Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Daily Reports March 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was slightly weaker while Europe managed to stay above water. Dow closed -46 at 13125. Dow's trend is down with MAs about to cut downwards. Dow's future in now -63 and Europe sharply down on opening.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +41, ShanghaiC -2 and Hangseng +45. STI closed at day low at 2979, -26. Volume was 2.4b shares.

Trend of STI is slipping down.

Top volumes were MDR +0.2, GentingHK +1.5, GoldenAgri +1.5, Ezra +0.5, NexGenCom +0.1, Noble -3.5, Artivision -0.5, AdvSct -0.2, Genting unchanged, UPP +0.5.

Market was steady but hovering at neutral level for the most part of the day. Many counters were started to turn green with Hangseng closing positive after the last 3 days of sharp falls. Then Europe opened sharply down and there a spate of selling to pull the STI to close at a day low. Otherwise blue chips were holding and and some penny stocks and speculatives were stirring.

Europe and Dow are looking weak tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were down last night. Dow -78 at 13046. Dow's trend is going down. Dow's future is now +35 and Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -116, ShanghaiC -26, Hangseng -233. STI closed +11 at 2990. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Genting +11, NexGenCom +0.1, GoldenAgr unchanged, GentingHK +1, HLH +0.1, Centillion -0.1, Noble +1.5, LionGold +1, Infinio +0.1.

Our market was saved by Genting today. Genting was given approval to run two junket operators and this led to a buy call with DBSV having a target price of $2.05. The counter was pushed to 1.77 before closing at 1.74. Down the road Genting is looking healthier.

The other major markets were mostly down and would have taken the STI along. The strength of Genting helped to bring STI positive and many counters turned green.

Europe and Dow are looking better at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reassuring Friday in Wall Street. Dow closed +35 to break a 5 day downslide, closing at 13081. Trend is still down. Dow's future is now +3. Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei +7, ShanghaiC +1, Hangseng unchanged. STI closed at day low at 2975, -16. Volume was 1.7b shares.

Trend of STI is down.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Genting -3.5, HLH +0.1, GoldenAgri +0.5, Genting +1.5, NexGenCom -0.1, JEl unchanged, CreativMast -4.2, Noble -2.

It was a quiet and directionless day of trading. Hangseng and Shanghai were flat but STI failed to hold and there were some last minute selling to close at day low.

Interest from traders seemed to have faded away or the traders were no where to be found. Blue chips were also weaker despite cum dividend.

Dow and Europe are flat at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big break up in Wall Street and Dow +161, closing at 13242. The downtrend has been broken and MAs are about to cut back up. Dow's future is now +38 while Europe opened firmly up.

Asian bourses rebounded strongly except for ShanghaiC -3. Nikkei +237, Hangseng +378. STI closed at day high at 3019, +44. Volume was 2.1b shares.

Trend of STI is flat but downtrend has been stopped.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, Genting +3.5, NexGenCom +0.2, GoldenAgri +2, Vashion -0.1, Artivision +1, UniFiber +0.2, GMG +0.7, AdvSct +0.1, Yangzijiang +3.5.

The easing of credit news in US was well received with bourses around the world recovering from last week's losses. Hangseng and Tokyo rallied strongly. STI also made good gains with blue chips and banks adding two digit gains. Buying interest returned and STI closed at day high.

Europe and Dow are looking good tonight.
redbean

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow was flat the whole day till the last hour when it came down. It closed -44 at 13198. Dow's short term trend is looking up but MAs slipped back down. Dow's future is now +50 while Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were weaker. Nikkei -73, ShanghaiC -62, Hangseng -161. STI closed -3 at 3016. Volume was 1.65b shares.

STI trend is also inching back up with MAs starting to turn around.

Top volumes were MDR unchanged, HLH unchanged, NexGenCom -0.1, QAF -0.2, Noble -1, UPP +1, GoldenAgr -1, Genting -1, OttoMarine -1.4, Ezion +1.

Another day of quiet trading with index slightly down. Blue chips were steadier while speculatives and penny stocks were weaker.
China, Hongkong and Tokyo were all down and STI's -3 is pretty good.

Dow is looking ok while Europe slightly but steady.
redbean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow and Europe were all down last night. Dow -72 at 13126. Trend of Dow is slipping down with MAs cutting downward again. Dow's future is now +27 while Europe opened slightly down.

Asian bourses were mostly down. Nikkei -68, ShanghaiC -33, Hangseng -276. STI closed -22 at 2994. Volume was 2b shares.

Trend of STI is sliding down.

Top volumes were HLH +0.2, Cordlife IPO closed at 68, Kreuz -3.5, MDR unchanged, GoldenAgri unchanged, UPP +0.5, Genting -2, Ntegrator +0.4, Noble unchange, NamCheong +1.2.

Another weak trading day with the uncertainties in Hongkong and China, both dropping sharply. Our market was mixed but penny stocks were active. The new IPO stock of Cordlife did very well to close at 68 after hitting a high of 79.5c.

Our market appeared to be steady and could be better if not of Hangseng and China. Tomorrow may see some window dressing if Dow is ok.

Dow's future is looking steady at the moment.
redbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dow recovered from early weakness to close marginally positive, +20 at 13146. Dow's trend is still down but holding. Dow's future is now +56 and Europe also opened up.

Asian bourses were mixed. Nikkei -31, ShanghaiC +10, Hangseng -53. STI closed +16 at 3010. Volume was 2.5b shares.

STI trend is flat and stabilising.

More active trading today, probably a bit of month end window dressing. Blue chips were mixed but penny and speculative stocks were mostly green with higher volumes. Sentiment of traders was better. Hangseng also recovered to close off its low.

Europe and Dow are looking steady at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Daily Reports and Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: