Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Job Loss Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deutsche Bank is a responsible employer...
As far as taking care of its retrenched employees is concerned, Duetsche Bank is doing what any other banks would do when retrenching their staff. They made sure that the staff would be duly compensated for their services with the bank. In this case, most of the equity department staff are employees and are covered by the Employment Act and would appropriately receive a retrenchment package before leaving the bank for good.

This is what was posted in theindependent.sg on this retrenchment exercise,

'The Deutsche bank spokeswoman assured the press that the bank would be directly in touch with employees. She added: “We understand these changes affect people’s lives profoundly and we will do whatever we can to be as responsible and sensitive as possible implementing these changes.”

Deutsche Bank’s Chief Executive Officer Christian Sewing called the retrenchment exercise part of a “restart.” In a letter to employees, he wrote: “We are creating a bank that will be more profitable, leaner, more innovative and more resilient.”'

Supposing that the equity staff of Deutsche Bank were agents of the bank like remisiers, would Deutsche Bank treat them just as fairly and compassionately as the bank treats its employees? Employees or agents of banks, in a retrenchment exercise when a bank closes down a department and people's lives are profoundly affected, any decent bank, the management of any decent bank, would likely treat them with grave responsibility and sensitivity. Any bank or management would be expected to treat their employees or agents whose livelihood are gravely and negatively impacted by their restructuring or retrenchment exercise to make the bank profitable with great sensitivity and compassion. Doing otherwise would reflect badly on the conscience and reputation of the management of the bank.

Would there be banks that would treat their retrenched staff or agents badly, inhumanly, insensitively in such a dreadful time when livelihoods are at stake? What kind of people would act so harshly and dismissively to their staff, agents or partners in business? What kind of respect would one have on such people if they could treat their staff, agents and partners poorly, miserly while they continue to receive their fat and comfortable pay while the retrenched leave the bank without the assurance of a job and with very little compensation?

I think and believe Deutsche Bank would do as spoken by its spokewoman. For if they were only giving lip service and do otherwise, the retrenched staff are not going to leave with a bad feeling for the bank but may even seek redress with the authority. Some may see their MPs or Ministers or even go to see the PM to pour out their grouses. The publicity would be very bad for the bank thereafter even if there is a compromise solution subsequently. Any bank in such a situation should think carefully not to ill treat their employees, agents or partners and think they can get away with it by under compensating the affected staff, agents or partners.

Would there be any irresponsible bank in Singapore that would treat their staff, agents and partners unfairly in the event of a retrenchment or restructuring exercise?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough good jobs for Singaporeans?
That day my friend told me about this very worrying trend of more and more jobs being temporary basis.

Many been saying more and more jobs offer, all actually only available for 6 months period after that cancel, will have to be renewed. I find this trend very worrying, because there is no job security like that, work 6 months end up being jobless against. It is not worth it.
My friend has been finding it hard to find jobs in this market. The government talks a good deal about creating good jobs, but Singaporeans do not want jobs like this. The government comes in and say they are going to reduce foreigners. In the end only cut those low-paying jobs Singaporeans do not want to do. What’s the matter with them?....

The government should focus more efforts on hiring our own Singaporeans instead of always relying on foreign talents who are not as loyal. It is a shame when we work hard in our own country but end up no employer want us just because they only care about degrees and diplomas, or worse, foreigners.

Frustrated local

The above is extracted from a post in TRE, Not enough good jobs for locals. Is this true? Cannot be, Singapore has 2m foreigners working here and many are having good jobs with good pay in the CBD area, in Raffles Place and MBFC. Look at the number of foreigners in these places, they out numbered Singaporeans which means there are many good paying jobs but going to foreigners, not to Singaporeans. The big question is why?

We have a govt that is elected by the people and everyday spouting slogans that they are for Singaporeans, creating good jobs for Singaporeans. Then why are there so many happy foreigners in good jobs and so many unhappy Singaporeans unable to find good jobs here? The number of foreigners in Raffles Place and MBFC is a fact. The number of unhappy Singaporeans unable to find good jobs, unable to find full time jobs can only be heard in social media not in the main media. Who is telling the truth and who is telling lies?

The next GE would tell the truth. If there are many unhappy Singaporeans unable to find good jobs, then they are likely to vote opposition. If Singaporeans are retrenched for whatever reasons, like restructuring, they would not vote for the PAP. But this is only an assumption. The unemployed or retrenched Singaporeans may be so stupid that despite losing their jobs, despite unable to get permanent jobs while foreigners can, would still vote for PAP.

The other fact is that maybe the number of unhappy and unemployed Singaporeans is too small to make a difference and therefore the PAP would still win with big margin, a confirmation that the PAP is doing the right thing and the majority of Singaporeans is supporting the PAP. Or the number of happy foreigners, now new citizens are so large, or at least more than unhappy Singaporeans, so the result is determined by them, the happily employed new citizens.

Which is the truth?
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jobless Singaporean's letter to Hsien Loong
Dear Honourable Prime Minister,

In the spirit of Smart Nation, I recently pursued a digital innovation subject, from Berkeley University, one of the top 10 in USA; and returned back to Singapore in Nov 2018, excited to serve my country with my upgraded skillset; seeking a job; but I am not given a chance. Just because I am now an “old PMET” in my mid40s.

I really want a chance to contribute to building Singapore’s digital economy with my ICT-cum-Business Project Management skillset but nobody in the past 5 months is interested. I do have this skillset required to contribute to the success of Digital Transformation projects, as certified by Berkeley University. If a decent qualified and proven skilled PMET jobseeker cannot find an entry-level PMET job, what more for those less qualified and skilled? I reach out to you because I deeply believe in the government systems. In my mid40s now with no job, how to sustain with no job until the new retirement age endorsed in our National Day Rally Speech?....

The above is part of an article posted in TRE under this title, Prof Tommy Koh's Article on SG PMETs: My Personal Encounter on....

I am at a complete loss of what Singapore has become and would appreciate your guidance here. Many Thanks, Mr Prime Minister.
Yours faithfully,
xxxxx (author’s name removed)

Singapore Democrats

The above is part of an article posted in TRE under this title, Prof Tommy Koh's Article on SG PMETs: My Personal Encounter on.... Such pathetic predicaments are affecting more and more Singaporeans even as young as 40+ and no one seems to care except to give lip service support. At 40, this is not even at the prime of his age and with another 40 more years to live, how is this person going to finish his life journey? This is a common and pitiful story affecting more and more Singaporeans.

When looking at the first paragraph of his letter about Berkeley as one of the top universities in the world, it quickly struck me that this was his first mistake. He should not have gone to study in the USA. And he should not waste his time in Berkeley. He should have gone to India instead and enrol himself in Uptron, or Ultron private schools or something like that. Then his future would be brighter. He could then look forward to becoming an MD in some American MNCs in Singapore. Berkeley is a definite no.

Another big minus in his resume is that he is a Singaporean. Singapore has no value in Singapore. Singaporeans are seen as lazy and stupid and unemployeable in Singapore, both by Singapore and foreign HR people. It would be better if he take up a PR in India, taking advantage of the favourable CECA, then return to Singapore as a foreign Indian talent. His chances of being employed would more than doubled or tripled.

Singaporeans are really stupid and after so many years still cannot see through the mist and myths in the job market in Singapore. Singaporeans are at the bottom of the wanted list. Stop bragging about good degrees from Singapore's world best universities or from American world best universities. The best and most marketable university degrees in Singapore are from India and from degree mills.

No degree is better than having a degree if one can do the job. A degree is a piece of waste paper. A degree from top universities is as good as an expensive piece of waster paper, like this Berkeley degree.

Wake up Singaporeans. Stop wasting money getting a good degree from a good university. Any degree will do. The faker or fakest degree would have a better chance to get one a good job, maybe a MD or CEO of a MNC, if you call yourself a foreign talent.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say No to CECA Rally at Hong Lim

Above are some pics of the protest Rally against CECA and the reckless increase in population in this tiny piece of rock. (pictures are posted in www.mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg)It was initially said to increase to 6.9m but the govt backtracked after the biggest turnout at Hong Lim Park against the Population White Paper organised by Gilbert Goh. The govt apologetically said 6.9m was only a planning parameter, not meant to be.

Now Heng Swee Kiat has on record said that 10m is the target in the future, for economic growth. What economic growth? 1% or 2% is good enough excuse to raise the population to 10m? What about the adverse effects of over crowding, an island full of shit and wildlife stealing the jobs of Singaporeans, stealing the lunches of Singaporeans and eventually stealing the whole island when the foreigners become a majority here?

The turnout at Hong Lim last Saturday showed that the people are concerned, unhappy and angry with the CECA and increasing population. They bothered to turn up to show their support and to show how angry they were to CECA.

In Parliament, other than MPs from the opposition parties, apparently everyone is for it and supporting this CECA. No one has stood up to speak against it. So it must be a good thing in Parliament to have this CECA.

Ask yourself, did you vote for a MP that support this CECA? If you do, you deserve to pay for the consequences for your own action. You voted for the CECA.

PS. Guess what was behind the black ink on the banner behind the stage.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CECA - what is real and what is fake news
'Among these was the claim that CECA has allowed Indian nationals to take PMET (professional, managerial, executive and technician) jobs away from Singaporeans.

Mr Chan clarified that all FTAs, including CECA, place no obligations on Singapore with regard to immigration.

"Indian professionals, like any other professionals from other countries, have to meet MOM's (Ministry of Manpower's) existing qualifying criteria to work in Singapore. This applies to Employment Pass, S Pass, and work permit.

"Second, CECA does not give Indian nationals privileged immigration access. Anyone applying for Singapore citizenship must qualify according to our existing criteria," said Mr Chan....

While Mr Chan acknowledged that economic uncertainties have created anxieties over job security, he asserted that perpetuating fear, is not the right response.

"We understand, and we share Singaporeans' concerns with competition and job prospects in the current uncertain economic environment. But the way to help Singaporeans is not to mislead them and create fear and anger," said Mr Chan....

Mr Chan said that MOM is aware of companies that have breached fair hiring practices and will weed them out to protect Singaporean workers and businesses.
Source: CNA/hs
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/chan-chun-sing-clarifies-ceca-ramesh-erramalli-12078768

In the above report Chan Chun Sing explained that while Singapore allows Indian nationals to work in Singapore under CECA terms, Singapore's Immigration rules still override the terms in the CECA to protect the interests of Singaporeans. What about the special clauses that allow 127 Indian professions to come in with no need to check their qualifications, in a way recognising every and any shit institutions in India?

In 2017, the Indian govt threatened to sue the Singapore govt for tightening the immigration rules to regulate the free flow of Indian nationals under the CECA terms.

India had signed its first ever CECA with Singapore in August, 2005, under which both sides have a preferential tariff arrangement for over 80 product lines. Besides, India and Singapore enjoy greater access in services and investment under CECA.

The CECA's second review was launched in May, 2010, but since then the review had been held up mainly on two important issues. One is allowing Indian banks to Singapore and second the free movement of Indian professionals. I think this has been enhanced since to make it easier for the Indian professionals to come in, unchecked.

The Singapore government, in its effort to reduce reliance on foreign workers, passed the ‘Employment Pass Framework’ in 2010 under which the foreign share of the total workforce has to be brought down to around one-third by the companies located there, while encouraging employers to invest in productivity in return for incentives in the form of tax breaks. Is this being practised in Singapore's 'Chennai' Business Park in Changi? There have been so many eyewitnesses claiming that on entering these offices they are shocked to see at least 80% of the workers are Indians.

However, India has argued that while Singapore has done this to address its own domestic concerns, it had committed a separate provision under CECA, exempting India from such a rule. The matter has taken a political colour now….’

Since then there was no more threats of India suing Singapore. Maybe some agreements had been reached that satisfied India's demand for more free flow of Indian nationals or some relaxation on the part of Singapore's immigration rules. Whatever, if the Indian govt is not complaining, it means they are very happy with the arrangement. On the Singapore side, everything very quiet except that the unemployment of PMETs and young Singaporean graduates get worse by the days.

Now it is exploding and everyone is talking about it. The opposition parties are also raising this as a major issue in the coming GE. What is real or fake can only be judged by the numbers of Indian PMETs here versus the sad and miserable stories of Singaporean graduates losing their jobs or unable to get a decent job, not half baked part time jobs or as Grab drivers or Grab delivery boys and girls.

In the past there was this policy of allowing foreign graduates to work in Singapore if they came from recognised and reputtable universities. Today this is forgotten and with CECA, any rubbish universities, real or fake also can, and their dubious and funny graduates are now in top positions in Singapore's economy, bossing around and ridiculing our local graduates from the world's best universities overseas and our NUS and NTU.

It is time to reintroduce the practice of only recognising the degrees of good and reputable universities, not karang guni universities and back lane degree mills.How would this affect the unbelieveable loose conditions in the CECA if it is implemented?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use CECA to replace the expensive Singaporeans
Sinkie:
November 17, 2019 at 2:02 pm (Quote)
Even if these India nationals’ credentials are not fake, also shouldn’t have allowed them to come to Singapore to compete for jobs.
How can ordinary Sinkies stand a chance if another 50 to 100 million India nationals – out of a population of more than 1.3 billion – with not fake degrees flood Singapore to take up the good jobs like in DBS, Citibank, JP Morgan, etc ?
India CECA is a stab in our backs, depriving us of our livelihood.

The above is posted in TRE following Aziz Kassim's post on the dabbawallas. Yes, Singapore cannot afford to keep on paying high pays. Even the escooter food deliverers are expensive compare to the Indian dabbawallas. Let's bring in the dabbawallas to replace these expensive escooter deliverers. The dabbawallas only need a pole to bring their food everywhere, no need expensive escooters.

This replacement of expensive Singaporeans should go all the way. We should replace all the expensive CEOs in GLCs, those CEOs in MNCs, many already using Indian CEOs, we should also replace our top civil servants with cheap Indian civil servants.

And ultimately we should replace our millionaire politicians with Indian politicians. They are cheap and good, as good as all the CEOs imported and all the dabbawallas on the pipelines. If all the expensive Singaporeans are being replaced, the cost of living would definitely come down to the same level as in India.

What do you think?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great opportunity for Singapore to help India or is it the other way?
'India’s debt-crippled national airline is focused solely on daily survival and keeping its flights in the air, a spokesman said Thursday, after the government warned it would have to shut down unless a buyer was found.

Air India owes more than $8.6 billion and has struggled to pay salaries and buy fuel, with losses mounting following earlier privatisation attempts....

Aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri said Wednesday that the airline would “have to close down if it is not privatised”, adding the government would soon invite takeover bids.

The company’s debt mountain may be hived off in a bid to make it more attractive to potential buyers, according to media reports....'

The above is quoted from theindependent.sg. It is a big surprise that India with so many talents could run its airline to the ground, in a mountain of debt. Let's see who should be blamed for this. Could it be that India had sent all its talents to help Singapore, including helping Singapore Airlines? If it is so, then Singapore must be blamed and must compensate India for such a big sacrifice. On the other hand, if not so, then Singapore must not bring in Indian talents to help SIA unless it wants SIA to be like Air India. This is funny, how come so many Indian talents helping Singapore companies to grow and make more profits but could not help Air India? Maybe India has talents in every industry except running airlines. Or maybe all the Indian talents flying to Singapore flew in SIA and not Air India.

So it is payback time for Singapore. Singapore should help India by pumping a few billions into Indian Airlines to save them or else many more Indians would be unemployed. After all we have so much OPM to spend and it is only right to reciprocate for so many Indian talents helping us and providing employment for Singaporeans. It is Singapore's fault for stealing all the talents from India. India, please stop sending your talents to teach Singaporeans how to do business, how to run an airline successfully.

I am trying to find a way to say that it is China's fault but unable to find a good reason for it. China did not steal India's talents. The most China could do is to sell cheap wares to lower the cost of operating Air India. So Singapore is a good scapegoat for the failure of Air India. It has to be, after taking a million of its talents to make Singapore's economy so healthy, with all the talented Indians in top posts earning millions of S$ instead of rupees. And because of CECA, SIA can fly to many Indian cities to pick passengers, to steal Air India's passengers, to steal the lunch of Indians. This type one benefit only Singapore cannot lah.

What do you think? Can't believe it, India has so many talents but cannot run its own airline but can run other people's and country's companies so well, including many Singapore companies and banks.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POFMA, who is spreading fake news
'In the media statement, the SDP is being accused of using the false and misleading statements to “stoke fear and anxiety among local PMETs”.
“Given the current uncertain economic climate, it is understandable that some Singaporeans feel anxious about employment prospects and retrenchments,” the statement said.
“This makes it all the more critical that public debate on the important issue of jobs is based on accurate facts, and not distortions or falsehoods.
“These false and misleading statements by the SDP have a singular objective – to stoke fear and anxiety among local PMETs. It is important to set the facts straight so that Singaporeans are not misled.”...

One of the Facebook posts includes a graphical illustration depicting plunging local PMET (professionals, managers, executives and technicians) employment.
MOM said the illustration is false. According to its Comprehensive Labour Force Survey, local PMETs employment has risen steadily, from 1.17 million in 2015 to 1.30 million in 2019.
As a proportion of the total local workforce, the local PMET share has also increased from 54 per cent in 2015 to 58 per cent in 2019....

Another falsehood that MOM took issue with concerns a statement in the online article which said, “The SDP’s proposal comes amidst a rising proportion of Singaporean PMETs getting retrenched.”
MOM said that there is no rising trend of local PMET retrenchments. The number of local PMETs retrenched in 2018 was, in fact, the lowest since 2014. Local PMETs retrenched, as a proportion of all local PMET employees, has also declined since 2015.'

The above is quoted from YahooNews. The first paragraph is the govt statement accusing SDP of spreading fake news about local PMETS employment falling and unemployment increasing.

The next two paragraphs show the two points the govt is offended. One, local PMET share of employment has increased. Two Local PMET retrenchment or unemployment is falling.

So who is telling the truth, who is spreading fake news? The devil is in the details. Notice that the above arguments referred to 'locals' not Singaporeans. Was SDP referring to Singaporean PMETs or local PMETs? With the influx of foreigners, with many becoming PRs and classified as locals, ie as good as Singaporeans, a few hundred thousands of PRs are here fully employed to justify the statistics that local PMETs are fully employed. The next devil is the new citizens. How many are new citizens or have become new citizens in the last 10 or 20 years? True blue Singaporeans do not regard them as truly Singaporeans as many of them did not serve NS and are fair weather economic migrants. Period. They are here because the weather is fine and would scoot when things turn bad. They are here because of good jobs that pay well, good currency exchange rates, and easy to get by with fake and funny degrees and resumes.

SDP and Singaporeans should be discussing about the fate of Singaporeans, not new citizens and PRs under this big and blur and ambiguous thing called locals. The statistics should be about Singaporeans, the people that called this island our country, our home, the guys sacrificed their lives and precious years to perform NS and Reservist duties to safeguard this country. The PRs and new citizens, did they. Shit, why am I even talking about PRs that are not even citizens?

Lets redefine the statistics, talked about true blue Singaporeans, not ambiguous term like
'locals', then we would get a better feel of the pain and suffering of Singaporeans. The govt is voted into power by Singaporeans to serve the interest of Singaporeans, not 'locals' that are not Singaporeans.

Below is a comment in TRE on the seriousness of so many migrants coming to take over the country.

John Richards:
December 14, 2019 at 11:51 am (Quote)
The liberal immigration policy of the PAP, which includes the large influx of foreign talents through various schemes like the CECA, can be likened to a non violent process of ethnic cleansing. Singaporeans you’re being overrun and your PAP leaders are happily playing the fiddle like Emperor Nero did while Rome was being burnt down.
Are you woke yet?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the future - PMETs to become construction workers
Singapore has come a long way from Third World to First World, from working under the hot sun in the construction and labour intensive industry, in backbreaking jobs, to white collar jobs in aircon offices. We have progressed from a Third World sweat shop to a fine First World city with our people living a better life.

The new message, many have been talking about it and dreading it, is from First World to Third World. The latest, according to Zaqy Mohammad, Minister of State for National Development and Manpower, ...'The proportion of locals taking up jobs for PMETs in the (construction)sector has fallen over the past decade' ie not good. Thenewpaper reported. 'Local white collar workers appear to be shying away from the construction sector, but new polices are in the offing to lure them back.'

Is the govt trying to sell the new magic formula that working under the hot sun as construction workers is the new good thing for Singaporean PMETs? And it is ok for the foreigners to come in and replace the PMETs in the aircon offices? Our First world PMETs, many with tertiary educations from world best universities, now being replaced by Third World funny degree graduates with funny backgrounds and many with fake and suspicious degrees from funny universities.

This is the new future awaiting our PMETs that are no longer needed in our aircon offices. Out you go, to work under the hot sun and dusty environment, back to the future, to the days when your papa and mama were construction workers. Is this really a good thing? Have our million dollar ministers lost their scripts and have no answers on how to give good jobs to our PMETs after inviting hundreds of thousands of Third World funny graduates to replace them? Have they lost the plot after being paid by the millions? Is this the best solution for our PMETs while they keep bringing in more fakes and funny Third World graduates?

Thank you very much for working so hard and coming up with such a clever solution to help our PMETs. And the ladies, please learn how to put on the red square cloth hats of our Samsui women.

This is Year 2020 and more better options will be coming for our PMETs, from First World to Third World. When would all Singaporeans be asked to vacate Raffles Place and MBFC to make way for wildlife?

My above article in a way is an answer to this comment by Rafiz Hapipi in his article posted in TRE.

'As a Singaporean, I am not simply concerned about unemployment. More importantly, has underemployment of Singaporeans increased? This is the more important question.

This is an undesirable scenario especially when a Singaporean has been trained by local institutions and is deemed qualified, and yet denied an appropriate position that exists in the employment sector in Singapore because companies prefer a PR or foreigner for whatever reasons.

At the end of the day, the qualified Singaporeans have to resort to taking up stop gap measure jobs or gigs then this underemployment becomes the failure of both the MOE and MOM.'

All these underemployed PMETs or replaced and jobless PMETs could become construction workers or whatever in the construction industry that they were not train for. All their valuable education and experience would be thrown into the dustbin like waste and swill, and they need to be retrained to do new jobs. How clever. This is called optimising the use of trained white collar workers to become blue collar construction workers. Only people paid in the millions can come up with such brilliant solutions to help our PMETs.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR with fake certificates - Inefficiency or foreigners have privileges?
On Tuesday (14 Jan), a press release from the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA) said that a Philippine national was jailed for 7 weeks’ for immigration offences. This was after she had produced a fake diploma and transcript to support an application for PR status for herself and her daughter.

38 year-old De Luna Noriza Dancel had submitted documents purportedly from the Centro Escolar University during her PR application in 2008 & 2009. Subsequent checks with the university revealed that she did not study there as claimed, and she was subsequently arrested by the ICA on 25 Oct 2017.

ICA said in their release that they take “a very serious view of persons who provide false information or conceal material facts during their applications for any Singapore immigration facility.”

Not the first brush with the law

In any case, this does not appear to be her first brush with the law. In 2012, De Luna was charged and fined $50,000 for setting up and running 2 unlicensed employment agencies....

In July 2011, the license of RSD Consultancy & Services’ had expired but De Luna did not renew it as she was being investigated by MOM. Despite ongoing investigations, she nonetheless proceeded to set up a second unlicensed agency, Impact Manpower, using a nominee director and applicant.

In any case, it seems that De Luna’s earlier application for PR status was successful given that the 2012 media report described her as being a “PR”. Whilst being a PR, it is equally curious that her forgery came to light only after 8 years, and the subsequent charge took more than 2 years. Was her PR not revoked after the fine?

What do you think?

The above is an editorial piece in TRE. Can't believe that I am reading this, forgery of certificates by foreigners is now so common that you can't help looking at every foreigner as a fake. How high is the percentage of foreigners with fake certificates? 10%, 20%, 30% 50%, 60% or more?

What happen to the super efficient Singapore administration? With fake certificates so prevalent would it not be wise to take every foreign certificate as fake until confirmed to be real? Or still adopt the tidak apa attitude, taking foreign fake certificates as real until proven fake, and it may take 8 years for each case to be proven? How many of the fake talents are now managers and CEOs in Singapore, replacing the genuinely qualified Singaporeans, sacking them and replacing them with more fakes to cover their tracks? And many silly Singaporeans that have not been affected by this disease are telling other Singaporeans to accept their fate for being cheated by foreigners and living a life of misery.

Below are some comments on the above article.

GetOut:
January 14, 2020 at 9:54 pm (Quote)
We must open our eyes & u/s that this govt is juz putting up a pretentious fake wayang show… becoz election is coming soon!!
Why, despite after so many years, then do this govt, especialy useless MOM, point out these various companies that practice unfair hiring?
There’re already hundreds of companies in SG, that prefer hire mediocre foreigners… over local citizens. And our MOM ( bloody big entire ministry) chose to close both eyes & do nothing… until now, becoz election is coming
We must not be fooled by superficial pretentious wayang action by this govt !!
We, local native citizens, are already becomin strangers in our own country, and soon, we wil become the minority , flooded & drown by influx of average foreign workers & their dependants!
What hope do we have then? With a clueless out-of-touch 4G wayang jokers… n LHL enjoyin million$$ after he step down
VTO we must!!

Crooked PAP:
January 14, 2020 at 10:44 pm (Quote)
A bizzare case ?
There are so many cases of cheating undetected by the FT-friendly Govt.
Becos there has been overwhelming condemnation from Singaporeans on the uncontrolled opening of floodgates to allow cheap FTs from 3rd world countries, Govt is trying to find a few scapegoats to show they are actually busy scrutinizing every FT getting PR or citizenship.
There is too much dirt in CECA, PRC and Pinoys who have already been accepted.
That’s why the Govt is withholding the breakdown of New Citizens and PR, rather the clubbing all of them as “Residents”.
Thanks Pritam for putting PAP on the spot. Josephine was cornered and she could not handle his questioning, as her colleagues came to support her.
Useless MOM Minister. Mind you, she was only an HR Manager not long ago but don’t know how she became a Minister so soon, with such low IQ.

Pioneer:
January 14, 2020 at 11:06 pm (Quote)
I have a feeling that many (foreigners) are not caught or yet to be filtered out by the authorities. To the foreign trashes, SG is a goldmine, and pay and pay like this sort of cheap talent from 3rd world countries. The only talent they have is outsmart SG with false & fake documents, and hoodwink the civil servants.

I agree that the only talent that these fake foreigners have is to outsmart the super talents that are supposed to check on them and the idiots that called them talents and allowed them in by the hundreds of thousands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: