Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports January 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up last night, +63 at 13712. Europe was down. Trend of Dow is up. Dow's future is now +36. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed but Nikkei fell sharply -223. ShanghaiC +6, Hangseng -24. STI +11 at 3231. Volume was 4.2b shares.

Trend of STI is turning up.

Top volumes were YHM +0.4, MDR unchanged, Ipco +0.1, ICP unchanged, Xpress +0.2, UniFiber +0.1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Teledata unchanged, Aussino +1.5.

Market was up the whole day and gathered steam in the last hour with more buying and the big surge in Yoma. It closed +10. This lifted all Myanmar stocks except for UPP. Blue chips were mixed and interest returned to the penny and speculatives. It looks like the correction is over with volume increasing.

There were 276 gainers to 190 losers.

Europe is looking flat while Dow's future is looking good at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was +67 at 13779 last night. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is moving up. Dow's future is now +10. Europe opened down marginally.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +134, ShanghaiC -18, Hangseng -36. STI closed +17 at 3248. Volume was 4b shares.

Trend of STI is also up and may do a golden crossing tomorrow.

Top volumes were MDR +0.1, YHM -0.2, ICP unchanged, Ipco unchanged, GeoEnergy +2, Annica -0.1, Digiland -0.1, JBFood +8.5, ChinaNTown +0.3, Midas +3.5.

Market dipped in early trading but quickly recovered to remain in positive territory through the day and closed near day high. Blue chips were firmer. Penny and speculatives were mixed. Main beneficiary was JB Food on news of Popiah king buying a stake in the company.

With the trend firming up, the play should be positive for the next couple of weeks and possibly a small rally for the Chinese New Year.

Dow's future is slightly positive while Europe opened marginally down
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up. Dow +46 at 13825. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +50. Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed but Nikkei rallied to recover from recent losses and up 306. ShanghaiC -1, Hangseng -18. STI closed at day high at 3269, +21. Volume was 3.5b shares.

Trend of STI is up with a golden crossing.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Jiutian +1.5, YHM unchanged, ICP unchanged, Innopac -0.6, Ipco unchanged, GeoEnergy +0.5, JBFoods +3.5, Yoma +6.5, Oceanus unchanged.

Market was quiet but slightly up most part of the day. Trading was mixed. It only came to life in the last one hour when buying or short covering came in to drive up most stocks. This was helped by another push on Yoma which also lifted up other Myanmar related stocks.

Blue chips were also firmer. Penny and speculatives also returned to green. Gainers were 327 to 193 losers. It was a firm closing for a weekend.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up 71 and closed at 13896 on Friday. Europe was also up. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now -14. Europe opened marginally down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -102, ShanghaiC +55, Hangseng +91. STI +5 at 3274. Volume was 4.5b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were Ipco unchanged, YHM -0.1, NexGen +0.1, ICP unchanged, AsianMic +0.5, Jiutian +0.8, Ntegrator+0.6, InterraRes +8.5, SingXpress +0.1, Genting +2.5.

Market was up the whole day but closed off its high of 3281. Gainers were 388 to 166 losers. Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculatives were firmer. Todays darling were Etika +11, InterraRes +8.5c and JBFood +5.5. Yoma hit a high of 90c but closed with some profit taking at 85c.

Selective rotational play is continuing to keep market active.

Europe and Dow are steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was -14 at 13882. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is still up but flattening. Dow's future is now +12. Europe opened flat.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +42, ShanghaiC +12, Hangseng -17. STI closed -14 at 3260. Volume was 6b shares.

Trend of STI is up but today's is the first day in the red.

Top volumes were Ipco +0.3, MDR unchanged, Oceanus +0.6, YHM unchanged, GSH +0.1, Contel +0.3, JES +2.2, Innopac +4, Informatics +0.3, PacAndes +1.1.

Market was trading in a very tight range till the last hour when some selling pressure pulled the index to close at day low. Blue chips were mostly flat or weaker. Penny and speculatives continued to play actively. Today's attractions were Oceanus, Innopac, JES, and InterraRes.

Rotational play with switching of counters will be the order of the day.

Dow and Europe are likely to be steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up 72 at 13954. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future is now +18. Europe opened slightly up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +247, ShanghaiC +23, Hangseng +167. STI +26 at 3286. Volume was 4.4b shares.

Trend of STI is up.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Annica +0.2, Ipco unchanged, Oceanus +0.2, Plastoform +0.3, Magnus +0.5, THBev +4, YHM unchanged, SwingMedia +2.2, Innopac unchanged.

Another strong performance for the market. It started cautiously but gained momemtum for the STI to close at day high. Blue were slightly firmer. Speculative play was active. Myanmar stocks started to come back with Yoma taking the lead. Big percentage gainers were THBev +4, JBFood +5, Yoma +3.5 and Ramba +3.

With Europe and Dow looking steady and China taking the lead, the play could continue for a while.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -44 closing at 13910. Dow's uptrend is still holding. Dow's future is now -21. Europe opened also slightly weaker.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +25, ShanghaiC +3, Hangseng -93. STI closed -6 at 3280. Volume was 4.5b shares.

Trend of STI is still up.

Top volumes were Ipco -0.1, MDR -0.1, HM -0.1, ICP unchanged, K1 Venture +1.7, Genting +8.5, Elektromotive unchanged, Innopac -2, THBev -1, SwingMedia +1.5.

The slight weaknesses in Dow and Europe last night were enough to spook our market to cause a general weakness across the board. However the fall was slight or marginal. There was no sell down and the play could continue if Dow can chalk up a more positive closing tonight.

Genting recovered strongly after the recent fall to gain 8.5c today. Yoma maintained unchanged.

Dow's future and Europe are now marginally weaker but no cause for alarm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: