Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily reports October 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was up and down last night but ended +2 at 13346. Trend of Dow is sliding down. Dow's future is looking weak at -75 this moment. Europe also down on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed, Nikkei +4, ShanghaiC -18. Hangseng closed for holiday. STI closed +8 at 3053. Volume was 1.6b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were YHM +0.3, GoldenAgr +1, Transcu -0.2, GeoEnergy -2, Artivision unchanged, THBev +1.5, HPHTrust -1, Yoma -2.5, Asiasons unchanged, AsiaMed +0.6.

Market opened flat but managed to make some gains in quiet trading. Market started to weaken when Europe opened down followed by Dow's future slipping as well. Generally it was a mixed trading day with blue chips slightly firmer.

The lack of retail in the market is telling and market would remain lifeless with some activities created by computer trading.

Dow and Europe are looking weak tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow took a dive and so did Europe. Dow -243 at 13102. Trend of Dow is down. Dow's future is now +9 and Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -60, ShanghaiC +1.5, Hangseng +66. STI closed -6 at 3045. Volume was 1.4b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were THBev +1.5, GoldenAgr -1, Declout IPO 28, Transcu -0.1, AusGroup +1, HPHTrust -1.5, GeoEnergy unchanged, SkyOne unchanged, Oceanus -0.2, SingXpress -0.1.

Market opened down after Dow's sharp fall last night. Surprisingly it started to recover when regional bourses were steady, esp Shanghai and Hangseng. It stayed positive for most part of the day but ended lower with some selling when Dow's future started to slide down.

There were more losers than gainers. Blue chips were weaker. Some speculatives tried to stay positive.

Europe is starting to get better and Dow's future is looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe was slightly up and Dow up for the most part of the day but some late selling ended -25 at 13077. Dow's trend is down. Dow's future is +54 at this moment and Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +101, ShanghaiC -14 and Hangseng +46. STI closed +10 at 3056. Volume was 1.5b shares.

Trend of STI is starting to show some positive signs.

Top volumes were YHM unchanged, Transcu +0.1, Gaylin IPO 36.5, THBev unchanged, HPHTrust -3.5, HLH unchanged, GeoEnergy unchanged, ICP unchanged, Capitaland +5, Triyards +5.5.

Market was steady after a flat opening. It stayed positive for the whole day to close +12. Trading volume was very low as if nothing happened. Gainers and losers were about the same.

Blue chips were firmer but penny and speculative were slightly weaker. For a long weakend it was a good closing.

Dow and Europe are looking healthy at this moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow closed off its low on Friday to chalk a small gain of 3.5 pts at 13107. Dow's trend is down but appearing to consolidate at this level. Future of Dow is -59. There is no market in New York tonight because of the storm. Europe opened down.

Asian bourses were lower. Nikkei -4, ShanghaiC -7, Hangseng -34. STI closed -24 at 3034. Volume was 2.5 shares.

Trend of STI is sliding down slightly.

Top volumes were YHM +0.7, ICP +0.1, Contel -1, GoldenAgr -0.5, Digiland +0.1, GeoEnergy -1, HPHTrust -1, THBev -1, SingTel -1, Religare -0.5.

Market was down from opening and kept sliding. It closed at near day low. Blue chips were mostly down as were the speculatives. There was quite a bit of selling. Losers were 3 to 1 to gainers.

After attempting to make a recovery last week STI started to slip down again given the talk of the US economy going down the cliff. Though this is unlikely the news still send jitters to the investors and there were some selling.

Europe is looking a bit weak but nothing unusual at the moment. The public protest in some of the countries affected by the budget tightening is also weighing down on sentiments.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow will be closed for another day. Its future is now -18. Europe has opened firmly up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -87, ShanghaiC -3 and Hangseng -82. STI closed +9 at 3039. Volume was 1.9b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking down but appearing to be consolidating at this level.

Top volumes were YHM +0.2, ICP -0.1, Elektromotive unchanged, Contel -0.1, THBev -0.5, GoldenAgr unchanged, GeoEnergy -0.5, Gaylin +2, Singtel +4, SkyOne -0.5.

Market was fairly steady today and dipped to negative for a while when Hangseng was seen to be weaker. It managed to pull back to close +9.

Blue chips were firmer while speculatives were mixed. Market is not showing any direction but may be bottoming. Funds have been inactive and could be coming back again.

While Dow is off tonight our market may be taking direction from Europe and Hangseng. Europe is looking good today.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US market will be opened tonight. Dow's future is now +51. Europe opened firm.

Asian bourses were more on the positive side. Nikkei +86, ShanghaiC +6.5, Hangseng +213. STI closed flat at 3038. Volume was 2.2b shares.

Trend of STI is still looking down but looking steady.

Top volumes were YHM -0.3, GoldenAgr -1, ICP unchanged, MDR unchanged, Digiland unchanged, Transcu -0.1, CCFH +1.9, Singtel -1, Religare +0.5, Noble +1.5.

Though regional bourses were mostly positive, STI closed flat after staying in negative territory for the most part of the day. Overall market was mixed. There was expectation of some window dressing but this did not seem to take place at all.

Index wise market is looking like consolidating at this level. With Europe up and Dow's future looking positive, hopefully a firm closing at Dow could give our market a little push tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: