Forum Index
this forum welcomes all forumers who appreciate decent and well thought out views and discussions. all forumers are encouraged to accept that different forumers have different views and often there is no absolutely right or wrong views.
Menu
 Forum IndexHome
FAQFAQ
MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Quick Search

Advanced Search

Links
mysingaporenews
Singapore River Tour
Singapore Education
Singapore Orchids
littlespeck
ypapforum
Singapore Hosting
Sample Link 2
Sample Link 2

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

Google Search
Google

http://www.phpbb.com
Hu Jintao should call off his visit to the US

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Hu Jintao should call off his visit to the US Reply with quote

The americans are not showing any sign of sincerity to host the visit by Hu Jintao. In fact in every aspect they are trying to tell Hu Jintao that he is second rate and does not deserve the full honour of a head of state.

For Hu Jintao to proceed to visit the US is as a good as turning his face to be slapped. He will be an embarrassment to the Chinese people when the host country is showing all the signs to treat him less than what he is.

It is better for Hu Jintao to call off the visit and saves the embarrassment not only to him but to his country and people.
redbean

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu Jintao went ahead with his visit to the USA and was expectedly snub. Anything that can go wrong did go wrong, from the official name of China, allowing Falungong supporter a full 5 minutes of air time to be broadcast around the world, to pictures showing Bush pinching his sleeve, and a visit that was short of a state visit that the Chinese wanted.

To the Bush Administration, it was a great show, a victory of sort. They did not have to accord the Chinese leader the proper protocol he deserved, and injected a few irritations along the way.

Hu Jintao went home quietly without any agreement or accord to be jointly announced with Bush. Did he bring any big gifts to the US to deliver to Bush but held back because of the lack of courtesy and protocol from the Bush Administration? Did America gain or did not gain anything from the visit? They gained in some boyish antics and one upmanship. But they could have wrangled something more substantial from the Chinese if they behave better. It could be a wasted opportunity, for the Chinese did not give anything away.

Now, when Bush makes his return visit he can expect the protocol to be similar to how he treated Hu Jintao, but minus the hiccups. But he should not expect to gain anything from the Chinese either. He too will return home empty handed.

When men behave like children...
Matilah_Singapura

Location: LAND OF SMILES & INSTANT GRATIFICATION, of Delightful Exploitation...and a true Buddhist spirit!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US is his country's biggest customer.

The whole thing is a show put on for the global audience - it gives people something to talk and blog about Laughing

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors, what kind of sweetheart deals are cut, which businessmen are involved (I'll bet WalMart was there cutting deals).

The Chinese are buying energy too - and Texas, GW's home state has a lot of energy companies Wink

As long as you have politics, you'll have smoke and mirrors. In a privatised world, you will get more transparency, without doubt. Sure some people will try to con and defraud, but because of independent audits, the the threat of lawsuits (on a personal level), I know things will be different.

This is Bush's last term. He doesn't really give a fuck.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Hu Jintao went to the US with a very important message during his last trip. I thought he was being slighted by Bush. But from what the way the Bush Administration is treating Chen Shuibian's request for a stop over to Paraguay, it seems that Hu had passed a very strong message to Bush. And the message has sunk in.

The Bush is now distancing his administration from Chen and not sleeping with him anymore. In this sense, apart from the intentional American protocol slips, Hu has been successful in getting Bush not to meddle with China Taiwan relations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> World Affairs All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: