Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports April 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down but steady. Dow -102 to close at 12927, off its low. Dow's trend is looking flat at the moment. Dow's future is now +36 while Europe opened positive.

Asian bourses were steady after a weak opening. Nikkei -74, ShanghaiC closed unchanged, Hangseng +52. STI closed +12 at 2974. Volume was 5.4b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly down.

Top volumes were JEL +2.5, Xpress +3.7, EuNetworks +0.4, LifeBrandz +0.7, TTInt +2.3, Ipco +0.5, Equation +0.7, MDR +0.1, Si2i +1.1, AdvSct +0.3.

The turbulence in Europe did not really shake the market too much. The steady closing at Dow also helped.
Penny stocks continued to hog the limelight and doing very well with some doubling in price in the same day.

The steady opening in Europe and Dow's future led to a firmer closing at the end of the day. Interra Resources and Yoma fell due to force selling pressure. Once this is over, they should rebound and could be in play again.

Blue chips well also steady.

Dow and Europe should regain some lost ground tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good corporate earnings brought Dow up, +74 at 13002. Europe also up, Dow's trend is firming up. Dow's future is now +61 and Europe strongly up on opening.

Asian bourses were firmer. Nikkei +93, ShanghaiC +18, Hangseng -31. STI closed +5 at 2980. Volume was 7b shares.

Trend of STI is holding and looking to rebound.

Top volumes were JEL +2.2, Unifiber +0.8, SunMoon +0.1, TTInt -1.8, Valianz +0.3, Ipco -0.1, Thakral +0.4, SingXpress unchanged, Xpress-0.4, Informatics 2.4.

Another big day for penny stocks. JEL charged up to 15.8 before closing at 12.2. There were more profit takings in those penny stocks that had ran up recently. The pull back affected the whole market. However there were some rotational play with new penny stocks in play. Thakral, Informatics, Rowsley and UPP were active and up. Myanmar stocks like Interra Resources and Yoma had another bout of force selling but recovered from their day low to close steady. The hangover should be at the tail end and the selling tapering off.

Blue chips were mixed.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +89 at 13091. Trend of Dow is turning up. Dow's future is now +37. Europe opened down slightly.

Asian bourses were slightly firmer. Nikkei +1, ShanghaiC -2, Hangseng +163. STI closed +2 at 2981. Volume was 3.8b shares.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were JEL -4.4, AdvSCT +0.4, Informatics +2.6, Stratech -0.3, TTInt 3.2, Thakral unchanged, Ipco -0.2, GoldenAgri unchanged, Xpress -0.3.

Today market continued to sell down on penny stocks with JEL taking a big hit. It lost 4.4 pts after worries that Sam Goi could have sold down his position. There were curbs on the counter in some houses. The other penny stocks that had been ramped up also weakened. AdvSCT and Informatics were the beneficiaries. It was just another day of profit taking.

Myanmar play with Interra Resources and Yoma started to recover.

Blue chips were mixed.

Dow and Europe should be steady tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were up last night. Dow +114 at 13205. Trend of Dow is up with a golden crossing. Dow's future is now -19. Europe opened down but recovering and is mixed at the moment.

Asian bourses were down slightly ahead of the weekend. Nikkei -41, ShanghaiC -8 and Hangseng -68. STI closed flat at 2982. Volume was 3.6b shares.

Trend of STI is slightly looking down.

Top volumes were JEL -1.4, MDR -0.1, HLH -0.4, Xpress -0.3, SingXpress -0.2, Informatics -1.3, Ipco -0.1, AdvSct -0.4, TTInt -2.5, Thakral -0.7.

Another day of selling for penny stocks. This phase of play is coming to an end and may take a few more days to restart another round. Though the index held steady for the morning session, more selling came in when Hangseng turned negative in anticipation of a weak opening in Europe. It closed negative but off its low. Europe has since turned positive at the moment.

Blue chips were slighty weaker.

For a Friday, Dow and Europe are not expected to be strong tonight. A flat closing would be good.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe closed steady on Friday with decent gains. Dow +24 to close at 13228. Dow's trend is up. Dow's future at the moment is+3 while Europe opened mixed.

Asian bourses were slightly down but Hangseng rallied strongly to close +353. Nikkei -41, Shanghai -8. STI traded within a small range and closed -3 at 2979.

Trend of STI is flat.

Top volumes were JEL -0.4, TTInt +0.8, MDR -0.1, SingXpress -0.1, HLH -0.2, Digiland unchanged, Thakral -0.3, Ipco -0.1, GoldenAgri -1.5, Civmec +3.5,

With May Day tomorrow, market was cautious. Penny stocks continued to drift down but TT Int was attempting to make a come back. Midday several counters were green but fell back on profit taking and the holiday tomorrow. Otherwise market is steady at this point.

Speculators have found a niche by playing penny and ultra penny stocks that are unlikely to be in the radar of big funds and their computer systems. The latter is an unfair mechanism that unfortunately is allowed into the system. It would be a matter of time before someone realises this folly and get rid of them. Only the Americans would be smart enough to know how the big funds cheat the small traders using algos and computers hooked into the system. They are now caught by the big boys twisting the arms of congressmen not to do anything.

For the time being the smaller syndicates and traders have found a way to avoid the unfair system. Though both are speculators, at least the smaller syndicates played more openly and small traders still have a chance to make some winning bets.

Blue chips and banks were mixed.

Dow and Europe look steady at this moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: