Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Speak Your Mind, Singapore!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedoman Affair – A lesson in diplomacy
It is easy to behave like a busybody shouting at everyone to obey the rule of law when it is none of your business. The consequence of such naïve behavior growing out of a big head is to make enemies unnecessary instead of making friends.
The Pedoman Affair, when a Malaysian govt boat chose to park itself in Singapore territorial water is like the Philippines parking a broken down boat in China’s island and refused to butt off. China is acting with great restraint by not doing anything to the scoundrel’s bad antics and let them make a fool of themselves inn the middle of the South China Sea. In the Singapore case, the provocation is real. It is not a ‘broken down’ vessel that could not move, but a boat deliberately sailed and anchored in Singapore water. And the Malaysian boat just sits there and telling the Singapore govt what can it do.
This is a test of patient and tolerance and diplomacy. China has been facing such antics from the Philippines for years. Singapore now is having its share of what it is like when another country did it to you. And for its past behavior for crying out loud when it was none of its business, Singapore now has no friends to cry out loud to support its position. No one wants to breathe a word in favour of Singapore. Not even the 5 eyes countries that were Singapore’s allies.
The 5 eyes countries would be very happy to gang up to protect their white allies, not an Asian little country, no matter how Singapore professed to be their good friends, good ally. If Singapore were to act like the little boy PM in Canada and call on the 5 eyes countries or friendly countries to tell the Malaysians to back off, would they comply, would they send letters to the Malaysian govt on behalf of Singapore?
Where are all the friends of Singapore? Where is the Philippines that Singapore shouted until it voice went coarse the in South China island dispute and supporting the so called UN backed back lane arbitration court in Haque?
Singapore is looking so lonely in this incident. Somehow there is a lack of busybodies to come forward to Singapore’s aid, to stand beside Singapore. It is indeed a very lonely feeling out there.
But that is ok even if Singapore has no friends coming to stand on its side. It still can punch above its weight. Ya? What is Malaysia when Singapore thought it could even punch countries like China? Why is it so difficult for Singapore to give Malaysia a black eye, to arrest the Pedoman and pull it to Singapore harbor, and to release it later if Malaysia pays a fine, like the Philippines used to do, or to blow it up like the Indons did? Cannot punch above its weight even with Malaysia? Is Malaysia too big and too powerful than China?
Why so much restraints on the part of Singapore to deal with this border interference and provocation issue to the point of looking hapless? Where are all the loudspeakers from the MFA?
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mahathir trying to influence Duterte against influx of foreigners

Mahathir went to the Philippines to teach Duterte to such eggs, warning ‘the Philippines against letting in foreigners who could “disturb” the country’s domestic political stability’ in view of the influx of Chinese workers. During an interview this is what Mahathir said, ‘Foreign direct investment should not involve brining huge numbers of foreigners to live in the country, because that might disturb the political equations in the country,…If huge numbers of any foreigners (come) to live and stay in the country…you have to do some rethinking as to whether it is good or bad, of the limits that you have to impose on them.’

Duterte has different considerations based on the Philippines own situation. Last month Duterte said that ‘Chinese workers should be allowed to continue staying in the country as Beijing also hosted hundreds of thousands of Filipinos.’ This kind of reciprocity is not in the thinking of Mahathir. To Mahathir it is one way, can only benefit Malaysia and not the other party, like China pouring money into Malaysia but must be according to Malaysia’s term and interest and China must be the Santa Claus. Duterte sees it differently, win win for both parties.

Why doesn’t Mahathir share his warning with the Singapore govt but only to the Philippines? Singapore would likely show him the middle finger, other than telling him to mind his own business, not to influence Singapore's policy making, Singapore would tell him that the more foreigners the better, and Singapore woud be most happy to give citizenships to foreigners, not just staying and working here. Mahathir probably did not know that Singapore is now not a country but a hotel for everyone who wants to be here. Everyone can come here and own Singapore, no problem. A hotel is not a country and has no misgivings about losing a country to foreigners. Singapore is happy to share this piece of rock with anyone that comes here to work. Citizens are now called locals, just like the foreigners living here as PRs, NOT citizens. In fact citizen is a bad word, 'local' is the new favoured word for those living in the island.

This is a new model of state corporation, not nationhood, except that it has not been officially spoken in this way. All the sensitivities and things like disturbing the political equations in the country are none issues here. Singapore does not see any problem with changing the political equation or demography of the country. There is no race issue here, everyone is Singaporean. Any race can become the majority and become the Prime Minister or President. Singapore can be taken over by any race, no problem.

This is better than the theory of black cat or white cat as long as it can catch mice it is a good cat. I am waiting for our political leaders to utter this great catch phrase as the new Singapore slogan to the locals. Singapore simply loves to have foreigners, the more the merrier, wildlife also can.
redbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildlife executed for savage robbery
Micheal Garing, a 30-year-old Malaysian, was executed at Changi Prison on Friday (Mar 22)....the Judges of Appeal saying then that the "sheer brutality" exhibited by Micheal, who had attacked Mr Dillidurai in a "totally savage and merciless manner", warranted the death penalty....

In May 29, 2010, Micheal and three other friends - Tony Imba, Hairee Landa and Donny Meluda - had set out from a friend’s house with a plan to commit robbery. Micheal had armed himself with a 58cm parang.

Over the course of that night and the wee hours of the following day, Micheal and his friends robbed and caused severe injuries to three other victims.

Mr Dillidurai was cycling on the footpath along Kallang Road when he was attacked by the group. Tony knocked Mr Dillidurai off his bicycle and Micheal slit Mr Dillidurai’s throat and cut off his left hand.

The victim, whose wallet was taken by the attackers, also suffered a skull fracture and deep wounds on his back and left forearm.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/kallang-slashings-malaysian-micheal-garing-2010-murder-executed-11370142

How many of these sweet wildlife are still among us and waiting to display their primitive savage instinct? There was no need for butchering the victims in a robbery. The wildlife was not thinking of robbery but wanton killing of the innocents on the roads. They showed contempt and total disrespect for the law and brutally attacked their victims, not just to rob a few dollars, but to kill and hurt like savages. How could we sleep in peace with so many wildlife in the country, in our neighbourhood?

How many daft Singaporeans out there are still in love with the unknown wildlife in their midst? Singaporeans' stupidity has no cure. The savages are inhuman.

In the above case the court commented that under Singapore's law, all foreigners and Singaporeans would be treated equally. I don't agree. Look at the case of the rioters at Silat Road as reported in Channel News Asia.

' Yadwinder pleaded guilty after a five-day trial to rioting with a deadly weapon, failing to present travel documents upon departure and extortion with common intention.

Two months before the riot, he and four others extorted S$200 from a 21-year-old Indian national. They threatened to report her to the Housing and Development Board (HDB) for supposedly having more than the legal number of tenants in her flat....

According to a list prepared by Deputy Public Prosecutor Jason Chua, Yadwinder had been committing crimes repeatedly since 2015, three years after arriving in Singapore to work in construction.'

Such unrepentant wildlife that committed repetitive crimes in Singapore should be deported long ago to prevent them from disturbing the peace and threatening the lives of Singaporeans.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Sri Lanka a target?

More than 300 died and more than 500 hospitalised due to the latest IS bombings in Sri Lanka. Imagine the same magnitude and death toll happened in Singapore! The question of why Sri Lanka, a Buddhist majority country with only 7% Muslims. According to expert interviewed by CNA, Rohan Gunaratna said it was because Sri Lanka was a soft target. See, being soft target, even a Buddhist country with a small Muslim minority would not be spared.

Singapore is also a soft target, with a small Muslim minority and with legs opened so wide that 10 elephants can crawl pass easily, with so many wildlife coming in and out like their hometown, do you think Singapore presents an excellent soft target for terrorist attacks? I think not, our secret weapon is Newater. I have written a piece on the unmentionable benefits of drinking Newater but have yet to post it here.

Newater is an antidote for many wildlife disorders. Wildlife that are here must have taken Newater, and that has in a way tempered their wildness. Just imagine if there is no Newater, how wild would the wildlife be. This could be a good reason why Singapore is spared, so far. Must be the Newater.

While we think we may be safe, a soft target is a soft target. And Gunaratna has warned in his interview that all govts must be on high alert especially in SE Asia when Muslims are a majority. And the silly asshole in Australia thought he could bomb mosques and killed Muslims and could get away with it. He has just stirred the hornet's nest. For every white extremist there is a Muslim extremist to match his evil and prejudiced ways. You can hit them, they can hit you.

In the Sri Lanka case, the intelligence services were warned of an impending attack but this information did not get to the govt leaders. Dunno what were they so busy about that such an important threat did not get to them in time, after 10 days. We can understand how busy our millionaire politicians are, now buried themselves with the threats from fake news. I think they should take the advice of the intelligence services seriously and give top priority to such threats even if fake news is important.

Which do you think is a bigger threat, a clear and present danger, terrorist threat or fake news? Does the govt or police have enough men and resources to attend to such deadly threats when they have to take care of fake news? Would they be spreaded so thin, just like during the Little India riot that they just don't have enough men in blue to take a hold on terrorist problem?

Is there a need to monitor and tighten the influx of potential terrorists coming in when the legs are open so widely? Would it be futile, too many but too few men to handle? Or should we have faith in our Newater that would make the terrorists lose their minds and become more docile and timid or less deadly like daft sinkies?
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Heng Swee Kiat be the next PM?
This is a funny question indeed. Some may think it is mischievous. He has
just been appointed as the next DPM, the only DPM with the two incumbent DPMs
being sidelined to become senior ministers to make way for him. It is only natural
and only time is in his way to be the next PM. Everything said so far about him
is good, he has the support of Hsien Loong and his peers. The two DPMs
also have good words to say about him. His appointment as the next PM is
double or triple confirmed.

Can anyone be so certain of what tomorrow brings, what would happen
tomorrow? Man proposes, man designs, but they always say God disposes what
man proposed. There is something called destiny, fate, what is yours would
be yours, what is not yours would not be yours. If Swee Kiat is destined to
be the PM, he will be.

Until the day comes, no one can be 100% sure of this event. Should events
take an unfortunate turn and Swee Kiat’s position is challenged, who would
be the next obvious choice? Chan Chun Sing would be next in line if
according to an earlier plan. People were surprised that he was not named
the 2nd DPM. Is there anything to read into this? And there is Chee Hian
and Tharman still hanging around. Further down the ladder there is Ye Kung
and Shanmugam.

Do not rule out the dark horses. If there is a leadership crisis at this
moment, the game is open to all, and dark horses would likely to emerge to
challenge Swee Kiat for the PM post. He is still feeling around and not
really in it yet.

Until the fat lady sings….whatever will be will be. Anwar’s position is
even nearer but still an uncertainty. He was so near yet so far. It is not
that easy to be a PM unless one has the good fortune to be one.
'A Blackbox survey commissioned by Yahoo Singapore confirmed the results of our poll. In that survey, 69 per cent of 897 respondents said they would support Tharman as a candidate to become prime minister.

Netizens responding to Tharman’s latest post echoed these sentiments as they asserted that they are ready for a non-Chinese PM. Some hoped for a “miracle” that Tharman would assume the top post as others opined that they do not like Heng as much as they like Tharman:' Copied from theindependent.sg

In another poll from the same article said 92% was in favour of Tharman as the PM, only 8% was in favour of Swee Kiat. Maybe should rule these polls as fake news, unreliable and causing confusion.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you die for Singapore?
https://youtu.be/zot6r2SuksU

Above is a 8 minute clip posted by Matilah Singapura about Majulah Singapura, spoken by a young Singaporean. Frankly I do not understand what was the reason why he could not die for Singapore but willing to die for Singapore because of the word Majulah.

I do not know about how you people feel about dying for Singapore, about being a Singaporean, about Singapore as your country. My greatest misgiving is that this is no longer our country, when Singaporeans are treated as dispensable digits and should be replaced by foreigners with no qualms. For every two persons I met, one is a foreigner. In the train, I feel like I am a minority as practically everyone is a foreigner.

Do I want to die for a Singapore that I no longer think belong to Singaporeans? How many Singaporeans still feel passionately for this island and think this island belongs to Singaporeans?

Why is it like that? Have some asses diluted the glue, remove the glue that once held all Singaporeans together, and proud to be Singaporeans, to the present day when one no longer feels that this is our country, this is our home? When the politicians do not feel any sense of shame or guilt to tell you to fight for your lunch with foreigners they brought in to steal your lunch, where are the obligation and compulsion to want to die for this country any more? Foreigners that have no stake here except to make a living and whose loyalties are in their homeland, treated better than Singaporeans and with the audacity to demand equal treatment and rights of citizens which the govt thought are normal and acceptable? And the employment market are controlled and manipulated by foreigners at the detriment of Singaporeans! This is the new normal, a very sad state of affair. Sadder still, no asshole thinks he/she can do something about it for Singaporeans.

Majulah, going forward together or going forward with foreigners but Singaporeans are left behind? How many of you can feel connected with this guy? I can't.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In celebration of fake news and manipulation of history

This year Singaporeans, or some Singaporeans, are blindly celebrating the Bicentennial, to remember 200 years after this island was colonised and taken over by a foreign power, the British Empire. Do Singaporeans understand the significance of being colonised and becoming the subjects of an Empire? When you are colonised, your country went with it, including your rights as a person, no more human rights. You are subjects, not citizens of a country, with lesser rights, no voting rights. Everything in the country, including you belong to the Empire.

Are we supposed to celebrate this occasion with ommphs and revelry, with pride and joy, hallelujah, God Save the Queen? Our history books, written by the British and the western historians distorted this part of our history as something normal, something glorious. It was glorious to the Brits and the British Empire. It was not glorious for being subjugated and ruled by foreigners, for them to take over our country and everything in it.

Our historians should rewrite this part of our history, we read it as history but actually fake news, manipulated to white wash how they stole our land and our wealth and our rights and dignity as independent people of our own island. Our fore fathers were here for centuries, living a peaceful life until the Brits came. And they unashamingly proclaimed that they founded this island, Stamford Raffles founded this island for the King of England. The residents in the island did not count. Fake news? Manipulated news?

Our history should read, in 1819, a hoard of European pirates let by a man called Stamford Raffles, landed along the Singapore River. The residents welcomed them as guests and invited them to trade with us, even to stay. Within days, the intruders forced the local rulers to sign a document, written in English, which the rulers did not understand, to give away the islands to them, under the guise of some goodies, and the protection of the British Empire, like the gangsters collecting protection money to protect from their harassment. The rulers did not have any choice as the intruders were armed with guns and cannons.

The intruders then went on to become the rulers of this island, putting the local rulers aside as passive audience, puppets without any power, and without knowing that the intruders had robbed them of their land. And the intruders ruled the island until 1963 when Singapore was returned to be a part of Malaysia.

During the rule of the British intruders/pirates, the people lost all their rights to everything in the island. The Brits did whatever they wanted with the island, formed their army and police to rule over the people. They were the white lords.

This was how the British distorted our history, manipulated the narrative like it was an innocent and acceptable thing to colonise and rule the people, our forefathers, as their subjects and owning them and the island.

So, is it not true that the Bicentennial celebration is a celebration of fake news and manipulation of our history? Would POFMA be activated to denounce the fake history that we have been brought up with? Would our historians and politicians get it right this time, that colonialists and colonial masters were bad people? They did not deserve any honour! Only the beneficiaries of their crimes would honour them. They robbed, they killed, they bullied and they turned everyone into their slaves, their possessions, called subjects. Why are we glorifying them like white gods? Have we grown up and grown out of our colonial subject mentality?

What do you think? Stupidity has no cure?

We don't have to accept western history as our history. We are an independent country, no longer a colony of British Empire.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6/04/2019
Chinapore versus Indiapore

Below is a post I read in theindependent.sg about a Singapore venting his anger at a foreign import salesperson in Mustafa Centre. He was incensed, furious, unable to tolerate the foreign import for not able to converse in English. He recommended that the govt should import only people that can speak English and prevent Singapore from becoming a Chinapore.

I think I can agree with him. Let's import more English speaking foreigners from India and the Philippines. Never mind if we become Indiapore. At least everyone can speak English, Singlish and Inglish.

How many of you prefer Singapore to be a Chinapore or Indiapore? Those that support CECA as a good thing must also agree that Singapore should become Indiapore. Here is the post by this Raguvaran Naidu who claimed that he is not racist.

'A Singaporean vented his frustrations online after a sour experience with Mustafa Centre staff who were unable to assist him because they do not understand English.

Revealing that he was exasperated by staff from China who could not answer his question about where a particular product is located, Facebook user Raguvaran Naidu recounted his experience on social media. In a play-by-play style post, he wrote:

“Me: Hi do you have charcoal pills?
“PRC staff: Semor?
“Me: I’m looking for charcoal pills.
“PRC staff: Wo bu zi dao
“And then he just stood there ignoring me.
“Me again: Do you have any staff here who speaks English?
“PRC staff: Semor?
“Me: English English! Speak English!
“And he just stands there ignoring me.
“I asked him again loudly and this time, the customers turned to see what was happening and some even gave that annoyed look at the staff. He then replies something in Chinese which I couldn’t understand and points to the counter staff.
“Me: You’re working in Singapore and you don’t know English. Well done!
“Approached the counter staff and she angrily directed me to the cosmetics department to look for a Sales staff to get charcoal pills. I had to go a few rounds to find for a Sales staff who brought me back to the pharmacy side to get the pill for me.”

Asserting that he is not racist or against Chinese nationals, Raguvaran urged the Singapore Government to “hire people who can speak English at the very least!” Raguvaran is not racist but he said this,

He added: “From ordering food at a coffee shop to this, it’s getting worse by the day! We Singapore or Chinapore? What’s our first language?!

“Nowadays, I see a lot of non-Chinese kids taking Mandarin as their second language just because it’s the majority and so that they can get a job in companies who hire “CHINESE SPEAKING ONLY”. Shame on you!”'

Let ask all make this Raguvaran a happy man by turning Singapore into Indiapore, stop importing China Chinese who cannot speak English, and stop non Chinese parents from sending their kids to learn Mandarin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Singapore Current Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: