Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports August 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night after six days of losses. Dow closed +66 at 14964. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now -28. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +295, ShanghaiC -10, Hangseng -32. STI closed -0.5 at 3089. Volume was 3.3b shares. Gainers were 239 to 249 losers.

Trend of STI is down but looks like the fall is levelling.

Top volumes were WEHldg +0.8, Albedo -0.2, MirachEner +4.5, Innopac +0.1, ChinaEnv +4.5, Fonterra +11, Adventus +0.5, THBev -2.5.

Market was mixed after a positive closing. STI started to fall after lunch but was positive until the last half an hour when it closed at day low.

Blue chips were mixed with a bit of recovery for some. Penny and speculatives still saw some selective play with some making good gains. MirachEner +4.5, ChinaEne +4.5, Etika +3.5. The second liners also saw two big gainers in Forterra +11 and LionGold +19.5.

Dow and Europe are looking mix at the moment and a Friday may see them close a bit weaker. Dow is looking like stabilising from its recent fall.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed firm on Friday. Dow +47 at 15011. Dow's down trend is looking like levelling. Dow's future is now -13. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly firmer. Nikkei -24, ShanghaiC +39, Hangseng +142. STI -4 at 3084. Volume was 4.3b shares. Gainers were 211 to 273 losers.

Trend of STI is down but STI is breaking away from the downtrend.

Top volumes were Albedo +0.9, GoldenAgri +4, MirachEner +5, Innopac +0.2, CNA +1.5, Joyas -0.4, YHM unchanged, WEHldg -0.6, SingHaiyi -0.1, Ipco +0.2.

Market opened up and reached a high of 3110. It started to fall back after lunch and closed at day low, -4. Blue chips were mixed. Penny and speculatives were slightly better with some making good gains. Palm oil counters were given a booster with most of them making good gains.

MirachEner continued its rise by adding another 5c. OceanSky +5.5.

Today's shock was China Minzhong affected by some bad rumours. It lost 48c or nearly 50% of its value and was halted pending an announcement by the company.

Technically the charts of Dow and STI look like bottoming out and making a recovery.

Dow's future and Europe are slightly down at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were mixed but Dow -64 at 14946 last night. Dow's trend is still down but showing signs of breaking up. Unfortunately Dow's future is now -66 and tonight may be weak. Europe also opened sharply down.

Asian bourses were generally weaker. Nikkei -94, ShanghaiC +8, Hangseng -131. STI closed -50 at 3034. Volume was 3.6b shares. Gainers were 93 to 440 losers.

Trend of STI is down and the break up has weakened.

Top volumes were Albedo +0.2, AdvSct +0.4, Cedar unchanged, Innopac -0.3, ThBev -0.5, GoldenAgr -0.5, WEHldg -0.2 Magnus +0.1, OKHGlobal +2, GSH -0.1.

Blue chips were mostly in the red. Speculatives were not spared. There is the fear of US intervention in Syria and giving reason to sell down.

Markets in both US and here have been down quite significantly and a technical rebound was on the card but unable to gather steam with the uncertainty in Syria.

Dow and Europe are looking weak for tonight. It is unlikely to bounce back for a firm closing.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were all down last night. Dow -170 to close at 14776. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +31. Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -204, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng -350. STI -30 at 3004. Volume was 3.2b shares. Gainers were 131 to 390 losers.

Trend of STI is going down.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.5, Albedo unchanged, MirachEner -4.5, ThBev -3.5, YHM unchanged, MDR -0.1, GolderAgr -1, Innopac -0.1, Transcu unchanged, Freightlink -0.5.

Market opened down and drifted further down when Hangseng slipped further down. It managed to close at day high but was brought down again during matching. Blue chips were mostly down but the falls were more restrained. Penny and speculatives were also weaker.

Market has taken a strong beating these few weeks. There could be a technical rebound if an excuse is available. Dow and Europe too have been greatly oversold. Europe opened slightly down and Dow's future is at the moment still postive.

Let's hope for some measured news tonight to give the market a chance to pull back from the sharp loses.

Keep the fingers crossed.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe were still down last night. Dow recovered a bit at 14825, +48. Dow's trend is still down but had a break yesterday. Dow's future is now +32. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +121, ShanghaiC -4, Hangseng +180. STI closed +34 at 3038. Volume was 4b shares. Gainers were 309 to 166 losers.

STI's trend is still down but steady. May see a break up if it is up tomorrow.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.1, MDR +0.1, Albedo +0.2, THBev +10, Innopac +0.1, Armarda +0.1, MirachEner +1, WEHldg -0.2, LifeBrandz +0.1, FreightLinks +0.7.

Market opened slightly up and gained strength through the day. It climbed higher in the last hour of trading when Europe opened up.

Blue chips were mixed but slightly better. Penny and speculatives were much firmer with many making good recovery. THBev +10 after being bashed down over the last few sessions. Other penny stocks that made good gains were Ossia +16.5, Etika +6.5, OceanSky +4.5.

It was a good technical rebound but the Syrian crisis is still over the horizon and market would still be very volatile. Hopefully Europe and Dow are positive tonight for another run tomorrow morning.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were slightly up last night. Dow +16 at 14841. Dow's trend is trying to break up after two days of small gains. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -71, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng +27. STI closed -9 at 3029. Volume was 3b shares. Gainers were 190 to 264 losers.

Trend of STI has stopped slipping down for the moment.

Top volumes were Albedo -0.7, Ipco -0.3, THBev -4.5, GoldenAgr unchanged, Innopac -0.1, WEHldg -0.3, GemsTV +0.6, SingHaiyi unchanged, MirachEner -1.5, Magnus -0.2.

Market was down in early morning but recovered to stay a bit positive in the afternoon. It started to slip back down and went negative after Europe opened down. The Friday effect and also the fear of Syria over the weekend contributed to the weaker closing.

The little window dressing could not hold on to their gains. Blue chips were slightly weaker but steady given the fear in Syria. Penny and speculatives too were weaker.

The charts of Dow and STI are actually looking for a slight rebound but Syria is weighing heavily on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: