Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
singapore, a city for 7-8 millions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relentless pursuit of population growth
Population grew from 5.3m to 5.47m in 12 months. The target for 6.9m, supposedly a planning parameter, will be reached in no time. Anyone still believes that it is only a planning parameter? The details of this ‘slow’ population growth are better left to Leong Sze Hian and his team to elaborate.
And like a programme reflex actions, all the horror stories are uttered, in fear, that there will be consequences of an economic slow down, of belt tightening, of labour squeeze. Did anyone say anything about the adverse consequences of 6.9m and an unceasing thirst for more population? The only people that said anything of this side of the coin were from the social media. The official view is that population growth is all goodness. Where got anything negative? You want growth with no bad consequences just add more population and you will have economic growth and growth.
Now, horrors of all horrors, the population is not growing as fast as desired, but still growing rapidly. Is there no goodness in a slowing down of the economic growth? Is there nothing good in slowing population growth? Everything is going to be bad? China is deliberately slowing its economic growth and the western soothsayers are all praying and saying see, China’s economy is crashing. But the Chinese know what is good for them and are engineering a slow down. And their economic growth is attained by real productivity growth and manufacturing growth, not by adding more and more people.
Why is it that there are no negative consequences in pumping growth by adding more people into a piece of rock? Why are there no benefits to a slowing down of population growth in a small red dot? Are the analysts and economists objective in their remarks and comments? Are they blind and can only see one side of the coin?
Are they real? Can they put up a balance report to reflect the other side of the coin? The people need responsible people to put up a balance picture of what is happening, and what is the real thing, what is good and bad for them.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger Zhang – Is he pro PAP or against PAP

To many of the netizens reading TRE they must be familiar with the name of this blogger called Roger Zhang. He claimed to be a foreign talent, a grassroot leader and intensely supportive of the Govt and the PAP policies. He is all praises and would argue and challenge netizens of a different view.

I have read some of his postings and comments and am having second thoughts as to the real person behind this Roger Zhang. Is he really pro PAP or indirectly saboing the PAP Govt?

It is true that he is always saying good things about the Govt and its policies, particularly those in favour of foreign talents that he claimed to be one. But if one is to read carefully what he is saying, without saying, his deliberate attempts to sound funny and silly, and his half past six English, one begins to wonder where is he coming from. Is he trying to tell the people that the quality of foreign talents is like what you see in him which is quite a joke really. He can’t be serious and can’t be a good poster boy for the Govt to wave at the people saying, this is the type of foreign talents we are bringing in to replace you.

I am really not sure. Perhaps you can read what he posted and make your own conclusion on this Roger Zhang and unmasked him to see who or what he really is. Below are a few samples of his writings. There are plenty more in TRE. The first is an article he wrote and the latter are two comments he made in TRE.

1. Stupid for Singaporeans to chase FTs out of S’pore
October 21st, 2014
Sporeans who chase FTs out are stupid because if the FTs go out & work for other countrys, those other countrys will become stronger & better than spore.
So in end, spore is the one suffer. How can spore compete with world if we got no foreign talent inside our economy?
That day IMF already warning our economy can suffer if we stop foreign talent coming in. SM Goh also say same. Actually is true foreigners here never take sporeans’ jobs. The jobs are not want by sporeans since they want high pay and easy job.
Companys can’t pay too high salary because they will become not competitive. I got read many books of economy, business invest & leaderships, there is only one person we can blame for so many foreigners work here inside sg: GLOBALISATIONS!
The world change & become smaller, so foreign talents from other countrys can easy enter our economy.
Roger Zhang

2. Roger Zhang:
October 21, 2014 at 6:03 am (Quote)
As grassroot people, the writer shd not anyhow pass rumors. Minister Chan is new, just only in politic 2011, so he need go visit all part of sg slowly, one grc this time and then another grc next time.
His purpose & agenda is meet more residents there, get deep understanding of residents’ problems & wishs, honest feed backs of policies & ideas how improve their lifes and living environments.
So woodland residents please pass the good news round, make sure residents aware Minister Chan going visit them. He still young and got alot future & opportunties infront him!
Woodland is happy place & got little complains since they got all the good facilities build there already. But if you all got hear any big unhappy complains of some residents, please don’t shy, just bring up for Minister Chan attentions. He already solve many problems bring to him when he visit other grc.
3. Roger Zhang:
October 21, 2014 at 6:36 pm (Quote)
This why I invite by my company here: CONTRIBUTE MY TALENT HERE.
Not only I contribute in my company, I also contribute in grassroot as VOLUNTEER without take any salary.
My wife who only a PR citizen (not a true blue sporean like I) also contribute in a spore’s famous school WITHOUT take any salary!
I & my wife also even help CCC organise cooking contest of residents for them taste other countrys’ foods so that true blue sporeans can integrate with foreigners here. Just only free help, we never take money from PA or gov.
So my talent is not only just doing job in company, I also got talent integrate our true blue sporeans & foreigners. This not easy. I last time from China & since China people are friendly, good temper, patiently & open mind kind people, we know how integrate with any foreigners anywhere. We come here just want help sg successful & compete other first world countrys.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A return to hard headed policies
Tan Chuan Jin is shaping up nicely in the mould of the first generation ministers, tough and an advocate of hard headed policies. He spoke his mind, like calling the protesters at Hong Lim Park heckling Special Needs Children as vile. Yesterday he spoke again for the need to make tough policies that are necessary to tackle challenges.
Chuan Jin referred particularly to the issue of foreign workers and talents in the country. He said, ‘some are calling for further tightening to protect Singaporeans and their jobs…But this “seemingly pro Singaporean” mindset is but a fallacy.’ How is that so? My guess, the call for tightening of immigrant workers here is actually against the interest of Singaporeans and is not pro Singaporean but anti Singaporean. And the influx of more foreign workers and talents policies are really pro Singaporean, not against Singaporeans. So these policies are the hard headed policies and should continue.
The little problem here is that the people did not see eye to eye with him and the govt. The people are seeing a few million foreigners here and all happily employed but Singaporeans are losing their jobs or under employed. Maybe this is also a fallacy. Maybe the people are really daft and did not know that these millions of foreigners are here for their own good. Read whichever way you like. Would be good if MOM could provide some statistics to show how this is the case.
What is the purpose of the MOM Jobs Bank? Nothing heard of it lately. It was created to help Singaporeans to get jobs, a pro Singaporean creation. How successful is this? Or has MOM found this to be irrelevant as the need for foreign talents and creating jobs for foreigners are more important as they will end up creating more jobs for Singaporeans, especially the PMEs who can now look forward to driving taxis after being retrenched or sacked? Without the demands for taxis by the foreign talents they may not even have the chance to drive taxis.
The Govt knows what is right and good for the people. That is why it is calling for more hard headed policies, like bringing in more foreigners to create more jobs for Singaporeans. This is the hard truth. Singaporeans must face up to the competition and not run away from competition. My suggestion is that if Singaporeans are not competitive here, they should venture out to India, China and neighbouring countries to compete and make themselves relevant in these countries. Tap on the privileges of free trade agreements like the great CECA to get jobs in India and China, and live there for a better quality of life, if they can’t find it here.
What do you think? I think the hard headed policies will triumph and Singaporeans that are uncompetitive only have themselves to blame. Got taxis to drive is better than nothing to do. Forget about the Jobs Bank. That is history, created at a time when the mind was weak. Singaporeans must open their arms to embrace more foreigners, like 6.9m. Singapore need tough leaders and hard headed policies to survive.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature Society wants Ubin to be gazetted as a nature reserve
‘A nature group has called for Pulau Ubin to be given the same level of protection as a nature reserve, given the concentration of rare and endangered wildlife found on the off shore island.’ This is reported in the Today paper on 19 Nov 14.
I can only say fat hope. We don’t even have enough land for 6.9m population, where got land for wildlife? The only kind of wildlife we are protecting are those rogue retailers in the shopping centres and the wild foreigners on bicycles in our roads.
Actually I am wrong to say that we don’t have enough land for 6.9m. Some experts claimed that we have land for 10m. I think we have enough land for 100m population. We are preparing to bring the world’s jobless population here because we don’t have enough babies for economic growth. After 6.9m, they will say we need more growth, and it will be 10m. After 10m, they will say need to have economic growth, and it will be 20m, and so on. 100m maybe just a planning number. It could go bigger.
Pulau Ubin, Tekong and all the southern islands would need to be filled, expanded, to prepare for 100m in the future. Where got the luxury of land for wildlife?
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desiring 10m pop is not a hunger pang
Liu Thai Ker ‘urges city planners to adopt a long term perspective to find solutions for the nation’s requirement to house the 10 million…“The voices that I hear from social circles, newspapers, is to look at limitations first. ‘We don’t have land, so how can we look at population?’ If that’s the case, would people say since we don’t have money, we don’t eat tonight? But eating is the priority.”
What a stupid analogy! Would one die from not having 10m pop? What kind of stupid comparison? Do we need 10m pop? Why is there an urge to want 10m pop? We know that 10m pop will come with 10m problems. Why do we want or desire to have 10m problems when we have a choice not to live with the problems?
Are we asking for trouble, desiring for more problems so that we can prepare for it? Do we have other options? 10m is not an irresistible sexpot that is a must have by lusty old men. 10m pop is an excruciating pain in the arse. It is not just about building more flats, more roads, more trains and car parks and infrastructure. It is about more electricity and power, more water, more schools, hospitals, more food, more mouths to feed, more jobs to create, more human problems, more social problems and diseases and more people to live and to die. The problem is compounded when all these factors work against one another and work together. There would be the race and religion problems, the rich and poor divide, the class struggles. The bigger the population, the more diverse and heterogenous the pop, the more complex and complicated things would be. And I am only scratching the surface of these known and many unknown problems.
A simple mind like an architect would not be able to perceive the consequences and permutations of the problems that would be created. Liu Thai Ker should not overrate himself that he has the solution and could see it all. He did not see the problems of 5m population today for sure. Even a multi disciplinary team of experts would not be able to tell with any accuracy what it would be like.
What is so sexy about having 10m pop that die die must have? For those thinking green, it is wasteful thoughts, consuming and wasting natural resources. What the fuck does one gain by building every square inch of land available to stuff more people into it? Is that progress? Is that necessary? Is that a life and death option? Why ask for trouble when there is no need for it?
The simple question, What for?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplicity mindset of a daft people
Coming hot behind the heels of Hsien Loong’s statement about building a Singapore for our people, our children and their children, there is this forum letter in the ST a few days ago by a Richard Thong Kok Mun with the title ‘It’s not about nationality, but hiring the right people’. In the article, the author shared his frustration talking to outsourced call centre operators with their unfamiliar accent and difficulties in understanding him. Short of some asses hurling racist remarks at him, he did make a point. A call centre is all about communication and all about the communicating in the interest of the clients. If the clients have problems with the operator, it is going to be a painful and unpleasant experience. There is nothing about being racist.
Richard Thong added in his last paragraph, ‘The question is not about which nationality is best suited for the service sector, but about hiring the right person for the job.’ He may be trying to avoid the accusation that he is being racist, so anyone will do regardless of nationality as long as he is good, talented and can do the job.
How would this relate to Hsien Loong’s statement about building a country for our children and grand children if we allow hiring according to ability or ‘talent’ to do the job regardless of nationality? Let me repeat myself, there are 6b people out there that can do the job better than any daft Sinkie and more willing to work with lesser pay. So how, get them all in and replace the daft Sinkies with these foreigners regardless of nationality? Then if all our children and grand children lose their jobs to the foreigners, is that ok?
Oh, I can solve this problem. Issue pink ICs to all the foreigners and make them Sinkies so our daft Sinkies cannot complain even if they are sacked and unemployed as the replacement are now Sinkies, not sure how to call them ‘our children or grand chidlren’. Do we need to reach a stage when the majority of the daft Sinkies are replaced by foreigners and be jobless before we wake up from this silly ‘meritocrazy’ and foreign talent shit, that it is ok to get rid of Sinkies and replace them with new citizens and foreigners?
How many times must this message be repeated before the daft Sinkies understand what they are in for? The whole country of 3m Sinkies can be easily replaced by the hoards of millions of hungry humanities waiting at our doors.
Still cannot get the picture? They are not just coming for your jobs, but your homes and your country if daft Sinkies foolishly bring them in unconditionally. So difficult to understand? So willing to be raped and be driven out of your own country? Sinkies are so happy to be replaced by foreigners. Taiwanese Lee Ao is right after all.
PS: Is MOM so insecure that it has to justify to the world that foreign workers are happy working here? There are millions waiting at the door wanting to come in. Repeat this after me please. The money is good. Those that are unhappy, simply send them home instead of allowing them to stay and create trouble or start another riot. There is no need to pander to the world. There is no need to feel inferior or insecure to the foreign CEOs and MNCs operating here. This is our country. Oops, this is a free for all hotel that belongs to everyone. I almost forget about this new status.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No where to RIP

10 million anyone? At 5.4m, we are already facing the crunch of a different kind. The would be residents going to move into Sengkang West’s BTO flats are getting nervous and furious. They are not going to live side by side to a, though someone proudly proclaimed a state of the art columbarium. It must be an offshoot of our smart cities. You would not need high tech computers with pre programmed timer for the lights to come on and off. The lights would be on and off anytime the residents in the columbarium desired.

Bukit Brown is going in a matter of time. Bidadari is history. How long would Chua Chu Kang remain in service? We are eating up the space used by the wild, the flora and the fauna, and the dead. And you know what, when we invade and take over their place, they are left with no choice but to live among us. And Sengkang is only the beginning. More columbaria would be built in housing estates, more hospices and nursing homes too. They need space just like the living.

Can you imagine what would it be like with 10m living people and the unceasing process of people needing places to RIP? Having columbaria at the edge of housing estate or inside housing estate is anything but peace. They would not find peace like in Bukit Brown or Chua Chu Kang. The living will be creating too much din to make it unbearable to them to rest in peace.

When planning for 10m living, think of the more than 10m gonna to be dead, the dying and the undead. Going home late at night may not be so lonely after all. Does anyone understand why they are protesting and demanding money back?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Goh Keng Swee resurrected
A forummer Edmund wrote this, (full article in TRE under the title, ‘Dr Goh did warn about dependence on FTs for growth.’)
‘Yes, Dr Goh did warn about Singapore’s dependence on FTs for growth way back in 1972. At the time, he was speaking in his personal capacity at a symposium.
He had previously discussed and sought the advice of his adviser, Dr Albert Winsemius. Their views were similar. So, Dr Goh felt that it was his duty as a Minister to air his views as a common citizen.
He warned that if Singapore was too obsessed with the rapid growth, this would result in a state where it would be out of control (not sustainable and probably irreversible).
Dr Goh asked then, “To be precise, at what point should we stop importing foreign workers and cease to encourage foreign entrepreneurs and capital to come into Singapore?”
“Because of our limited land area, industrial expansion together with population expansion that goes with it, will produce overcrowding to increasingly uncomfortable limits,” he added.
How prescient Dr Goh was in his prediction back in 1972. Some 40 years later, Singapore is exactly in the situation Dr Goh has described – “overcrowding to increasingly uncomfortable limits”…..’
Goh Keng Swee might not say anything about jumping out of his grave, but by revisiting what he said, his warning of the future, ie today and forward, is as good as him standing up to talk to the Singaporeans to heed his advice. What he said in 1972 is very relevant today and the seriousness of his thoughts about the consequences is there for all to see. Only fools will ignore his wisdom and that of Dr Winsemius. Our children will pay dearly for ignoring Dr Goh’s warning.
Yes, Dr Goh Keng Swee has stood up again. Ignore his words at your own peril. The problem is that his advice and warnings have been ignored for the last few decades and the problem is now so huge and intrinsic that it cannot be reolved. We will all have to live with this self inflicted problem. The only way to avoid the problem blowing up in our face is to kick it down the road. Keep inflating the population to have fictitious growth and ignore the consequences, don’t look at them, don’t talk about them.
The govts in the future will have to face this problem squarely and would have to take very drastic actions to save our country and future from an implosion.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When oil runs out in 40 years
This is what the experts said. The mineral oil reserves inside mother earth will run out in 40 years. When it happens, it will, you cannot run away from this date, anything that needs energy will kaput or will cost a bomb. In the next 40 years, some jokers wanted to stuff this island with 10m bodies, all hungry and consuming food and energy but not producing anything. Look around us, what are we producing, what is our economy doing? More shops and more shopping malls, more food courts and eating outlets. We are basically a nation that eats and consumes without producing them.
What will happen when oil runs out in 40 years if we have 10m bodies here? Yes, we can house them in smart homes, beautiful homes that depend on electricity and oil to function. Even the shops and food outlets need energy and oil or they will have to close down, as simple as that.
The desperadoes were thinking of nuclear energy until their brains got short circuited by Fukushima. You cannot live with a nuclear bomb under your bed. Nuclear energy is out of question now. Can we then hope for a cheap alternative source of energy that may not happen in 40 years while jokers continue to pump more bodies into this island and hoping for the best? The problem by then will be 10m in size, not 5m. Can we live with a 10m problem or do we want to live with a 10m problem when we can avoid it by stopping this crazy rush to the cliff?
What is the solution when oil runs out and you have 10m people to feed? They told you it can be done architecturally, but how to oil and lubricate the needs of 10m people?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From foreign students to PR to citizenship
Responding to Png Eng Huat’s query on the number of foreign students taking up PR and citizenship, Iswaran was reported to have said ‘that about 7,000 foreign students at the secondary and junior college levels became permanent residents between 2001 and last year on their own merits. Of the 7,000, about 840 of them or 12 per cent subsequently took up citizenship’
Let’s look at the numbers more intimately. In 14 years, from 2001 to 2014, 7000 students became PR and 840 took up citizenship. These mean that 500 students became PR and 60 took up citizenship yearly for the same period. Not every encouraging right?
Another question to ask, presuming that all of them were on govt scholarships, how many of them were here during these 14 years and how much were spent on them using taxpayers’ money. These numbers would help to work out how much it cost to get one PR or one citizen. Then maybe the number can be used to compare if it is better to use the money on our citizens to encourage them to produce more babies. Just give the money to every child that is born, that may be cheaper in the long run.
What do you thing? It would be interesting to know the absolute number of foreign students given scholarships under this scheme and how much were actually spent. The former would give a percentage on the success rate. Could it be 10%, or 20%?
PS. Based on the 12% taking up PR, total scholarships given would be 58,300 for the 14 years.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of Singapore do you want?
Someone is suggesting a 10m people island with everything futuristic, everything beautiful, like everything is free, filled with beautiful people unlike the type of people we have today. The future of Singapore is a city of young and vibrant Singaporeans, healthy, good looking, good smelling, forever young and will never grow old and will never die. And yes, everyone will be smart, no duds, no morons.
Or can there be another alternative, like a 3m population, with a lot of space for everyone without having to stress the little things, without having to squeeze oil from rocks, squeeze more out of everything, where life is more leisure than pressure, like living in a pressure cooker?
Is a 10m population the only way to go forward? And is a 10m population a static thing and all population growth ends at 10m? Is Singapore’s meaning of existence is to fill up this piece of rock with more and more people? And keeping the population at 3m means disaster, no growth, no progress, no good life and no anything?
Shall Singaporeans be happily looking forward to a futuristic city, living high in the sky and below under the earth? And such quality and stylish living will be free or how much will it cost to live in such a city? Will people like cleaners, security guards and taxi drivers be able to afford to live in such a fine city? What about the retirees with no income? Can they also afford to live in such high quality place?
Or would there be like dungeon like sewerage tunnels for those who cannot afford to live high up in the sky, or in good class bungalows on earth, on stylish caverns underground?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She’s practically asking for it? Do Singaporeans subscribe to rape myths?
'In 2017, the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) reported 32,559 rape cases, amounting to nearly 90 a day across the whole of India. This was 30.7 per cent more than the cases reported in 2012.
This and other cases have dubiously propelled the capital city New Delhi as the “rape capital” of the world.'
The above is quoted from a report in CNA on the rape situation in India. After the notorious rape, beating and killing of an Indian undergraduate, it was reported that the situation is barely changed, or the same after 7 years on the road back to normal. India has since earned the reputation of being the Rape City of the world.
This rape problem is a result of the mindset, that the girls deserve it, ask for it. With such an attitude among the men, even those in authority, the rape victims often ended as victims a second time in the hands of the police and authority for asking to be raped. The rape victims are to be blamed. The men rapists often got away scot free.
With the presence of several million foreigners here and many hundreds of thousands from the Rape City country, is Singapore also asking for it? The rare incidents of rape in Singapore is thus a strange phenomenon with their overwhelming presence. Is because the foreigners changed and became less rapists, or is it because rape is under reported? No one should try to shout that Singapore is turning into another rapist country as the crime data did not say so. The most prevalent crimes are the perverts taking underskirt pictures of women with their mobile phones.
The rape statistics in Singapore is saying that Singapore is still one of the safest place to live and rape is not a common problem. I have offered a possible reason in my past postings that Singapore has stumbled into a secret formula to stop rapists from their basic wild instinct. It is Newater, or shit water. This water is not available in other countries, not in Rape City country, only in Singapore. The clever statisticians and researchers may be able to put up a report with the finding in the correlation between drinking shit water and low rape cases. The more they drink the lower the desire for rape. This could turn not only into a new scientific discovery but also very good advertisement for Newater.
There is no other good reason to explain this extraordinary phenomenon that potential rapists have turned into law abiding decent men. A leopard does not change its spot, or does it? Or could there be other reasons, like Geylang or the huge presence of willing partners?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hsien Loong - "We are open, but this is our home."
"We have to bring this down in terms which individual Singaporeans can relate to, in terms of their lived experience – at work, in the community spaces, in the crowd which they meet, in that they feel that they are taken care of and in Singapore, this is a Singapore for Singaporeans," said Mr Lee.

"We are open, but this is our home."....

"Many companies which are breaking new ground, which are at the leading edge, are like that, and we want them," said Mr Lee.

"But when they come to Singapore, and they employ 40 per cent of Singaporeans, or even 60 per cent of Singaporeans, and you will see that many of your colleagues are not Singaporean. Your boss may not be Singaporean, certainly, your owner may have been a Chinese or Vietnamese or Thai or Indonesian start-up, then you will say, 'why is it here?'," said the prime minister. CNA

After so many years of silence and taking the Singaporeans for granted by flooding the island with foreigners and allowing foreigners to determine the fate of Singaporeans in employment with many now jobless or under employed, and with the opposition parties bringing this up as a major source of unhappiness, the govt is now trying to control the damage. Question is whether the damage has gone too far and too widespread that it is too late to do anything meaningful.

Based on the above comments that foreign companies are employing 40% or 60% foreigners and the rest Singaporeans, I think Singaporeans could accept this. The truth is that many foreign and local companies are filled with foreigners, some more than 80% and nothing is done about it.

The govt must act and not just use words to appease the badly affected Singaporeans. This is our home, our only home, and we must not lose it to foreigners under stupid schemes and excuses. Most Singaporeans would have no where to run, cannot afford to work overseas to earn cheap pay and cheap currencies.

So, is the stupid 6.9 million and more population policy still business as usual? Is Singapore going to be the home of foreigners called new citizens or new Singaporeans?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Singapore reconsider its reckless unrestrained policy of importing foreigners?
Novel coronavirus: Will the returning 30,000 Chinese workers become collateral damage in Singaporeans’ disenchantment with the government’s pro-foreigners policies?
Singapore, if and when orange turns into red, may face its first real test of nationhood. No amount of pseudo-Bicentennialism celebration can substitute for the coming challenge of community trust. Already some signs of panic buying and irresponsible behaviour have been showing. Medical swipes, thermometers and surgical masks are being hoarded amid a stream of fake news and mischievous online postings.
And there is this huge group of 30,000 work-pass holders from China due to come back to Singapore after the New Year break. They will be put on the mandatory 14 days leave of absence first. Do we sympathise with them as we would the people of Wuhan? Or shun them as collateral damage in Singaporeans’ overall disenchantment with the PAP government’s pro-foreigner policies?

The above is the concluding part of Tan Bah Bah's article appearing in theindependent.sg and his question on Singapore's unrestrained immigration policy to increase its population for economic growth numbers.

Without battling an eyelid I would safely answer that the unrestrained immigration policy will continue unperturbed. For growing of population is now the only game plan that this one trick pony has to keep the economy appearing to be growing. Without this, to keep a semblance of economic growth, the Singapore economy would go into negative territory and might even register a recession that it is trying so hard to avoid.

So how, with the risk of importing deadly contagious diseases getting higher with more wildlife from third world slum countries coming here? Fear not, and this is the unique reason why Singapore has no fear of such diseases. Deadly contagious diseases like SARS, swine fever, bird flu and this coronavirus would not come from dirty and filthy slum third world countries. Such diseases somehow have a special penchant to only attack China, a country that is hundreds of times cleaner and more hygienic than filthy third world slum countries.

So, maybe Singapore will tweat and fine tune its foreigner importing programme by not importing new migrants from China but from the rest of the filthy third world slum countries. Third world wildlife are cleaner and disease free. In this way no deadly and contagious diseases will find its way here. And this can be scientifically proven by using data to support this theory. So far all the deadly contagious diseases only came from China, not from third world slum countries. QED.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DORSCON Orange - Has Singapore jump the gun too soon?
KUCHING (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - The state government has instructed those in Sarawak who have been to Singapore to undergo 14 days of self-quarantine at home.
Deputy Chief Minister Amar Douglas Uggah said the decision takes effect on Monday (Feb 10) in view of Singapore's orange alert for the coronavirus outbreak that originated in Wuhan, China.
According to the island republic's Disease Outbreak Response System Condition or Dorscon, orange means the outbreak is deemed to have moderate to high public health impact.
Datuk Uggah said Sarawak was worried by the occurrence of coronavirus clusters in Singapore in a church, a health products shop and a hotel where a business conference was held. Sarawak News

The declaration of Code Orange for Dorscon is a very serious announcement on the threat of the coronavirus spreading in public areas. It is indirectly saying that Singapore is a dangerous place to be in. If this is true, then is it safe not to wear mask going around? What prompted Singapore to raise the alarm was the detection of a few cases of infection that were not linked to China tourists, suspecting that the virus is now in the air in Singapore. We have Grab driver and Cisco policeman being infected as well.

If these cases could not be traced to their sources, it could present a serious spread of the disease in Singapore. Hopefully the sources or links could be established to confirm that the virus is not free floating in Singapore air or in public areas.

The impact of Code Orange is taken very seriously by other countries as in the case of Sarawak imposing stricter measures against those who returned from Singapore. Let's hope that in the next few days the danger of free floating virus in Singapore is confirmed as not the case and the Orange code could be scaled down to Yellow to give some assurance that the risk level is not that high. The negative impact of Code Orange cannot be underestimated and must be handled with careful consideration.

The discovery that the two cases were linked to the China tourists in a church and the cluster identified and contained is a good sign that things are nothing getting out of control. With only two new cases a day in the last two days and hopefully the number will go down will give reasons to downgrade Dorscon to Yellow will be most welcome by our kiasi Singaporeans.

However, with the new DBS case, things look a bit tricky. Hope this person did not take the train to work. Can't imagine how many could be affected in a crowded morning train. Let' welcome 10m population as our gift to our future children. Make it 20m! Nothing will ever happen to us, not Dorscon Red, no way. Orange is about the worse that could be given our very efficient and effective contact tracing system and teams.

PS. Anyone try to treat this virus with Newater?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: