Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports December 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was steady but Dow was down on Friday, -121 at 13191. Dow's trend is turning down. Dow's future is also down as the fiscal cliff is still hanging by a string.

Asian bourses were generally firm. Nikkei closed. ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng +35. STI closed -2 at 3162. Volume was 1.1b shares.

Trend of STI is flat and may turn down.

Top volumes were Rowsley +12, Informatics +0.3, Cedar unchanged, YHM +0.1, TTInt +0.1, EcoWise +0.3, GeoEnergy -0.1, Etika +4, Hankore unchanged, Skyone -0.5.

Market was steady despite the weakness in the US. STI stayed positive in early morning and ended flat. The most active was Rowsley after Peter Lim's anouncement of his investment in Iskandar Development in JB. It shot up 12c, nearly double it value in a day. This could indirectly helped market sentiments and penny and speculatives were firmer. Blue chips were mixed.

Dow is still looking dicey though Europe and the rest of the world seem to be quite comfortable to plod along. As long as Dow does not take a big plunge tonight, things should be ok after Xmas.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was mixed while Dow -51 on Monday. Dow closed 13139. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is flat at the moment. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were firmer. Nikkei +150, ShanghaiC +5. Hangseng closed. STI +12 at 3181. Volume was 3.5b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were Informatics +4.7, MDR +0.2, Rowsley +5, YHM unchanged, SingXpress unchanged, TopGlobal +0.2, Healthway +0.9, TTInt +0.9, Hankore +0.4, GSH +0.3.

Market was positive most of the day. Blue chips were flat. Interest was in penny stocks. Informatics, Blumont and Rowsley were big gainers in percentage terms. Topglobal has started to move after upgraded to main board on Monday.

The play is linked to big names like Peter Lim and Myanmar. Oei Hong Leong's sister Sukmawati(TopGlobal) could be interesting. This stock is a laggard and has just come alive.

If Dow and Europe are steady tonight, the play would be on for a while.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe closed mixed and Dow -24 at 13115. Trend of Dow is down. Dow's future is now +6. Europe opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +93, ShanghaiC -13, Hangseng +79. STI closed +3 at 3183. Volume was 3.1b shares.

Trend of STI is still flat the top of the recent uptrend.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Informatics -1.7, GSH +0.3, YHM -0.1, Healthway +0.1, MemstarT +0.2, Innopac +0.5, EMSEner +0.3, Mewah +8, Ipco +0.1.

Market was steady but closed at day low with profit taking in the penny and speculative stocks. Blue chips were slightly weaker. Overall there were still more gainers than losers.Today's top gainers among the speculatives was Mewah, +8. It was +13 at its high.

There was a slight cooling off after yesterday's active play.

Dow and Europe are looking steady at the moment. However, Dow's trend is weakening.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was weak on opening but closed down only 18 pts. Europe was mixed. Dow's trend is down while Dow's future is now -4. Europe opened up but now slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly up. Nikkei +72, ShanghaiC+27, Hangseng +47. STI closed +8 at 3192. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but inching up.

Top volumes were Oceanus +0.2, HM +0.1, Informatics +0.5, JES +3.2, Contel +0.2, MDR -0.1, Plastoform +0.2, JasperInv unchanged, Xpress +0.2, Rowsley +1.5.

Market was steady today and closed firm for the weekend despite the overhang of the fiscal cliff in the US. There were more gainers than losers by 2:1. Blue chips were firmer. Speculatives continue to be in play and many pennystocks closed positive. Rotation play continued while some were consolidating. Today's high flyer was JES, gaining 3c.

Going forward analysts were positive given the recovery in China. There is likely to be some compromise on the fiscal cliff and the early part of January is looking positive.

Dow and Europe are flat at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was down 158 pts because of fiscal cliff uncertainty. Europe were down slightly. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is now +41.

Asian bourses were generally firmer. Nikkei closed, ShanghaiC +25, Hangseng -10. STI closed -25 at 3167. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI starting to dip down.

Top volumes were MemstarT +0.9, YHM unchanged, JEP -0.1, Digiland unchanged, JES +0.9, Ramba +21.5, MDR unchanged, GeoEnergy +1, Informatics unchanged, Noble +0.4.

Market opened down and drifted lower to close -25 pts. Blue chips were mostly lower while speculatives and penny held on very well. Two out performing counters were Ramba and Blumont. Ramba, +4.5, has a rights issue and also news of striking oil in one of its exploration field.

Overall market was steady and awaiting the outcome of the US fiscal cliff.

Cheers and a happy new year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: