nothing really very much. There would be the possibility of one more GRC, ie West Coast led by Cheng Bock, to join WP's Hougang Aljunied GRC in Parliament if the Hougang Aljunid voters have not been swayed to change sides. PAP's weak team there also gives hope that PAP too think Hougang Aljunid is a gone case and not putting much hope in it. Any more GRCs would be mere accidents. So not much to hope for.

Would there be accidents happening in Holland Bukit Timah with Jee Say rejoining the SDP team to fight Vivian one more time? Would Lim Tean be able to attract enough votes on his own strength, his commanding oratory skills to make his day? He could not ask for more with Josephine Teo struggling under the pressure of unemployment, fake and funny foreign talents and Covid infections in the dormitories and tasked to lead the Jalan Besar team. Would the absence of Halimah in Marsiling Yew Tee opens up a gap for Benjamin Pwee's team under SDP to make a breakthrough? Would Gan Kim Yong be weakened and made to pay a heavy price for the surge in Covid19 cases and all the problems in the hospitals and allow PSP's newcomers led by Francis Yuen, an SAF scholar, to crash through? Nicole Seah is not going to make much of an impact in a fairly weak team and in the wrong place, against the PM to be Heng Swee Kiat's team. Bad strategy is all I can say, wasting a trump card in a losing corner. She could have added strength to a team with a higher chance of winning, but not against Heng Swee Kiat, I think. The happiest guy and team must be Chan Chun Sing and the Tanjong Pagar team for not having to meet Hsien Yang wearing PSP logo. If there is going to be an earth shaking moment in the GE2020 election, it must be Hsien Yang bungling Chan Chun Sing and the PAP Tanjong Pagar team out of Parliament. Well, it is game over in Tanjong Pagar.

In the single wards contest there looks like some possibility of a few opposition candidates making it through the gate. Highly watched would be Paul Tambyah. Chee Soon Juan may be given another chance given the bad publicity and performance of Muralli in Bukit Batok. The voters there have seen how he performed and may abandon him for the never say die Chee. There are some far fetch chances for Ang Yong Guan and a few others. The smartest move this time is Goh Meng Seng for taking on Ting Pei Ling, a pretty shaky MP, still looking very young and fresh.

At the end of the GE PAP is going to be the next govt again for sure and at most with a few of its MPs and ministers missing the boat. The West Coast team is going to sweat a bit more and feeling very uneasy for now. Everything will remain fairly unchanged. More foreign talents, more changes to CPF rules, more taxes, more fare and fee hikes, more of everything that Singaporeans know best after every GE. Cry also no tears.

This GE is likely to be another non event. The only little hope is for a big ground shift given all the bad policies that the people are very unhappy about, the influx of foreigners to steal the Singaporeans lunch, Singaporeans unable to get good jobs, CPF like no longer Singaporeans money but money owed to the govt and the govt is collecting it relentlessly at all cost no matter how old a person is, no time limit, no age limit, etc etc. If there is such a big shift and the voters would vote for anything as long as it is not PAP, then all hell will break lose. This, unfortunately is yet to be the case, at least not proven till after the GE.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE 2020 - A new fear in the lives of Singaporeans
Ex-SAF Chief Medical Officer Surya Kumar’s threat against RSM Bryant Wong was for the latter to “watch your 6″.

That is a phrase that military people know well, especially those in the air force.

It can be used in any (civilian, normal life) situation. It simply means, watch your back because something unexpected – invariably negative, dangerous, violent, unexpected – is going to happen TO YOU.

In this case of Surya Kumar, given the context of what has happened with Ivan Lim and RSM Bryant’s role in it, Surya Kumar’s threat is particularly troubling.

The authorities really should look into the threat.

Andrew Loh

Above is Andrew Loh's post on the latest threat by ex Colonel Surya Kumar against RSM Bryant Wong for exposing PAP candidate Ivan Lim's past. Telling someone to watch your back, implicating that something unpleasant is going to happen is surely not a nice thing to say. What can happen to Bryant Wong and who would be responsible for it? Now a police report has been made against this big shot ex colonel of the the SAF.

This reminds me of the threat against me sometime ago by an IB called Raymond in my blog. I too made a police report against him. This Raymond could also be a big shot from some organisation and thus dared to behave so arrogantly, like a gangster.

I told that Raymond that he better prayed that nothing would happen to me, if it does, then he would be held responsible for it. And this could be anything that could hurt me, be it an accident or in the case of RSM Bryant Wong, losing his job or maybe kena robbed or beaten on the way home.

Making such uncalled for threat is unacceptable in our so called rule of law state. Are these people gangsters or what? Or are they above the law and could make such threats against another citizen and acted as if nothing would happen to them, they are untouchable?

Now this colonel better pray that nothing untoward happened to Bryant Wong in the next few days or months. If it does, the fingers would be pointing to him for making this threat.

Never mind if the police would call him up or not. Pray that Bryant Wong is safe and sound. Bryant can put the blame on him for anything bad that happened to him. Don't pray pray.

In the past the fear of Singaporeans used to be Sue. Now there is another fear, threats or the legal people would call it criminal intimidation by powerful people or well connected people. A new fear in the scene.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GE - playing with numbers
In the political debate on CNA, several numbers were thrown up with the PAP using the 10m population red herring to attack Chee Soon Juan. The accusation is that Chee is 'attempting to mislead Singaporeans by claiming that the Govt planned to increase the country's population to 10 million, and further twisting facts when his falsehood was caught out'. And with this, SDP's integrity is now in question. Accepting that this is how politicians attacked each other and grabbing on any statement made to score a point, there are more to come in the campaigning and politiking for the next few days. Cheng Bock called this as political ploy. Some may call it papsmear or personal attack.

What did Chee said during the debate? Was he asserting that the Govt is planning a 10m population or was he asking Vivian if the Govt was planning for a 10m population? By the way, where did these numbers come from? Who originated these numbers? There is no smoke without fire. I thought I heard Chee asking Vivian to confirm if this is true. Those who watched this programme, please confirm my understanding. If Chee was asking Vivian to confirm, then what was so wrong about it? Cannot ask question meh? Cannot ask the Govt to confirm if it is or it is not meh? Asking a question like that also got integrity problem meh? Children in school better stop asking questions.

The question by Chee brought Vivian to give an affirmative answer that the Govt did not intend to go to 6.9m or 10m. In fact Vivian also said that the Govt did not set such a target. Anyway it would take time to reach 6.9m or 10m. Even if 6.9m is reached by 2030, no one is wiser. Many would be dead by then and no one would be around to settle the score. It is thus a moot point whether the Govt is working towards 6.9m, 10m or 20m. There were some educated clowns talking about 20m is a good target. Oops, cannot call them clowns. Apologies, educated professionals, experts are better descriptions of such people.

This whole issue is about whether the Govt is planning to grow the population to 6.9m, 10m or more. There is no time frame to it and the Govt can say anything. What is important is that Vivian has spoken on behalf of the Govt that it is not planning to do so to assure those who are against this idea. What if the Govt said before the GE there was no such plan but after GE there is?

Another interesting number that was quoted by Vivian was that 60,000 foreign PMETs have lost their jobs in the first 5 months of this year. I hope I did not hear this wrongly. Please correct me if I am wrong. I take this as a fact for the moment. If 60,000 foreign PMETs lost their jobs in the first 5 months of 2020, then how many Singaporeans PMETs would have lost their jobs in the same period? If the ratio is 1:1, then 60,000 Singaporean PMETs must have also lost their jobs, bringing the total to 120,000 in 5 months, ie 14,000 job losses per month. This is just a guess, it could be 1 Singapore PMET to 2 foreign PMETs or a different variation of this. What is the true number of Singaporean PMETs losing their jobs in the same period?

Take another ratio that was put up by Vivian. He said for every foreign PMET working here, there are 7 Singapore PMETs to match. If we use this ratio of 1:7 in a simplistic manner, for 60,000 foreign PMETs losing their jobs, then 420,000 Singaporean PMETs would have lost their jobs, ceteris pari bus. But this is not true definitely. But this 1:7 ratio could also lead to the estimate total number of PMET positions in Singapore. PSP used a number of 400,000 foreign PMETs here. So the number of Singaporean PMETs working must be 2.8m, giving a total population of PMETs at 3.2m. The number does not seem right. 3.2m is about the total working population of Singapore. Then how to account for the 2m or so non PMETs working here, ie the workers? Adding the two numbers together, it would mean the whole population of Singapore, young and old, Singaporeans and foreigners, must all be working.

It is easy to throw out numbers out of the blue and not many would have the full set of numbers in hand to dispute what is true or false. Anyway, if 60,000 foreign PMETs have lost their jobs, are they still here or gone home? Such a big number must have made its presence or absence felt. I don't feel a thing.

On the other hand, how many foreign PMETs were brought in during the last 20 years, with many converted to citizens and PRs. By the way, 60,000 foreign PMETs refers to what, locals, PRs or what? Without knowing the combination, it can be misleading when used in different situations. Are Singaporeans supposed to feel better knowing that 60,000 foreign PMETs have lost their jobs when there are still 340,000 working here, using the 400,000 number quoted by PSP? Or another 60,000 already brought in to replace them? I am just asking questions for discussion only ah, I am no asserting anything.

Then MOM is disputing the 100,000 Singaporean PMETs unemployed figure, coming out with a figure of 39,000 unemployed as at June last year. Trying to make sense or arguing with such numbers can be very tiring and misleading. The figures would only tell one part of the story at a particular time. What about those not counted, like retired after losing their jobs, or underemployed by taking up any job that came by? Using a static number like that is misleading too in many ways. No one is wiser and it is foolish to insist that one is right or wrong just by quoting a number.

What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: